Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? 17:19 - Jul 7 with 2674 viewsQuakerJack

Having a debate in a bar in Limassol, Cyprus. He's Dutch and he's saying Cruyff. Absolute horse shiyte I know but I'm arguing Messi.

Whatever happens out in Brazil, I don't feel Messi has to win the world cup to prove he's greater than Maradona.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 17:21 - Jul 7 with 2134 viewsDarran

Lee Trundle.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 17:23 - Jul 7 with 2124 viewsQuakerJack

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 17:21 - Jul 7 by Darran

Lee Trundle.

No different from this guy arguing for Cruyff anyway.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 17:24 - Jul 7 with 2119 viewsjacw

He could still do a job
Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 17:32 - Jul 7 with 2085 viewsDanielswan

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 17:21 - Jul 7 by Darran

Lee Trundle.

On a serious note, really? .. Maradona at his best without any doubt.

On a biased note:

Best gentleman on a pitch ever: M. Laudrup

Best dribbler : Maradona

Best passer: Pirlo

Best shot: Roberto Carlos

Best diversed offensive player: C. Ronaldo

Best striker ever: Pele

Best defender ever: Maldini

Best diversed defensive player: Lothar Matheus

Best keeper ever: Schmeichel

Best pure midfielder ever: Di Stefano

Best pure winger ever: Garrincha

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 17:33 - Jul 7 with 2083 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 17:24 - Jul 7 by jacw

He could still do a job

Scarily I get the feeling that quite a few of our fans actually believe that

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 17:57 - Jul 7 with 2057 viewsmax936

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 17:32 - Jul 7 by Danielswan

On a serious note, really? .. Maradona at his best without any doubt.

On a biased note:

Best gentleman on a pitch ever: M. Laudrup

Best dribbler : Maradona

Best passer: Pirlo

Best shot: Roberto Carlos

Best diversed offensive player: C. Ronaldo

Best striker ever: Pele

Best defender ever: Maldini

Best diversed defensive player: Lothar Matheus

Best keeper ever: Schmeichel

Best pure midfielder ever: Di Stefano

Best pure winger ever: Garrincha

As much as Im trying I can't argue with any of those choices,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 18:02 - Jul 7 with 2042 viewsperchrockjack

apart from best gentleman on the pitch.
Sorry but LAUDRUP not fit to wipe Ivor Allchurch s arse

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 18:03 - Jul 7 with 2038 viewsMrSwerve

I dont get why people think you have to have won the world cup to be a true great. It's a team sport.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 18:12 - Jul 7 with 2009 viewsLe_Swans

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 17:57 - Jul 7 by max936

As much as Im trying I can't argue with any of those choices,

Agree with most of them bar Roberto Carlos, other than THAT free kick against France his scoring record isn't that great (off the top of my head anyway) Ronaldo has a much better shot than him, and I'm assuming a much better conversion rate.
Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 18:17 - Jul 7 with 1993 viewsDyfnant

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 18:03 - Jul 7 by MrSwerve

I dont get why people think you have to have won the world cup to be a true great. It's a team sport.

If you play in he finals though you need to perform well, Messi hasn't before this one.
Best keeper I've seen post 1980 was Neville Southall, no way Prued Homme should've beaten him to that accolade back in the late 80's

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 18:24 - Jul 7 with 1965 viewstf_jack

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 18:17 - Jul 7 by Dyfnant

If you play in he finals though you need to perform well, Messi hasn't before this one.
Best keeper I've seen post 1980 was Neville Southall, no way Prued Homme should've beaten him to that accolade back in the late 80's

John Charles,
Ivor,
George Best.

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 23:13 - Jul 7 with 1850 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 18:24 - Jul 7 by tf_jack

John Charles,
Ivor,
George Best.

Gareth Bale is unlikely to achieve it either unfortunately

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 23:14 - Jul 7 with 1846 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Messi for me. I have only ever seen highlights of Maradona so I cannot give a fair opinion on him.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 23:21 - Jul 7 with 1834 viewsNeathJack

If Maradona had been given the protection that the modern day footballer such as Messi gets, there would be no contest whatsoever.
Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 23:37 - Jul 7 with 1789 viewsKilkennyjack

And the winner is George Best, 'the Belfast boy' .....

Beware of the Risen People

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 00:00 - Jul 8 with 1762 viewsUxbridge

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 17:23 - Jul 7 by QuakerJack

No different from this guy arguing for Cruyff anyway.

Good lord.

Cruyff has to be top 5 for me. If we're talking about impact on the game in terms of the teams he played in, the clubs he coached and clubs he changed the philosophy of, then there ain't many who can say they impacted the sport in such a way.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 00:04 - Jul 8 with 1757 viewsC_jack

So many great players have given different things to the game, but I always remember a huge Adidas billboard I saw in central London years ago

'4-Zidane-2

Own the midfield and you own the game'

Perfect.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 01:21 - Jul 8 with 1722 viewsDyfnant

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 00:04 - Jul 8 by C_jack

So many great players have given different things to the game, but I always remember a huge Adidas billboard I saw in central London years ago

'4-Zidane-2

Own the midfield and you own the game'

Perfect.

Possibly not even the greatest French player

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 02:16 - Jul 8 with 1690 viewsJoeSoccerFan

All-time:

#1 - Pele
#2 - Maradona
#3 - Cruyff
#4 - Messi
#5 - Best
#6 - Puskas (never saw - purely on rep).
#7 - Beckenbauer
Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 02:20 - Jul 8 with 1687 viewsLiberty

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 23:14 - Jul 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Messi for me. I have only ever seen highlights of Maradona so I cannot give a fair opinion on him.

You've only seen highlights of most Swans matches, at best, but haven't let that stop you making a complete fool of yourself by voicing your opinions on everything Swansea, including how we talk and sound.

Carry on, why let the facts get in the way of your views, unless attention seeking by making ridiculous statements is your idea of making a mark.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 02:37 - Jul 8 with 1681 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 02:20 - Jul 8 by Liberty

You've only seen highlights of most Swans matches, at best, but haven't let that stop you making a complete fool of yourself by voicing your opinions on everything Swansea, including how we talk and sound.

Carry on, why let the facts get in the way of your views, unless attention seeking by making ridiculous statements is your idea of making a mark.

I saw 95%+ of home matches between our move to the Liberty and the end of the 2012/13 season.

For reasons I do not know you seem to dislike me. I hope whatever problems you have with me are sorted out very soon as I am genuinely concerned for you. I hope you're well.

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 02:46 - Jul 8 with 1681 viewsLiberty

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 02:37 - Jul 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I saw 95%+ of home matches between our move to the Liberty and the end of the 2012/13 season.

For reasons I do not know you seem to dislike me. I hope whatever problems you have with me are sorted out very soon as I am genuinely concerned for you. I hope you're well.

So you hardly saw us play live last season, yet have so many opinions on players, managers and board.

I am fine and unlike you i don't need to troll with outlandish opinions to get off on myself. You carry on though, highly entertaining ( cruel to laugh at the less intelligent) and feel sorry for some village somewhere is missing you.

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 02:50 - Jul 8 with 1676 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 02:46 - Jul 8 by Liberty

So you hardly saw us play live last season, yet have so many opinions on players, managers and board.

I am fine and unlike you i don't need to troll with outlandish opinions to get off on myself. You carry on though, highly entertaining ( cruel to laugh at the less intelligent) and feel sorry for some village somewhere is missing you.

I saw around 5 or 6 games live last season. I watched the rest either live online. I didn't realise you had to attend every game live to be allowed an opinion on a player. How strange.

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 03:00 - Jul 8 with 1675 viewsLiberty

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 02:50 - Jul 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I saw around 5 or 6 games live last season. I watched the rest either live online. I didn't realise you had to attend every game live to be allowed an opinion on a player. How strange.

You fcuking spoil this site. You are talking thru ur arse again.

Carry on, I give up. Mods love u, I must be in the wrong.

You hate everything Swansea but are loved by Darr etc, I just dont get it.

You win, Darr be happy. I am off.

Who in your opinion is the greatest of all time? on 07:17 - Jul 8 with 1620 viewsJohnw102

Only from players I have seen play

Best passer Johnny Haynes
Goal scorer Jimmy Greaves (by a mile)
Goalkeeper Lev Yashin
Midfielder Socrates (Captain)
Defender Beckenbauer (tempted to put Dave Mackay in there hardest man I ever saw on a pitch)

It is difficult to match different generations, the likes of Messi etc would not cope with the old leather footballs and rain soaked pitches of other years and old time defenders would have had 2 Yellow cards in the first five mins in modern football.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024