Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last away game I do for a while 01:49 - Mar 12 with 2852 viewsBedfordR

Let's start by saying I don't think we were that bad tonight. We bossed the game for 75 minutes and let in two soft goals to gift them the game.

But two reasons I will be leaving away games for a while...

1 - I don't identify with the players, and they don't identify with us. BAE stood on the wing tonight, completely open and waiting for the ball. But that was it, waiting. If it came, great. If not, oh well. The players don't care for the shirt or the club and frankly, I don't care for them. I want QPR to win, but I couldn't give a hoot about the players that are currently wearing the hoops.

2 - I stand up at away games. I sing at away games. Not everyone does, it's a choice. To see one of our fans running up and down the aisle getting in peoples faces and shouting at them to 'fücking stand up you c"nts' is disgusting. The division amongst the fans is depressing beyond belief. If you've travelled down from London on a weeknight to follow rangers then you have done your bit. There is no obligation to stand and sing, regardless of your beliefs.

I've just had enough of the club at the moment and my hard earned money and time won't be going on something that, frankly, I don't enjoy doing any more.
Last away game I do for a while on 02:07 - Mar 12 with 2835 viewsFredManRave

A couple of related questions;

1 - What was the players reaction at the final whistle? Do they all just trundle off, heads down without acknowledging the fans or are there at least some that go over to the fans at the final whistle. And not just for this game but in general.

2 - Despite the internal fighting what was the support for the team like? Most are saying that we played well, dominated had shots on target etc so did that get picked up on by the fans and did they get behind the team. And what kind of reaction from the fans as the goals went in and at the final whistle.

Real shame you feel the way you do, btw, it would appear to be a sign of the times at QPR atm.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2014 2:10]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Last away game I do for a while on 07:34 - Mar 12 with 2666 viewsQPR_Nippon

Last away game I do for a while on 02:07 - Mar 12 by FredManRave

A couple of related questions;

1 - What was the players reaction at the final whistle? Do they all just trundle off, heads down without acknowledging the fans or are there at least some that go over to the fans at the final whistle. And not just for this game but in general.

2 - Despite the internal fighting what was the support for the team like? Most are saying that we played well, dominated had shots on target etc so did that get picked up on by the fans and did they get behind the team. And what kind of reaction from the fans as the goals went in and at the final whistle.

Real shame you feel the way you do, btw, it would appear to be a sign of the times at QPR atm.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2014 2:10]

Fans got behind the team pretty well I thought, although there was obviously a growing sense of frustration that we weren't converting our dominance into goals. Most of the players came and applauded us at the end, and the majority of the minority who stayed til the bitter end responded in kind. Very different to the reaction after Charlton.

Just wasn't our night last night. I thought there was a pace and purpose in our play that has been lacking for most of the season, and that's reflected in the match stats. Ultimately though we were let down by poor play in the final third and two defensive lapses. If we'd had Austin and Phillips playing instead of Keane and Hoilett it would have been a different story, I'm sure.

As is so often the case in football, evaluations of a team's performance are coloured by the final result, often in the context of other recent results, hence comments like Rangers were 'pony' last night. (That was only warranted in BAE's case.)
Last away game I do for a while on 08:02 - Mar 12 with 2564 viewsjonno

Last away game I do for a while on 07:34 - Mar 12 by QPR_Nippon

Fans got behind the team pretty well I thought, although there was obviously a growing sense of frustration that we weren't converting our dominance into goals. Most of the players came and applauded us at the end, and the majority of the minority who stayed til the bitter end responded in kind. Very different to the reaction after Charlton.

Just wasn't our night last night. I thought there was a pace and purpose in our play that has been lacking for most of the season, and that's reflected in the match stats. Ultimately though we were let down by poor play in the final third and two defensive lapses. If we'd had Austin and Phillips playing instead of Keane and Hoilett it would have been a different story, I'm sure.

As is so often the case in football, evaluations of a team's performance are coloured by the final result, often in the context of other recent results, hence comments like Rangers were 'pony' last night. (That was only warranted in BAE's case.)

I would agree with this. Last night we actually played pretty well and were clearly the better side. Spoke to some Brighton fans after the game who said the same thing, but as they said we had nothing up front to give them any problems so all our possession counted for nothing. With Austin in the side we would have won last night, with Philips as well we would have won comfortably. How has it come to the situation where we are playing with the boy Keane up front who is clearly totally out of his depth at this level of the game? If you don't have a player in that position who can win the ball, hold onto it and bring other players into the game you might as well not bother frankly, and unfortunately Keane can do none of those things. In fact, he looked more like a midfield player being asked to play as a striker, none of his movement or touch looked like that of a striker and he simply is not prepared to get in where it might hurt in order to get a goal. The situation reflects badly on the manager and the coaching staff - it is their job to ensure we have the players to cover in all positions and they simply have not done that.
Last away game I do for a while on 08:03 - Mar 12 with 2563 viewssevenhoop

we played well last night. Brighton created f*** all, but it was so inevitable that, after so much of our , they would score with their first meaningful attack.

Btw, that was probably one of the most inept centre forward's display that i have witnessed last night by Keane. if he was instructed to stand still, not make any runs, keep close to his marker, he carried that out to the letter.
Last away game I do for a while on 08:32 - Mar 12 with 2497 viewsDiscodroid

all good points ^^^^^^^

watching via the stream last night, he seemed to be bullied by their big center back.

deep in the second half a high ball was played in, that came down with ice on it, he looked like the skinny swat at school that had to climb up a rope in p.e., the center half was contemptuous of him.

having calmed down a bit this morning, i still feel that we are a dogs dinner/pigs ear of a side, that in essence ,relies on a 22 year old unpredictable but gifted loanee, who could be recalled by his parent club.

not much to show for the reign of 'h' , and the countless millions blurted by TF and our sunshine -coach- day- trippers to margate management team ,into a blue and white hooped wizards sleeve.

still it was good to see swp laughing his head off in training this week via those training pictures on the official site this week.

swp/johnson/zamora all missing again, whats that , £80/90 grand a week at least being taken under false pretences . no wonder we feel so alienated . it would be impossible to feel otherwise.

were not good enough, the standard of football has been 'misty buff'at best,if we go up id rather rebuild the berlin wall with john barrowman and elton john as my hod carriers ,than rebuild this squad to avoid relegation.

cant bury me head in the sand like a japenese soldier in the jungle still thinking its 1942 or follow our own david koresh redknapp into the nirvana of further debt, shit football and watching a team of soldiers of fortune.

take a long weekend to margate 'h', im sure joe and kev will enjoy the invigorating ,bracing waters, the sea view, the fish and chips, the tupperware museum,the mobility scooter showroon,top rank bingo and the crisp white sheets at mrs norma's knockers 3 star guest house(no guests after ten,pets or women visitors after 7pm).

better still ,book up till the middle of june.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2014 9:30]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Last away game I do for a while on 08:46 - Mar 12 with 2456 viewsDiscodroid

H "look at that joe, they dont even clean their nets at the amex, the dirty buggers"!

j '"i know 'arry ,this was all fields you know....och! all that water make me want to pee"

KB "the answer is easter monday ,lloyd george and 1954"

WD "where am i ? and who are you ?, can you empty my piss bag"

mrs brady (old lady) = 'h'

[Post edited 12 Mar 2014 9:02]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Last away game I do for a while on 09:03 - Mar 12 with 2406 viewsmorgantwin

Last away game I do for a while on 08:46 - Mar 12 by Discodroid

H "look at that joe, they dont even clean their nets at the amex, the dirty buggers"!

j '"i know 'arry ,this was all fields you know....och! all that water make me want to pee"

KB "the answer is easter monday ,lloyd george and 1954"

WD "where am i ? and who are you ?, can you empty my piss bag"

mrs brady (old lady) = 'h'

[Post edited 12 Mar 2014 9:02]

bedford ranger dont take it so seriously im the bloke who calls you names for not singing
but its only because if we start dropping divisions we need to sing for the rangers
i ,love you bedford an yet i call you a xxxx
but its not meant in a derogative way,its meant to put some stell into our fan bse ,please dont be offended by my shouting,you giving up on rangers is the last thing i want ,but our singing must be at least as good as most in our division,if you go to the millwall home game you will see the loudest singers in our division
but there team are crap,we can still go up through the [play offs but you must believe bedford,you believe and we can achieve

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

Last away game I do for a while on 09:28 - Mar 12 with 2343 viewsDiscodroid

the adventures of 'h'and 'joe''

dont touch that dial..

Login to get fewer ads

Last away game I do for a while on 09:40 - Mar 12 with 2310 viewsbatmanhoop

fantastic emotive post Bedford. I stood in some bus stop in Brighton and hour after the game to get to my car parked less than two miles from the ground. One emergency pit stop and two road diversions later, I trundled up to bed at 3.15 this morning. You spoke for me and the lads from Chelmsford and Kilburn waiting at the same bus stop and a large proportion of the 2,000 who follow our team from all parts of the country.
Last away game I do for a while on 09:42 - Mar 12 with 2303 viewsElHoop

Last away game I do for a while on 09:40 - Mar 12 by batmanhoop

fantastic emotive post Bedford. I stood in some bus stop in Brighton and hour after the game to get to my car parked less than two miles from the ground. One emergency pit stop and two road diversions later, I trundled up to bed at 3.15 this morning. You spoke for me and the lads from Chelmsford and Kilburn waiting at the same bus stop and a large proportion of the 2,000 who follow our team from all parts of the country.

Isn't this the ground upon with we are modelling our new stadium?
Last away game I do for a while on 09:47 - Mar 12 with 2297 viewsbatmanhoop

Last away game I do for a while on 09:42 - Mar 12 by ElHoop

Isn't this the ground upon with we are modelling our new stadium?

great stadium, padded seats and all, but Location, Location, Location. My car was parked off Falmer Road, 2 miles away at most, it took me 1-2 hours to get to it.
Last away game I do for a while on 10:32 - Mar 12 with 2221 viewsBedfordR

Morgan...

If that was you, can I ask how much it achieved?

As it is, I was already standing and singing, so I don't take the shouting personally. But how many fans stood up and started singing after you shouted at them? How many sat there looking threatened and probably even more fed up? I think you probably know the answer deep down.
Last away game I do for a while on 13:03 - Mar 12 with 2071 viewsDiscodroid

methinks morgan wears sergio tachini shorts as underpants and uses william hunt cufflinks as chinese throwing stars, if you will, before arranging meets via 'the world wide web' on a 'PC '/'LAP TOP' or 'media device'.

Last away game I do for a while on 13:12 - Mar 12 with 2057 viewsFredManRave

Last away game I do for a while on 13:03 - Mar 12 by Discodroid

methinks morgan wears sergio tachini shorts as underpants and uses william hunt cufflinks as chinese throwing stars, if you will, before arranging meets via 'the world wide web' on a 'PC '/'LAP TOP' or 'media device'.

He probably says "Jog on" and "No runners" quite a lot aswell.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Last away game I do for a while on 17:10 - Mar 12 with 1913 viewsDiscodroid

Last away game I do for a while on 13:12 - Mar 12 by FredManRave

He probably says "Jog on" and "No runners" quite a lot aswell.

can you believe their are still people like this??..

morgan "stand aside miscreant..ill show this chelsea charlatan the keen edge of my bone handled chiv if he ventures into the loft"twin.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2014 17:14]

Last away game I do for a while on 17:26 - Mar 12 with 1881 viewsNorthernr

Last away game I do for a while on 09:03 - Mar 12 by morgantwin

bedford ranger dont take it so seriously im the bloke who calls you names for not singing
but its only because if we start dropping divisions we need to sing for the rangers
i ,love you bedford an yet i call you a xxxx
but its not meant in a derogative way,its meant to put some stell into our fan bse ,please dont be offended by my shouting,you giving up on rangers is the last thing i want ,but our singing must be at least as good as most in our division,if you go to the millwall home game you will see the loudest singers in our division
but there team are crap,we can still go up through the [play offs but you must believe bedford,you believe and we can achieve

Nurse, the patient has escaped.
Last away game I do for a while on 17:30 - Mar 12 with 1869 viewsNortholt_Rs

Pukka!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024