Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Memory lane, Swansea pubs. 19:08 - Sep 25 with 28739 viewsdickythorpe

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/15-Swansea-pubs-called-orders-served-pin

The Antelope is having a lot of work done i noticed.
Memory lane, Swansea pubs. on 18:24 - Sep 30 with 1595 viewsjack_lord

Memory lane, Swansea pubs. on 13:42 - Sep 30 by scottishjack

Yep, very nice lady although her name has escaped me (Sue?) ... She has been there for a good few years and it's a lovely restaurant, just gets muddled between people having a meal, and folks who just want a drink.

Sue used to be the landlady of the White Rose and that must have been about 13 years ago she murdered Vincents ( I mean took the standard 6 months off sick - stress related before they took over Vincents).
Maybe I have met you over the time as I was a regular in Sammy Joe's before it became Uncle Sam's. I went to court for Courage to get public support for the new pub ".

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Memory lane, Swansea pubs. on 18:44 - Sep 30 with 1580 viewsscottishjack

Memory lane, Swansea pubs. on 18:24 - Sep 30 by jack_lord

Sue used to be the landlady of the White Rose and that must have been about 13 years ago she murdered Vincents ( I mean took the standard 6 months off sick - stress related before they took over Vincents).
Maybe I have met you over the time as I was a regular in Sammy Joe's before it became Uncle Sam's. I went to court for Courage to get public support for the new pub ".

My parents were Bridget and Stan, Scottish couple that had the laundrette up the road. My old man walked with a limp.
Memory lane, Swansea pubs. on 18:55 - Sep 30 with 1569 viewsStarsky

Memory lane, Swansea pubs. on 18:44 - Sep 30 by scottishjack

My parents were Bridget and Stan, Scottish couple that had the laundrette up the road. My old man walked with a limp.

I'm so sorry but that last sentence made me burst out laughing.
Soo random

It's just the internet, init.

Memory lane, Swansea pubs. on 18:59 - Sep 30 with 1565 viewsscottishjack

Memory lane, Swansea pubs. on 18:55 - Sep 30 by Starsky

I'm so sorry but that last sentence made me burst out laughing.
Soo random

No worries, but that was how most people remembered him!!! I'm really not doing him justice here!

He had polio when he was a kid...ffs! I'm talking myself round in circles here and not helping the situation am I?
Memory lane, Swansea pubs. on 18:59 - Sep 30 with 1565 viewsGowerjack

Memory lane, Swansea pubs. on 16:56 - Sep 30 by fbreath

Was the Burrows Arms the one right down the bottom where La Brasserie etc is now.

If it is, used to go in there when I was around 15 (this would have been around 1976). It was where all the tramps and alcoholics went. Was minging, we used to drink in the small pool room at the back. They would take any ones money.

There was also a pub on the corner opposite where Fridays is now. What was that called

Oh yes

The Burrows was a sh tehole

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024