Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
who`s been sent home? 23:35 - Apr 21 with 24562 viewsjackado

heard a rumor today that Garry Monk isnt happy with someone and has sent them home for the rest of the season but i dont know which player it is also same person was saying that Tiendalli has been in intensive care lately which would explain why he`s disapered all of a sudden from the bench
who`s been sent home? on 15:40 - Apr 26 with 2021 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

who`s been sent home? on 15:37 - Apr 26 by dailew

Forum village idiot strikes again.

The forum mute speaks !

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

who`s been sent home? on 15:50 - Apr 26 with 2015 viewsperchrockjack

15 all.. nice one dwight

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

who`s been sent home? (n/t) on 16:00 - Apr 26 with 1989 viewsclement

who`s been sent home? on 12:18 - Apr 25 by MagicDaps

I'd have thought those that doubted JJS would have been kept very quite at this stage of the season, I don't really see how anyone can doubt his ability. and he's shown how effective he can be in our system.

He's still only a young lad, if we're fortunate enough to keep hold of him for another couple of years I can see him being our star man and think if any Swansea City player will be called up for England it's going to be Shelvey.

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

who`s been sent home? on 16:18 - Apr 26 with 1971 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

who`s been sent home? on 15:50 - Apr 26 by perchrockjack

15 all.. nice one dwight

I think I could take him in straight sets.

who`s been sent home? on 16:21 - Apr 26 with 1972 viewsperchrockjack

I ll join you for doubles as musical has seen his arse y know. You really need to think before you post and not upset people with your opinions. I mean next thing we ll be having debates on here.FFS

who`s been sent home? on 16:35 - Apr 26 with 1963 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

who`s been sent home? on 16:21 - Apr 26 by perchrockjack

I ll join you for doubles as musical has seen his arse y know. You really need to think before you post and not upset people with your opinions. I mean next thing we ll be having debates on here.FFS

I tried to engineer a debate with my Shelvey comment a few days ago. It worked. I think I should be on the PlanetSwans payroll.

who`s been sent home? on 16:38 - Apr 26 with 1957 viewsperchrockjack

Engineering is finished in this country Dwight. Tsk

who`s been sent home? on 17:05 - Apr 26 with 1924 viewssomersetsimon

who`s been sent home? on 16:12 - Apr 23 by Spratty

Hopefully then no-one sent home - even Shelvey (who can make a real difference to a game but like many of our players sometimes works brilliantly, sometimes doesn't or, quite a lot recently, fades).

If Canas were not unhappy at being dropped then I would be surprised. Hopefully he and Poz can be included in the match day squad again sometime soon, as we cannot afford to waste our skill.

You state Canas source of leaks and training fights as a fact - what is your source (another leak - perhaps Canas ) he cannnot fight with himself.

Garry said leaks from someone outside the club. However there have been so many leaks in recent months, should look into them all and nail it down, rather than hold it up as an acceptable example in how to behave.

Fulton and Vasquez on the bench today instead of Poz and Canas...
Login to get fewer ads

who`s been sent home? on 04:50 - Apr 27 with 1805 viewsStarsky

who`s been sent home? on 20:21 - Apr 24 by Davillin

Regarding your last paragraph.

What if he IS giving everything he has? I don't like to post about Shelvey because I made the points I wanted to make and was blasted for it, but this mini-thread is irritating me.

He reminds me of the one player on every little kiddie team,toddler team, and pre-teenie team -- he's always the biggest and strongest on the team, so he always wants [and gets] the ball so he can do it all by himself, dribbling through the opposition and shooting or passing from a mille away. That works when a boy is wee, but there just comes a time when it's simply not good enough. By then it's too late.

There's a reason why he was sold off by a manager who plays "Swansea style." If he was good at it, we'd not have had him.

Try keeping track of his touches and how many of them end up with the opponents compared with those that don't. You'll be amazed if you haven't done it already.

And I couldn't care less about the down-arrows and insults that will follow. Deal with it.

Did you enjoy Shelvey's contribution & goal yesterday Dav?
I can understand why Shelvey divides opinion on here but credit where credits due, he was immense yesterday and is certainly young enough to have all his bad habits smoothed out.

It's just the internet, init.

who`s been sent home? on 06:45 - Apr 27 with 1762 viewsDr_Winston

who`s been sent home? on 04:50 - Apr 27 by Starsky

Did you enjoy Shelvey's contribution & goal yesterday Dav?
I can understand why Shelvey divides opinion on here but credit where credits due, he was immense yesterday and is certainly young enough to have all his bad habits smoothed out.

Shelvey is one of the most naturally gifted players I've seen in a Swans shirt. People wonder how Bodde would have got on in this division and in Shelvey I think we have the answer, both good and bad. Ferrie was capable of genius but also madness at the same time, and I see a lot of that in JJS.

Key to his development as a player will be if he can gradually reduce the brain farts he is occasionally prone to. If he can do that then there's no telling how good he can be.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

who`s been sent home? on 06:57 - Apr 27 with 1750 viewsdameedna

who`s been sent home? on 06:45 - Apr 27 by Dr_Winston

Shelvey is one of the most naturally gifted players I've seen in a Swans shirt. People wonder how Bodde would have got on in this division and in Shelvey I think we have the answer, both good and bad. Ferrie was capable of genius but also madness at the same time, and I see a lot of that in JJS.

Key to his development as a player will be if he can gradually reduce the brain farts he is occasionally prone to. If he can do that then there's no telling how good he can be.

There are 9 or 10 players in our team capable of brain farts particularly our defenders this season. I can only think of Leon as Mr Consistent and JDG will be the closest we get to a completely smooth player who can go a whole game and stay in control.

Shelvey is a very good player, Rodgers wanted the finished article and already has Gerrard. JJS can play anywhere across the park. Probably make a fine keeper too. Give him the ball and let him run the show. He has played a big part in keeping us up this season with the absence of Michu.
who`s been sent home? on 07:24 - Apr 27 with 1722 viewsWhiterockin

who`s been sent home? on 06:57 - Apr 27 by dameedna

There are 9 or 10 players in our team capable of brain farts particularly our defenders this season. I can only think of Leon as Mr Consistent and JDG will be the closest we get to a completely smooth player who can go a whole game and stay in control.

Shelvey is a very good player, Rodgers wanted the finished article and already has Gerrard. JJS can play anywhere across the park. Probably make a fine keeper too. Give him the ball and let him run the show. He has played a big part in keeping us up this season with the absence of Michu.

Leon made some howlers yesterday, on another day we would have got punished. But then again because it is Leon people overlook it.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

who`s been sent home? on 23:26 - May 1 with 1585 viewsLiberty

who`s been sent home? on 22:18 - Apr 22 by PozuelosSideys

Amat - Hes just turned 22 ffs. If you cant see how decent he is now with even more masses of potential, then pfft.

Williams - we can get better? Really? Some people dont know what theyve got 'til its gone.

Ben - Too much game time. Taylor should have seen more of it imo.

Chico - dull as a brush, but just as capable of putting in huge performances. Our best defender with the ball at his feet.

JJS - has become a regular starter. Definitely not a DMC though. Needs to be played higher up the pitch. Unfortunately Pablo and Michu are in his role there, possibly JDG as well who we badly need to spend a bit of cash on to keep.

Canas - meh.
Lita, Vasquez, Lamah are surplus. Arguably either Vorm needs to get sold or we need to replace the German with a new 1st choice.

This is too easy poz,

According to you Vorm needs to be sold, Ben overplayed........

It goes on and on. Ur far more negative about players than me.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

who`s been sent home? on 23:46 - May 1 with 1534 viewsPozuelosSideys

who`s been sent home? on 23:26 - May 1 by Liberty

This is too easy poz,

According to you Vorm needs to be sold, Ben overplayed........

It goes on and on. Ur far more negative about players than me.

Youre mental, son.

If im totally honest, out of all those, Canas is the one i dont think fits our style.

I can do this all night btw.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

who`s been sent home? on 23:49 - May 1 with 1523 viewsLiberty

who`s been sent home? on 23:46 - May 1 by PozuelosSideys

Youre mental, son.

If im totally honest, out of all those, Canas is the one i dont think fits our style.

I can do this all night btw.

Why sell Vorm then?

who`s been sent home? on 23:56 - May 1 with 1502 viewsPozuelosSideys

who`s been sent home? on 23:49 - May 1 by Liberty

Why sell Vorm then?

Because hes underperformed by his standards since hes come back from injury.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

who`s been sent home? on 00:03 - May 2 with 1487 viewsLiberty

who`s been sent home? on 23:56 - May 1 by PozuelosSideys

Because hes underperformed by his standards since hes come back from injury.

So you still think sell ?

Also you Jonjo is not a defensive midfielder . Do you think he has played badly in that position lately? Do you think Garry is playing him in wrong position?

who`s been sent home? on 00:08 - May 2 with 1475 viewsPozuelosSideys

who`s been sent home? on 00:03 - May 2 by Liberty

So you still think sell ?

Also you Jonjo is not a defensive midfielder . Do you think he has played badly in that position lately? Do you think Garry is playing him in wrong position?

I think Monk is getting the best out of Shelvey, that much is clear. Just as he is getting the best out of Hernandez and Bony as well as Routledge looking capable of being an international winger again.

My preference would be to keep Vorm, but bring in proper competition. Stekelenberg would be my choice if Fulham went down. Unlikely that we would have two of Hollands 3 GK's on our books though.

who`s been sent home? on 00:23 - May 2 with 1461 viewsLiberty

who`s been sent home? on 00:08 - May 2 by PozuelosSideys

I think Monk is getting the best out of Shelvey, that much is clear. Just as he is getting the best out of Hernandez and Bony as well as Routledge looking capable of being an international winger again.

My preference would be to keep Vorm, but bring in proper competition. Stekelenberg would be my choice if Fulham went down. Unlikely that we would have two of Hollands 3 GK's on our books though.

10 days ago, you said you would sell or replace Vorm. You also said Jonjo is no defensive mid, which is where Garry plays him and now you say he is getting best out of him , sorry if I seem confused by your post last week and what you say now.

Its all opinions, I obviously come across to some as negative or you wouldn't have posted what you did, but in the big scheme of things I am not.

People get swayed because every post i make gets down arrowed by jf when he is awake and not in school, 80% of Raynors posts are just critical of me, just because its me. Dont let it cloud every post I make. Carry on though.
[Post edited 2 May 2014 1:34]

who`s been sent home? on 08:45 - May 2 with 1323 viewsJackSomething

who`s been sent home? on 00:23 - May 2 by Liberty

10 days ago, you said you would sell or replace Vorm. You also said Jonjo is no defensive mid, which is where Garry plays him and now you say he is getting best out of him , sorry if I seem confused by your post last week and what you say now.

Its all opinions, I obviously come across to some as negative or you wouldn't have posted what you did, but in the big scheme of things I am not.

People get swayed because every post i make gets down arrowed by jf when he is awake and not in school, 80% of Raynors posts are just critical of me, just because its me. Dont let it cloud every post I make. Carry on though.
[Post edited 2 May 2014 1:34]

I wouldn't say Shelvey has been playing defensive midfield at all. He's been playing more of a fluid role between Britton and Hernandez. He was up and down that pitch far more last Saturday than a defensive midfielder would be. Not many defensive midfielders contribute a goal and three assists in a game.

Saying he's been playing defensive midfield for us is like saying Yaya Toure plays there for Man City or Ramires for Chelsea, it doesn't tell the whole story.

Don't mean to get in the way of this argument, just disagree on this one point.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024