Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins 16:16 - Feb 16 with 10604 viewsmacman

Well, let's see so far:

With half a squad ML managed to keep us in 12th spot in the PL, last 16 in the FA and last 32 in the EL.

With more or less a full squad GM has managed 4 points against two very weak teams and now out of the FA, bravo. Next we can ambitious ourselves out of the EL with a full team selection, because I hope noone really believes GM is tactically up to play against a team like Napoli.

And when Britton is 47 and still playing the Swansea way, where do you think Swanesea will be playing?

ps. Just to spare Darran his favourite 100% likely to come comment: "F*ck off"

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/103603/ok-a-due-apology-
[Post edited 16 Feb 2014 19:56]
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:05 - Feb 16 with 1612 viewsPlasticman

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:36 - Feb 16 by 2face

Monk's job this season is to keep us in the PL and nothing else. All other priorities went out the window, the moment we were 2 points away from relegation.

Gotta suck at the start of every season then. Nedd to throw away all chances for silverware. Especially if you get a fixture list where you meet the big clubs first...

Plastic since 2012

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:06 - Feb 16 with 1610 viewsDr_Winston

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:03 - Feb 16 by ymaohyd

Not quite sure why I'm even bothering to reply but hey ho. I assume you're a seething, jilted fan from Denmark. If so I understand your annoyance. If no,t you're a scum fan on a wind up, failing that and you are a Swans fan then you're probably special need.

ML over a calendar year, in the league had pretty poor stats. There is no denying that we were in the latter stages of the cups, however we have just been beaten by a side who we have never beaten and are lying 5/6 in the league. Can't be asked to check where they are.

My interest in the cup went as soon as we drew Everton away. To be drawn away against Man U, then Birmingham was pretty harsh, We put ourselves in a superb position, that draw though was a killer.

If ML had managed to get us more points in the bag then we might have had the luxury of fielding a strong side. As it is though we are in the middle of a relegation dog fight, partly, not wholly due to ML.

A cynical person might suggest that Laudrup targeted cups rather than the league because they offer a greater chance of glory (and an increased rep for the manager concerned) for smaller clubs than a decent league finish.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:07 - Feb 16 with 1603 viewsDarran

Is macman Danish FFS?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:07 - Feb 16 with 1602 viewsPlasticman

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:43 - Feb 16 by macman

Thank you for your question:-)

I dont think I have more assumptions than otherwise applied by everybody including the board, so I think the score is tied on assumptions.

It is very true that we could have gone out today with ML at the steering wheel, of course it is the FA cup, but I dont think I have seen a more let's roll over team than the one put out there today. It's humiliating to the players and it is disrespectful to the FA cup.

The point about Britton is that you cannot count on having players like him in the club always. The point is that to play with the big boys, you have to attract players like Bony, Michu and Hernandez to name a few. I did not want to criticize Britton at all - he is a super player, but like Gerrard in Liverpool they are a dying breed in the PL and you cannot base your future on the type of club player.

I think I am bias against the ambition that is being displayed, because it was not necessary. Except darlin Brendan, I have not seen one professional comment saying it was a good and logical decision at this time - and todays sacrifice just made me even more annoyed with this strategy.

I have seen many comments in here about ML's way of playing down the chances against big teams. And hail Mary for GM and Jenkins, but you beat them with your feet and not your mouth.

ML's results against big teams were OK I think. And he would never have rolled over like this - where is the pride in that?

To be fair, Laudrup did throw the game against LFC before the cup final.

But I think that's the only game he's fielded such a bad lineup in and the prize that was within grasp was quite visible and tentable at the time.

Plastic since 2012

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:11 - Feb 16 with 1586 viewsDarran

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:07 - Feb 16 by Darran

Is macman Danish FFS?

Yes he is,sounds like a bell end.

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:11 - Feb 16 with 1586 viewsPlasticman

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:06 - Feb 16 by Dr_Winston

A cynical person might suggest that Laudrup targeted cups rather than the league because they offer a greater chance of glory (and an increased rep for the manager concerned) for smaller clubs than a decent league finish.

Laudrup stated quite clearly that he thought cups were the only chance for small clubs out of the "top 7" to have a chance of silverware and feeling they won something big.

It's no secret he liked those competitions. I do disagree with your asumption that it was purely for his own benefit, though. You seem to have an agenda against him in that regard.

Was winning silverware and a middle position in the league really that hurtfull for the club?

Plastic since 2012

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:12 - Feb 16 with 1584 viewsPlasticman

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:11 - Feb 16 by Darran

Yes he is,sounds like a bell end.

Thanks for the implied racism.

Plastic since 2012

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:16 - Feb 16 with 1577 viewsSandfieldshellsangel

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:50 - Feb 16 by fergusferret

Against Everton in the 2012/13 season results with a striker who was on fire and our " first Team" players were 3-0 loss at home 0-0 Draw away this season wehave already lost 2-1

So loosing 3-1 with a fairly credible "B Team" is probably not a bad result

I would rather be competeting for the FA cup being in the Premier League next year and another large payout.

Well done Garry

Agree with that 100%, as for macman,
Well wot a tW£T FACT.

:Til I Die,and Beyond. Oi !! It's A Way Of Life.

Login to get fewer ads

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:16 - Feb 16 with 1573 viewsShaky

That's not being cynical, just being f*cking stupid.

As an ex-player he understood that winning things was important for the morale of the team.

This as opposed to chucking everything in sight with the exception of the huge sack full of money that is the prem. Eh Huw?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:19 - Feb 16 with 1565 viewsDarran

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:12 - Feb 16 by Plasticman

Thanks for the implied racism.

Yes that'll be it Baconface.

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:23 - Feb 16 with 1554 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:35 - Feb 16 by JackSomething

Just an additional reply to your initial post.

We don't know if Monk's 'tactical acumen' will be good enough to beat Napoli. But seeing as all Laudrup's 'tactical acumen' meant f*ck all against the likes of St Gallen and Kuban, I'm not too worried.

+1
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:24 - Feb 16 with 1550 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:37 - Feb 16 by Dr_Winston

Spot on.

Agree 100%
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:27 - Feb 16 with 1539 viewsymaohyd

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:19 - Feb 16 by Darran

Yes that'll be it Baconface.

I shouldn't but...

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:30 - Feb 16 with 1532 viewsLeonisGod

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:17 - Feb 16 by union_jack

I wholeheartedly echo Darren's riposte.

Me too. What a tw@t of a post.

We were flatter than a witches puppy under Laudrup. I'd have loved him to turn it round, but the board decided it was time to change things (largely for reasons they see on a day to day basis and we don't). And based on the first 2 league games it seems their judgement might be spot on. Long way to go though, and nobody will really know until the end of the season.
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:35 - Feb 16 with 1525 viewsJokeren1943

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:36 - Feb 16 by 2face

Monk's job this season is to keep us in the PL and nothing else. All other priorities went out the window, the moment we were 2 points away from relegation.

I tend to think our squad has more potential then being at the bottom of Premier League (15-20th place).

As I said a month ago when we was going to meet United in the FA. Our squad isn't big enough to compete in PL, FA and Europa League at the same time.

But we still have a squad and potential to compete in Europe League and end up in 10-13th place this season.
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 17:37 - Feb 16 with 1440 viewsexiledclaseboy

I knew clicking on this thread was a mistake.

Poll: Tory leader

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 18:11 - Feb 16 with 1400 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Surely not?
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 18:39 - Feb 16 with 1367 viewsgoontheswans

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 16:43 - Feb 16 by macman

Thank you for your question:-)

I dont think I have more assumptions than otherwise applied by everybody including the board, so I think the score is tied on assumptions.

It is very true that we could have gone out today with ML at the steering wheel, of course it is the FA cup, but I dont think I have seen a more let's roll over team than the one put out there today. It's humiliating to the players and it is disrespectful to the FA cup.

The point about Britton is that you cannot count on having players like him in the club always. The point is that to play with the big boys, you have to attract players like Bony, Michu and Hernandez to name a few. I did not want to criticize Britton at all - he is a super player, but like Gerrard in Liverpool they are a dying breed in the PL and you cannot base your future on the type of club player.

I think I am bias against the ambition that is being displayed, because it was not necessary. Except darlin Brendan, I have not seen one professional comment saying it was a good and logical decision at this time - and todays sacrifice just made me even more annoyed with this strategy.

I have seen many comments in here about ML's way of playing down the chances against big teams. And hail Mary for GM and Jenkins, but you beat them with your feet and not your mouth.

ML's results against big teams were OK I think. And he would never have rolled over like this - where is the pride in that?

"I have seen many comments in here about ML's way of playing down the chances against big teams. And hail Mary for GM and Jenkins, but you beat them with your feet and not your mouth

Haha Great line, you certainly do beat them with your feet and not your mouth!!
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 19:38 - Feb 16 with 1321 viewsJBG

Correct me if i'm wrong,or was i watching a different game, apart from 2 fhuck ups Taylor and Williams, and playing with 10 men (Vazquez) i thought our second string did very well against a full strength Everton
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 19:44 - Feb 16 with 1313 viewsjacw

For the OP , if you can't see the difference even with a 3 rd team today then your either blind or stupid .....probably both !
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 20:15 - Feb 16 with 1264 viewsSwansNZ

"Next we can ambitious ourselves out of the EL with a full team selection, because I hope noone really believes GM is tactically up to play against a team like Napoli."

What has Noone got anything to do with it?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 20:17 - Feb 16 with 1259 viewsDarran

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 20:15 - Feb 16 by SwansNZ

"Next we can ambitious ourselves out of the EL with a full team selection, because I hope noone really believes GM is tactically up to play against a team like Napoli."

What has Noone got anything to do with it?

I quite like Herman's Hermits.

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 20:20 - Feb 16 with 1252 viewsSwansNZ

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 20:17 - Feb 16 by Darran

I quite like Herman's Hermits.

Are they Cheap Trick fans?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 20:23 - Feb 16 with 1246 viewspas76

The problems started last year when Swansea won the league cup title, and needed to participate in Europa League.

The team is not build for both the Europa League and the Premier league.
There is a very good base, and a good starting lineup, but when the injuries starts to pile up caused by the load of both competitions then the backup players are simply not good enough.

A club like Swansea simply cannot afford to have a guy the Hernandez or Michu injured for most of the season.
In the West Ham game it was quite obvious that we did not have the creativity in the final third to create the necessary chances (even with massive ball possession), and these situations you need Michu and Hernandez, because it is simply not fair to put all the responsibility on a young lad like Jonjo. We also missed Dyer at times this year and he is another player who can open things up with his pace.
The Stoke game did not convince me that our problems in the final third is solved, but having Hernandez in better shape certainly helped.

We have been going through period like Newcastle a few years ago, when they were 5. in the premier league, and almost got relegated the next season when they participated in the europa league and they are a bigger club that Swansea.

You can blame Huw Jenkins for not making enough funds available to buy the required players to get success in both the europa league and the premier league. It could destabilise the club with big transfer sums, higher wages etc., because Swansea will not be in europa league every year.

ML took the the club to the next level with 9. place in premier league and a league cup victory, and we should respect that and not throw mud at him, because last year when he was winning his training and personality was OK, and i do not believe he has changed that much. This was always going to be an extremely difficult year.

We also need to respect that Huw wanted a change and wanted more "passion and fighting" on the pitch, and it is insane to measure Monks abilities as a Manager on three games or the rest of the season for that matter some of the team is still brought in by ML. I like Monk passion though and that should motivate the players.
Ambitious Monk & Jenkins on 22:00 - Feb 16 with 1167 viewsBloodyhills

I'll be fecking over the moon if we get 4 points for every two games we play until the end of the season.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024