Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" 07:43 - Apr 3 with 6477 viewsjacksinceever

Just got emailed by SCFC and asked if I wanted to apply to buy a ST? I already have three in our family, so thought another one would be a bit greedy!
however, should they be working their way down the the 8000 supposedly on that list?

Before anyone posts a reply, I know it was a generic email probably sent to all subscribers, but still .................
[Post edited 3 Apr 2014 7:44]
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 13:15 - Apr 4 with 1210 viewsjackonicko

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 13:09 - Apr 4 by Uxbridge

That is odd. I can only conclude there is no list. If there was then why are they still canvassing?

It'd make a lot more sense to me if they asked JA members first if want a ST, and work down from there.

How could there not be a waiting list? That would be just too odd - especially when the club has made references to it.

I have every confidence that the Commercial Department would not have missed such an obvious thing.
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 13:24 - Apr 4 with 1199 viewsUxbridge

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 13:15 - Apr 4 by jackonicko

How could there not be a waiting list? That would be just too odd - especially when the club has made references to it.

I have every confidence that the Commercial Department would not have missed such an obvious thing.

As do I. We were told it existed, so exist it must.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 13:52 - Apr 4 with 1169 viewsel_pancho

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 09:48 - Apr 3 by builthjack

I had the email too. We are already season ticket holders!

Another balls up by the sh!tness that is the SCFC marketing team!

Poll: As things currently stand are Huw Jenkins et al more disliked than Tony Petty?

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 13:53 - Apr 4 with 1168 viewsel_pancho

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 09:53 - Apr 3 by Uxbridge

It's a puzzler. I'd have thought those on the waiting list (if it exists) would have been contacted first ... what the hell's the point of it otherwise?

As I received it, it does look a generic mailshot for all Swans fans.

I remember bleating on about how inept the marketing team are a few months ago, yet another example.

Does the person in charge have any marketing qualifications? Again this is CRM 101.

Clueless.

Poll: As things currently stand are Huw Jenkins et al more disliked than Tony Petty?

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 13:55 - Apr 4 with 1162 viewsPhil_S

I'm not sure there is a waiting list - I thought the 8000 related to the number of people who had indicated they would buy a season ticket in the stadium expansion survey?

Thats not to say that we couldnt have used this information to promote any spare STs that we may have but I dont think it was ever really a waiting list.
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:09 - Apr 4 with 1143 viewsUxbridge

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 13:55 - Apr 4 by Phil_S

I'm not sure there is a waiting list - I thought the 8000 related to the number of people who had indicated they would buy a season ticket in the stadium expansion survey?

Thats not to say that we couldnt have used this information to promote any spare STs that we may have but I dont think it was ever really a waiting list.

Am relatively sure it was stated there was an actual waiting list when we got promoted. Might be old age though. Suspect you are right on the 8,000 figure, but again what was the point of getting those names if we weren't going to use them?

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:11 - Apr 4 with 1136 viewsPhil_S

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:09 - Apr 4 by Uxbridge

Am relatively sure it was stated there was an actual waiting list when we got promoted. Might be old age though. Suspect you are right on the 8,000 figure, but again what was the point of getting those names if we weren't going to use them?

No disagreement on that - given the stadium expansion isn't happening this year it would make sense to use the list as it is the nearest we have to a waiting list

FWIW its worth I didnt have an email about a season ticket this year so it clearly hasnt gone to all season ticket holders so no idea what the selection process is
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:12 - Apr 4 with 1135 viewsGriffting

My mate wants to apply for a season, they told him in ticket office to fill out the form online... We can't even see on the season tickets part of the official where you apply, only renewals.
Login to get fewer ads

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:16 - Apr 4 with 1130 viewsPrivate_Partz

It probably is there Griff but hidden in some obscure area. There again I would not put my pension on it.
This really is an area our alleged newly appointed commercial manager needs to address.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:23 - Apr 4 with 1120 viewsjackonicko

No actual waiting list with, you know, names on it and contact details?

I'm shocked I tell you. Shocked.
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:29 - Apr 4 with 1113 viewsUxbridge

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:11 - Apr 4 by Phil_S

No disagreement on that - given the stadium expansion isn't happening this year it would make sense to use the list as it is the nearest we have to a waiting list

FWIW its worth I didnt have an email about a season ticket this year so it clearly hasnt gone to all season ticket holders so no idea what the selection process is

That's strange then. I haven't applied for extra ST at any time or even filled in the survey as far as I can recall and I got one. Put it down to the random number generator then

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:34 - Apr 4 with 1106 views3swan

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:29 - Apr 4 by Uxbridge

That's strange then. I haven't applied for extra ST at any time or even filled in the survey as far as I can recall and I got one. Put it down to the random number generator then

No email received here.

IMO there is no waiting list.

The survey info was used as a comment once, and I believe that it was then taken as a waiting list bit never challenged.
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:42 - Apr 4 with 1089 viewsUxbridge

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:34 - Apr 4 by 3swan

No email received here.

The survey info was used as a comment once, and I believe that it was then taken as a waiting list bit never challenged.

Found this article from 2011 - http://www.swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=245596. Not an official link but looks a C&P of the original official site article (can't seem to find any old articles on site). Does say any names will be added to waiting list. Plus didn't we undertake the same exercise last year?

Anyway, given we have the Jackarmy membership system, why don't they work down the points total and offer season tickets to them, or let them apply? Struggling to justify spending a tenner next season as just seems to be money for old rope for the club.

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:45 - Apr 4 with 1077 viewsjackonicko

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:34 - Apr 4 by 3swan

No email received here.

Not really. There has been talk of a waiting list, as Andy says, since we got promoted to PL. Here is a BBC reference made whilst that mythical survey was still being carried out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-20607207

Of course, this is a media article, not something directly from the club. The BBC may have just made the natural assumption that such a thing might exist...
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:48 - Apr 4 with 1068 views3swan

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:42 - Apr 4 by Uxbridge

Found this article from 2011 - http://www.swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=245596. Not an official link but looks a C&P of the original official site article (can't seem to find any old articles on site). Does say any names will be added to waiting list. Plus didn't we undertake the same exercise last year?

Anyway, given we have the Jackarmy membership system, why don't they work down the points total and offer season tickets to them, or let them apply? Struggling to justify spending a tenner next season as just seems to be money for old rope for the club.

Again from memory those bands were handed out to people queuing up outside the Liberty for S.T's

I think that was the only official waiting list at the time if they registered, amounting to a few hundred at best, but not thousands.

More than happy to be proved wrong.
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:52 - Apr 4 with 1019 views3swan

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:45 - Apr 4 by jackonicko

Not really. There has been talk of a waiting list, as Andy says, since we got promoted to PL. Here is a BBC reference made whilst that mythical survey was still being carried out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-20607207

Of course, this is a media article, not something directly from the club. The BBC may have just made the natural assumption that such a thing might exist...

Which is what I think has happened. A figure mentioned has turned into an official list.

If this list existed then I can't see any reason why the club is touting for business by email.

As I said in another mail just my opinion and more than happy if there is a list of thousands out there
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:55 - Apr 4 with 1014 viewsUxbridge

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:52 - Apr 4 by 3swan

Which is what I think has happened. A figure mentioned has turned into an official list.

If this list existed then I can't see any reason why the club is touting for business by email.

As I said in another mail just my opinion and more than happy if there is a list of thousands out there

Aye, I think we've all come to the same conclusion that a list doesn't exist. I guess the question is why it doesn't, as it's either has been explictly stated or merely hinted (depending on your viewpoint) in the past, as it would seem basic common sense to have one.

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:57 - Apr 4 with 1007 views3swan

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:55 - Apr 4 by Uxbridge

Aye, I think we've all come to the same conclusion that a list doesn't exist. I guess the question is why it doesn't, as it's either has been explictly stated or merely hinted (depending on your viewpoint) in the past, as it would seem basic common sense to have one.

Sell out home crowds. Yes you would have thought that such a thing would have been in place.

Always prepare from a position of strength.
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 15:04 - Apr 4 with 995 viewsUxbridge

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:57 - Apr 4 by 3swan

Sell out home crowds. Yes you would have thought that such a thing would have been in place.

Always prepare from a position of strength.

Indeed. Especially when you're supposedly planning to add 60% to the capacity.

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 15:10 - Apr 4 with 983 viewsRancid

We all wanted it to be 8000 for bragging rights when in reality it's probably 10-15% of that.
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 15:14 - Apr 4 with 972 viewsmonmouth

I got the e-mail too. Hope this doesn't mean that renewals are well down and desperation is setting in. "Quick Pike, e-mail everyone see if we can flog some more". Being our commercial dept they then e-mail everyone that already has an ST....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 15:20 - Apr 4 with 961 viewsLe_Swans

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 14:12 - Apr 4 by Griffting

My mate wants to apply for a season, they told him in ticket office to fill out the form online... We can't even see on the season tickets part of the official where you apply, only renewals.

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 15:56 - Apr 4 with 928 viewsGriffting

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 15:20 - Apr 4 by Le_Swans

Cheers mate
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 16:11 - Apr 4 with 907 viewstomdickharry

No e-mail here,could well be a random circulation.
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 16:15 - Apr 4 with 903 viewsRancid

Maybe they've been sent to those who were first on the list.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024