Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rodney Marsh 18:00 - May 6 with 3510 viewsWestonsuperR

Having just listened to the Fans Forum and the latest Podcast, both with Rodney, it has only added to my opinion that Marsh may be a QPR legend but he's also a bit of a 'loud mouth' who loves the sound of his own voice but actually has very little substance to any argument he puts across.

If you listen back to most points made and analyse what he says it often doesn't make sense and you get the impression that he feels if he is loud and confident enough people will listen without questioning what he is actually saying.

I was disappointed he was invited onto both panels as some of the other guests were very good (Gallen for example on the Podcast).
Rodney Marsh on 08:29 - May 7 with 738 viewsmorgantwin

Rodney Marsh on 08:03 - May 7 by BrianMcCarthy

I tend not to like 'controversial characters' or loud people some to that, so Rodney's never been my cup of tea. As a relatively young man (25?) I disagreed with him over the Thompson affair. I didn't blame him for the Director of Football debacle, which I thought was naive rather than calculated on his part. But I disagreed with him over his public comments defending the Thompsons when we met, as I felt that he couldn't possibly have believed his public utterences, and that he was therefore in murky water.

Since then, I have felt that he has put his persona and his punditry career before Rangers, but it doesn't disappoint me. After all, Rangers are only an ex-employer to him, and I wouldn't expect him to be as maniacally defensive of our club as we are.

Ted is bang on the money. He should be revered for what he did on the pitch and his part in transforming our club. What came after should never chage that.

I'm looking forwad to the podcasts.

i think if you go back to the early 60s brentford fans used to say so many bad things about our ground
and in truth if you were sitting under the ellerslie road or standing under the loft,the ball would hit the roof and rust would fall down and go into your collar so you had to take your shirt off and shake all the rust out of it
so when we went to griffin park there ground looked so cute and held 40 thousand,even when les allen came he was 33 years of age,and his career was almost over
but rodney marsh was only 21 years of age when he arrived at loftus road,he was the boy wonder
his elegance on the field was shocking his ability to get the ball from the half way line and dribble through the whole team was just amazing
RODNEY MARSH WAS QUEENS PARK RANGERS,and he was for m,y money the greatest ever player to put on a qpr shirt
in his first full season 44 goals he scored including fireing us to wembley for our one and only major trophy
he was also our only england international for almost one hundred years,he was the only player in our history that the whole ground would sing his name
he will never be betterd,he may never be equalled

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

Rodney Marsh on 08:55 - May 7 with 717 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rodney Marsh on 08:29 - May 7 by morgantwin

i think if you go back to the early 60s brentford fans used to say so many bad things about our ground
and in truth if you were sitting under the ellerslie road or standing under the loft,the ball would hit the roof and rust would fall down and go into your collar so you had to take your shirt off and shake all the rust out of it
so when we went to griffin park there ground looked so cute and held 40 thousand,even when les allen came he was 33 years of age,and his career was almost over
but rodney marsh was only 21 years of age when he arrived at loftus road,he was the boy wonder
his elegance on the field was shocking his ability to get the ball from the half way line and dribble through the whole team was just amazing
RODNEY MARSH WAS QUEENS PARK RANGERS,and he was for m,y money the greatest ever player to put on a qpr shirt
in his first full season 44 goals he scored including fireing us to wembley for our one and only major trophy
he was also our only england international for almost one hundred years,he was the only player in our history that the whole ground would sing his name
he will never be betterd,he may never be equalled

Nice post, but a couple of polite corrections:-

"he was also our only england international for almost one hundred years," - Evelyn Lintott

"he was the only player in our history that the whole ground would sing his name" - John Terry

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rodney Marsh on 09:32 - May 7 with 691 viewsTheBlob

Agree with a lot of what's been said.The best player in a Rangers shirt I ever saw,if he hadn't been a cheeky irascble rogue he wouldn't have attempted some of the things he achieved.They've bred all those characteristics out of society now and we'll never see his like again.
Who else but Rodders would have nearly filled LR at a reserve match when he'd come back after injury?Queues down to the chip shop and all down Loftus.
Only geezer I had a poster of as a young'un.Never met him,don't really want to,as has been said touching gods just makes them mortal.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Rodney Marsh on 12:32 - May 7 with 645 viewsmorgantwin

Rodney Marsh on 09:32 - May 7 by TheBlob

Agree with a lot of what's been said.The best player in a Rangers shirt I ever saw,if he hadn't been a cheeky irascble rogue he wouldn't have attempted some of the things he achieved.They've bred all those characteristics out of society now and we'll never see his like again.
Who else but Rodders would have nearly filled LR at a reserve match when he'd come back after injury?Queues down to the chip shop and all down Loftus.
Only geezer I had a poster of as a young'un.Never met him,don't really want to,as has been said touching gods just makes them mortal.

it wasnt just marsh the most skillfull player we ever had hes did amazing things he once pushed a ref over into a great big muddy puddle when the ref jumped up and attempted to send marsh off
rodney broke out in such a loud laugh that the ref also saw the funny side of it and just let marsh get away with it;only a god could have done that
the only time i ever saw marsh well and trully shackled is when chopper harris of chelsea kicked him all over the place
but yes i was at the southend game to see marsh return and got my program autograughed
and what did he do he flew into a rage and punched a player to the ground then in a way that only rodney could he once more convinced the ref he was sorry and som,ehow stayed on the pitch,one of my all time greatest feats was to stand next to marsh at the mike keen testimonial,that was one of my greatest days

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024