Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Caroll signed on loan 12:28 - Aug 22 with 14191 viewsSwan91

[Post edited 22 Aug 2014 12:32]
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:37 - Aug 22 with 2702 viewsshandyjack

so people are disappointed that we have seen a guy who most have seen play live on tele or in person has signed for us to supplement the midfield over someone who nobody on this forum bar the odd person has seen play minus a few youtube clips.

Maybe Leon is closer to fitness than we thought and the club feel that having 2 CDM already is enough (Leon and Ki), then we have JJS,Carroll,Gylfi, Fulton and Emnes (AM) when fit. we can only play 3 at any given time we don't need too many numbers.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:39 - Aug 22 with 2686 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:19 - Aug 22 by Rancid

If there's one club who I wouldn't value an opinion from it's QPR.Maybe his 40 yard passes over the top weren't up to scratch.

As long as he can read a game and keep it simple then he'll be worth trying out.We don't expect much more from our DM's.

Is he a DM then?

I read that he has been likened to Luka Modric and is a creative player.

I'm confused now.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:42 - Aug 22 with 2662 viewsC_jack

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:39 - Aug 22 by Joe_bradshaw

Is he a DM then?

I'm confused now.

As much as Shelvey is a 'DM' really, he does come back to defend but also has licence to go forward and create.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:42 - Aug 22 with 2661 viewsJack_Daniels

Is he a DM then?

I'm confused now.

Maybe similar to Modric in stature but different players.

Carroll has very similar qualities to joey allen imo.

Definitely not an out and out defensive midfielder.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2014 13:43]
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:45 - Aug 22 with 2635 viewseastbanker

Been called the new Modric and he didn't turn out too badly.
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:47 - Aug 22 with 2611 viewsNeath_Jack

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:45 - Aug 22 by eastbanker

Been called the new Modric and he didn't turn out too badly.

Just for balance, Sean Mac was nicknamed Zidane, and he wasn't much cop.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:56 - Aug 22 with 2537 viewseddie71

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:37 - Aug 22 by shandyjack

so people are disappointed that we have seen a guy who most have seen play live on tele or in person has signed for us to supplement the midfield over someone who nobody on this forum bar the odd person has seen play minus a few youtube clips.

Maybe Leon is closer to fitness than we thought and the club feel that having 2 CDM already is enough (Leon and Ki), then we have JJS,Carroll,Gylfi, Fulton and Emnes (AM) when fit. we can only play 3 at any given time we don't need too many numbers.

I don't think Ki is a proper defensive mid and Leon for all his excellence is 32 in three weeks so I would say we need a properly aggresive dynamic midfielder. Like Stambouli who appears to be on the move somewhere.

http://www.football365.com/match/3730985/preview

Or failing that Jack Cork.

As for Tom Carroll of course everyone wants him to be a success at Swansea why would anybody want otherwise ? Incidentially I hope we have a an option to buy so we are not just developing someone else's player.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2014 13:58]
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 14:17 - Aug 22 with 2404 viewstomdickharry

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:10 - Aug 22 by Darran

Another shit thread.
Give the bloke a break FFS.

Dead right Daz,Carroll is an extremely good left FOOTBALLER with an eye for a pass and not afraid to put his foot in. Very good signing who will surprise many of the doubters.
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 14:18 - Aug 22 with 2390 viewsQuakerJack

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:10 - Aug 22 by Darran

Another shit thread.
Give the bloke a break FFS.

Init!!!

So he's young and English therefore must be shit like McEachran?

Let's give this feller a chance is it? Fcuk me!

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 14:23 - Aug 22 with 2355 viewsshandyjack

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 14:17 - Aug 22 by tomdickharry

Dead right Daz,Carroll is an extremely good left FOOTBALLER with an eye for a pass and not afraid to put his foot in. Very good signing who will surprise many of the doubters.

also be nice to have a left footed ball player on the park as it should help spread play naturally down the right

Poll: Expectation for the season

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 14:32 - Aug 22 with 2284 viewshooplehead

never seen him play but was listening to the spurs wheeler dealer podcast last week and they feel his level is league 2

probably an exaggeration but doesn't sound that promising
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 14:44 - Aug 22 with 2240 viewsLeonisGod

Is he a DM then?

I'm confused now.

Deep lying playmaker. Think Mark Gower sitting alongside Leon. Sounds as though he might use the ball a bit more quickly than Ki, which is no bad thing at times. He's a tiny bloke though, so we'll be back to having a pint-sized midfield if he does play alongside Leon. As others have said it will take a while for him to dislodge Ki/Shelvey I would have thought. Maybe looking with a view to a permanent move next season if he does well?
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 14:45 - Aug 22 with 2231 viewslondonlisa2001

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 14:32 - Aug 22 by hooplehead

never seen him play but was listening to the spurs wheeler dealer podcast last week and they feel his level is league 2

probably an exaggeration but doesn't sound that promising

Well this is an interesting piece on him from April.

"Head coach Tim Sherwood has backed youngster Tom Carroll to fill the creative void left by Luka Modric, and believes the QPR loanee has qualities the current Spurs squad lacks.

The 21-year-old has enjoyed a successful loan spell at Loftus Road, making 26 appearances and helping former Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp's side secure a place in the Championship play-offs as they bid to return to the Premier League.

And Sherwood, who coached Carroll for the Under-21s, is convinced the youngster is capable of fulfilling the same role Modric did before leaving for Real Madrid, while he also revealed he tried to terminate his QPR loan early."
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 14:50 - Aug 22 with 2205 viewsmonmouth

Could be Ki's stalling on a new contract? Soz if I've missed any developments on that front.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 15:40 - Aug 22 with 2025 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

The QPR review of him following last season's loan deal wasn't good
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 15:42 - Aug 22 with 2015 viewsClinton

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 14:50 - Aug 22 by monmouth

Could be Ki's stalling on a new contract? Soz if I've missed any developments on that front.

So weve taken a punt on the lad. Were not relying on him for anything and I guess hes not costing much in wages.
Someone must have seen something in him, could be a Siggy recommendation maybe ?
So what s the problem?
Wait and see, hope for the best. I wish the lad well.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 15:57 - Aug 22 with 1947 viewsraynor94

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 15:40 - Aug 22 by TenkosBlondeWig

The QPR review of him following last season's loan deal wasn't good

So you are writing him off on that basis, without having seen him play? mental!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 15:57 - Aug 22 with 1936 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He's quite clearly a back up and so I hope he gets very limited game time here as any game time he gets would be at the expense of players far more talented than himself.

That being said I hope he enjoys his time here.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 15:58 - Aug 22 with 1941 viewsAJ101

Spurs fan here, I was a member back when Caulker was on loan but I think the forum has changed since then :-)

Most of the people including myself who watch the spurs youngsters had very high hopes for Tom, Caulker and him were our stand out players at U18 level when they were that age.

He hasn't developed as quickly/much as most had hoped but maybe that was having too high expectations of him, he's definitely a Swansea type player in style but more from the time when you played 3 flat central mid-fielders back in 2011/2012.

He's a deep lying play-maker with good quick passing more short but he's a decent passer when going longer or to the wings as well. His dribbling is ok but nothing special really he's someone who will help your midfield tick over taking the ball from the center backs and passing it forward or out wide.

His defensive positioning is good but he's very lightweight so he does struggle at times especially if he's trying to stop someone to the side of him rather than someone directly in front. You certainly wouldn't call him a defensive midfielder in the traditional sense he's much more of a deep lying play-maker in the way Allen was for you (but probably slightly deeper).

I haven't watched much of Swansea last season I have to say so not too sure what options you have but with Siggy presumably in the no10 role and playing two wide men you'd have to have another deep midfielder with him I'd have thought.

He was basically wasted at QPR I watched 10 games or so in the first half of the season and he did his job but was very isolated at times and after picking the ball up as the other midfielders gave him very few options which I wouldn't expect at Swansea and when they didn't have the ball they took their time getting back in to position.

Whether he's good enough to be a starter for you yet I'd have some doubts to be honest but like I say I didn't watch much of you at all last season so I'm not qualified to give an opinion on your other options in midfield (other than Siggy obviously). I think he'll do a decent job but not sure if he's better than what you have.

As to why we've loaned him well even with the EL we've got 5 full international midfielders plus possibly Holtby for two spots so rather overcrowded. Personally I'd have liked to have sold off Paulinho and let TC stay for the Europa League but happy that he's going to you guys rather than another loan to the likes of QPR...
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 16:03 - Aug 22 with 1922 viewsmonmouth

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 15:58 - Aug 22 by AJ101

Spurs fan here, I was a member back when Caulker was on loan but I think the forum has changed since then :-)

Most of the people including myself who watch the spurs youngsters had very high hopes for Tom, Caulker and him were our stand out players at U18 level when they were that age.

He hasn't developed as quickly/much as most had hoped but maybe that was having too high expectations of him, he's definitely a Swansea type player in style but more from the time when you played 3 flat central mid-fielders back in 2011/2012.

He's a deep lying play-maker with good quick passing more short but he's a decent passer when going longer or to the wings as well. His dribbling is ok but nothing special really he's someone who will help your midfield tick over taking the ball from the center backs and passing it forward or out wide.

His defensive positioning is good but he's very lightweight so he does struggle at times especially if he's trying to stop someone to the side of him rather than someone directly in front. You certainly wouldn't call him a defensive midfielder in the traditional sense he's much more of a deep lying play-maker in the way Allen was for you (but probably slightly deeper).

I haven't watched much of Swansea last season I have to say so not too sure what options you have but with Siggy presumably in the no10 role and playing two wide men you'd have to have another deep midfielder with him I'd have thought.

He was basically wasted at QPR I watched 10 games or so in the first half of the season and he did his job but was very isolated at times and after picking the ball up as the other midfielders gave him very few options which I wouldn't expect at Swansea and when they didn't have the ball they took their time getting back in to position.

Whether he's good enough to be a starter for you yet I'd have some doubts to be honest but like I say I didn't watch much of you at all last season so I'm not qualified to give an opinion on your other options in midfield (other than Siggy obviously). I think he'll do a decent job but not sure if he's better than what you have.

As to why we've loaned him well even with the EL we've got 5 full international midfielders plus possibly Holtby for two spots so rather overcrowded. Personally I'd have liked to have sold off Paulinho and let TC stay for the Europa League but happy that he's going to you guys rather than another loan to the likes of QPR...

Are you pleased with swapping Ben Davies for The Sig.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2014 16:04]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 16:27 - Aug 22 with 1802 viewsicecoldjack

I think some people are looking at this signing the worng way. For Tom to work his way through Spurs massive squad of quality midfielders he wont be a mug !

Lets be honest,there are top level players signed by Spurs who failed to make the breakthrough at Spurs ! so for this kid to break through that is testament to his attitude and talent.

I understand the Josh Mc comparisons , truely over hyped beyond belief but i think this lad from Spurs will fit perfect for us, he will have plenty of ability and will do a job when called upon, a think its a great signing myself.

We must also remember that no top level player is going to come here to sit behind Leon Britton in the pecking order.

Its a low risk signing and a signing made purely to back up our number 1 players like Ki,jonjo and leon .
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 16:44 - Aug 22 with 1740 viewsAJ101

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 16:03 - Aug 22 by monmouth

Are you pleased with swapping Ben Davies for The Sig.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2014 16:04]

I think it was a good deal for both teams as we desperately need a replacement for Rose (who never should have been our first choice LB last season but spilt milk and all that) and you guys needed a No.10 as Michu had left.

Siggy scored some important goals for us but never really hit the heights he did for you in his first season, partly that can be put down to him being played on the left some of the time but he was just unlucky in that lots of his shots hit the post/bar or went just wide whereas they seem to just go in when he's playing for the swans. When he did get to play in the no.10 role he didn't seem that confident and I think he'd have been stuck on the left if he'd stayed which isn't his best position.

I wish him all the best though and will never (alcohol dependent) forget his pass to Bale to get the first goal against Arsenal in 2013.

Davies hasn't looked great so far but a new team and all that so hopefully he'll come good for us, I didn't see him last year but he impressed me when he came in after Taylors injury for both you guys and Wales.
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 16:52 - Aug 22 with 1712 viewsClinton

AJ101 - thanks for the thoughtful insights.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 17:09 - Aug 22 with 1640 viewsTheFranchise

Tom Caroll signed on loan on 13:08 - Aug 22 by Rancid

Maybe he's learned from one of the best DM's, Scott Parker at Spurs.

Holy fecksicles, the only people that rated scott parker are the idiot english media. He spent 90 minutes chasing balls he lost.
Tom Caroll signed on loan on 18:49 - Aug 22 with 1456 viewsScoobyWho

This guy has been passed around Orient, Derby, QPR and now us. He sounds like the new josh McCraechan or whatever he was called. He may well fit in because of how we play but I cant see him getting in ahead of Fulton when fit or Britton.

A lad in work said it was more like Spurs weakening us by letting I'm come to us, QPR fans hated him.

Cant see the point.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024