Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli 00:25 - Jul 19 with 8977 viewsthe_oracle

A middle aged female workmate of my wife was in Asda Llanelli on Tuesday. She does her weekly shop there and has done so for many years.

She was approached by two men in their late teens or early twenties. They asked her did she believe in Christ. She replied she did not have strong religious beliefs. They asked her did she believe in Allah. She said again she didn't know much about him and was not religious. The men then told her that she had insulted their religion and their god and they were going to come to come to her home and kill her and bomb her house. She ran into the next aisle and asked for help from a staff member. Security was called and the police were phoned. As the men were leaving the police arrived and the men were grabbed and they were carted off into a van. The police took a statement and told her this had happened a number of times. My wife's friend is terrified that the men saw her get into her car and will now be able to identify her.

Will the men be prosecuted under the hate crime laws or let off with a warning? I've not seen anything in the local press.
Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:04 - Jul 19 with 1439 viewsLohengrin

I was approached in town by a young rep for Greenpeace recently. She asked me if I was concerned about the worldwide decline in the shark population? I told her no, I had bigger fish to fry. I thought that was quite funny, off the cuff. She just shot me a withering look.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:08 - Jul 19 with 1434 viewsthe_oracle

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 14:31 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

This, like, totally happened to a friend of my cousin's in Tesco Llansamlet too. There's obviously a network of them. Local press wasn't interested for fear of upsetting the muslims.

Honest. Totally true.

Are you implying that my original post is untrue?
Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:11 - Jul 19 with 1427 viewsexiledclaseboy

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:08 - Jul 19 by the_oracle

Are you implying that my original post is untrue?

It has all the hallmarks of a classic urban myth. So, yes.

Poll: Tory leader

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:12 - Jul 19 with 1425 viewsperchrockjack

Could have been whales and that would have been bad.sharks are koonts

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:18 - Jul 19 with 1415 viewsLohengrin

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:12 - Jul 19 by perchrockjack

Could have been whales and that would have been bad.sharks are koonts

Lovely teeth, though. That was always one of the first things I looked for in a girl; that and clean shoes.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:20 - Jul 19 with 1411 viewsthe_oracle

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:11 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

It has all the hallmarks of a classic urban myth. So, yes.

perhaps you'd like to pop round to see the woman involved. she lives in Bishopston. Scared and worried that these lovely innocent misunderstood people may pop round for a chat. A woman who is too scared to go back to the shop. A woman who is afraid her teenage daughter may be hurt

Tell her she's an urban myth, bound to make it all better.
Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:24 - Jul 19 with 1405 viewsexiledclaseboy

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:20 - Jul 19 by the_oracle

perhaps you'd like to pop round to see the woman involved. she lives in Bishopston. Scared and worried that these lovely innocent misunderstood people may pop round for a chat. A woman who is too scared to go back to the shop. A woman who is afraid her teenage daughter may be hurt

Tell her she's an urban myth, bound to make it all better.

How will they know where she lives? Did she give them her address while they were discussing religion in Tesco? I think "your wife's workmate" can rest easy on that score.

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:26 - Jul 19 with 1402 viewswaynekerr55

My tuppence worth - regardless of religion these people are crack pots

Religion is just a cheap veil that they hide behind. My next door neighbours are Muslim and every time Eid comes round they bring a dessert or delicacy for us.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:32 - Jul 19 with 1397 viewsthe_oracle

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:24 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

How will they know where she lives? Did she give them her address while they were discussing religion in Tesco? I think "your wife's workmate" can rest easy on that score.

Like many she's thinking the worst. The police van was close to her car and her number plate was visible to these fine upstanding chaps who had just threatened to kill her, as she was leaving.

Would you go back to a shop where you life had been threatened? Given what happened to Lee Rigby do you think is beyond possibility that these fine fellows might not be inspired to do something similar?

Do you not think that what these clearly decent law abiding chaps did may not put some fear into her mind?
Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:38 - Jul 19 with 1380 viewsdgt73

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:24 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

What a total p:ick you are, if this was the other way around and some ethnic had been threatened by those nasty white people you'd soon be shouting. It's people like you that are responsible for what's going to happen one day, pull your head out of the sand FFS.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:43 - Jul 19 with 1372 viewsFlashberryjack

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:32 - Jul 19 by the_oracle

Like many she's thinking the worst. The police van was close to her car and her number plate was visible to these fine upstanding chaps who had just threatened to kill her, as she was leaving.

Would you go back to a shop where you life had been threatened? Given what happened to Lee Rigby do you think is beyond possibility that these fine fellows might not be inspired to do something similar?

Do you not think that what these clearly decent law abiding chaps did may not put some fear into her mind?

I think some would be taking a different viewpoint if this had happened to one of their family.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:44 - Jul 19 with 1371 viewsexiledclaseboy

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:32 - Jul 19 by the_oracle

Well she's bound to think the worst after such a shocking experience. Feel free to reassure her that her number plate cannot lead to her identification.

I'm very surprised this hasn't been picked up by the local press though. Even the national tabloids, who are crying out for muslim scare stories like this one, would have been interested I would have thought.

"According to the noted American folklorist Jan Harold Brunvand, urban legends are "realistic stories concerning recent events (or alleged events)." These stories are "an integral part of white Anglo-American culture" and their storytellers "assume that the true facts of each case lie just one or two informants back down the line with a reliable witness (the so-called FOAF, or Friend Of A Friend, factor), or in a news media report." More folklore than history, urban legends are believed to be true, and are subject to considerable repetition. While often popularly referred to as urban myths, for Brunvand, they belong to a subclass of folk narratives, legends, that - unlike fairy tales - are believed, or at least believable, and that - unlike myths - are set in the recent past and involve normal human beings rather than ancient gods or demigods. . . . As with any folk legends, urban legends gain credibility from specific details of time and place or from references to source authorities. . . . In the world of modern urban legends there is usually no geographical or generational gap between teller and event. The story is true; it really occurred and recently, and always to someone else who is quite close to the narrator, or at least a `friend of a friend.'"

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:45 - Jul 19 with 1369 viewsexiledclaseboy

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:43 - Jul 19 by Flashberryjack

I think some would be taking a different viewpoint if this had happened to one of their family.

I'd be taking a different viewpoint if it had happened.

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:48 - Jul 19 with 1356 viewsLord_Bony

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:45 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:50 - Jul 19 with 1350 viewsdgt73

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:45 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

So this didn't happen and it's only the nasty white people who carry out this kind of behaviour.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:53 - Jul 19 with 1282 viewsexiledclaseboy

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:50 - Jul 19 by dgt73

So this didn't happen and it's only the nasty white people who carry out this kind of behaviour.

I can't say definitively whether it did or didn't really. As I said though, it has all the hallmarks of a classic urban legend so I have my doubts. Not reported anywhere either, which as it happened nearly a week ago is surprising, don't you think?

I've no idea what you're getting at with your "nasty white people" comment. Non-white people often do reprehensible things.

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:54 - Jul 19 with 1280 viewsFlashberryjack

So you know this didn't happen ......that's a relief.

Hello

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:55 - Jul 19 with 1279 viewsexiledclaseboy

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:54 - Jul 19 by Flashberryjack

So you know this didn't happen ......that's a relief.

See post above in reply to dgt73.

Do you know that it did?

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:57 - Jul 19 with 1273 viewsthe_oracle

It happened.

You are clearly blinded by your own beliefs and terrified to at least acknowledge this religious hatred goes on and happens to ordinary people. (I'm sure you will have searched this online by now to identify when this urban myth first surfaced, any luck)?

My wife has had three hour long phone calls with a vey upset woman, a woman who has not been involved with the police in her life. A woman who is too scared to take anything beyond this point as her name and address will be given and these two "urban myths" will have access to.

I'll tell her that all is well and it's all a figment of her ( and my) imagination.
Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:02 - Jul 19 with 1262 viewsexiledclaseboy

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:57 - Jul 19 by the_oracle

It happened.

You are clearly blinded by your own beliefs and terrified to at least acknowledge this religious hatred goes on and happens to ordinary people. (I'm sure you will have searched this online by now to identify when this urban myth first surfaced, any luck)?

My wife has had three hour long phone calls with a vey upset woman, a woman who has not been involved with the police in her life. A woman who is too scared to take anything beyond this point as her name and address will be given and these two "urban myths" will have access to.

I'll tell her that all is well and it's all a figment of her ( and my) imagination.

All good scare stories/urban legends have got to start somewhere. Perhaps you've just started one. If you're on Facebook, stick it on there, it'll spread like wildfire. They love this sort of thing on there.

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:02 - Jul 19 with 1261 viewsFlashberryjack

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:55 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

See post above in reply to dgt73.

Do you know that it did?

No I don't know that it's true, as like you, I wasn't there....I'm just going on the assumption that the opening poster is not a liar.

Hello

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:04 - Jul 19 with 1252 viewsexiledclaseboy

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:02 - Jul 19 by Flashberryjack

No I don't know that it's true, as like you, I wasn't there....I'm just going on the assumption that the opening poster is not a liar.

Ah, so you're assuming it's true as I'm assuming that, on the balance of probability, it probably isn't. So we're about even on that score.

Also interesting to note as you mentioned not being there, neither was the OP.

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:11 - Jul 19 with 1233 viewsDyfnant

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:57 - Jul 19 by the_oracle

It happened.

Anything that doesn't enable ECB's self hatred is an urban myth

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:11 - Jul 19 with 1233 viewsthe_oracle

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:04 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

Ah, so you're assuming it's true as I'm assuming that, on the balance of probability, it probably isn't. So we're about even on that score.

Also interesting to note as you mentioned not being there, neither was the OP.

"On the balance of probabilities".

Given that you believe I am a liar I'd like to know your analysis and synthesis of the evidence to reach the conclusion that I've made this up.

When she calls next I'll get the crime number and investigating officers name. You can give him a call.
Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:14 - Jul 19 with 1230 viewsexiledclaseboy

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:11 - Jul 19 by the_oracle

"On the balance of probabilities".

Given that you believe I am a liar I'd like to know your analysis and synthesis of the evidence to reach the conclusion that I've made this up.

When she calls next I'll get the crime number and investigating officers name. You can give him a call.

I have made no analysis or synthesis and I have no evidence other than an internet forum thread.

You made a post, I drew a conclusion from that post. Nothing more sinister than that really.

I'm not sure the police would discuss an alleged crime involving "your wife's workmate" with a third party, least of all confirm an arrest or any details of the victim of said alleged crime.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024