Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who was better in their first season? 09:55 - May 20 with 3038 viewsRyan

Loughor Jack
Poll: Who was better in their first season?

Who was better in their first season? on 13:19 - May 20 with 2921 viewsMrSwansea

But....If Bony played like he did in the last 6 months for the whole season then Bony would be the choice!

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

Who was better in their first season? on 13:57 - May 20 with 2863 viewsicecoldjack

Michu was just a sensation ,came from nowhere and totally blew every other attacking midfielder clean away,he did have form in la liga in fairness but for 2 m quid it would be him IMO .

Bony came as a golden boot winner from holland and a fee that demanded he scored goals,bony also had a few games where he wasn't quite at the races, I agree if his first few months were as good as his last few then perhaps bony but just watching the you tube of michu..well, one of the best seasons any player anywhere in the world has ever had,and won a cup and got us euro football.

Michu wins for me.

I wonder if we will ever see the two of them play together ,it could be quite an unbelievable partnership,alas I think we will never see it.

The word legend is overused greatly but I don't think anyone would be grudge that title to michu for all he did in one season,that's if stories are true and he is struggling to get his fitness and future back on track.

Loves michu and bony, like picking your favorite child init?
Who was better in their first season? on 13:20 - May 23 with 2539 viewsFrankyBurrowsTash

Michu was amazing first season.
Even more so considering his cost.
Bony is Good and I like him but I don't think he suits the style of play that your noted for.

What's the Deal with Michu's injury anyhow?
Had he continued the vein of form into the second campaign he would've been picked up by a bigger club in my opinion.

Perhaps the lay off will do him and you good going into next season?
Who was better in their first season? on 14:14 - May 23 with 2486 viewsPhil_S

I'[m not really sure Michu 'came from nowehere' considering he was the top scoring midfielder in Spain and was attracting interest (although no movement) from other clubs in this country.

He played well in a side that was playing well generally and scored plenty and was cheaper than Wilf

However, given the fact that Wilf scored 25 and led the line in a long hard season and repaid much more than many gave him the credit he could do then he wins this vote for me by a country mile no matter how much I loved watching Michu in his first season here
Who was better in their first season? on 14:15 - May 23 with 2480 viewsPhil_S

Who was better in their first season? on 13:20 - May 23 by FrankyBurrowsTash

Michu was amazing first season.
Even more so considering his cost.
Bony is Good and I like him but I don't think he suits the style of play that your noted for.

What's the Deal with Michu's injury anyhow?
Had he continued the vein of form into the second campaign he would've been picked up by a bigger club in my opinion.

Perhaps the lay off will do him and you good going into next season?

IMO Michu will not be here next season so you will never find out

And Bony doesn't suit our style of play? How many could someone who does score then?
Who was better in their first season? on 14:30 - May 23 with 2448 viewswaynekerr55

Who was better in their first season? on 14:15 - May 23 by Phil_S

And Bony doesn't suit our style of play? How many could someone who does score then?

"IMO Michu will not be here next season"

All hail Sumbler the new FANS LEADER

When do you start writing articles for Wales Online Phil?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Who was better in their first season? on 14:34 - May 23 with 2445 viewsJackSomething

Who was better in their first season? on 14:15 - May 23 by Phil_S

Typical lazy comment from a fan of another team. Bony is exactly the kind of striker you want in a system like ours. He's strong and able to hold the ball up, great at little interchanges on the edge of the area, great header, cannon of a shot...

Plus Bony scored goals against Valencia, Man United, Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton.

I'm with Phil on this and surprised at the amount voting for Michu. Bony has scored more goals in a team struggling for most of the season, while Michu was a big part of a team that was playing very well.

Had we won more games this season, I'm confident the vote would be more split. Final point for me in Bony's favour: take Michu out of the team last season and we would have finished lower in the league and maybe not won the League Cup. Take Bony out of the team this season and we would have been relegated.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Who was better in their first season? on 16:01 - May 23 with 2365 viewsDanielswan

Comparing everything from price to skill, Michu without any doubt. Michu didnt need time, his first two games were amazing ...QPR and West Ham I believe without looking. I was like blown away by his workrate. Thats always what stood out in his playstyle, the guy just doesnt give up .... regardless.

I have said this many times, he would make one heck of a captain.

PS. Please dont forget that we won the capital cup due to Michu believing in every ball.
[Post edited 23 May 2014 16:07]

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Login to get fewer ads

Who was better in their first season? on 16:19 - May 23 with 2331 viewsPhil_S

Who was better in their first season? on 16:01 - May 23 by Danielswan

Comparing everything from price to skill, Michu without any doubt. Michu didnt need time, his first two games were amazing ...QPR and West Ham I believe without looking. I was like blown away by his workrate. Thats always what stood out in his playstyle, the guy just doesnt give up .... regardless.

PS. Please dont forget that we won the capital cup due to Michu believing in every ball.

Michu as a captain? That's a joke yes?

And we won the Capital One cup because we were a very good team not because of one person

Take the fanboy eyes off for a second?
Who was better in their first season? on 16:36 - May 23 with 2285 viewsJackSomething

Who was better in their first season? on 16:01 - May 23 by Danielswan

Bony's first two games, he scored 2 against Malmo and scored off the bench against Man United.

The team was undoubtedly better against West Ham and QPR than they were against Malmo and Man United. Was Michu better than Bony in the equivalent games? Debatable.

Perhaps Bony wouldn't have needed time if Laudrup had shown any kind of belief in him.

Who was better in their first season? on 16:37 - May 23 with 2281 viewsmax936

Who was better in their first season? on 14:34 - May 23 by JackSomething

Typical lazy comment from a fan of another team. Bony is exactly the kind of striker you want in a system like ours. He's strong and able to hold the ball up, great at little interchanges on the edge of the area, great header, cannon of a shot...

Plus Bony scored goals against Valencia, Man United, Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton.

I'm with Phil on this and surprised at the amount voting for Michu. Bony has scored more goals in a team struggling for most of the season, while Michu was a big part of a team that was playing very well.

Had we won more games this season, I'm confident the vote would be more split. Final point for me in Bony's favour: take Michu out of the team last season and we would have finished lower in the league and maybe not won the League Cup. Take Bony out of the team this season and we would have been relegated.

Great post. Iam honestly struggling to split them, but for his pure dynamism and for the excitement he created its Michu by a photo finish

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Who was better in their first season? on 16:40 - May 23 with 2271 viewsJackSomething

Who was better in their first season? on 16:37 - May 23 by max936

Great post. Iam honestly struggling to split them, but for his pure dynamism and for the excitement he created its Michu by a photo finish

I could just as easily produce a list of reasons why I'd vote for Michu if I'm honest, just my guy reaction is Bony.

Pointless conversation anyway, why can't we just appreciate that for two years in a row, we've made possibly the best signing in the Premier League? If we sign a player this summer who is as successful in their first season as Michu or Bony, we'll all be delighted.

Who was better in their first season? on 16:52 - May 23 with 2249 viewsSpratty

Love Bony but Michu's play was at his best breathtakingly stylish and fluid

Arsenal away win unforgettable
Who was better in their first season? on 17:32 - May 23 with 2194 viewsmax936

Who was better in their first season? on 16:40 - May 23 by JackSomething

I could just as easily produce a list of reasons why I'd vote for Michu if I'm honest, just my guy reaction is Bony.

Pointless conversation anyway, why can't we just appreciate that for two years in a row, we've made possibly the best signing in the Premier League? If we sign a player this summer who is as successful in their first season as Michu or Bony, we'll all be delighted.

Great post again!!
[Post edited 23 May 2014 17:35]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Who was better in their first season? on 18:03 - May 23 with 2164 viewsC_jack

Was Michu even playing in his supposedly favourite position in his first season?
[Post edited 23 May 2014 18:03]

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Who was better in their first season? on 18:05 - May 23 with 2155 viewsJackFish

Also surprised at home many people are voting for Michu. Michu was superb last season, no question, but Bony has definitely been better.
Who was better in their first season? on 00:52 - May 24 with 2084 viewsduckling

I'll be honest, part of what keept me watching Swansea was Michu and his "charisma", it'¨s nice seeing players show their eagerness, emotion & energy .

Bony has been better this season than Michu, no doubt there, but better than him last year, well hard to say, besides one is a forward the other and attacking midfielder.

I could both see Michu staying or leaving as options, question is really whre would he go.
Who was better in their first season? on 06:40 - May 24 with 2051 viewsDanielswan

Who was better in their first season? on 16:19 - May 23 by Phil_S

Michu as a captain? That's a joke yes?

And we won the Capital One cup because we were a very good team not because of one person

Take the fanboy eyes off for a second?

The ladies cant say no to my puppy dog fanboy eyes, I refuse to take them off.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Who was better in their first season? on 10:24 - May 24 with 1980 viewsStarsky

How Bony has managed to finally triumph at Swansea is incredible.
First of all he wasn't fit enough and then when he eventually started Premier league games, we didn't play to his strengths at all. By the time the penny dropped and we started building our game around him, he hasn't looked back.
His hold up play is incredible, it's almost showboating the way he just stands there with the ball with the opposing player desperately trying to get the ball off him.
We haven't seen the best of him yet, and if we're lucky enough to still have him on our books next season I'm putting a large bet on for him to be top Premier league scorer. Lump on.

Michu was amazing in his first season but there were times where he was isolated and ended up running all over the place trying to get into the game. If I had to chose between keeping a fit Michu or Bony, it would me Bony for me by a country mile.

BTW... I never thought they had much understanding in the few games they played together.
Emnes and Pablo have linked up better with Bony than Michu ever did.

It's just the internet, init.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024