Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor substitutions cost us the match 19:53 - Feb 27 with 6384 viewsLiberty

Routledge off

Emnes then switched to left

Emnes then taken off

Taylor winger, the death knell.

So defensive, gutted.

Good opportunity missed, really good opportunity missed.

Players did really well, on the brightside.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 19:54 - Feb 27 with 3730 viewsJackanapes

Just fk off you utter cnt

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 19:54 - Feb 27 with 3718 viewspremierjack

Don't agree - poor finishing cost us
Poor substitutions cost us the match on 19:55 - Feb 27 with 3697 viewsexiledclaseboy

Your passive-aggressive disapproval of Monk is amusing to me.

Poll: Tory leader

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 19:59 - Feb 27 with 3629 viewsLiberty

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 19:54 - Feb 27 by Jackanapes

Just fk off you utter cnt

I suppose thats one side of the argument.

Sometimes substitutions have a positive effect on a match ( the ideal scenario) , tonight wasn't one of them.

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:01 - Feb 27 with 3597 viewsLiam12345

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 19:59 - Feb 27 by Liberty

I suppose thats one side of the argument.

Sometimes substitutions have a positive effect on a match ( the ideal scenario) , tonight wasn't one of them.

just dont bother everyone will disagree with you its unbelievable but you are 100% correct and everyone else is 100% wrong

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:02 - Feb 27 with 3577 viewsunion_jack

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 19:54 - Feb 27 by premierjack

Yep.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:03 - Feb 27 with 3555 viewsDaryllTheJack

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 19:54 - Feb 27 by premierjack

We did have a lot of good chances but Reina has been unstoppable for them in the back.
Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:04 - Feb 27 with 3539 viewsParlay

Nobody should be critical of anyone tonight, everyone was excellent. monk as manager will have to make decisions such as this, some times they work, sometimes they dont.

To say the changes cost us the match however is incredible.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Login to get fewer ads

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:05 - Feb 27 with 3503 viewsexiledclaseboy

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:04 - Feb 27 by Parlay

Nobody should be critical of anyone tonight, everyone was excellent. monk as manager will have to make decisions such as this, some times they work, sometimes they dont.

It's just a brainless way of Liberty saying yet again that Laudrup shouldn't have been sacked and Monk shouldn't be in charge. I think he's Danish. Either that or an idiot. Or possibly both. You'll get used to him.

Poll: Tory leader

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:06 - Feb 27 with 3499 viewsWxmJax

I would have put Taylor at the back and moved Ben forward but there you go, we'll never know. Great performance though.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:06 - Feb 27 with 3480 viewsLiam12345

nobody cost us but how can you say bringing a defender on for an attacking player who was doing fantastic with 25 mins to go it is a crazy decision but at least we can learn from it and it doe not affect our league performance.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:08 - Feb 27 with 3456 viewsLiberty

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:02 - Feb 27 by union_jack

Yep.

What poor finishing ?

Emnes had to chip keeper, power and keeper would have saved. Great goal line clearance.

Bony got header on target, unfortuntately straight at keeper.

Great save to stop Tiendelli effort at end.

Wouldn't say we were woeful in front of goal.

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:10 - Feb 27 with 3424 viewsAl_Bundy

Bringing on Taylor was an error.. we effectively played with two LB's and played very deep on that side.

Dyer had a poor game and run down blind alleys. Can see the logic of taking either Emnes or Routledge off but not both. Our game revolves around good wide play and we effectively reduced our options.

Bony should have taken his headed chance and Hernandez should have put Dyer in on the overlap.

Great game to watch. Only worry is we've shipped 10 away goals in three matches now.
Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:12 - Feb 27 with 3381 viewsParlay

Taylor is a full back. He is great at going forward and the logic is clear as he also is adept when tracking back. We were just coming under the cosh and were in all likelyhood going to be under the cosh until the end of the game as napoli threw everyone forward. Davies or taylor have been giving opposing fullbacks a torrid time for years. Its not like we brought on Amat.

Forum celebrity

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:14 - Feb 27 with 3336 viewsJokeren1943

Should have used an extra central defender instead of a left-back.

Amat instead of Taylor.

But the general problem changing a offensive player for a defender against such a good team as Napoli - you wil defend to deep.
Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:15 - Feb 27 with 3326 viewsDingdong

Substitutions terrible, taylor poor, couldnt run back for the second goal and only on the pitch a few minutes whereas ben davies running till the end. Taylor and tiendalli both rubbish. Thought Emnes done ok, we went too defensive and then in the end took de gutman off leaving 3 full backs on. Sorry to say but Monks tactics not on song tonight!
Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:16 - Feb 27 with 3301 viewsParlay

Think i may have to leave this thread before i tear my face off.

Forum celebrity

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:18 - Feb 27 with 3260 viewsNeathJack

And no doubt if Monk hadn't brought Taylor on and we had conceded, the naysayers would be criticising him for not trying to shut up shop.

It was a perfectly sensible move in the circumstances and had no bearing on the 2nd Napoli goal which simply came from a lucky ricochet falling at the feet of a £35m striker 8 yards out.
Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:21 - Feb 27 with 3228 viewspremierjack

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:08 - Feb 27 by Liberty

What poor finishing ?

Emnes had to chip keeper, power and keeper would have saved. Great goal line clearance.

Bony got header on target, unfortuntately straight at keeper.

Great save to stop Tiendelli effort at end.

Wouldn't say we were woeful in front of goal.

Didnt say woeful but any team that creats so many chances over two legs should score more than one goal.

Could and should have won the game in the first leg.

Absolutely NO blame on anyone - it's just football. Some you win, some you lose
Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:29 - Feb 27 with 3186 viewsAl_Bundy

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:18 - Feb 27 by NeathJack

And no doubt if Monk hadn't brought Taylor on and we had conceded, the naysayers would be criticising him for not trying to shut up shop.

It was a perfectly sensible move in the circumstances and had no bearing on the 2nd Napoli goal which simply came from a lucky ricochet falling at the feet of a £35m striker 8 yards out.

Difference being we were not under great pressure or threat before the subs.

The subs actually caused us to lose possession and play deeper and let Napoli in.

Can see why GM did it but it didn't unfortunately come off tonight.
Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:29 - Feb 27 with 3185 viewsLiberty

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:05 - Feb 27 by exiledclaseboy

It's just a brainless way of Liberty saying yet again that Laudrup shouldn't have been sacked and Monk shouldn't be in charge. I think he's Danish. Either that or an idiot. Or possibly both. You'll get used to him.

I was gutted Laudrup went, but not mentioned it for a while - others seem far more obsesed with him than me, let them keep his ghost alive.

I have said that Garrys undoubted professionalism and enthusiasm may not be enough to make up for lack of management experience, I know he has helped with the under 8's, b4 I get picked up on it.

1 win in 6. Yep I know the opposition we have played, thats what you get when you are in prem and europa. Thats the level we are at and I want to stay.

Anyway, onto Palace - lets see results from all the fun and enjoyment the players are obviously enjoying now. I am positive we will win...

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:29 - Feb 27 with 3180 viewsgiantstoneater

The challenges are coming thick and fast for Monk we will get to see how quickly he can lift the players. On tonight's performance I am extremely proud.
Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:33 - Feb 27 with 3153 viewstherealme

Poor finishing cost us the tie

If only Monk had put 1 or 2 of his chances away

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:33 - Feb 27 with 3148 viewscurleigh

Agree totally, the match was ours up to that point, you see top clubs making defensive changes too keep the advantage, up until the lucky break they had for their goal they were clueless in front of goal we were looking the most likely to score. gutted
Poor substitutions cost us the match on 20:36 - Feb 27 with 3116 viewsParlay

What game were you watching Al_Bundy? It was all Napoli and we had retreated deeper and deeper. It was constant napoli pressure prior to the sub and a more defensive left sided player is perfectly sensible.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2014 20:37]

Forum celebrity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024