Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we give Garry the job? 20:14 - Feb 23 with 3902 viewsSgorioFruit

In my eyes i think we would be silly not to appoint him in this role permanently.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Should we give Garry the job? on 21:06 - Feb 23 with 1302 viewsJackfath

Should we give Garry the job? on 21:04 - Feb 23 by tomdickharry

How is he going to get a holiday?
The FA UEFA Pro Licence is the mandatory qualification for all first team managers who wish to work in the Premier League. The course is designed to prepare managers and coaches to work at the elite level of the game in a managerial capacity. (International, Premier League, Football League and the FA Women’s Super League). The course has been designed using a competency based approach and will be delivered in a number of modules over an 18 month period, combining distance learning and club visits to support and enhance the learning. The content will be a mixture of theory and practical based delivery using the latest technology and facilities at St. George’s Park.

If he's not allowed, how is he able to do it now?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Should we give Garry the job? on 21:07 - Feb 23 with 1303 viewstrolley_jack

I say leave things as they are. The media will pile pressure on him if given the job straight away. I reckon if Garry wants a new house the club buy him one, if Garry wants a new car or a bag of chips from rossi' s the club sort it out. Just keep him happy then the team is happy. There is no better candidate i can think of though. Just no 8 year contract, At the moment Garry loves the club and the club love him hopfully the team keep performing at the level we have seen recently and we can get a stable manager using us as a stepping stone as we are in a rare situation at this level.
Should we give Garry the job? on 21:43 - Feb 23 with 1251 viewshiteval

Caretaker managers don't need a degree until they're "proper" managers, they specify a time though I think so you couldn't keep someone indefinitely by just calling him a caretaker manager. I'm thinking 12 weeks but could be more, could be less. Then managers can get an exemption if they're working towards the Pro License needed.
Should we give Garry the job? on 21:46 - Feb 23 with 1240 viewsJokeren1943

If you look at Tottenham they were fire and flame when Sherwood started, now they are turning into Average Joe (again).

Wait untill summer and give Monk these 3 months to prove himselves. If things workout for The Monk - why not if he can give the club the results it needs.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2014 21:55]
Should we give Garry the job? on 21:50 - Feb 23 with 1229 viewstomdickharry

Should we give Garry the job? on 21:06 - Feb 23 by Jackfath

If he's not allowed, how is he able to do it now?

Do some detective work the answer is out there.
Should we give Garry the job? on 21:56 - Feb 23 with 1216 viewsmonmouth

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:49 - Feb 23 by ScoobyWho

Monk has been in the job for about three weeks, are we all sure about this ? Would you sack a manager after three weeks ? Conversely why appoint one after the same period of time ?

I think it was Hollins who said, judge me at the end of the season, no benchamark the bloke was a tw at, but maybe there is some mileage in this for Monk ?

I'd sack Stan Laurel after 3 weeks, he's s**t.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Should we give Garry the job? on 22:18 - Feb 23 with 1182 viewsSwanseajill

Two European games in one week. Hard slog against Liverpool today. Next week, a very important game for us as the points are needed to insure our safety in this league.
Training, and learning the every day stuff that 'head coaches' need to do.Twins due on Thursday,so no time to unwind on the sofa in the evenings.
Just another day at the office....not on your nelly.
Should we give Garry the job? on 22:35 - Feb 23 with 1161 viewsGlyn1

So far he's won only 1 game out of 5. Let's wait until the end of the season before making any costly decisions. After all, there isn't any need to rush to any decision - he isn't going to be poached by any other club, and wouldn't go even if he was approached.

And, by the way, congratulations to Bony on scoring his first goals in the Premier League in England.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2014 22:44]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

Should we give Garry the job? on 23:40 - Feb 23 with 1101 viewsJoeSoccerFan

As said by a few posters, no need to rush the decision. GM is doing a good job, but lets watch his progress/development and make the decision after the season is over.

I would expect that the board would be giving GM frequent and appropriate positive feedback.

Note to GM. Plan for kids in the summer - poor planning on your part!
Should we give Garry the job? on 23:42 - Feb 23 with 1101 views2face

At the moment he looks like some kind of Pep Guardiola genius imo. But like someone else said, let's give it some time before making long term decisions. It's only been a couple of weeks. It does look good though. Cardiff, Napoli and Liverpool have been some of the most entertaining football matches, I've ever seen. Let's just have some luck already ffs.
Should we give Garry the job? on 23:45 - Feb 23 with 1100 viewsfelixstowe_jack

We already have an experienced old head. he is called Alan Curtis.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Should we give Garry the job? on 23:59 - Feb 23 with 1090 viewssnork44

Four questions need to be asked here

1. Does Garry want the job?

2. Does the board want Monk to have the job

3. Is Garry qualified to take the position viz za viz the UEFA coaching badges?

4. Does the board want a 'name' manager either domestic or Continental to attract better players?

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Should we give Garry the job? on 09:05 - Feb 24 with 1028 viewstomdickharry

Should we give Garry the job? on 23:59 - Feb 23 by snork44

Four questions need to be asked here

1. Does Garry want the job?

2. Does the board want Monk to have the job

3. Is Garry qualified to take the position viz za viz the UEFA coaching badges?

4. Does the board want a 'name' manager either domestic or Continental to attract better players?

No3 has already been answered,he does not therefore cannot be a PL Manager.How many more times.
Should we give Garry the job? on 09:13 - Feb 24 with 1025 viewsOdgaard

If Swansea, can be better than 6 points off relegation, then i think he should get the job.
And what was the point with sacking Laudrup, if Monk not is the Man to get the job?

I think in this moment, that Monk looks like a guy who can bring Swansea further than ML, but the big worries for me is the TRANSFER window.. I dont think he could bring any players like those ML got. But luckily the Status of Swansea have raised since ML arrived, so its not totally unlikely ( i still think Ngog and Emnes are shit like Vasquez and Schecter)

The team have been a pleasure to watch the last two games!!! The Stoke game was a disappointing one, i thought it was a must win game against a weak teams who fit us perfectly in there playing style.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2014 9:17]
Should we give Garry the job? on 09:17 - Feb 24 with 1022 viewsKennedy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2525803/Tim-Sherwood-cleared-m

Just call me JFK

Should we give Garry the job? on 09:28 - Feb 24 with 965 viewstomdickharry

Should we give Garry the job? on 09:17 - Feb 24 by Kennedy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2525803/Tim-Sherwood-cleared-m

Here's a question does Monk have the UEFA A licence?
Should we give Garry the job? on 09:41 - Feb 24 with 950 viewsswanny

Fortunately, it's not our decision to make - he has the job for the 'forseeable future' and that's probably all the pressure that he wants/needs right now.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Should we give Garry the job? on 10:18 - Feb 24 with 926 viewsSpratty

Should we give Garry the job? on 09:41 - Feb 24 by swanny

Fortunately, it's not our decision to make - he has the job for the 'forseeable future' and that's probably all the pressure that he wants/needs right now.

Cannot be faulted for enthusiasm or commitment which is unsurprising given such a fantastic opportunity with a great and highly regarded PL team that he captained. The real test comes over time or if and when the team starts losing key players.

Martinez brought something new to the table and could not have worked out better for us so lets see. See this more as consolidation than complete tactical rebirth though.
Should we give Garry the job? on 11:20 - Feb 24 with 889 viewsScoobyWho

Should we give Garry the job? on 10:18 - Feb 24 by Spratty

Cannot be faulted for enthusiasm or commitment which is unsurprising given such a fantastic opportunity with a great and highly regarded PL team that he captained. The real test comes over time or if and when the team starts losing key players.

Martinez brought something new to the table and could not have worked out better for us so lets see. See this more as consolidation than complete tactical rebirth though.

Chap in work confirms that he cant manage Swansea after 12 weeks, needs pro licence as has already been mentioned, so he cant be appointed.

Unless you can be appointed and 'work towards' the qualification ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Should we give Garry the job? on 12:32 - Feb 24 with 861 viewsTownhill_Hilton

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:23 - Feb 23 by Jackfath

Which is why I brought up the need for another person to come in and help.

A Glen Hoddle type who has contacts, and also could advise the board to ensure smooth running of contracts etc

Like Eileen Drewery.
Should we give Garry the job? on 13:01 - Feb 24 with 849 viewsharemscarem

Should we give Garry the job? on 20:17 - Feb 23 by perchrockjack

If he keeps us up, there should make him First Minister.

Staying up shoud not be a problem for Swansea with this team. It really shouln't. The present 12th place should be the goal. I think they should keep Monk, but the reason should not be "if he keep us up".

Should we give Garry the job? on 13:19 - Feb 24 with 829 viewsairedale

Alan Curbishley is available for mentoring, and I think he'd work well with our management.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024