Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Cost Of Football 07:57 - Oct 15 with 7865 viewsPhil_S

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29614980
The Cost Of Football on 08:04 - Oct 15 with 6625 viewsPhil_S

And broken down in table format

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29527838
The Cost Of Football on 08:31 - Oct 15 with 6582 viewslifelong

The write up on Wales Online this morning made me smile, "swansea is the most expensive place in Wales to watch football" or words to that effect, (unable to put link up at the moment). Yet Cardiff City's most expensive season ticket is almost £200 more than ours.
The Cost Of Football on 08:40 - Oct 15 with 6565 viewsJackhero

even the conference teams charge more to watch them than the 4 top teams in Germany. It's a disgrace.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

The Cost Of Football on 08:49 - Oct 15 with 6549 viewsDDCH

Have struggled this year with the cost of the football. Looking at the table I can see why. My Mrs said as my little one gets a bit older maybe we could all go to games. Unfortunately the costs are massively prohibitive.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

The Cost Of Football on 09:47 - Oct 15 with 6479 viewsWolfie

The Cost Of Football on 08:49 - Oct 15 by DDCH

Have struggled this year with the cost of the football. Looking at the table I can see why. My Mrs said as my little one gets a bit older maybe we could all go to games. Unfortunately the costs are massively prohibitive.

Excatly the same position mate.

The 4 of us have gone to the Capital One games this season and the whole family had a great time. Absolutley no chance of that happening for a league game (even if it was possible to get 4 seats sat together which it's not).

Poll: What is your favourite colour on a pie chart?

The Cost Of Football on 09:52 - Oct 15 with 6469 viewsWolfie

Phil, is the Trust going to take any action on this issue?

By that I mean contacting other trusts and supporters groups to try and organise some kind of co-ordinated push back? Protests / walk outs / boycott of merchandise etc etc.

The only way we'll get anywhere is with fans uniting across the country saying NO MORE.

The Cost Of Football on 10:08 - Oct 15 with 6439 viewsItchySphincter

The Cost Of Football on 08:31 - Oct 15 by lifelong

The write up on Wales Online this morning made me smile, "swansea is the most expensive place in Wales to watch football" or words to that effect, (unable to put link up at the moment). Yet Cardiff City's most expensive season ticket is almost £200 more than ours.

I haven't seen the article but they done it before. The difference between our cheapest and most expensive ticket isn't that much so although our most expensive is relatively cheap our cheapest is not. They probably decided to factor in the price of a pie and programme and go down that route again.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Cost Of Football on 10:21 - Oct 15 with 6423 viewsBatterseajack

Goes to show that all that extra TV money doesn't filter down to the fans.
Login to get fewer ads

The Cost Of Football on 12:00 - Oct 15 with 6341 viewsClinton

Our most expensive season ticket compares favourably to most Championship clubs.
we do OK

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The Cost Of Football on 12:04 - Oct 15 with 6335 viewsWolfie

The Cost Of Football on 12:00 - Oct 15 by Clinton

Our most expensive season ticket compares favourably to most Championship clubs.
we do OK

What about £35 or £40 for a match day ticket though? Is that expensive?

What about £45 & £50 for away games? Is that expensive?

Honestly, while we have people like you who think it's acceptable to be charged the earth to line the pockets of agents and players we'll never get things changed.

Read the post above about the price to watch German football.

The Cost Of Football on 12:31 - Oct 15 with 6288 viewsJBT95

The Cost Of Football on 12:04 - Oct 15 by Wolfie

What about £35 or £40 for a match day ticket though? Is that expensive?

What about £45 & £50 for away games? Is that expensive?

Honestly, while we have people like you who think it's acceptable to be charged the earth to line the pockets of agents and players we'll never get things changed.

Read the post above about the price to watch German football.

The Premier League need to bring in an all game away charge of £25-30.

I feel sorry for the proper Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea fans etc who have been going 40 odd years, paying probably £50 every single game.

One thing that is disgusting certain clubs charge more to away fans than home fans, through 'members discount' or offering members a 16-21/early bird rate etc. I think that is wrong.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2014 12:33]
The Cost Of Football on 16:59 - Oct 15 with 6123 viewsGram2086

Phil

What is the Trust's current policy on the following which emerge from the figures:

1. 15 clubs out of the 20 have cheaper days out than we do.

2. 8 clubs have cheaper season tickets than we do

3. Only 4 clubs have more expensive tickets in the cheapest category

Given that Swansea has as high an incidence of social deprivation as any Premier League club is it not time for the Trust to take a public stand and denounce the Club's current pricing structure as unjustifiable when measured by reference to the prosperity of community which it supposedly serves?
The Cost Of Football on 17:16 - Oct 15 with 6097 viewsmonmouth

In general, and with us, until people start voting with their feet all the rest is just a pointless waste of hot air.

Ground is full; season tickets at max volume; there is as much chance of the prices going down as politicians taking a wage cut.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Cost Of Football on 17:17 - Oct 15 with 6091 viewsBatterseajack

The Cost Of Football on 17:16 - Oct 15 by monmouth

In general, and with us, until people start voting with their feet all the rest is just a pointless waste of hot air.

Ground is full; season tickets at max volume; there is as much chance of the prices going down as politicians taking a wage cut.

So what's the point of having a supporters trust then?
The Cost Of Football on 17:25 - Oct 15 with 6078 viewsLeonisGod

The Cost Of Football on 16:59 - Oct 15 by Gram2086

Phil

What is the Trust's current policy on the following which emerge from the figures:

1. 15 clubs out of the 20 have cheaper days out than we do.

2. 8 clubs have cheaper season tickets than we do

3. Only 4 clubs have more expensive tickets in the cheapest category

Given that Swansea has as high an incidence of social deprivation as any Premier League club is it not time for the Trust to take a public stand and denounce the Club's current pricing structure as unjustifiable when measured by reference to the prosperity of community which it supposedly serves?

But the figures aren't being properly reported. Lies, damn lies and statistics and all that. It would be much more meaningful to see the distribution of costs. What are the majority of fans spending. I would imagine we come out of that very well - virtually everyone is on the c. £440 mark for a season ticket, whereas many fans will be paying over this at other clubs. And it £23 really such a bad deal to watch the quality of football we see each week?

Match-day tickets are expensive relative to season tickets. But again, the stats don't tell the whole story - we do very well in the 'most expensive' category, with only 4 teams charging less than £45. But we seem expensive at £35 in the 'cheapest' category. Why? Because other clubs have all sorts of sh1ty restricted views or run a very small number of matches at knock-down prices. But the vast majority of their fans will normally pay well above this. In other words, or flat pricing strategy doesn't do us any favours in these types of surveys, but provides better value to a greater number of fans.

And we run excellent deals for other matches. Cup matches this season have been excellent value imo. And the group stage deal last season for the Europa league was also good.

And no, I don't work for the club.

Edit - don't get me wrong, I would be more than happy to see a price reduction. But the picture being painted by those headline figures far from tells the true story.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2014 17:28]
The Cost Of Football on 17:25 - Oct 15 with 6078 viewsDr_Winston

If similarly sized clubs like WBA can charge nearly £100 less than us for their cheapest season ticket then work obviously needs to be done.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Cost Of Football on 17:27 - Oct 15 with 6076 viewsLeonisGod

The Cost Of Football on 17:25 - Oct 15 by Dr_Winston

If similarly sized clubs like WBA can charge nearly £100 less than us for their cheapest season ticket then work obviously needs to be done.

How many do they sell at that price though?
The Cost Of Football on 17:55 - Oct 15 with 6047 viewsbuilthjack

The Cost Of Football on 17:27 - Oct 15 by LeonisGod

Liverpool mid week carling cup at £29 is way too much.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Cost Of Football on 18:26 - Oct 15 with 6005 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

To the people justifying our prices because our most expensive season ticket is reasonable compared to others, who cares?

The average fan cares about how much the cheapest season ticket is. Dear me.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Cost Of Football on 19:03 - Oct 15 with 5946 viewsLeonisGod

The Cost Of Football on 18:26 - Oct 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

To the people justifying our prices because our most expensive season ticket is reasonable compared to others, who cares?

The average fan cares about how much the cheapest season ticket is. Dear me.

The average fan cares about how much they are most likely to have to pay. If you think that those cheapest deals elsewhere are available for all, then I'll have some of what you're smoking. We could offer 10 £10 season tickets so we look good on the survey, but that wouldn't help most of us.

£23 it costs to watch us in the premier league if you can commit. Can anyone seriously say that is bad value?
The Cost Of Football on 19:37 - Oct 15 with 5906 viewsDr_Winston

The Cost Of Football on 17:27 - Oct 15 by LeonisGod

Does it matter?

How much would cutting £100 off the price of a season ticket cost over the course of a season? £1.6m. We spent more than that borrowing Josh McEachran. It's a little over 10% of our last declared profit, yet a major benefit for supporters.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Cost Of Football on 19:50 - Oct 15 with 5881 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Cost Of Football on 19:03 - Oct 15 by LeonisGod

The average fan cares about how much they are most likely to have to pay. If you think that those cheapest deals elsewhere are available for all, then I'll have some of what you're smoking. We could offer 10 £10 season tickets so we look good on the survey, but that wouldn't help most of us.

£23 it costs to watch us in the premier league if you can commit. Can anyone seriously say that is bad value?

I don't believe our matchday tickets are £23.

The Cost Of Football on 19:58 - Oct 15 with 5866 viewsjackforever

The Cost Of Football on 19:37 - Oct 15 by Dr_Winston

Does it matter?

How much would cutting £100 off the price of a season ticket cost over the course of a season? £1.6m. We spent more than that borrowing Josh McEachran. It's a little over 10% of our last declared profit, yet a major benefit for supporters.

Great post. What you tend to see is some fans who can comfortably afford it think its great value and the rest find it a hell of a lot of money. A season ticket for myself and daughter in the east stand is a massive wedge out of our household imcome especially as i have only had pay cuts over the past 5 years. And where does my money go into the pockets of millionaires . Thats the crazy world of modern football. And a world im not sure how long i can carry on paying the privilege for.
The Cost Of Football on 20:01 - Oct 15 with 5855 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Cost Of Football on 19:58 - Oct 15 by jackforever

Great post. What you tend to see is some fans who can comfortably afford it think its great value and the rest find it a hell of a lot of money. A season ticket for myself and daughter in the east stand is a massive wedge out of our household imcome especially as i have only had pay cuts over the past 5 years. And where does my money go into the pockets of millionaires . Thats the crazy world of modern football. And a world im not sure how long i can carry on paying the privilege for.

Hopefully the Supporters Trust will one day soon realise this and put forward ideas and ways to reduce ticket prices to the board seeing as the only 'average man' on the board now is the Swansea City Supports Trust director.

The Cost Of Football on 20:06 - Oct 15 with 5851 viewsDr_Winston

The Cost Of Football on 19:58 - Oct 15 by jackforever

For all the talk of us being a "model club", this is the model that we should be aiming to become. It won't happen because the board have become profiteers and our supporters rep seemingly disinterested in fighting for those who put him there, but it should.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024