Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli 00:25 - Jul 19 with 8975 viewsthe_oracle

A middle aged female workmate of my wife was in Asda Llanelli on Tuesday. She does her weekly shop there and has done so for many years.

She was approached by two men in their late teens or early twenties. They asked her did she believe in Christ. She replied she did not have strong religious beliefs. They asked her did she believe in Allah. She said again she didn't know much about him and was not religious. The men then told her that she had insulted their religion and their god and they were going to come to come to her home and kill her and bomb her house. She ran into the next aisle and asked for help from a staff member. Security was called and the police were phoned. As the men were leaving the police arrived and the men were grabbed and they were carted off into a van. The police took a statement and told her this had happened a number of times. My wife's friend is terrified that the men saw her get into her car and will now be able to identify her.

Will the men be prosecuted under the hate crime laws or let off with a warning? I've not seen anything in the local press.
Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:15 - Jul 19 with 1529 viewsexiledclaseboy

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:11 - Jul 19 by Dyfnant

Anything that doesn't enable ECB's self hatred is an urban myth

I don't hate very much at all, least of all myself.

What a peculiar thing to say.

Poll: Tory leader

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:32 - Jul 19 with 1511 viewsdgt73

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:53 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

I can't say definitively whether it did or didn't really. As I said though, it has all the hallmarks of a classic urban legend so I have my doubts. Not reported anywhere either, which as it happened nearly a week ago is surprising, don't you think?

I've no idea what you're getting at with your "nasty white people" comment. Non-white people often do reprehensible things.

So because this incident happened over a week ago and hasn't been reported in the media, you believe it to be an urban myth. Do you know how long it took for the media and police to report on the Asian gangs that were gang rapping young white girls in some northern towns. ??????

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:33 - Jul 19 with 1510 viewsthe_oracle

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:14 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

I have made no analysis or synthesis and I have no evidence other than an internet forum thread.

You made a post, I drew a conclusion from that post. Nothing more sinister than that really.

I'm not sure the police would discuss an alleged crime involving "your wife's workmate" with a third party, least of all confirm an arrest or any details of the victim of said alleged crime.

So what ever I say you will not believe me. You have made your mind up I am a liar.

You believe I have posted a lie, something to stir up racial and religious hatred (despite the fact in the original post I deliberately left out their racial characteristics to avoid this). In the original I did not call these "urban myths" anything derogatory. I merely put out the facts and asked would they be prosecuted or given a warning.

Something which I felt was shocking happened to a lovely kind lady going about her business innocently without any thought that someone would threaten to kill her for not being Muslim. it's sad you are so cynical or so blinded that you cannot believe this sort of thing may happen.
( interestingly just heard on the news a report, from someone who wasn't there, that ISIS has threatened one of the oldest Christian communities in Iraq with death if they don't convert to Islam, another urban myth no doubt.)
Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:37 - Jul 19 with 1500 viewsFlashberryjack

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:04 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

Ah, so you're assuming it's true as I'm assuming that, on the balance of probability, it probably isn't. So we're about even on that score.

Also interesting to note as you mentioned not being there, neither was the OP.

OK I'll go on the assumption that the OP, his wife and his wife friend aren't liars.
Going on the balance of probabilities, these day's nothing surprises me as to what is probable and what is un-probable.
Furthermore, seeing as I purely commented "people would have a different viewpoint, had such an incident happened to a family member"
My comment neither states the OP to be true or false, more an observation rather than a statement of the validity of the OP reported incident.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:43 - Jul 19 with 1487 viewsDyfnant

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:32 - Jul 19 by dgt73

So because this incident happened over a week ago and hasn't been reported in the media, you believe it to be an urban myth. Do you know how long it took for the media and police to report on the Asian gangs that were gang rapping young white girls in some northern towns. ??????

He's filing it away with dog microchips in Chinese food and child abduction attempts in euro Disney

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:44 - Jul 19 with 1487 viewsexiledclaseboy

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:37 - Jul 19 by Flashberryjack

OK I'll go on the assumption that the OP, his wife and his wife friend aren't liars.
Going on the balance of probabilities, these day's nothing surprises me as to what is probable and what is un-probable.
Furthermore, seeing as I purely commented "people would have a different viewpoint, had such an incident happened to a family member"
My comment neither states the OP to be true or false, more an observation rather than a statement of the validity of the OP reported incident.

Ok then, that's fair enough. So do you believe that this incident happened? It's a truly shocking story if it's true. Of course, none of us can know for certain what, if anything, happened during this alleged incident. Not even the OP. We can all only draw our own conclusions from the little we have to go on.

Very little surprises me either these days so I don't have a problem believing that such an incident is possible. Where I do have an issue is that such a shocking incident happening so close to home nearly a week ago hasn't received any kind of coverage in the intervening six days, not in the mainstream press, local press or, even more bafflingly, on social media (except this thread of course) where stories like this are usually lapped up by those who want to believe them. Llanelli's a small town so surely such a shocking and topical incident would have created something of a stir?

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:44 - Jul 19 with 1486 viewsexiledclaseboy

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:43 - Jul 19 by Dyfnant

He's filing it away with dog microchips in Chinese food and child abduction attempts in euro Disney

Not quite but it's moving that way.

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 17:33 - Jul 19 with 1430 viewscontroversial_jack

Sounds like a load of b*llcks to me
Login to get fewer ads

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 17:53 - Jul 19 with 1408 viewsDavillin

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 15:26 - Jul 19 by waynekerr55

My tuppence worth - regardless of religion these people are crack pots

Religion is just a cheap veil that they hide behind. My next door neighbours are Muslim and every time Eid comes round they bring a dessert or delicacy for us.

Is that a new form of proselytizing?

Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons still use paper and patter.

Shows you where this world is headed.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 18:00 - Jul 19 with 1398 viewsFlashberryjack

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 16:44 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

Ok then, that's fair enough. So do you believe that this incident happened? It's a truly shocking story if it's true. Of course, none of us can know for certain what, if anything, happened during this alleged incident. Not even the OP. We can all only draw our own conclusions from the little we have to go on.

Very little surprises me either these days so I don't have a problem believing that such an incident is possible. Where I do have an issue is that such a shocking incident happening so close to home nearly a week ago hasn't received any kind of coverage in the intervening six days, not in the mainstream press, local press or, even more bafflingly, on social media (except this thread of course) where stories like this are usually lapped up by those who want to believe them. Llanelli's a small town so surely such a shocking and topical incident would have created something of a stir?

As I've already stated, "I don't know if the story is true" do I believe that it's true ? - possibly.
There have been several reported incidents involving sharia law enthusiasts openly criticising individuals for infringing those beliefs, also a lot has been made of Muslims being easily offended by non Muslims, so that certainly would help to give more than a little credence to the OP.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 19:54 - Jul 19 with 1341 viewsJackfath

I was in Asda in Llanelli earlier and saw no suspicious activities. There were loads of scruffy, smelly people with limps though.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 20:06 - Jul 19 with 1334 viewspansypants

Trostre is the new Llanelli

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 23:30 - Jul 19 with 1280 viewsPacemaker

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 13:29 - Jul 19 by Rancid

A new mosque opened this week in the heart of Sandfields (Port Talbot).It's in the workshops in Addison Rd and they've already pissed off the fella in the electrical repair shop next door by asking him to turn his radio off.It's a built up area around there too and this morning their prayers are bellowing right throughout the estate.

It's not a mosque it's a Hindu temple.

The mosque is still in Port Talbot.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 23:33 - Jul 19 with 1272 viewsperchrockjack

Loch.not sure about clean shoes but clean underwear essential as a starting point

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 23:37 - Jul 19 with 1264 viewsDarran

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 23:30 - Jul 19 by Pacemaker

It's not a mosque it's a Hindu temple.

The mosque is still in Port Talbot.

There's a few people kicking off down the Ferry because the chapel by the Lodge lights has been sold and someone said it's going to be a mosque.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 23:54 - Jul 19 with 1242 viewsPacemaker

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 23:37 - Jul 19 by Darran

There's a few people kicking off down the Ferry because the chapel by the Lodge lights has been sold and someone said it's going to be a mosque.

The mosque in Port Talbot has been there for years and most people would not know where it is or what people do there.

The Sikh temple on Peniel Green road is making use of a building that was a chapel but was no longer being used, I take it the people in the Ferry were using that chapel regularly and that's why they are pissed off

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 13:47 - Jul 20 with 1184 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Religiously motivated hate crime in Llanelli on 14:57 - Jul 19 by exiledclaseboy

It's the same group that trawl around my estate once every few weeks. I've answered the door to the same middle-aged woman a number of times. She's unfailingly polite but the light in her eyes always dies a little when I tell her that since the last time she came I'm even less likely to be one of the 144,000 who are going to make it to Heaven after the End of Days.

They should preach to themselves as there's a few million JW's on the planet just fighting for a mere 144,000 places

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024