Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planet Swans 15:18 - Jun 1 with 58108 viewsAlbRanger

Nice to see it's joined the Fans Network group. Only decent Swansea site and they really don't like us!

Hopefully a chance for some banter a la Rivals
Planet Swans on 20:04 - Jun 2 with 2200 viewsSwanjaxs

Planet Swans on 20:00 - Jun 2 by loftboy

They have beaten us at home once in about 30 years lol, in my lifetime supporting Qpr I've been to an FA cup final a league cup final, when they both meant something, been runners up in the league, finished top London club on numerous occasions, was one victory from winning the league which as a result would have meant Liverpool not winning their first European cup, seen two European campaigns which would have been 4 had it not been for the scouse hooligans, in the same time Swansea have had two spells in the top flight and won a league cup. I bow to your superior greatness.

It's good to see you know your place cocker!
[Post edited 2 Jun 2014 20:06]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Planet Swans on 20:04 - Jun 2 with 2199 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 20:02 - Jun 2 by QPR_John

But exactly how much did it cost the club an actual figure please.

See Dwight's answer

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Planet Swans on 20:06 - Jun 2 with 2188 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 20:02 - Jun 2 by danehoop

OK, using your geographically challenged logic of London, Eastenders, there is a hint.. QPR, West London, can you see how that works. Not a great deal in common,

Still it must be galling to so small behind the Bluebirds as Wales second football team. To me though you both just come from the same place, isnt Swansea and Cardiff just a big conurbation now anyway? All sound the same to me.

Aye, and Porthmadog is in North Wales, dopey.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Planet Swans on 20:06 - Jun 2 with 2184 viewsJigsore

Planet Swans on 19:53 - Jun 2 by QPR_John

Just how much did the construction of the Liberty Stadium cost the club

All the lego in the whole of Wales

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Planet Swans on 20:08 - Jun 2 with 2173 viewsAunt_Nelly

Planet Swans on 20:04 - Jun 2 by QuakerJack

See Dwight's answer

Oi Cankles,

Are you Dwight's bitch?

Or do you need a bloke born in West London to speak for you?

If so you've come to the right place. We're here all week regardless of the division we play in so if any of the long words are troubling you just give us a shout.
Planet Swans on 20:10 - Jun 2 with 2158 viewsQPR442

All these swans on our forum? Shame they were not around 5 seasons ago, but then a bit of success brings them out.
maybe it will be them that 'does a Pompey' and they will disappear back to the 3k gates, or with a bit of luck into the Welsh league.
Planet Swans on 20:10 - Jun 2 with 2153 viewsQPR_John

Planet Swans on 19:58 - Jun 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It cost the council £27m to build.

Since its construction, approximately £6m has been paid in rent by Swansea City and the Ospreys combined. The stadium has also hosted numerous music concerts, business events and other activities, all generating large revenues.

It has also been estimated by the Welsh tourist board that Swansea City being in the Premier League generates an extra £30m for the local economy each year.

The council are still being paid a very fair rent for the stadium, they still own the stadium and they will in the near future break even and begin profiting on the stadium. This isn't including the huge increase in commerce for the local economy since the stadiums inception.

I think it is one of the best investments any local council in the United Kingdom has made in recent times and something which is cause for praise, not criticism.

Not a criticism at all but just a comment that not having to finance the building of a new stadium must help a clubs balance sheet
Planet Swans on 20:11 - Jun 2 with 2140 viewsdanehoop

So basically in 9 years you have paid a pepper corn rent to have access to a new state of the art stadium built at taxpayers expense:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-25559959

But, hey moneybags QPR didnt get the benefit of such a nice cushty arrangement so we are in the wrong.

Never knowingly understood

Login to get fewer ads

Planet Swans on 20:12 - Jun 2 with 2135 viewsPunteR

Planet Swans on 19:58 - Jun 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It cost the council £27m to build.

Since its construction, approximately £6m has been paid in rent by Swansea City and the Ospreys combined. The stadium has also hosted numerous music concerts, business events and other activities, all generating large revenues.

It has also been estimated by the Welsh tourist board that Swansea City being in the Premier League generates an extra £30m for the local economy each year.

The council are still being paid a very fair rent for the stadium, they still own the stadium and they will in the near future break even and begin profiting on the stadium. This isn't including the huge increase in commerce for the local economy since the stadiums inception.

I think it is one of the best investments any local council in the United Kingdom has made in recent times and something which is cause for praise, not criticism.

That's obviously every thing that's right about football, Olly Murs concerts!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Planet Swans on 20:12 - Jun 2 with 2134 viewsDeptfordR

Planet Swans on 20:06 - Jun 2 by QuakerJack

Aye, and Porthmadog is in North Wales, dopey.

Yes you are right but Llanwrtyd where the journey starts is more mid wales wouldn't you agree?

Looks like you need to go back to school chubbs, Ffestiniog is also mid wales, so your point is?
Planet Swans on 20:14 - Jun 2 with 2118 viewsAunt_Nelly

Planet Swans on 20:11 - Jun 2 by danehoop

So basically in 9 years you have paid a pepper corn rent to have access to a new state of the art stadium built at taxpayers expense:

But, hey moneybags QPR didnt get the benefit of such a nice cushty arrangement so we are in the wrong.

Came free with 15000 new fans too.

All at the taxpayer expense.

Proper touch.
Planet Swans on 20:15 - Jun 2 with 2106 viewsDarran

Great thread.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Planet Swans on 20:17 - Jun 2 with 2094 viewsloftboy

Planet Swans on 20:15 - Jun 2 by Darran

Great thread.

Can see it hitting 20+ pages

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Planet Swans on 20:17 - Jun 2 with 2092 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Planet Swans on 20:10 - Jun 2 by QPR442

All these swans on our forum? Shame they were not around 5 seasons ago, but then a bit of success brings them out.
maybe it will be them that 'does a Pompey' and they will disappear back to the 3k gates, or with a bit of luck into the Welsh league.

I think it is you who are more likely to revert back to the lower leagues. Where as we make huge profits each season, often upwards of £14m, you suffer huge losses, upwards of £50m.

Not only this, we are already in a relatively new stadium which, if wanted, can be expanded to match our progress as a club. You on the other hand are situated in a very crowded and heavily populated area of West London. Building a new stadium is going to be extremely costly and will require loans from your owners. Your council clearly view it as a poor investment and do not want to go anywhere near the project.

The Welsh League comment is also tedious and is usually spouted by those who know they are an inferior club and use it as a last resort. Of course, it is usually accompanied by a dig at our low attendances, but in your case you cannot use that one.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Planet Swans on 20:18 - Jun 2 with 2087 viewsDeptfordR

Planet Swans on 20:15 - Jun 2 by Darran

Great thread.

Tbf most of you have been alright but QJ has a bit of a gwenyn in his bonnet.
Planet Swans on 20:18 - Jun 2 with 2083 viewsQPR442

'Came free with 15000 new fans too'

You mean 17000 new fans as they averaged 20407 last year.
Planet Swans on 20:19 - Jun 2 with 2077 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Planet Swans on 20:11 - Jun 2 by danehoop

As far as I'm aware, you didn't pay for the construction of your current stadium either?

Planet Swans on 20:20 - Jun 2 with 2064 viewsSwanjaxs

Planet Swans on 20:18 - Jun 2 by DeptfordR

*like*

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Planet Swans on 20:21 - Jun 2 with 2057 viewsQuakerJack

Planet Swans on 20:18 - Jun 2 by DeptfordR

Yeah most of you are trying to have a constructive argument. DEBTford however is calling me names

Planet Swans on 20:24 - Jun 2 with 2022 viewsdanehoop

Planet Swans on 20:19 - Jun 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

As far as I'm aware, you didn't pay for the construction of your current stadium either?

Sorry, we did, through various iterations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loftus_Road

No subsidy arrangements catching the EU's beady eye for us. New stadium will be built using debt as well. It's generally how it works you don't get a free new stadium and cheap subsidised rent from the local authorities at the taxpayers expense.

Never knowingly understood

Planet Swans on 20:26 - Jun 2 with 1999 viewsClive_Anderson

Planet Swans on 20:24 - Jun 2 by danehoop

No subsidy arrangements catching the EU's beady eye for us. New stadium will be built using debt as well. It's generally how it works you don't get a free new stadium and cheap subsidised rent from the local authorities at the taxpayers expense.

Taxpayers in Swansea
Planet Swans on 20:27 - Jun 2 with 1994 viewsBlackCrowe

Planet Swans on 20:03 - Jun 2 by QuakerJack

Again, Dwight, you've articulated better than I me.

Which isn't actually difficult to be honest. Suggest you let Dwighty do the talking on here.

Shame really, what started off as a good thread between two set supporters has been taken down several notches by a couple of fools.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Planet Swans on 20:27 - Jun 2 with 1990 viewsted_hendrix

We're all just travelling through space.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Planet Swans on 20:27 - Jun 2 with 1989 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Planet Swans on 20:24 - Jun 2 by danehoop

From what I can see you moved to the ground 13 years after it's inception. You then bought the stadium 31 years later? I can't see anything regarding QPR building Loftus Road. In fact, it wasn't even your stadium to begin with according to that article.

Planet Swans on 20:28 - Jun 2 with 1987 viewsDeptfordR

Planet Swans on 20:20 - Jun 2 by Swanjaxs

*like*

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024