Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planet Swans 15:18 - Jun 1 with 58082 viewsAlbRanger

Nice to see it's joined the Fans Network group. Only decent Swansea site and they really don't like us!

Hopefully a chance for some banter a la Rivals
Planet Swans on 13:19 - Jun 2 with 3076 viewsFDC

"There's one real reason I dislike QPR - And that's as you represent everything that's wrong about football. "

Yeah but apart from that?
Planet Swans on 13:26 - Jun 2 with 3031 viewsTheBlob

I get pissed off with this Portsmouth comparison.We've got massive assets to draw on,including a £1b + worth of real estate.Portsmouth have got nothing outside that swampland where they built their ground,and the only way they could drum up extra revenue would be to make the local hookers work faster.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Planet Swans on 13:32 - Jun 2 with 3010 viewsdanehoop

I am still scratching my head on the suggestion that Uncle Tony has always thrown money at problems in his businesses. QPR aside, where I think he was naive and if anything seemed to approach it like a fan, there is little evidence that he has thrown money at problems. Quite the reverse, Tune Group is pretty much renowned as a value driven organisation, where price dicates everything. From budget airlines to budget hotels. Even the F1 vanity project will in all probability recoup him a fair profit for his investment.

Everything so far does indicate quite a lot of hard lessons learned from trusting a welshman with your money.

Anyway, how was that free stadium of yours?

Never knowingly understood

Planet Swans on 13:40 - Jun 2 with 2972 viewsJuzzie

Planet Swans on 13:26 - Jun 2 by TheBlob

I get pissed off with this Portsmouth comparison.We've got massive assets to draw on,including a £1b + worth of real estate.Portsmouth have got nothing outside that swampland where they built their ground,and the only way they could drum up extra revenue would be to make the local hookers work faster.

People say "doing a pompey" 'cos it's lazy and easy. They don't actually need to bother to look at the facts, if they did they'll see there's a whole gulf of difference between us.

But I guess they just see a 'debt' is a 'debt' amd it's almost become an analogy for a club going bust. Well, why don't they just say "you could go bust"? But hey, people never turn down the opportunity to get a sly, snide, dig in if they can.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2014 13:56]
Planet Swans on 13:44 - Jun 2 with 2946 viewsJamie

Planet Swans on 13:26 - Jun 2 by TheBlob

Loftus Road is worth £1bn?
Planet Swans on 13:45 - Jun 2 with 2932 viewsQPR442

Planet Swans on 12:29 - Jun 2 by QuakerJack

Yeah, coz if you sank to League 2 you'd still be filling Loftus road.

Our league One average was 14K which was actually higher than our 2006 championship average. Compare that to your 2006 average which was 8K and 2002 average which was 3.6K. Our lowest average in 30+ years was 11,749 in 2002 where as in the same period you have had smaller averages 23 times with many being under 5K.
This is not about who's 'brother is bigger' but facts about attendances.
If you are going to come on another site trying to argue at least get your facts right before you post because it makes you look a bit of t##t.
Planet Swans on 13:50 - Jun 2 with 2906 viewswhittocksRs

Planet Swans on 12:33 - Jun 2 by LeonisGod

What are QPR's figure like though? You dismiss the moneys earned from transfers, but net spend is the only important figure when it comes to living within your means. Your net spend in your last season in the prem was something like £37 million (in the top 4) and you posted £65 million debts. That's not sustainable, however you try and justify it.

But as you say, it shouldn't really reflect on the fans. It's a gamble that some owners seem prepared to take. It may work, but then it may not (e.g. Pompey).

Most of our major outlays were, as previously mentioned, down to wages, not transfer fees. We took a lot of players on for free, or say £2-4m, and used the cash not spent on fees on the wage packet. While that was obscene and the debt is ridiculous, the actual spend has been misrepresented in the press.

We've become an easy target - our largest signings (Samba £12m and Remy £12m) both had clauses written in allowing us to recoup the cash. We did with Samba (minus wages) and we will with Remy (making a small profit on the latter). Last season, we still spent plenty and should have gone up automatically, but the investment was much more sensible and I'm sure you'll see the same happening again this summer.

Also compare Swansea's biggest five signings and ours: Swans — Bony £12m, Pablo Hernandes £5.6m, Sung-Yueng £5.5m, Jonjo Shelvey £5m, Graham £3.5m; QPR — Samba £12m, Remy £8m, Granero £5m, Philips £4m, Austin £4m. Not much difference, really, is there?
Planet Swans on 13:54 - Jun 2 with 2893 viewsTheBlob

Planet Swans on 13:44 - Jun 2 by Jamie

Loftus Road is worth £1bn?

Potentially yes,have you seen unit prices in West London recently,but that's until the inevitable bubble burst.

Login to get fewer ads

Planet Swans on 14:00 - Jun 2 with 2863 viewsNorthernr

Planet Swans on 13:54 - Jun 2 by TheBlob

Potentially yes,have you seen unit prices in West London recently,but that's until the inevitable bubble burst.

Stanhope paid £200m for a 999 year lease on the BBC TVC land, which is probably a reasonable guide.
Planet Swans on 14:04 - Jun 2 with 2845 viewsTheBlob

Planet Swans on 14:00 - Jun 2 by Northernr

Stanhope paid £200m for a 999 year lease on the BBC TVC land, which is probably a reasonable guide.

Depending on the plans......a 2 bedroom flat in Highbury Square,lot less expensive area,will set you back a cool million.You can cram flats,town houses and maisonettes on LR.If they were canny the developers could buy up the houses nearby and the school and then make a complete "village".

Planet Swans on 14:12 - Jun 2 with 2798 viewsKonk

Planet Swans on 14:04 - Jun 2 by TheBlob

Depending on the plans......a 2 bedroom flat in Highbury Square,lot less expensive area,will set you back a cool million.You can cram flats,town houses and maisonettes on LR.If they were canny the developers could buy up the houses nearby and the school and then make a complete "village".

Highbury is a lot less expensive an area than your bit of the Bush? Genuinely surprised if that's even remotely the case.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Planet Swans on 14:14 - Jun 2 with 2784 viewsTheBlob

And the White City estate could be knocked down and redeveloped - this is one of the most expensive areas in Europe we're talking about here.
Where there's a will there's a way,they did that in sarf London,the hideous Ferrier Estate and transformed into the Kidbrooke Village.
(Just as an aside to LR,but a beneficial effect on local property prices)

Planet Swans on 14:16 - Jun 2 with 2775 viewssimmo

Planet Swans on 14:12 - Jun 2 by Konk

Highbury is a lot less expensive an area than your bit of the Bush? Genuinely surprised if that's even remotely the case.

This, Highbury is definitely a pricier area than Sheperds Bush. LR is not worth 1b either, although it is definitely worth a lot to the right developer.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Planet Swans on 14:18 - Jun 2 with 2770 viewsTheBlob

Planet Swans on 14:16 - Jun 2 by simmo

This, Highbury is definitely a pricier area than Sheperds Bush. LR is not worth 1b either, although it is definitely worth a lot to the right developer.

You're probably right.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2014 14:19]

Planet Swans on 14:42 - Jun 2 with 2678 viewsSpiritofGregory

They have a certain opinion of us because of Loftus Rd. The opinion will change when we move into our new state of the art stadium.

We'd all have a different view of Southampton, if they were still at the Dell.
Planet Swans on 14:48 - Jun 2 with 2659 viewsClive_Anderson

Planet Swans on 14:42 - Jun 2 by SpiritofGregory

They have a certain opinion of us because of Loftus Rd. The opinion will change when we move into our new state of the art stadium.

We'd all have a different view of Southampton, if they were still at the Dell.

I quite liked The Dell, a proper football stadium instead of the standard souless out-of-town shopping centre ground they have now.

A bit like Swanseas in fact.
Planet Swans on 15:31 - Jun 2 with 2580 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 13:45 - Jun 2 by QPR442

Our league One average was 14K which was actually higher than our 2006 championship average. Compare that to your 2006 average which was 8K and 2002 average which was 3.6K. Our lowest average in 30+ years was 11,749 in 2002 where as in the same period you have had smaller averages 23 times with many being under 5K.
This is not about who's 'brother is bigger' but facts about attendances.
If you are going to come on another site trying to argue at least get your facts right before you post because it makes you look a bit of t##t.

Lies, damn lies and stats.

What those stats don't tell you about is a long entrenched history of lower division football whereas you've had quite the opposite. We've had generations of youngsters knowing Swansea and Cardiff for that matter as lower league sides. If you were to sink as far as we've been, stay there for generations whilst kids grow up supporting Chelsea, I'd be willing to wager big money on you doing no better.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Planet Swans on 15:49 - Jun 2 with 2515 viewsTrom

Not sure I'd like to live in a luxury £1m flat opposite the White City Estate!
Planet Swans on 15:57 - Jun 2 with 2481 viewsClive_Anderson

Planet Swans on 15:31 - Jun 2 by QuakerJack

What those stats don't tell you about is a long entrenched history of lower division football whereas you've had quite the opposite. We've had generations of youngsters knowing Swansea and Cardiff for that matter as lower league sides. If you were to sink as far as we've been, stay there for generations whilst kids grow up supporting Chelsea, I'd be willing to wager big money on you doing no better.

Isn't that what a bigger club is? Being successful over the years and picking up supporters gradually over the generations.
Planet Swans on 16:03 - Jun 2 with 2466 viewsQPR442

Planet Swans on 15:31 - Jun 2 by QuakerJack

All of the stats are correct, so the only one who is wrong is you. That tells me you are either ignorant/stupid or just some new Swansea fan who didn't go to games before you went up.

Lets see if you recognise these lies which are your stats:
2014 20,407
1996 2,296
Where were you all then? or the other years where you only got gates of 3k-8K? Don't come on here trying to say we are the small club because on official records if we are 'small', Swansea is 'non-existent'. You should call your website 'on another planet swans'
Planet Swans on 16:09 - Jun 2 with 2436 viewsSpiritofGregory

Planet Swans on 14:48 - Jun 2 by Clive_Anderson

I quite liked The Dell, a proper football stadium instead of the standard souless out-of-town shopping centre ground they have now.

A bit like Swanseas in fact.

I'd say that Saints fans prefer St Mary's.

If they were still at the Dell they'd get the Pikey treatment.
Planet Swans on 16:10 - Jun 2 with 2430 viewsJuzzie

Just like Brighton fans on another forum I pop onto telling anyone and everyone who'll listen how great their crowds are at the Amex when they couldn't even fill out the 10k Withdean.
Same with Reading, big leap in attendances when they moved into the Madjeski compared to Elm Park.

Lets face it, most people proabbly prefer to sit in a newer stadium rather than a rackety old shed which is why I'm confident we'll get good crowds at the, what I reckon will be called, Air Asia Stadium.
Planet Swans on 16:19 - Jun 2 with 2400 viewsGloucs_R

Nice to see it took less than 24 hours to have the "my dads bigger than you" argument.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Planet Swans on 16:24 - Jun 2 with 2384 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 15:57 - Jun 2 by Clive_Anderson

Isn't that what a bigger club is? Being successful over the years and picking up supporters gradually over the generations.

No, the term bigger club was invented by Cardiff to make themselves feel important. According to their former chairman they're as big as Barcelona.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Planet Swans on 16:29 - Jun 2 with 2360 viewsJonDoeman

Planet Swans on 16:19 - Jun 2 by Gloucs_R

Nice to see it took less than 24 hours to have the "my dads bigger than you" argument.

But they started it!!!

It Is What It Is !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024