Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Caroll signed on loan 12:28 - Aug 22 with 14192 viewsSwan91

[Post edited 22 Aug 2014 12:32]
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 12:53 - Aug 22 with 2667 viewslidojack

Does this mean Monk sees one of Ki/Shelvey as a defensive midfielder and Caroll as back up to the other CM spot?
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 12:56 - Aug 22 with 2634 viewsUxbridge

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 12:49 - Aug 22 by Pegojack

Josh McEachran Mark II?
[Post edited 22 Aug 2014 12:50]

Let's hope not eh.

Loan signings were always the more likely, and he probably fits the profile of a neat and tidy midfielder who could fill in for the likes of Leon or Ki.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 12:56 - Aug 22 with 2629 viewsWarwickHunt

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 12:52 - Aug 22 by Joe_bradshaw

He could do that for Spurs.

Hopefully this is not an alternative to Stambouli as that would be disappointing.

Doesn't sound like a defensive midfielder.
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:05 - Aug 22 with 2509 viewslondonlisa2001

Don't know much about him, but not being 'rated' by QPR fans is surely a positive not a negative ;-) ? The only thing I have seen about him is one of those 'who will play for England in 2018 world cup' type articles, where his name was mentioned. A lot of Spurs fans up here assumed he'd be part of their plans this season, I do know that.

Monk said 2 or 3 - this is one of them, don't think it rules out Stambouli (although it does seem he is off to Fiorentina possibly) or similar. This is another option in midfield I imagine to Ki / Shelvey / Fulton etc. Given the way we play, another 'all round' type midfielder was definitely needed.

I still think we'll get a defensive midfielder (interesting that both Stambouli & Cork can also play right back) and a left back.
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:06 - Aug 22 with 2495 viewsSwan91

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 12:53 - Aug 22 by lidojack

Does this mean Monk sees one of Ki/Shelvey as a defensive midfielder and Caroll as back up to the other CM spot?

Maybe he is a second choice for the AM role? Or if gylfi gets injured move one of Ki/Shelvey to AM and have him as cm sub. That would mean emnes could be the 4th winger instead of AM 2nd choice. Means we would only need a 3rd choice striker, and a RB/LB (depending on what monk feels Tiendallis position would be)

Tbh I would've liked to see Sheehan because of the good pre season instead of a youngster from another PL club. Maybe it's with a view to buy?
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:08 - Aug 22 with 2464 viewsRancid

Maybe he's learned from one of the best DM's, Scott Parker at Spurs.
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:08 - Aug 22 with 2461 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

I agree that another Josh McEachran springs to mind

Not sure why we have signed him to be honest as I thought we wanted to sign players who were able to slot straight into the first team ???

I hope this is not a last minute move because all our potential targets have gone elsewhere so its just a matter of getting some bodies in to fill the squad

I hope I am proved wrong
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:10 - Aug 22 with 2436 viewsDarran

Another shit thread.
Give the bloke a break FFS.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:11 - Aug 22 with 2414 viewsMagicDaps

I don't understand the negativity towards this signing on here, I can only assume a lot of you haven't seen him play.

For what we need, some extra cover in midfield capable of playing in our passing system the guy is perfect. He's rated similarly to Jake Livermore before he got his move to Hull on loan, and if he can do something similar then it'll be a great signing.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:15 - Aug 22 with 2354 viewsJango

Can't please some of you no matter what!!! He's a cracking little player who fits our style perfectly. He's probably not gonna be first choice, but to go and buy a midfielder who's better than Britton and Shelvey is gonna cost £7million+. He's impressed me every time I've seen him play and hopefully we've agreed a future fee. Give him a chance ffs
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:15 - Aug 22 with 2354 viewsPhil_S

Nice to see as a group of fans us giving him a chance. I'm sure he'd be delighted when the players read this particular thread
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:15 - Aug 22 with 2344 viewsUxbridge

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:10 - Aug 22 by Darran

Another shit thread.
Give the bloke a break FFS.

Damn. I agree.

Seems a Swansea type of player. Might turn out really well.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:15 - Aug 22 with 2344 viewsjasonbromham

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:11 - Aug 22 by MagicDaps

I don't understand the negativity towards this signing on here, I can only assume a lot of you haven't seen him play.

For what we need, some extra cover in midfield capable of playing in our passing system the guy is perfect. He's rated similarly to Jake Livermore before he got his move to Hull on loan, and if he can do something similar then it'll be a great signing.

Exactly, I have watched him a number of timse in Europa League & has impressed me. Everyone is commenting & writing him off and they haven't even seen him play! Baffling to say the least. I think he will thrive with us, just a shame to me that it's not a permanent deal.

I think the last 2 signings will be Timothee Kolodziejczak & Madou Barrow. That's just my opinion though :)
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:16 - Aug 22 with 2337 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Don't get me wrong that is my first impression having read the QPR report on him

I am looking for some good reports as we speak
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:19 - Aug 22 with 2288 viewsRancid

If there's one club who I wouldn't value an opinion from it's QPR.Maybe his 40 yard passes over the top weren't up to scratch.

As long as he can read a game and keep it simple then he'll be worth trying out.We don't expect much more from our DM's.
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:21 - Aug 22 with 2257 viewsC_jack

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:11 - Aug 22 by MagicDaps

What negativity? were you expecting a huge swell of people rushing to the Liberty for the grand show off?

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:21 - Aug 22 with 2252 viewsSwan91

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:15 - Aug 22 by jasonbromham

Exactly, I have watched him a number of timse in Europa League & has impressed me. Everyone is commenting & writing him off and they haven't even seen him play! Baffling to say the least. I think he will thrive with us, just a shame to me that it's not a permanent deal.

I think the last 2 signings will be Timothee Kolodziejczak & Madou Barrow. That's just my opinion though :)

I agree. I haven't seen him play so I'm not giving an opinion, will wait to see him play. Also hoping it's with a view to buy but it's whatever.

I think it will be those 2 aswell.
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:22 - Aug 22 with 2234 viewsPhil_S

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:16 - Aug 22 by TenkosBlondeWig

Don't get me wrong that is my first impression having read the QPR report on him

I am looking for some good reports as we speak

The QPR report as in their forum comments?

Hell, lucky you aren't a Napoli fan having just signed Chico or Michu, you'd be suicidal!
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:25 - Aug 22 with 2192 viewsMagicDaps

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:21 - Aug 22 by C_jack

What negativity? were you expecting a huge swell of people rushing to the Liberty for the grand show off?

Well I wasn't expecting him to be written off as somebody who might be able to come on for ten minutes when we were winning games.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:26 - Aug 22 with 2174 viewsJack_Daniels

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:22 - Aug 22 by Phil_S

The QPR report as in their forum comments?

Hell, lucky you aren't a Napoli fan having just signed Chico or Michu, you'd be suicidal!

Im baffled how anyone who has seen the kid play can think its a bad signing, unless its the possibility that we may now miss out on Stambouli.

Carrolls a quality player, a lot of Spurs fans are disappointed he has not been given a chance to shine there.

I still think we will sign a DM anyway as Carroll is more of a CM
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:29 - Aug 22 with 2123 viewsC_jack

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:25 - Aug 22 by MagicDaps

Well I wasn't expecting him to be written off as somebody who might be able to come on for ten minutes when we were winning games.

Looks like he's cover for Leon at the moment, and relief for cup fixtures. He could probably do alright in the AM slot as well. Nothing negative about that.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:30 - Aug 22 with 2109 viewsChief

Given that we currently have 2 first team central midfielders out injured, surely signing this huy on loan from a top 6 club is a no brainer?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:31 - Aug 22 with 2099 viewslondonlisa2001

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:26 - Aug 22 by Jack_Daniels

Im baffled how anyone who has seen the kid play can think its a bad signing, unless its the possibility that we may now miss out on Stambouli.

Carrolls a quality player, a lot of Spurs fans are disappointed he has not been given a chance to shine there.

I still think we will sign a DM anyway as Carroll is more of a CM

Agreed! Lots of Spurs fans thought he'd break into their team or thereabouts this year.

By the way - I also don't know anything about Stambouli and I'm sure that most on here don't either other than a you tube clip.

For those saying it's another Josh Mceachran - it's just as likely of course to be another Caulker.
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:31 - Aug 22 with 2099 viewsrossshaw

QPR aren't Swansea. We all know how they like to play football. Their opinion is invalid!

Welcome to Swansea!!! :D
[Post edited 22 Aug 2014 13:32]

Trundle could still do a job..

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:35 - Aug 22 with 2024 viewslidojack

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:19 - Aug 22 by Rancid

If there's one club who I wouldn't value an opinion from it's QPR.Maybe his 40 yard passes over the top weren't up to scratch.

As long as he can read a game and keep it simple then he'll be worth trying out.We don't expect much more from our DM's.

He'll certainly be more comfortable in our style of play.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024