Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Help with a Barry Banner 11:09 - May 19 with 2277 viewsQPunkR

In the spirit of things I'm making a banner to haul up to Wemberley on Sat. However, I dunno what to do it on. I was thinking of buying a white bedsheet (double, not single, obvs) as it shouldn't be hard to find one.
But has anyone got any better ideas? The material's not ideal...
Also, seeing as I'm not a woman - where's the best place to buy a cheap bedsheet?

Cheers!

QPR - "shit but local"

Help with a Barry Banner on 11:14 - May 19 with 2250 viewsonlyrinmoray

Dont think you will beat the " are you watching vauxhall motors " from the cardiff final but best of luck
Help with a Barry Banner on 11:15 - May 19 with 2247 viewssimmo

Don't.

Get it done properly or not at all. Drawing on a bedsheet in felt tip is never cool. There's a company offering proper banners at cost on Twitter, I think the club re-tweeted the link a few days ago.
[Post edited 19 May 2014 11:16]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Help with a Barry Banner on 11:19 - May 19 with 2227 viewsQPunkR

Nah I'm gonna stencil up and use my spraypaints. It'll look nuff wicked (the kids still say that, right?)

I do a lot of stencilling and that in my spare time, it's not gonna be like any of those Chelscum toddler-poo A4 signs. Only thing is I gotsta find the best medium on which to spray.

QPR - "shit but local"

Help with a Barry Banner on 11:24 - May 19 with 2211 viewswillis1980

Help with a Barry Banner on 11:19 - May 19 by QPunkR

Nah I'm gonna stencil up and use my spraypaints. It'll look nuff wicked (the kids still say that, right?)

I do a lot of stencilling and that in my spare time, it's not gonna be like any of those Chelscum toddler-poo A4 signs. Only thing is I gotsta find the best medium on which to spray.

you could quite easily liberate a vinyl sign outside a supermarket like asda (all you need is a pair of scissors), then spray on the rear of it which is usually white.
Help with a Barry Banner on 11:26 - May 19 with 2194 viewstoboboly

Please spell check everything, that one at Reading when we went down was awful.

Bed sheets wise Primark? I was always shocked when the ex took me shopping for crap like that and I saw the prices.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Help with a Barry Banner on 11:30 - May 19 with 2176 viewsJamie

Possession of a hand made banner should result in automatic revoking of match tickets.

ATAF.
Help with a Barry Banner on 11:34 - May 19 with 2163 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Here's free advice:-

When we went to Sweden in the early 90's for the pre-seasons I made the best banner known to humanity. A superb QPR badge in white on a brilliant blue background, about 9 foot by 4. They still talk about in Sweden. People who claim to have seen it first-hand get bought drinks in pubs in the hope they would share the wisdom that could be gained just by looking at it.

When we got home, I brought it to the Cov match. It rained. Afterwards, I trudged down to collect it and found a blank blue sheet where my masterpiece had previously been.

Use waterproof paint.

If you need a blue sheet, there's one hanging from a rail in Coventry.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Help with a Barry Banner on 11:39 - May 19 with 2130 viewsQPunkR

Help with a Barry Banner on 11:26 - May 19 by toboboly

Please spell check everything, that one at Reading when we went down was awful.

Bed sheets wise Primark? I was always shocked when the ex took me shopping for crap like that and I saw the prices.

Yeah I saw that one. It made me sad.

I'll be waterproofing it as I do my T-shirts. Hopefully won't be necessary as God should be watching the game and therefore I'm comfortably predicting 30+ degrees.

It's just gonna be simple, blue and white hoops with McDonald and 5 in the centre. My own tribute to the great man in a way.

QPR - "shit but local"

Login to get fewer ads

Help with a Barry Banner on 11:45 - May 19 with 2103 viewsGetMeRangers

Have a look @rolymay on Twitter :)
Help with a Barry Banner on 11:55 - May 19 with 2064 viewsQPunkR

Help with a Barry Banner on 11:45 - May 19 by GetMeRangers

Have a look @rolymay on Twitter :)

Some nice stuff there. No doubt he'll get a lot of grief over having Tarbs on a coupla the banners though

QPR - "shit but local"

Help with a Barry Banner on 12:11 - May 19 with 2029 viewsGetMeRangers

Help with a Barry Banner on 11:55 - May 19 by QPunkR

Some nice stuff there. No doubt he'll get a lot of grief over having Tarbs on a coupla the banners though

NOT FROM ME! I dont care where he plays, he gave me some of the most magical moments I have ever seen from player in hoops. So hard to pick a fav. What he did to Cardiff alone was superb and think the first goal in this game, is hard to beat

However, his goal at home was the first time my eldest boy had ever seen QPR win... fairly amazing given the season we were having! His first ever was Celtic at home (he missed the goal as he was on my knee crying because Jude had run off down the tunnel after half time and didnt say hello to him!). His second game was Posh away... we couldnt possibly lose

Six games later and finally seen us draw (against Norwich, as well a being the first goal he had seen us score)! I did say to him after Adel's beaut, he copuld be witnessing his first ever QPR win....

" I dont care, this is the best game of football I have ever seen"

How to make a father proud ( and useful given who he supports!)
Help with a Barry Banner on 12:39 - May 19 with 1975 viewsQPunkR

Help with a Barry Banner on 11:34 - May 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Here's free advice:-

When we went to Sweden in the early 90's for the pre-seasons I made the best banner known to humanity. A superb QPR badge in white on a brilliant blue background, about 9 foot by 4. They still talk about in Sweden. People who claim to have seen it first-hand get bought drinks in pubs in the hope they would share the wisdom that could be gained just by looking at it.

When we got home, I brought it to the Cov match. It rained. Afterwards, I trudged down to collect it and found a blank blue sheet where my masterpiece had previously been.

Use waterproof paint.

If you need a blue sheet, there's one hanging from a rail in Coventry.

Ha ha, nice one!
This fleeting life was not meant for one as beautiful as that banner, obviously!

QPR - "shit but local"

Help with a Barry Banner on 15:13 - May 19 with 1825 viewsdermyqpr

.....prefer fat girls myself

Coat
Help with a Barry Banner on 15:46 - May 19 with 1769 viewsJuzzie

My advice would be;

Get the spacing right.... having all the lettering bunched up tightly at the right as you've run out of room looks horrible

Use proper spelling and grammar. All this modern social network stuff is bollox and looks childish, IMO. That flag at Reading last year was awful, however well intended.

Make the letters bold, really bold. Using a felt tip pen looks great from 5ft away, from halfway across the stadium you won't see it. Look at football advertising hoardings, they all use bold fat lettering.

Forget hashtags, they are fking awful #inmyopinion
Help with a Barry Banner on 18:56 - May 19 with 1658 viewsSonofNorfolt

You are also assuming they let you in with it.
My 16' x 8' is deemed too big.
Help with a Barry Banner on 20:33 - May 19 with 1593 viewsLblock

Help with a Barry Banner on 18:56 - May 19 by SonofNorfolt

You are also assuming they let you in with it.
My 16' x 8' is deemed too big.

It's not the size it's what you do with it.

At least I've lived my life hoping that mantra was true whilst knowing every page of the Karma Sutra by heart

On more serious matters - will we get uninfected inflatables in?
Just where is the FA's guidance on such matters?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Help with a Barry Banner on 21:03 - May 19 with 1529 viewsPommyhoop

All the advice above plus one from me. Use a large flat surface to spread out banner for painting.The front room carpet is ideal.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Help with a Barry Banner on 21:18 - May 19 with 1509 viewsGetMeRangers

Help with a Barry Banner on 20:33 - May 19 by Lblock

It's not the size it's what you do with it.

At least I've lived my life hoping that mantra was true whilst knowing every page of the Karma Sutra by heart

On more serious matters - will we get uninfected inflatables in?
Just where is the FA's guidance on such matters?

Thanks to Juzzie :)

Help with a Barry Banner on 21:23 - May 19 with 1495 viewsLblock

Help with a Barry Banner on 21:18 - May 19 by GetMeRangers

Thanks to Juzzie :)

I did toy with the idea of that one a couple of seasons ago but opted for the Jamie Mackie banner which is now totally defunct.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Help with a Barry Banner on 21:45 - May 19 with 1472 viewsOldhamR

If you happen to know a friendly nurse ( insert puns here) or a local ambulance crew I'm fairly sure the nhs would be more than happy to donate a large white sheet.
Help with a Barry Banner on 22:28 - May 19 with 1433 viewsconnell10

ive got a large white shite if thats any help! i think the neighbours dog shite on me drive a few weeks ago!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024