Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction 21:18 - Apr 14 with 5162 viewsswancity

To defeat again on planetoverreact

The narrowest of defeats against a club challenging for the title and in the running to be champions of Europe in a game played with ten men for almost 80 minutes. Is enough to see the loss being the fault of;

The tea lady
Garry monk
David Ngog
Huw Jenkins
Lee Dineen
Michel vorm
Margin emnes

Are all football fans quick to completely over react to a loss? I'm not too sure. With four games to go I can see us finishing on at least 37 points and in 15 or 16 th place which is decent enough albeit not quite what we are used to. Ce la vie. Get on with it. Still punching above our weight.

Best of luck to Garry and the lads for the run in. Keep up the hard work and you will be rewarded. Positive things happen to positive people.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 23:26 - Apr 14 with 1410 viewsDrizzle

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 23:24 - Apr 14 by swancity

Falling apart?

There you go again. Wimbledon fell apart. Coventry fell apart. Portsmouth fell apart. We haven't, much to your disappointment no doubt.

What fking planet are you on. I was arguing on your side. You really are a dimwit.
Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 23:54 - Apr 14 with 1380 viewsFlipper

"Football is a passionate sport, if there isnt a bit of hysteria and overeaction we have become far too comfortable as supporters and thats why the liberty is more like a library these days, apathy has taken over passion. "

Were you there Sunday? I thought the support was exactly what any team would want from their fans. That was far from an apathetic crowd. Got behind the team. I'd have said it was intense support - from East, West and South.....

Wicked. Carter, bust out the gatling guns. I want to be revered as a god by teatime.

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 23:59 - Apr 14 with 1375 viewsDrizzle

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 23:54 - Apr 14 by Flipper

"Football is a passionate sport, if there isnt a bit of hysteria and overeaction we have become far too comfortable as supporters and thats why the liberty is more like a library these days, apathy has taken over passion. "

Were you there Sunday? I thought the support was exactly what any team would want from their fans. That was far from an apathetic crowd. Got behind the team. I'd have said it was intense support - from East, West and South.....

He doesn't go to games. He just talks like he does.
Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 00:11 - Apr 15 with 1353 viewsicecoldjack

Yes the support was fantastic against Chelsea, but that was the exception rather than the rule this season.

I was not there for the Chelsea game but am back home for Villa and Newcastle,i get to around 50% of games home and away but see them all on tv2, i work in another country and fly home for as many games as possible which aint cheap but hey ho thats the way it is .

lets hope our support is at the same level, my point is that our support hasnt been at the same heights it was a few seasons ago .

I dont think you could argue with that .
Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 00:38 - Apr 15 with 1334 viewsFlipper

I wasn't having a go. It was a serious question, honestly.

We are in a fight, and the team and the supporters did a pretty good job on Sunday, after we'd gone down to 10 men. Plenty of passion shown there, and put to good use.

And I take comfort from that fact. I'd like to see it produce points though, the same as everyone else.

Isn't the apochryphal Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times"?
Well, even the old bloke who sits next to me and usually just moans good naturedly about how shit Routledge is when he means DeGuzman (and vice versa) was cheering on the team and clapping along to "Gary Monks Barmy Army" on Sunday.

It's a sign, I tell you. Interesting times indeed.

Wicked. Carter, bust out the gatling guns. I want to be revered as a god by teatime.

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 00:54 - Apr 15 with 1320 viewsicecoldjack

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 00:38 - Apr 15 by Flipper

I wasn't having a go. It was a serious question, honestly.

We are in a fight, and the team and the supporters did a pretty good job on Sunday, after we'd gone down to 10 men. Plenty of passion shown there, and put to good use.

And I take comfort from that fact. I'd like to see it produce points though, the same as everyone else.

Isn't the apochryphal Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times"?
Well, even the old bloke who sits next to me and usually just moans good naturedly about how shit Routledge is when he means DeGuzman (and vice versa) was cheering on the team and clapping along to "Gary Monks Barmy Army" on Sunday.

It's a sign, I tell you. Interesting times indeed.

Im inspired by your confidence!

not for one moment did i think you were having a go ! id not thought about us being near relegation this season,i was confident in Laudrup to get the points when players returned fully fit,what has happened has been bit of a disaster !

I just prey we get over the line, it would be horrible to go down after a season that began with so much promise

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 02:48 - Apr 15 with 1294 viewskopperburgjack

Actually agree with original post.. apart from the "punching above our weight" business which I don't buy at all. This is where we are now, we are here to compete. Okay we used to be a small club etc, but so did nearly everyone else. Also we are a financially stable club with the funds to compete with over half of the league in terms of finances..

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 05:41 - Apr 15 with 1272 viewsJethroJack

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 02:48 - Apr 15 by kopperburgjack

Actually agree with original post.. apart from the "punching above our weight" business which I don't buy at all. This is where we are now, we are here to compete. Okay we used to be a small club etc, but so did nearly everyone else. Also we are a financially stable club with the funds to compete with over half of the league in terms of finances..

If rumours are to be believed, we ARE punching above our weight....during training at least
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 5:42]
Login to get fewer ads

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 06:14 - Apr 15 with 1264 viewsJohnw102

We were there as well. Croeso stand season ticket holder.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 11:49 - Apr 15 with 1210 viewsFlipper

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 06:14 - Apr 15 by Johnw102

We were there as well. Croeso stand season ticket holder.

Of course I should have said "That was far from an apathetic crowd. Got behind the team. I'd have said it was intense support - from East, West and South, and especially the Swans in the North Stand"

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 15:41 - Apr 15 with 1160 viewsswanny

I blame Amankwah

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 15:43 - Apr 15 with 1155 viewsperchrockjack

Its actually Overreaction to come up with the dewy eyed all is well crap .THAT is hysteria

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 16:32 - Apr 15 with 1128 viewsswancity

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 15:43 - Apr 15 by perchrockjack

Its actually Overreaction to come up with the dewy eyed all is well crap .THAT is hysteria

No-one is saying that all is well are they? But all isnt as bad as people like you are tring to imply. People like you who love it when things go wrong that is.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 17:01 - Apr 15 with 1119 viewsLeonisGod

Yes, all football fans are the same. But, couldn't agree more with your last sentence.
Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 18:44 - Apr 15 with 1101 viewsshingle

Only lost by one goal to Chelsea so no need to worry then, whoops i forgot that we lost by one goal to Wba, Hull, Cardiff, also can not beat the likes of Stoke, West Ham. Palace, Villa, but as you say we only lost by one to Chelsea so we`ll def be ok.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2014 18:45]
Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 07:42 - Aug 16 with 859 viewsDarran

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 22:02 - Apr 14 by icecoldjack

Nope because there is an urgency about our situation which many feel is simply not required , the "everything is gonna be ok" brigade is as equally annoying as the "we are all doomed " brigade .

The mentality of "massive overeaction to defeat" is part of the reason why the whole season has been one of apathy by club,players and support, thinking we are either too good to go down or we are little old swansea that dont deserve to be there anyway so dont worry about anything.

I actually think that our club is very sustainable in the premier league with correct management but we have hit the classic swansea trait of being the graveyard of ambition .

Hysteria and overeaction is sometimes required to shake the club out of its one way direction, no hysteria in losing to Chelsea from me but lets be honest the club is in a bit of shite and needs its passion back sharpish, that means people actually realising we are in a massive fight for survival.

Football is a passionate sport, if there isnt a bit of hysteria and overeaction we have become far too comfortable as supporters and thats why the liberty is more like a library these days, apathy has taken over passion.

Its fine being sensible about the situation i credit people for being that way,calm heads and all that but there is also nothing wrong with venting frustration and being peed off with what is happening to our club .

Far too many people being sensible and devoid of passion, we are Swansea not kick and clap Norwich/Reading.

Sorry if i sound a bit fed up with the OP its nothing personal i just feel that our club is being run like a fookin' shambles at the moment and no level headed keep calm bull is going to disguise that fact !

lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 08:06 - Aug 16 with 831 viewsDrizzle

Yet more hysteria and massive overreaction on 07:42 - Aug 16 by Darran

lol

Lulz
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024