Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OT : Cricket World Cup 09:14 - Jan 29 with 9176 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Not long to wait for this now. Looking at the format you would think we would be strong enough to get through the group stage (although Bangladesh would be a bit of a worry), but I can't really see us getting much further than the QF unless the draw does us a favour or two.

Australia or the Saffers to win it for me, with New Zealand and Pakistan dark horses from either side of the draw. So get your money on India.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

OT : Cricket World Cup on 11:38 - Jan 30 with 4283 viewsOsbourne

Basil,
I'm looking forward to the Cricket World Cup too. So far this thread has 57 views and no additions! No cricket enthusiasts in Blackpool?

England v Australia is the final of the England, Australia, India triangle series.
Final is on Sunday at the Waca, Perth, the fastest wicket on earth! Hello Mitch Johnson!

Then after England win that one, it is on to Melbourne for the first game of the World Cup :
England v Australia - Saturday 14.2.15

I don't see why England can't win that one either, win their group and then win the World Cup.

Good luck lads, at least get to the final, it keeps us all, back here at home, interested
OT : Cricket World Cup on 13:52 - Jan 30 with 4265 viewsscratchingshed

OT : Cricket World Cup on 11:38 - Jan 30 by Osbourne

Basil,
I'm looking forward to the Cricket World Cup too. So far this thread has 57 views and no additions! No cricket enthusiasts in Blackpool?

England v Australia is the final of the England, Australia, India triangle series.
Final is on Sunday at the Waca, Perth, the fastest wicket on earth! Hello Mitch Johnson!

Then after England win that one, it is on to Melbourne for the first game of the World Cup :
England v Australia - Saturday 14.2.15

I don't see why England can't win that one either, win their group and then win the World Cup.

Good luck lads, at least get to the final, it keeps us all, back here at home, interested

Not a chance of winning, won't even get the the latter stages.
OT : Cricket World Cup on 15:16 - Jan 30 with 4249 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

Cheer up, eeyore, a one-day game of cricket is a lottery and anybody can win, even from a position as hopeless as 65-5.
OT : Cricket World Cup on 16:39 - Jan 30 with 4240 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

OT : Cricket World Cup on 15:16 - Jan 30 by Hannibal_de_Seaside

Cheer up, eeyore, a one-day game of cricket is a lottery and anybody can win, even from a position as hopeless as 65-5.

I tend to agree with shed that we won't win it - but we really ought to be able to finish at least fourth of seven in our group. Our batting is too reliant upon Morgan, Buttler and the magnificent Bell to expect miracles.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

OT : Cricket World Cup on 19:23 - Jan 30 with 4221 viewspooljimbo

Like Robbie said SA or the Aussies are going to be difficult to beat they are always going to post big scores. But between the 2 I'm not convinced South Africa have as good an attack as the Aussies so it's the convicts for me.

New Zealand would be my next especially if McCullum is on form and with them having home advantage.

Then anything from India, us, Sri Lanka and Pakistan. I can't see the sub-continent teams having as much success down under as they would at home. Also the West Indies don't have good enough bowlers for me.
We may surprise and struggle through to the semis but I think that's about as far as we will get, and probably deserve to get.

All in all looking forward to what will be an excellent tournament.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

OT : Cricket World Cup on 17:23 - Jan 31 with 4190 viewsbalanced_view

OT : Cricket World Cup on 19:23 - Jan 30 by pooljimbo

Like Robbie said SA or the Aussies are going to be difficult to beat they are always going to post big scores. But between the 2 I'm not convinced South Africa have as good an attack as the Aussies so it's the convicts for me.

New Zealand would be my next especially if McCullum is on form and with them having home advantage.

Then anything from India, us, Sri Lanka and Pakistan. I can't see the sub-continent teams having as much success down under as they would at home. Also the West Indies don't have good enough bowlers for me.
We may surprise and struggle through to the semis but I think that's about as far as we will get, and probably deserve to get.

All in all looking forward to what will be an excellent tournament.

Predicting Australia or SA to win is like predicting Chelsea or Manchester City to win the league, pretty obvious stuff really!

When you look at the side, you can't help but feel it's missing our best player - Kevin Pieterson.

He is our highest run scorer and has the highest average in the whole side.

He can turn games on his own, as he's done many times before.

More importantly his recent form IN Australia for the Melbourne Stars has been fantastic, player of tournament according to some.

So a 34 year old in cracking form, on the same pitches as the World Cup, our leading average and run scorer, feared by opposition and game changer - and he can't even get in our squad?

Laughable.
OT : Cricket World Cup on 18:39 - Jan 31 with 4182 viewsOsbourne

OT : Cricket World Cup on 17:23 - Jan 31 by balanced_view

Predicting Australia or SA to win is like predicting Chelsea or Manchester City to win the league, pretty obvious stuff really!

When you look at the side, you can't help but feel it's missing our best player - Kevin Pieterson.

He is our highest run scorer and has the highest average in the whole side.

He can turn games on his own, as he's done many times before.

More importantly his recent form IN Australia for the Melbourne Stars has been fantastic, player of tournament according to some.

So a 34 year old in cracking form, on the same pitches as the World Cup, our leading average and run scorer, feared by opposition and game changer - and he can't even get in our squad?

Laughable.

Poor old KP.

He must be an "odd ball".
But I agree, he is one of the few batsmen who the Australian bowlers would actually fear.
Unless Downton goes though, I think that it is curtains for our KP.
OT : Cricket World Cup on 18:50 - Jan 31 with 4172 viewsbalanced_view

OT : Cricket World Cup on 18:39 - Jan 31 by Osbourne

Poor old KP.

He must be an "odd ball".
But I agree, he is one of the few batsmen who the Australian bowlers would actually fear.
Unless Downton goes though, I think that it is curtains for our KP.

Osbourne yes I agree. A pathetic agenda by the people in power is keeping KP from selection, as is blatantly obvious.

He is our best batsman on paper and recent form on the very surfaces the World Cup is being played. As you say bowlers fear him, a damn site more than the rest of our batsman in the squad.
Login to get fewer ads

OT : Cricket World Cup on 18:56 - Jan 31 with 4171 viewsOsbourne

OT : Cricket World Cup on 18:50 - Jan 31 by balanced_view

Osbourne yes I agree. A pathetic agenda by the people in power is keeping KP from selection, as is blatantly obvious.

He is our best batsman on paper and recent form on the very surfaces the World Cup is being played. As you say bowlers fear him, a damn site more than the rest of our batsman in the squad.

balanced view,

KP in the Ashes showdown in England 2015 would of been a spectacle worth watching.
Who now is going to stop Warner's sledging?

Could KP still return. I wonder?
OT : Cricket World Cup on 11:52 - Feb 1 with 4138 viewsscratchingshed

OT : Cricket World Cup on 18:56 - Jan 31 by Osbourne

balanced view,

KP in the Ashes showdown in England 2015 would of been a spectacle worth watching.
Who now is going to stop Warner's sledging?

Could KP still return. I wonder?

I see England got thrashed earlier today in the final v Australia.

And the the new England captains contribution? Yes you guessed it a duck.

Talk about Cooke could not handle both the captains position and batting well Morgan most certainly cannot either, shocking decision to make him captain.
OT : Cricket World Cup on 12:40 - Feb 1 with 4134 viewscamberwell1

I shall be at the MCG Robbie - it is also a ploughed field but they drop in a pitch to suit eek Australia - we could bat twice and still finish third !
OT : Cricket World Cup on 16:03 - Feb 1 with 4112 viewsOsbourne

OT : Cricket World Cup on 12:40 - Feb 1 by camberwell1

I shall be at the MCG Robbie - it is also a ploughed field but they drop in a pitch to suit eek Australia - we could bat twice and still finish third !

camberwell1,

How lucky to be going to the World Cup. Are you travelling there specially to watch it?

Scratcher,I too, saw that England lost the final of the Triangular series v Australia today at The Waka, Perth. Pity. Lost by over 100 runs I think, batting second.

Still, on to Melbourne now for the opening match of the World Cup, England v Australia. Hopefully, England will of learnt something from Perth, not least, how to handle the Mitch Johnson threat. He will not be as quick at the MCG, Perth is the quickest wicket on earth.

Good luck England in the World Cup. Lets have a full report, all the gossip too, from our Pool roving reporter, camberwell1, posting from Melbourne, Australia! Do the convicts have internet to allow you to do this?
OT : Cricket World Cup on 01:27 - Feb 7 with 4058 viewsOsbourne

OT : Cricket World Cup on 16:03 - Feb 1 by Osbourne

camberwell1,

How lucky to be going to the World Cup. Are you travelling there specially to watch it?

Scratcher,I too, saw that England lost the final of the Triangular series v Australia today at The Waka, Perth. Pity. Lost by over 100 runs I think, batting second.

Still, on to Melbourne now for the opening match of the World Cup, England v Australia. Hopefully, England will of learnt something from Perth, not least, how to handle the Mitch Johnson threat. He will not be as quick at the MCG, Perth is the quickest wicket on earth.

Good luck England in the World Cup. Lets have a full report, all the gossip too, from our Pool roving reporter, camberwell1, posting from Melbourne, Australia! Do the convicts have internet to allow you to do this?

This is getting close now.

Kevin Pietersen is going to be joining the BBC radio commentary team!

I wonder how this will go? KP, Boycott, Swan, Agnew and goodness knows who else. All massive ego's. A recipe for disaster!

KP will oblige!
OT : Cricket World Cup on 21:29 - Feb 12 with 4021 viewsOsbourne

OT : Cricket World Cup on 01:27 - Feb 7 by Osbourne

This is getting close now.

Kevin Pietersen is going to be joining the BBC radio commentary team!

I wonder how this will go? KP, Boycott, Swan, Agnew and goodness knows who else. All massive ego's. A recipe for disaster!

KP will oblige!

Saturday morning for us I guess. Yes, it's a day/night match starting our time 3.30am!

1. Sat 14th Feb - England v Australia - Melbourne
2. Fri 20th - England v New Zealand - Wellington
3. Sun 22nd - England v Scotland - Christchurch
4. Sat 28th - England v Sir Lanka - Wellington
5. Mon 9th March - England v Bangladesh - Adelaide
6. Fri 13th - England v Afghanistan - Sydney

England are in Group A

2 groups of 7 (Group A and Group B)

4 sides from each group qualify for 1/4 finals. Into Semi finals. Into final.

Final not until 29th March, starting at 5.30am our time in Melbourne. It is a very long duration World Cup. 14th February - 29th March.

Favourites with bookmakers are : Australia 2/1, South Africa 3/1, New Zealand 5/1, India 10/1 and England 12/1.

England will definitely make the Quarter Final.
Could win the whole thing?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2015 21:51]
OT : Cricket World Cup on 13:43 - Feb 13 with 3961 viewsOsbourne

OT : Cricket World Cup on 21:29 - Feb 12 by Osbourne

Saturday morning for us I guess. Yes, it's a day/night match starting our time 3.30am!

1. Sat 14th Feb - England v Australia - Melbourne
2. Fri 20th - England v New Zealand - Wellington
3. Sun 22nd - England v Scotland - Christchurch
4. Sat 28th - England v Sir Lanka - Wellington
5. Mon 9th March - England v Bangladesh - Adelaide
6. Fri 13th - England v Afghanistan - Sydney

England are in Group A

2 groups of 7 (Group A and Group B)

4 sides from each group qualify for 1/4 finals. Into Semi finals. Into final.

Final not until 29th March, starting at 5.30am our time in Melbourne. It is a very long duration World Cup. 14th February - 29th March.

Favourites with bookmakers are : Australia 2/1, South Africa 3/1, New Zealand 5/1, India 10/1 and England 12/1.

England will definitely make the Quarter Final.
Could win the whole thing?
[Post edited 12 Feb 2015 21:51]

Geoffrey Boycott says his patriotic piece about the new England one day captain on the eve of the Cricket World cup. Good timing Geoffrey!

Talking about Eoin Morgan, the England captain, Geoffrey says :

"I don't think he's as good as he thinks he is, and I don't think he is as good as some people say he is." Says Geoffrey Boycott.

Geoffrey, Cricket is a team game. You yourself bought in to the team ethic of course!
Would you of dodged Mitchell Johnson, the same way you managed to avoid Lillee and Thomson 1974/5? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Thanks for your patriotic boost to the England side on the eve of the world cup!
OT : Cricket World Cup on 09:18 - Feb 14 with 3919 viewsscratchingshed

OT : Cricket World Cup on 13:43 - Feb 13 by Osbourne

Geoffrey Boycott says his patriotic piece about the new England one day captain on the eve of the Cricket World cup. Good timing Geoffrey!

Talking about Eoin Morgan, the England captain, Geoffrey says :

"I don't think he's as good as he thinks he is, and I don't think he is as good as some people say he is." Says Geoffrey Boycott.

Geoffrey, Cricket is a team game. You yourself bought in to the team ethic of course!
Would you of dodged Mitchell Johnson, the same way you managed to avoid Lillee and Thomson 1974/5? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Thanks for your patriotic boost to the England side on the eve of the world cup!

As per usual England getting stuffed.

Currently 73/5 chasing 343 and as with past tradition the England skipper gets yet another Duck.

Very depressing to watch, we'll be home after the first group stages.

I hope the selectors are sleeping at night not going with K P.

Edit yet another wicket gone, will we get to 100?
[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 9:30]
OT : Cricket World Cup on 19:46 - Feb 14 with 3882 viewsOsbourne

OT : Cricket World Cup on 09:18 - Feb 14 by scratchingshed

As per usual England getting stuffed.

Currently 73/5 chasing 343 and as with past tradition the England skipper gets yet another Duck.

Very depressing to watch, we'll be home after the first group stages.

I hope the selectors are sleeping at night not going with K P.

Edit yet another wicket gone, will we get to 100?
[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 9:30]

Yes Scratcher,

England got beat. Pity.
OT : Cricket World Cup on 21:06 - Feb 14 with 3877 viewscamberwell1

Not on what I saw at the MCG Robbie - we were a shambles and our score line flattered to deceive - we should have lost by 200 +
Where's Outram when we need him ?
Best wishes
Downunder Camberwell
Ps I saw Afganistan v UAE on Friday at St. Kilda - good match, 600 runs and lots of enthusiasm - either side would give us a run !
OT : Cricket World Cup on 08:48 - Feb 20 with 3819 viewsscratchingshed

OT : Cricket World Cup on 21:06 - Feb 14 by camberwell1

Not on what I saw at the MCG Robbie - we were a shambles and our score line flattered to deceive - we should have lost by 200 +
Where's Outram when we need him ?
Best wishes
Downunder Camberwell
Ps I saw Afganistan v UAE on Friday at St. Kilda - good match, 600 runs and lots of enthusiasm - either side would give us a run !

Well I expected the worse to happen but this is just getting laughable.

All out inside 32 overs is just embarrassing the manner in which they threw wickets away just summned up the players attitude, I bet Alastair Cook is wetting himself with laughter.

Well done to the England selectors a shocking appointment of new captain and no balls to name K P in the squad.
OT : Cricket World Cup on 11:00 - Feb 20 with 3801 viewsmoney_money_money

OT : Cricket World Cup on 08:48 - Feb 20 by scratchingshed

Well I expected the worse to happen but this is just getting laughable.

All out inside 32 overs is just embarrassing the manner in which they threw wickets away just summned up the players attitude, I bet Alastair Cook is wetting himself with laughter.

Well done to the England selectors a shocking appointment of new captain and no balls to name K P in the squad.

Osbourne will be along soon to tell us that mathamatically England can still get 4th place in the group.
Well whoopee doo.
OT : Cricket World Cup on 20:42 - Feb 20 with 3757 viewsOsbourne

OT : Cricket World Cup on 11:00 - Feb 20 by money_money_money

Osbourne will be along soon to tell us that mathamatically England can still get 4th place in the group.
Well whoopee doo.

Osbourne here!

England are still definitely going to make it to the Quarter Finals. Having got there, they could easily make it through to the Semi - final and Final. Maybe win the World Cup.

Going through from Group A will be : Australia, New Zealand, Sir Lanka and England.
That would see; Scotland, Afghanistan and Bangladesh eliminated at the Group Stage.

So far in Group A :
New Zealand have 6 points from 3 games. (Sir Lanka, Scotland and England)
Australia have 2 points from 1 game. (England)
Bangladesh have 2 points from 1 game. (Afghanistan)
England have 0 points from 2 games. (Australia and New Zealand)
Sir Lanka have 0 points from 1 game. (New Zealand)
Afghanistan have 0 points from 1 game. (Bangladesh)
Scotland have 0 points from 1 game. (New Zealand)

Roll on Sunday night, 22nd February 22:00 GMT England v Scotland at Christchurch.
That will be a nice 2 points for England. Geoff Boycott will be opening the batting!

It's how I see it.
Pretty sure I will be right, although I would be quite happy with England getting to the final and losing a cracking match. Of course, I would prefer it if they won, but the likes of Australia, New Zealand and South Africa do look a bit good.

Scratcher and money money money have failed to realise that losing to Australia and New Zealand was all part of the stratigic plan. England will now qualify as 3rd or 4th place qualifiers in group A, depending on the results in group B which they will be following closely. So England might have to lose another one yet if they see 4th qualifying place as the easiest draw. Very strategic this world cup you know Scratcher!

Can AVFTT have another report live from Australia please Camberwell?
[Post edited 21 Feb 2015 14:05]
OT : Cricket World Cup on 20:24 - Feb 21 with 3705 viewsOsbourne

OT : Cricket World Cup on 20:42 - Feb 20 by Osbourne

Osbourne here!

England are still definitely going to make it to the Quarter Finals. Having got there, they could easily make it through to the Semi - final and Final. Maybe win the World Cup.

Going through from Group A will be : Australia, New Zealand, Sir Lanka and England.
That would see; Scotland, Afghanistan and Bangladesh eliminated at the Group Stage.

So far in Group A :

Roll on Sunday night, 22nd February 22:00 GMT England v Scotland at Christchurch.
That will be a nice 2 points for England. Geoff Boycott will be opening the batting!

It's how I see it.
Pretty sure I will be right, although I would be quite happy with England getting to the final and losing a cracking match. Of course, I would prefer it if they won, but the likes of Australia, New Zealand and South Africa do look a bit good.

Scratcher and money money money have failed to realise that losing to Australia and New Zealand was all part of the stratigic plan. England will now qualify as 3rd or 4th place qualifiers in group A, depending on the results in group B which they will be following closely. So England might have to lose another one yet if they see 4th qualifying place as the easiest draw. Very strategic this world cup you know Scratcher!

Late extra :

Paul Collingwood (Scotland's coach) says Scotland are confident that they can beat England!

I don't think so!
OT : Cricket World Cup on 20:31 - Feb 21 with 3697 viewsscratchingshed

OT : Cricket World Cup on 20:24 - Feb 21 by Osbourne

Late extra :

Paul Collingwood (Scotland's coach) says Scotland are confident that they can beat England!

I don't think so!

No one ever thought an England team could ever lose to an Ireland team.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2015 20:32]
OT : Cricket World Cup on 02:09 - Feb 22 with 3667 viewscamberwell1

Osbourne here!

So far in Group A :

It's how I see it.

Morning/evening all

Just had me eggs, bacon & MCC mushrooms -yum

Well I've just even watching the Afgan's hounding out a respectable 242 aka d they might give Sri Lanka a run for their money.

As for England, they got the stuffing from NZ they should have got off Aus - Bangladesh will get to the quarters - our future lies with the ad enemy tomorrow in Christ Knows

Have fun at Brentford - at least there's a pub on every corner (Owen O once bought us all a round in one of them a very long time ago !)

Cambers
OT : Cricket World Cup on 16:13 - Feb 22 with 3643 viewsOsbourne

Osbourne here!

So far in Group A :

It's how I see it.

England v Scotland starts tonight, Sunday night, 22:00 GMT in Christchurch.

Ian Bell says : "If we can play some good cricket in the next 4 (games v Scotland, Sir Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan) it puts us in a good place going into the next round (Quarter Finals)."

2 points a certainty for England tonight.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2015 16:14]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024