Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" 07:43 - Apr 3 with 6476 viewsjacksinceever

Just got emailed by SCFC and asked if I wanted to apply to buy a ST? I already have three in our family, so thought another one would be a bit greedy!
however, should they be working their way down the the 8000 supposedly on that list?

Before anyone posts a reply, I know it was a generic email probably sent to all subscribers, but still .................
[Post edited 3 Apr 2014 7:44]
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 16:25 - Apr 4 with 937 viewsScoobyWho

Wasn't the 8000 3 years ago ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 16:27 - Apr 4 with 935 viewsjacksfullaces

Sorry fellas but you have been living in cloud cuckoo land about this. My dad who attended a handful of matches in first couple of seasons replied to a general email last summer and got a St immediately. There is no waiting list or seething mass of potential. If anything we may see declining numbers.
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 16:31 - Apr 4 with 926 viewsScoobyWho

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 16:27 - Apr 4 by jacksfullaces

Sorry fellas but you have been living in cloud cuckoo land about this. My dad who attended a handful of matches in first couple of seasons replied to a general email last summer and got a St immediately. There is no waiting list or seething mass of potential. If anything we may see declining numbers.

Thats it stick it with some negativity, then we will all feel better about little Swansea.

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 17:13 - Apr 4 with 888 viewsjacksfullaces

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 16:31 - Apr 4 by ScoobyWho

Thats it stick it with some negativity, then we will all feel better about little Swansea.

To be fair I think there is some middle ground in this but getting carried away over this is something IM glad to see the board not doing. Sustainable growth may mean we have to accept we plateau for a while and create strategies that look to grow the club home and abroad. Haven't had to do much over the last 10 years as on the field success has assured growth and interest. Marketing and graft off the field may need to be upped to firstly keep what we have got and then grow incrementally. And in the mean time hope we don't get relegated!
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 17:42 - Apr 4 with 857 viewsIAN05

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 15:14 - Apr 4 by monmouth

I got the e-mail too. Hope this doesn't mean that renewals are well down and desperation is setting in. "Quick Pike, e-mail everyone see if we can flog some more". Being our commercial dept they then e-mail everyone that already has an ST....

Season ticket renewals are over 14,000. No idea how that compares to last year, if honest, but sounds healthy
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 01:11 - Apr 5 with 763 viewsDyfnant

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 17:42 - Apr 4 by IAN05

Season ticket renewals are over 14,000. No idea how that compares to last year, if honest, but sounds healthy

Doesn't that mean around 2000 haven't renewed? If so, certainly doesn't sound healthy.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 08:22 - Apr 5 with 740 viewsAndy1300

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 01:11 - Apr 5 by Dyfnant

Doesn't that mean around 2000 haven't renewed? If so, certainly doesn't sound healthy.

2 lads in work with me are not renewing due to changes in their working hours.

Number 1 team in Wales

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 08:29 - Apr 5 with 734 viewsjacksfullaces

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 08:22 - Apr 5 by Andy1300

2 lads in work with me are not renewing due to changes in their working hours.

Must be significant changes as I thought most of our fans had work commitments that clashed with the swans but got round them by leaving early ;)
Login to get fewer ads

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 09:43 - Apr 5 with 697 viewsVetchitBack

The 8000 always surprised me.

In my circle of friends, family and acquaintances The Liberty (or certainly the Premier League Liberty) has put far more off than vice-versa.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 09:47 - Apr 5 with 688 viewsdgt73

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 13:55 - Apr 4 by Phil_S

I'm not sure there is a waiting list - I thought the 8000 related to the number of people who had indicated they would buy a season ticket in the stadium expansion survey?

Thats not to say that we couldnt have used this information to promote any spare STs that we may have but I dont think it was ever really a waiting list.

As chairman of the trust, wouldn't ST waiting lists have been discussed during trust meetings.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 10:06 - Apr 5 with 675 viewsItchySphincter

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 09:43 - Apr 5 by VetchitBack

The 8000 always surprised me.

In my circle of friends, family and acquaintances The Liberty (or certainly the Premier League Liberty) has put far more off than vice-versa.

We used to buy two 12 game books rather than a season ticket and it suited our needs perfectly. It's probably a bit of extra admin but I'd like to see those return. I would happily buy a couple as well as a ST so that my dad could take my boys or my mother if I or the wife couldn't go. As it is currently, I'd be looking for six ST's, knowing I couldn't make every game that is unlikely to be possible for a number of reasons. The only time all six of us have been together this season was for the Europas.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 10:51 - Apr 5 with 649 viewsjacksinceever

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 10:06 - Apr 5 by ItchySphincter

We used to buy two 12 game books rather than a season ticket and it suited our needs perfectly. It's probably a bit of extra admin but I'd like to see those return. I would happily buy a couple as well as a ST so that my dad could take my boys or my mother if I or the wife couldn't go. As it is currently, I'd be looking for six ST's, knowing I couldn't make every game that is unlikely to be possible for a number of reasons. The only time all six of us have been together this season was for the Europas.

I agree with this thinking. I have three St's. One is mine and I go to all the games I can, my youngster has a Child ST and I drag him along to most games, although there are times he'd be happy doing other things. The third ticket I use for family and friends whenever possible. If not then I sell on here on a match by match basis.
If I had one full ST for myself, and two half-season books for the other two seats, it would work much better for me.
Plus the club would have the opportunity to sell the other two seats for full value.
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 10:54 - Apr 5 with 647 viewsDyfnant

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 10:06 - Apr 5 by ItchySphincter

They were only ever around as the club were desperate for the cash upfront, we're in trouble if they're ever reintroduced

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 10:57 - Apr 5 with 640 viewsUxbridge

Problem is not a lot of room to manoeuvre with capacity as it is.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 11:00 - Apr 5 with 637 viewsIAN05

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 01:11 - Apr 5 by Dyfnant

Not sure how many we sold last year in honesty, so don't know if healthy or not. If we work on the loose assumption that we had 16,000 last year, that is still a renewal rate of around 87%.

Again, not sure how this compares with other clubs, but 87% retention figures in my line of work would be a figure worth celebrating.
So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 11:14 - Apr 5 with 631 viewsItchySphincter

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 10:54 - Apr 5 by Dyfnant

They were only ever around as the club were desperate for the cash upfront, we're in trouble if they're ever reintroduced

Maybe, don't see it though. Some people won't buy an ST because they know they can't make all the games. How does offering what is effectively half an ST signify we are in trouble? It would be perfect for my old man. Not arguing the point, genuine question?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 12:01 - Apr 5 with 613 viewsDyfnant

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 11:14 - Apr 5 by ItchySphincter

Maybe, don't see it though. Some people won't buy an ST because they know they can't make all the games. How does offering what is effectively half an ST signify we are in trouble? It would be perfect for my old man. Not arguing the point, genuine question?

Great for the fans/customer no doubt. If we increase capacity ever, then any sane business would link the less attractive games in with the 'biggies' ala the Leeds 3 gamer when we were league 1.
Plenty of people do and will continue to buy ST's knowing that they can't make all the games, that should be a far more desirable scenario to any business

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 12:52 - Apr 5 with 579 viewsScoobyWho

So Much for the Fabled "8000 ST Waiting List" on 17:13 - Apr 4 by jacksfullaces

To be fair I think there is some middle ground in this but getting carried away over this is something IM glad to see the board not doing. Sustainable growth may mean we have to accept we plateau for a while and create strategies that look to grow the club home and abroad. Haven't had to do much over the last 10 years as on the field success has assured growth and interest. Marketing and graft off the field may need to be upped to firstly keep what we have got and then grow incrementally. And in the mean time hope we don't get relegated!

A fair response, but the email does a actually ''invite' people to register an interest,i suppose its easy for us to wrongly interpret the club asking for an expression of interest.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024