Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi and Gomis..... 16:56 - Jun 22 with 27863 viewsItchySphincter

If true, could be the end for Michu and Bony.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 16:58 - Jun 23 with 2247 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 16:51 - Jun 23 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Gomis isn't experienced quality though. Many players do well in other European leagues then flop here. They shouldn't be classed as experienced until they've cut it in the league we play in.

Fair point. Can't argue with that.

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 17:00 - Jun 23 with 2240 viewslondonlisa2001

If, and it's only an if however much speculation there is (which basically always amounts to every news source quoting the original) Gomis signs, then isn't it more likely to be as a replacement to Michu than to Bony?

I would imagine that Michu's fee plus weekly wage would amount to pretty close to Gomis signing on fee plus weekly wage and they are roughly the same age I think?

Seems more likely that Michu may go given various rumours rather than us replacing Bony who I'd imagine will stay (irrespective of his somewhat annoying agent) unless we get a really silly offer (and I don't think £19m is it).

I wouldn't be surprised to see Michu go to somewhere like Napoli and us bring in Gomis for pretty much breakeven on the deal.
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 17:13 - Jun 23 with 2191 viewsUxbridge

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 17:00 - Jun 23 by londonlisa2001

If, and it's only an if however much speculation there is (which basically always amounts to every news source quoting the original) Gomis signs, then isn't it more likely to be as a replacement to Michu than to Bony?

I would imagine that Michu's fee plus weekly wage would amount to pretty close to Gomis signing on fee plus weekly wage and they are roughly the same age I think?

Seems more likely that Michu may go given various rumours rather than us replacing Bony who I'd imagine will stay (irrespective of his somewhat annoying agent) unless we get a really silly offer (and I don't think £19m is it).

I wouldn't be surprised to see Michu go to somewhere like Napoli and us bring in Gomis for pretty much breakeven on the deal.

Depends how you view Michu. If you view him as a striker then aye. If as a midfielder, which I do, means we have another vacancy to fill. Maybe Gylfi's the Michu replacement if that's the thinking.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 17:26 - Jun 23 with 2143 viewsItchySphincter

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 17:13 - Jun 23 by Uxbridge

Depends how you view Michu. If you view him as a striker then aye. If as a midfielder, which I do, means we have another vacancy to fill. Maybe Gylfi's the Michu replacement if that's the thinking.

That was my initial point.

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 17:38 - Jun 23 with 2116 viewsAnotherJohn

I think that if it becomes an article of faith that we cannot have two experienced, capable strikers, such as Bony and Gomis, in the squad at the same time then our time in the Prem will be short. There is a kind of arrogance in the idea that we can survive season after season without investing in depth like our competitors do. .Even if we just play one up front and Bony stays fit, there are going to be an awful lot of games when we need to try something different. The leading teams often used to have four front-line strikers and switch the pair regularly. Some are saying we can't even afford one pair. By the way I class Michu as a midfielder, and I would see him as further insurance (somebody who can be moved forward) in case of injuries and ACN absences.
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 17:48 - Jun 23 with 2081 viewslondonlisa2001

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 17:13 - Jun 23 by Uxbridge

Michu's a funny one - on one hand I agree that he's a midfielder, but on the other hand he is not really a midfielder that (to this point) has shown he can play with Bony in that 'Pablo' mould.

Don't get me wrong - I love Michu, but him and Boy together just don't seem to work (albeit they haven't had long to get it to work). He did seem to work though with Luke Moore, so maybe it's just time.

I was more thinking in terms of 'attacking player' however classed, and wages etc being similar I would guess (I believe / assume Michu to be one of our top two paid players). Be interesting to see how it all pans out though.
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 17:54 - Jun 23 with 2065 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 16:27 - Jun 23 by oh_tommy_tommy

Moved on from Glynfi Stig . What's your reason on this Bryn ?

He was great for us in our first PL season but we were newbies and he suited Brendan's tactics brilliantly. Now we're choosers and not beggars I think we want to go for a Ravel Morrison type player really. To me we should be looking at more dynamic players and I think we've got better AM's in Michu (when fit) , Pablo and JDG.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:04 - Jun 23 with 1983 viewsItchySphincter

I think Gylfi is better than Morrison. Could Wilf suffer though, in the same way is DG10 did? I don't think so.

Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:05 - Jun 23 with 1975 viewsOldjack

he's ours http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baf%C3%A9timbi_Gomis

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:10 - Jun 23 with 1965 viewsItchySphincter

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:05 - Jun 23 by Oldjack

he's ours http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baf%C3%A9timbi_Gomis

It's Wikipedia though Alan.

I once got banned from there for writing an article about a ref who got arrested for corruption and showing a lack of regard for the laws of the game after our first Europa home game. It was then widely reported on here as fact before getting removed.

You probably edited that entry yourself. It's well known you're not as stupid as you would have us believe.

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:13 - Jun 23 with 1944 viewsJonathans_coat

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:10 - Jun 23 by ItchySphincter

I once got banned from there for writing an article about a ref who got arrested for corruption and showing a lack of regard for the laws of the game after our first Europa home game. It was then widely reported on here as fact before getting removed.

You probably edited that entry yourself. It's well known you're not as stupid as you would have us believe.

Oh yes! I'd forgotten all about our pal Duarte Gomes. Was half expecting him to be at the World Cup! The most inept performance I have ever witnessed from an official!
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:20 - Jun 23 with 1916 viewsOldjack

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:10 - Jun 23 by ItchySphincter

nowt to do with me, i was checking his form then i noticed he's ours

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:24 - Jun 23 with 1902 viewsNewhousemustscore

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 17:38 - Jun 23 by AnotherJohn

I think that if it becomes an article of faith that we cannot have two experienced, capable strikers, such as Bony and Gomis, in the squad at the same time then our time in the Prem will be short. There is a kind of arrogance in the idea that we can survive season after season without investing in depth like our competitors do. .Even if we just play one up front and Bony stays fit, there are going to be an awful lot of games when we need to try something different. The leading teams often used to have four front-line strikers and switch the pair regularly. Some are saying we can't even afford one pair. By the way I class Michu as a midfielder, and I would see him as further insurance (somebody who can be moved forward) in case of injuries and ACN absences.

I agree. You don't even have to look at big clubs. Hull city had 4 strikers - Shane long, Sone Aluka, Matty Fryatt and Jelavic in their squad last season. Having 2 quality strikers is a necessity at this level. It shouldn't mean one has to leave and we get another below par loan like the last 2 seasons.
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:30 - Jun 23 with 1873 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:04 - Jun 23 by ItchySphincter

I think Gylfi is better than Morrison. Could Wilf suffer though, in the same way is DG10 did? I don't think so.

Gylfi isn't as good as Morrison Sunsh. And he's a lightweight. We need to be imposing ourselves physically on oppo midfields and Gylfi is a wee bit frail dude

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:37 - Jun 23 with 1835 viewsnyc_swans

i would love to have Gylfi back as he was one of my favorite players i've ever seen play for swans. imagine the capabilities of a midfield with Ki, JJS, and Gylfi. would be lots of great long range shooting.
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:41 - Jun 23 with 1815 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:37 - Jun 23 by nyc_swans

i would love to have Gylfi back as he was one of my favorite players i've ever seen play for swans. imagine the capabilities of a midfield with Ki, JJS, and Gylfi. would be lots of great long range shooting.

I want a different type of MF than we already have though Nels.
Morrison is the type to dribble through defences with ease and that's what we've been sorely lacking IMO

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:45 - Jun 23 with 1794 viewsnyc_swans

how did you know to call me Nels?
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:54 - Jun 23 with 1761 viewsjojaca

Ignore all this transfer speculation. Week before world cup, we were linked with everyone. When the world cup started all the transfer speculation disappeared and media were filling their columns up with England this and England that. Now England are out of World Cup transfer speculation has started again because the interest in the world cup has declined slightly in the UK.

Even when you know, you never know?

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:01 - Jun 23 with 1717 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 19:45 - Jun 23 by nyc_swans

how did you know to call me Nels?

Because you used to be Nelson002 (I think) on the old site? I recognized the avatar dude

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:03 - Jun 23 with 1703 viewsnyc_swans

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:01 - Jun 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Because you used to be Nelson002 (I think) on the old site? I recognized the avatar dude

good memory.
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:40 - Jun 23 with 1564 viewsswansealad69

Cant see anyone coming in for michu as he only had 1 good season, and would be a gamble after his injury or should I say ankle arthritis.
We wont sell fo less then 4 mill and I dought anyone would take the chance on more.
On bony its a strange one.
The more he does in the wc the more intrest will come.
As of yet he aint done much.
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:48 - Jun 23 with 1541 viewsOldjack

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:40 - Jun 23 by swansealad69

Cant see anyone coming in for michu as he only had 1 good season, and would be a gamble after his injury or should I say ankle arthritis.
We wont sell fo less then 4 mill and I dought anyone would take the chance on more.
On bony its a strange one.
The more he does in the wc the more intrest will come.
As of yet he aint done much.

Michu will have to prove himself all over again after his horrendous last season like you say it would be foolhardy for anyone to take him on atm

Bony's agent is touting him around ,i hate money grabbing agents

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:16 - Jun 23 with 1452 viewsswansealad69

Just be glad his agent aint paul ince.
But I agree agents are scum and somthing should be done about them.
But at the end of the day we hold all the cards as he still has a few years left (unless off course there is something in his contract that allows him to walk should a club meet what he has written in to his contract)
Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:19 - Jun 23 with 1435 viewsDarran

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 20:48 - Jun 23 by Oldjack

Michu will have to prove himself all over again after his horrendous last season like you say it would be foolhardy for anyone to take him on atm

Bony's agent is touting him around ,i hate money grabbing agents

I agree Alan but we've had one season out of Michu and one season out of Bony,I'm sure we'll cope we have in the past.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gylfi and Gomis..... on 21:20 - Jun 23 with 1414 viewsItchySphincter

Just spoke to a French colleague at FIFA and he didn't know anything about the Gomis transfer but he did say he was a top player. Not quick and not technical but a goal machine.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024