Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Olly Lancashire? 22:53 - Jan 26 with 9217 viewsRockerdale97

Okay i know he was playing against Walters and Co tonight. But he wasnt in the team when O'Connell was here this season What is the opinion of fellow daleys? I thought he was poor tonight. Header for the first goal wasnt great although the strike was out of this world, some of his distribution was shocking and he was putting pressure on the rest of the defence by doing this. Opinions?
[Post edited 26 Jan 2015 23:02]
Olly Lancashire? on 14:00 - Jan 27 with 2197 viewsolympicdale

Olly Lancashire? on 08:25 - Jan 27 by D_Alien

As posted earlier, you really did have to read his comments in the Sunday Times article to put his performance into context.

He sees himself as capable of performing at a higher level, having been educated in football alongside some very stellar players. Last night was his opportunity to show the public at large that's where he belongs - he said as much in the article! Each time he got the ball I thought he was looking to do something with it that made him look good instead of just concentrating on what he's there for - to defend. The result was he put in a shocker, but I hope he'll learn from it and just get back to basics.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2925441/Rochdale-defender-Olly

He was brilliant against Forest with Eastham, just needs to, as you say, get back to basics, he over thought way too much last night.

Life is a game of fate.

Olly Lancashire? on 22:53 - Mar 24 with 1968 viewsRockerdale97

Poor tonight at RB. Doesn't offer anything playing there. Not good enough for League 1
Olly Lancashire? on 12:10 - Mar 25 with 1805 viewsDickydaler

Olly Lancashire? on 22:53 - Mar 24 by Rockerdale97

Poor tonight at RB. Doesn't offer anything playing there. Not good enough for League 1

To be fair, I don't think he would prefer to play at right back either. Last night was a catalogue of injuries and I don't think Hilly had much option.
Olly Lancashire? on 12:19 - Mar 25 with 1781 viewsD_Alien

Olly Lancashire? on 12:10 - Mar 25 by Dickydaler

To be fair, I don't think he would prefer to play at right back either. Last night was a catalogue of injuries and I don't think Hilly had much option.

Same as the Fleetwood game - there were other options. It's up to the manager to decide if they're better or not - but to say there aren't other options is wrong.

For instance, Bennett to RB (where he ended up anyway), Tanser in front of the back four - more mobility and footballing ability.

Or even Lancashire in front of the back four rather than RB.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Olly Lancashire? on 12:29 - Mar 25 with 1757 viewsDickydaler

Olly Lancashire? on 12:19 - Mar 25 by D_Alien

Same as the Fleetwood game - there were other options. It's up to the manager to decide if they're better or not - but to say there aren't other options is wrong.

For instance, Bennett to RB (where he ended up anyway), Tanser in front of the back four - more mobility and footballing ability.

Or even Lancashire in front of the back four rather than RB.

You're possibly right, but I think Hilly wanted to keep Bennett where he was going to have more impact on the game last night. The other possibility was putting Tanser at right back, even though he is very left footed.
Olly Lancashire? on 13:01 - Mar 25 with 1696 views442Dale

Olly Lancashire? on 12:29 - Mar 25 by Dickydaler

You're possibly right, but I think Hilly wanted to keep Bennett where he was going to have more impact on the game last night. The other possibility was putting Tanser at right back, even though he is very left footed.

Or leave Cannon there, stick Rose back in central midfield with Bennett and Hery, and Bunney out on the left. The only good thing that came from it was that Cannon did well in midfield, but it didn't make up for having Lancashire at right back.

So many different options and we chose the worst of the lot. Especially with Fleetwood being fresh in the memory.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Olly Lancashire? on 15:11 - Mar 25 with 1591 viewsParkinsGimp

He's been poor all season, probably because he is a league 2 standard player. Eastham is better but not by much.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024