Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And some call this board ... 21:35 - Oct 16 with 3208 viewswespens

.. for having a poor opinion of SOME of those who post on the old Fansonline - I'm sorry but if anyone can defend some of the comments on this thread then they have clearly lost a sense of perspective!

http://fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=1979339

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

And some call this board ... on 21:38 - Oct 16 with 2416 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Paranoia, pique and just plain nastiness all in one thread.

Someone I really like asked me if `I'd go back over there. While that kind of thing is being posted unchecked, I guess I'll not bother.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

And some call this board ... on 22:10 - Oct 16 with 2392 viewsWizaard

And people can't understand why there is talk of legal action...

It's simply unnecessary. Protest by all means, but wishing death on a whole family? Really?
And some call this board ... on 22:26 - Oct 16 with 2379 viewsBigbrother

And some call this board ... on 22:10 - Oct 16 by Wizaard

And people can't understand why there is talk of legal action...

It's simply unnecessary. Protest by all means, but wishing death on a whole family? Really?

Just been reading about Richard Madeley saying he's going to take action against those who hoped his daughters gets raped after what his wife said about Ched Evans. How tragic in a so called civilised society that people feel they can hide behind Twitter accounts and usernames to make such vile and unacceptable comments. Beggars belief so many people seem to want to read such comments!

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

And some call this board ... on 22:42 - Oct 16 with 2363 viewsBFC_Tim

And some call this board ... on 22:26 - Oct 16 by Bigbrother

Just been reading about Richard Madeley saying he's going to take action against those who hoped his daughters gets raped after what his wife said about Ched Evans. How tragic in a so called civilised society that people feel they can hide behind Twitter accounts and usernames to make such vile and unacceptable comments. Beggars belief so many people seem to want to read such comments!

That board has been taking over by the lunatics sadly - still has the best threads and 95% are excellent posters but 5% drag it down to gutter level.

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

And some call this board ... on 22:47 - Oct 16 with 2354 viewsjanegallagher

' Beggars belief so many people seem to want to read such comments!'

Beggars belief someone would want to write such comments.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

And some call this board ... on 22:56 - Oct 16 with 2335 viewsHarryHorse

And some call this board ... on 22:42 - Oct 16 by BFC_Tim

That board has been taking over by the lunatics sadly - still has the best threads and 95% are excellent posters but 5% drag it down to gutter level.

Actually not a bad op .Some daft responses but the vast majority are heartfelt and honest and not advocating death to anyone . I'm afraid there is a touch of the "holier than thou" over here which doesn't do anyone any favours ..Having said that the boards are so different I am enjoying looking at both and slowly starting to contribute a little more to this one
And some call this board ... (n/t) on 23:16 - Oct 16 with 2321 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

And some call this board ... on 22:56 - Oct 16 by HarryHorse

Actually not a bad op .Some daft responses but the vast majority are heartfelt and honest and not advocating death to anyone . I'm afraid there is a touch of the "holier than thou" over here which doesn't do anyone any favours ..Having said that the boards are so different I am enjoying looking at both and slowly starting to contribute a little more to this one

When some are wishing others dead, and/or "fed to the pigs", you have to ask yourself what kind of people they are. Or what kind of drugs they are on.

[Post edited 16 Oct 2014 23:22]

And some call this board ... (n/t) on 23:34 - Oct 16 with 2302 viewsHarryHorse

And some call this board ... (n/t) on 23:16 - Oct 16 by basilrobbiereborn

When some are wishing others dead, and/or "fed to the pigs", you have to ask yourself what kind of people they are. Or what kind of drugs they are on.

[Post edited 16 Oct 2014 23:22]

You'll always get some extreme views Robbie , you must know that from all your time as a moderator . Ask yourself what sort of people they are by all means but they aren't representative of the majority of the responses on that thread are they ?

Edited for grammar
[Post edited 16 Oct 2014 23:43]
Login to get fewer ads

And some call this board ... (n/t) on 01:12 - Oct 17 with 2280 viewshertfordseasider

And some call this board ... (n/t) on 23:34 - Oct 16 by HarryHorse

You'll always get some extreme views Robbie , you must know that from all your time as a moderator . Ask yourself what sort of people they are by all means but they aren't representative of the majority of the responses on that thread are they ?

Edited for grammar
[Post edited 16 Oct 2014 23:43]

It's actually 2 posters, one who does the majority. The question itself wasn't a bad one. I ignore stuff from the protagonist on there and he has been like that for a long time.

There is an element of unintelligent nastiness there, wishing ill on people and name calling. Personally I hate it and as I said on there wish no harm to anyone, and I don't understand why anyone else would either.

However, the board still has a lot of good posters amongst the idiots, of which there is a minority. I read and post on both and I think there are positives on both, although Harry is right about the "holier than thou" comment, on the whole that thread had reasonable replies and no one of sound mind is going to agree with clearly deranged posts.

This place needs more posters or it will die, you need to be a tad more accommodating generally.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2014 1:16]
And some call this board ... (n/t) on 03:43 - Oct 17 with 2258 viewsseasider13

And some call this board ... (n/t) on 01:12 - Oct 17 by hertfordseasider

It's actually 2 posters, one who does the majority. The question itself wasn't a bad one. I ignore stuff from the protagonist on there and he has been like that for a long time.

There is an element of unintelligent nastiness there, wishing ill on people and name calling. Personally I hate it and as I said on there wish no harm to anyone, and I don't understand why anyone else would either.

However, the board still has a lot of good posters amongst the idiots, of which there is a minority. I read and post on both and I think there are positives on both, although Harry is right about the "holier than thou" comment, on the whole that thread had reasonable replies and no one of sound mind is going to agree with clearly deranged posts.

This place needs more posters or it will die, you need to be a tad more accommodating generally.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2014 1:16]

I like to think the good out-weighs the bad on the old site, i just ignore the dross.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

And some call this board ... (n/t) on 08:18 - Oct 17 with 2227 viewsCurryman

And some call this board ... (n/t) on 03:43 - Oct 17 by seasider13

I like to think the good out-weighs the bad on the old site, i just ignore the dross.

I read both boards, and occasionally add to both, but must admit to ignoring some threads due to the nonesense that is spouted.

As Wiz so succunctly puts it, protest by all means, but wishing death on a whole family? Really?

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

And some call this board ... (n/t) on 13:48 - Oct 17 with 2189 views20togo

And some call this board ... (n/t) on 08:18 - Oct 17 by Curryman

I read both boards, and occasionally add to both, but must admit to ignoring some threads due to the nonesense that is spouted.

As Wiz so succunctly puts it, protest by all means, but wishing death on a whole family? Really?

thing is though hertford, there is also good posters on there who come out with idiotic comments.
And some call this board ... on 13:54 - Oct 17 with 2176 viewsVMcB

And some call this board ... on 21:38 - Oct 16 by basilrobbiereborn

Paranoia, pique and just plain nastiness all in one thread.

Someone I really like asked me if `I'd go back over there. While that kind of thing is being posted unchecked, I guess I'll not bother.

I wish you would come back too.

Anyway, I hadn't read the thread till now - not unchecked any more, it's been modded all over the place, no death threats on there now thank goodness.
And some call this board ... on 16:29 - Oct 17 with 2071 viewsParasitestogo

And some call this board ... on 13:54 - Oct 17 by VMcB

I wish you would come back too.

Anyway, I hadn't read the thread till now - not unchecked any more, it's been modded all over the place, no death threats on there now thank goodness.

Wishing someone would die is a normal feeling though if your life had been ruined by a greedy horrible family.if i had been bankrupted or had parents ripped off i would feel the same as i am sure most people would .If even half the stories we keep hearing are true it could not happen top nicer people.One disgusting story i am aware of i know for a fact is true and those still supporting them are a disgrace and obviously haven,t a clue
And some call this board ... on 16:41 - Oct 17 with 2061 viewsHappy_Satsuma

PSTG - if what you say has any credibility then surely we'll hear those stories in the future. The O's have stuck their head above the parapet and if they have done wrong by others they can rightfully expect to be shot at.

All of that said, there's few examples I'd wish someone dead and certainly not over money squabbles. I also doubt if the posters who made the comments are in such a position to have been in dispute over money with the O's!

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

And some call this board ... on 17:36 - Oct 17 with 2028 viewsArchibaldKnox

And some call this board ... on 16:41 - Oct 17 by Happy_Satsuma

PSTG - if what you say has any credibility then surely we'll hear those stories in the future. The O's have stuck their head above the parapet and if they have done wrong by others they can rightfully expect to be shot at.

All of that said, there's few examples I'd wish someone dead and certainly not over money squabbles. I also doubt if the posters who made the comments are in such a position to have been in dispute over money with the O's!

Well, some say that football crowds mirror society's broad spectrum, being the national game and all that. From the Mayor and his rich cronies at the top to the serf at the bottom. From the non-swearing teetotal church-going well-educated civil servant to the foul-mouthed beer-swilling illiterate dustbin man. And yet each can have their fouler morals and enlightened generous moments, counter to what is expected of them.

Tommy.

I went into a public 'ouse to get a pint o' beer,
The publican 'e up an' sez, " We serve no red-coats here."
The girls be'ind the bar they laughed an' giggled fit to die,
I outs into the street again an' to myself sez I:
O it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' " Tommy, go away " ;
But it's " Thank you, Mister Atkins," when the band begins to play
The band begins to play, my boys, the band begins to play,
O it's " Thank you, Mister Atkins," when the band begins to play.

I went into a theatre as sober as could be,
They gave a drunk civilian room, but 'adn't none for me;
They sent me to the gallery or round the music-'alls,
But when it comes to fightin', Lord! they'll shove me in the stalls!
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' " Tommy, wait outside ";
But it's " Special train for Atkins " when the trooper's on the tide
The troopship's on the tide, my boys, the troopship's on the tide,
O it's " Special train for Atkins " when the trooper's on the tide.

Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep
Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap.
An' hustlin' drunken soldiers when they're goin' large a bit
Is five times better business than paradin' in full kit.
Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an` Tommy, 'ow's yer soul? "
But it's " Thin red line of 'eroes " when the drums begin to roll
The drums begin to roll, my boys, the drums begin to roll,
O it's " Thin red line of 'eroes, " when the drums begin to roll.

We aren't no thin red 'eroes, nor we aren't no blackguards too,
But single men in barricks, most remarkable like you;
An' if sometimes our conduck isn't all your fancy paints,
Why, single men in barricks don't grow into plaster saints;
While it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an` Tommy, fall be'ind,"
But it's " Please to walk in front, sir," when there's trouble in the wind
There's trouble in the wind, my boys, there's trouble in the wind,
O it's " Please to walk in front, sir," when there's trouble in the wind.

You talk o' better food for us, an' schools, an' fires, an' all:
We'll wait for extry rations if you treat us rational.
Don't mess about the cook-room slops, but prove it to our face
The Widow's Uniform is not the soldier-man's disgrace.
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an` Chuck him out, the brute! "
But it's " Saviour of 'is country " when the guns begin to shoot;
An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;
An 'Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool - you bet that Tommy sees!

(RK, 1892)
And some call this board ... on 19:40 - Oct 17 with 1987 viewsclarkestattoo

And some call this board ... on 17:36 - Oct 17 by ArchibaldKnox

Well, some say that football crowds mirror society's broad spectrum, being the national game and all that. From the Mayor and his rich cronies at the top to the serf at the bottom. From the non-swearing teetotal church-going well-educated civil servant to the foul-mouthed beer-swilling illiterate dustbin man. And yet each can have their fouler morals and enlightened generous moments, counter to what is expected of them.

Tommy.

I went into a public 'ouse to get a pint o' beer,
The publican 'e up an' sez, " We serve no red-coats here."
The girls be'ind the bar they laughed an' giggled fit to die,
I outs into the street again an' to myself sez I:
O it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' " Tommy, go away " ;
But it's " Thank you, Mister Atkins," when the band begins to play
The band begins to play, my boys, the band begins to play,
O it's " Thank you, Mister Atkins," when the band begins to play.

I went into a theatre as sober as could be,
They gave a drunk civilian room, but 'adn't none for me;
They sent me to the gallery or round the music-'alls,
But when it comes to fightin', Lord! they'll shove me in the stalls!
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' " Tommy, wait outside ";
But it's " Special train for Atkins " when the trooper's on the tide
The troopship's on the tide, my boys, the troopship's on the tide,
O it's " Special train for Atkins " when the trooper's on the tide.

Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep
Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap.
An' hustlin' drunken soldiers when they're goin' large a bit
Is five times better business than paradin' in full kit.
Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an` Tommy, 'ow's yer soul? "
But it's " Thin red line of 'eroes " when the drums begin to roll
The drums begin to roll, my boys, the drums begin to roll,
O it's " Thin red line of 'eroes, " when the drums begin to roll.

We aren't no thin red 'eroes, nor we aren't no blackguards too,
But single men in barricks, most remarkable like you;
An' if sometimes our conduck isn't all your fancy paints,
Why, single men in barricks don't grow into plaster saints;
While it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an` Tommy, fall be'ind,"
But it's " Please to walk in front, sir," when there's trouble in the wind
There's trouble in the wind, my boys, there's trouble in the wind,
O it's " Please to walk in front, sir," when there's trouble in the wind.

You talk o' better food for us, an' schools, an' fires, an' all:
We'll wait for extry rations if you treat us rational.
Don't mess about the cook-room slops, but prove it to our face
The Widow's Uniform is not the soldier-man's disgrace.
For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an` Chuck him out, the brute! "
But it's " Saviour of 'is country " when the guns begin to shoot;
An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;
An 'Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool - you bet that Tommy sees!

(RK, 1892)

On a slightly different issue, nice to see this board coming to life again after it appeared to 'lose the will to live' during the international break. Seems to me this is a proper 'football' board whereas Fansonline is a bit more light hearted, tongue in cheeky and fun. Still be nice if a few more frequented both and joined in some of the decent topics on here.

Poll: Do you think Riga will still be in charge next Saturday?

And some call this board ... on 20:26 - Oct 17 with 1969 viewsVMcB

And some call this board ... on 19:40 - Oct 17 by clarkestattoo

On a slightly different issue, nice to see this board coming to life again after it appeared to 'lose the will to live' during the international break. Seems to me this is a proper 'football' board whereas Fansonline is a bit more light hearted, tongue in cheeky and fun. Still be nice if a few more frequented both and joined in some of the decent topics on here.

I'm happy to do both.

I'd like to see certain people back over the other side but if not, well I'll come here to see him instead.

Problem is, I can't promise not to be a bit light hearted, tongue in cheek or fun over here....is that a problem???

And some call this board ... on 20:32 - Oct 17 with 1962 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

And some call this board ... on 20:26 - Oct 17 by VMcB

I'm happy to do both.

I'd like to see certain people back over the other side but if not, well I'll come here to see him instead.

Problem is, I can't promise not to be a bit light hearted, tongue in cheek or fun over here....is that a problem???

Good God, I hope not.

And hello m'dear, how the devil are you? You must be rested after that comfy Underground journey.

And some call this board ... on 20:40 - Oct 17 with 1953 viewsVMcB

And some call this board ... on 20:32 - Oct 17 by basilrobbiereborn

Good God, I hope not.

And hello m'dear, how the devil are you? You must be rested after that comfy Underground journey.

Hahahahaha, Basil you are soooo bad - that's why I love you so much!!

It's only 2 stops, but to be offered a seat two nights running is not good for the ego!!

Come and meet me for a boozy lunch!!!
And some call this board ... on 09:15 - Oct 18 with 1878 viewsRusty2Stands

And some call this board ... on 20:40 - Oct 17 by VMcB

Hahahahaha, Basil you are soooo bad - that's why I love you so much!!

It's only 2 stops, but to be offered a seat two nights running is not good for the ego!!

Come and meet me for a boozy lunch!!!

I totally agree the comments on that thread are way over the top.
As is the air of pomposity and superiority coming from some posters on this board.
And some call this board ... on 12:39 - Oct 18 with 1852 viewsstu

And some call this board ... on 09:15 - Oct 18 by Rusty2Stands

I totally agree the comments on that thread are way over the top.
As is the air of pomposity and superiority coming from some posters on this board.

Just daft words from a couple of posters. Don't get this new v old board, does it really matter where you post. Some like new board some like old some like both.

Tangerine is the new black

And some call this board ... on 15:43 - Oct 20 with 1654 viewsFY4MIKEH

And some call this board ... on 12:39 - Oct 18 by stu

Just daft words from a couple of posters. Don't get this new v old board, does it really matter where you post. Some like new board some like old some like both.

I like posting on both sites.
And some call this board ... on 15:48 - Oct 20 with 1647 viewsPoolseasider

And some call this board ... on 15:43 - Oct 20 by FY4MIKEH

I like posting on both sites.

Looks like LaLa might be moving over here she just flounced off FOL and she's a good poster.
And some call this board ... on 15:54 - Oct 20 with 1638 viewsLala

And some call this board ... on 15:48 - Oct 20 by Poolseasider

Looks like LaLa might be moving over here she just flounced off FOL and she's a good poster.

I'm waiting for an appropriate period of mourning before I start posting properly Pool

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024