Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold 16:33 - May 14 with 23845 viewsTrom

Tickets moving fast according to the box office/ticket master.

All the blocks in the 200s have only single tickets left.

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 10:28 - May 15 with 2879 viewsSpiritofGregory

If you are going to give a member two extra tickets, why not let them buy the tickets on the same day so families/friends have more of a chance of sitting next to each other.

Same goes for Season ticket holders. Get the whole thing over and done with quickly so that those without memebership and a ST know where they stand asap.

I can only think that it's down to greed in that they will receive more money in booking fees and telephone calls because members and ST holders will have to ring up a 2nd/3rd time which explains the lack of activity at the box office. I notice that there has not been any announcement on possible/projected individual allocation once the tickets are on general sale.

There needs to be a balance in relation to the policy because the greedy approach might result in fans watching it on Sky. These events tend to be a group activity, not many people will want to sit on their own.
As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 10:31 - May 15 with 2864 viewsbillericaydicky

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 10:17 - May 15 by gordanoR

Up until 5 minutes ago I had no intention of going but my mate reckons he can get me a ticket tomorrow or Saturday.

With my wife begin pregnant with twins the responsible side of me says don't do it but I really want to be there now. My in-laws, despite their faults, have offered to be on call on the 24th whilst I watched the game in the village pub so would there be much difference in me begin at Wembley instead?

Technically the twins are due at the end of June but my wife is booked in for an elective c-section on the 28th May.

Oh dear, what to do....

No difference at all and you have a chance to be famous with a tannoy announcement that your wife has gone into labour (ok I know she's having a c section)/has given birth, etc..

And how often is it that Rangers get to Wembley? - you can have kids anytime you want...;-)

Come on, lets be havin' you...
As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 10:34 - May 15 with 2835 viewsgordanoR

All good points.

Give that QPR have been part of my life for 20+ years & the Mrs only 11 it's an easy decision. I may not use that as part of my case though.
As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 10:42 - May 15 with 2783 viewsstowmarketrange

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 10:34 - May 15 by gordanoR

All good points.

Give that QPR have been part of my life for 20+ years & the Mrs only 11 it's an easy decision. I may not use that as part of my case though.

Why not?i do all the time.Mind you,we have been married 21 years,and I've started on my 4th mirror now.
As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 10:43 - May 15 with 2777 viewselnombre

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 10:31 - May 15 by billericaydicky

No difference at all and you have a chance to be famous with a tannoy announcement that your wife has gone into labour (ok I know she's having a c section)/has given birth, etc..

And how often is it that Rangers get to Wembley? - you can have kids anytime you want...;-)

Come on, lets be havin' you...

Exactly!

My Mum got remarried on the day of the Spurs cup final. She said I'd just have to video it and watch it later.

Glad I did - the flowers, the confetti flying, the cutting of the cake, I have to say that as wedding videos go, the cameraman did a lovely job.
As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 10:44 - May 15 with 2773 viewsbillericaydicky

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 10:34 - May 15 by gordanoR

All good points.

Valid reason too - not a good idea to use this in your case and neither mention the classic ' you can change your wife/girlfriend, but never your Football team' .

And think of the stories in years to come ' guess where I was when your mother was in labour... that's why you both support Rangers...'

Risk Warning - you may never be forgiven, you may miss your twins being born and never have this opportunity again, QPR may of course lose, it will always be brought up in future arguments, etc...
As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 10:45 - May 15 with 2768 viewsdanehoop

At the moment I am on the horns of a dilema. I am on a work trip to the far east from Sunday and I am scheduled to return late Saturday morning. I could in theory make it, but :
a. It will be tight
b. I will be shattered as its a fairly heavy trip with nultiple destinations over a week.
c. Wife will have been at home with 2 autistic boys all week and will be expecting a break.
d. I have last lecture for an OU course I am studying on Saturday, just over a week from the exam.

Do I?
a. Just go and damn the consequences (quite possibly falling asleep before the game starts.
b. Try and rebook the trip to come back a day early (but will still be jet lagged, required to take pressure back of the wife and will have to go into work on the Friday).
c. Go to the lecture, after 8 months work I cant afford to blow it at this point.
d. Accept fate and try and watch it (if I am still awake) on TV. and pretend that its almost as good as being there.

Never knowingly understood

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 10:58 - May 15 with 2721 viewstoboboly

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 10:45 - May 15 by danehoop

At the moment I am on the horns of a dilema. I am on a work trip to the far east from Sunday and I am scheduled to return late Saturday morning. I could in theory make it, but :
a. It will be tight
b. I will be shattered as its a fairly heavy trip with nultiple destinations over a week.
c. Wife will have been at home with 2 autistic boys all week and will be expecting a break.
d. I have last lecture for an OU course I am studying on Saturday, just over a week from the exam.

Do I?
a. Just go and damn the consequences (quite possibly falling asleep before the game starts.
b. Try and rebook the trip to come back a day early (but will still be jet lagged, required to take pressure back of the wife and will have to go into work on the Friday).
c. Go to the lecture, after 8 months work I cant afford to blow it at this point.
d. Accept fate and try and watch it (if I am still awake) on TV. and pretend that its almost as good as being there.

A or B.

No other options are available.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 11:00 - May 15 with 2718 viewsYorkRanger

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 21:15 - May 14 by smegma

Wrong. I bought £76 tickets in Club Wembley, blocks 201-223 are CW

Smegma, not doubting you, but I know Club Wembley has a policy of non-segregation and also no club shirts are allowed to be worn.

I have tickets in Club Wembley and will be sat next to people I know who support Derby. You can guess that if people are sold seats in this area without understanding the "principles" adopted in that part of Wembley then all he'll could let loose.

I'm just stating my understanding of the position. I'll see if I can find anything out.

Rgds
As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 11:02 - May 15 with 2707 viewsbillericaydicky

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 10:58 - May 15 by toboboly

A or B.

No other options are available.

Agree - A or B only viable options. I'd go for B personally.

F**k me I'm turning into Clare Rayner...;-)
As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 11:05 - May 15 with 2696 viewsMaggsinho

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 11:02 - May 15 by billericaydicky

Agree - A or B only viable options. I'd go for B personally.

F**k me I'm turning into Clare Rayner...;-)

Yep, I'd for B if it was me.
As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 11:40 - May 15 with 2597 viewsMrNITK

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 11:00 - May 15 by YorkRanger

Smegma, not doubting you, but I know Club Wembley has a policy of non-segregation and also no club shirts are allowed to be worn.

I have tickets in Club Wembley and will be sat next to people I know who support Derby. You can guess that if people are sold seats in this area without understanding the "principles" adopted in that part of Wembley then all he'll could let loose.

I'm just stating my understanding of the position. I'll see if I can find anything out.

Rgds

I have also heard this. My brother is friends with a Palace fan who is a club Wembley member he obviously went to last years final. From what he's been told a club Wembley member can buy however many tickets in that area. No colours are allowed in and the atmosphere isn't as great. When I helped my mate book yesterday when you clicked on club Wembley block it wouldn't allow you to book in that area (not that he wanted to), so I'm assuming you can only get in that area if you know someone. Club Wembley members can buy as of 9am today. Not sure how accurate this is though.

I'm wanting to buy 7 tickets but I'm risking waiting till tomorrow as were all members and the atmosphere is more important to all of us. Hopefully we'll get seats together!
As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 11:49 - May 15 with 2546 viewsIrishR

Go A unless its feasible to come back early. Im sure your wife will understand the importance of the game no? You can commit to minding the kids until August then at least. You will not be shattered once you hit Wembley, adrenaline will be high and keep you going.
As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 11:58 - May 15 with 2496 viewsMichael_Hunt

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 11:40 - May 15 by MrNITK

I have also heard this. My brother is friends with a Palace fan who is a club Wembley member he obviously went to last years final. From what he's been told a club Wembley member can buy however many tickets in that area. No colours are allowed in and the atmosphere isn't as great. When I helped my mate book yesterday when you clicked on club Wembley block it wouldn't allow you to book in that area (not that he wanted to), so I'm assuming you can only get in that area if you know someone. Club Wembley members can buy as of 9am today. Not sure how accurate this is though.

I'm wanting to buy 7 tickets but I'm risking waiting till tomorrow as were all members and the atmosphere is more important to all of us. Hopefully we'll get seats together!

Sorry, but I think that there's confusion reigning regarding "Club Wembley".

The middle tier is all "Club Wembley" level but for this game approximately 2/3 have been given over to QPR & Derby (1/3 each) with the other 1/3 being held back for "neutrals" (the blocks on the NE/N/NW sides).

It's those blocks that will probably require a "dress code" not the others on Level 2.
As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 12:00 - May 15 with 2486 viewsizlingtonhoop

Life is hard innit?

Back in the Autumn I booked with some work colleagues to take part in a charity hike from London to Brighton, and have been training hard since the new year.

I tried to explain to my colleagues that I would be in a dilemma if we got through and it would be a tough choice. They didn't really understand this, "you're doing this, there's no dilemma, we've trained, you're committed."

The moment Charlie put away Bobby's cross, there became no choice at all. My name has been mud for a couple of days with the walkers but they're almost over it. All the football fans here don't understand what the fuss is about. "Wembley = no-brainer".

After 28 years I have absolutely no choice. And I'm becoming increasingly excited, by the hour.

You Rrrrrrrrs!
As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 12:01 - May 15 with 2480 views18StoneOfHoop

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Ticketless non-season ticket holders and non members..
GO TO FULL SCALE PANIC MODE IMMEDIATELY!

A QPR Security man - Mr J Lewis - told me in person an hour again outside HQ Box Office that it is very unlikely that any tickets will go on General Sale on the 19th May for all will be sold out.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

I been in 1982 (x2) 1986 (we turned up,team didn't) ,2003 (Cardiff) + 10 games this season and I live 10 mins from HQ..
HOW ON EARTH DID I MANAGE TO FOOK THIS UP??!!!

Sh IT, Fook, B'staad, Count, Arse, P rick, CoQ, wan k

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 12:05 - May 15 with 2452 viewsthame_hoops

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 12:01 - May 15 by 18StoneOfHoop

A QPR Security man - Mr J Lewis - told me in person an hour again outside HQ Box Office that it is very unlikely that any tickets will go on General Sale on the 19th May for all will be sold out.

I been in 1982 (x2) 1986 (we turned up,team didn't) ,2003 (Cardiff) + 10 games this season and I live 10 mins from HQ..

Just by looking at season ticket and member numbers it was quite clear that none would make general sale unfortunately
As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 12:27 - May 15 with 2362 viewsmikeygunn

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 12:01 - May 15 by 18StoneOfHoop

oh balls.
As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 12:28 - May 15 with 2347 viewsMrNITK

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 11:58 - May 15 by Michael_Hunt

Sorry, but I think that there's confusion reigning regarding "Club Wembley".

The middle tier is all "Club Wembley" level but for this game approximately 2/3 have been given over to QPR & Derby (1/3 each) with the other 1/3 being held back for "neutrals" (the blocks on the NE/N/NW sides).

It's those blocks that will probably require a "dress code" not the others on Level 2.

Thanks, that helps. Unfortunately I'll still have to wait for tomorrow as I'm being offered them in the dress code area. So f@ck that! At least I know what's what for tomorrow!
As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 12:47 - May 15 with 2232 viewssimmo

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 12:05 - May 15 by thame_hoops

Just by looking at season ticket and member numbers it was quite clear that none would make general sale unfortunately

Exactly, so the club is relying on season ticket holders and members to help out the friends/fans they know of that don't have either. We all know 10-20 (maybe more) QPR fans that would want to go and would deserve a ticket, our crew has already sorted out 10 yesterday. Mel mentioned how he could sell 50 to fans that deserve it etc.

If you didn't get a membership for some reason, I am sure you know a ST or Member that can help you out when it comes to the last few phases.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 12:52 - May 15 with 2192 viewsstowmarketrange

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 12:47 - May 15 by simmo

Exactly, so the club is relying on season ticket holders and members to help out the friends/fans they know of that don't have either. We all know 10-20 (maybe more) QPR fans that would want to go and would deserve a ticket, our crew has already sorted out 10 yesterday. Mel mentioned how he could sell 50 to fans that deserve it etc.

If you didn't get a membership for some reason, I am sure you know a ST or Member that can help you out when it comes to the last few phases.

Unfortunately some people seem to put making a profit before helping out their fellow supporters.
I think that anyone who sells their tickets on these touting agencies are c* nts of the highest order and should be named and shamed.
As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 12:53 - May 15 with 2187 viewsrunningman75

Surely it is rare for Wembley to sell out for a play off final. I presume as they have all those corporate tickets many who will not attend this denies the opportunity for real fans to get tickets.
As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 12:56 - May 15 with 2158 viewssimmo

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 12:53 - May 15 by runningman75

Surely it is rare for Wembley to sell out for a play off final. I presume as they have all those corporate tickets many who will not attend this denies the opportunity for real fans to get tickets.

We are better off here than if it was the FA Cup final. I only know 1 of my Arsenal mates that managed to get a ticket and he had to pay over £200 for each one...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 12:59 - May 15 with 2119 viewshoops_legend

So I am a member, my wife is not. How would I bets go about getting us seats next to eachother? Buy one on fri and hope one is available next to it on sat? or wait to sunday and I can then buy them together?

This is as clear as mud!
As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 12:59 - May 15 with 2117 viewspaulparker

As of 3pm 18,000 tickets sold on 12:56 - May 15 by simmo

We are better off here than if it was the FA Cup final. I only know 1 of my Arsenal mates that managed to get a ticket and he had to pay over £200 for each one...

True, FA cup allocations are scandalous
still think there will be tickets available for General sale probably around 3k

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024