Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Pipe Dream... 23:29 - Feb 20 with 9715 viewsPhil_S

Or is it - it happened at Portsmouth on a smaller scale and dream big as you never know what could happen.

At a valuation of £100m, the 4% of shares that would make a massive difference to us is worth £4m. We have £650k in the bank with another possible dividend this year taking that to £850k (if it happens)

Are we capable through fan donations (and those from local businesses) capable of raising £3.2m to make a substantial offer for those shares? Should we try?
A Pipe Dream... on 08:26 - Feb 21 with 1768 viewsjack_lord

The guys who saved the club have done very very well from it since.

They get better seats than the rest of us too.

When I watch From Jack to A King I didn't imagine that the selfless guys who.needed the fans support coming through the turnstiles in those dark days would now hold the Trust to ransom.

They can sell their shares but how about donating half the money back on each one percent that is purchased. I suppose then we get an idea of how altruistic the original support was.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

A Pipe Dream... on 08:36 - Feb 21 with 1755 viewsmonmouth

Whatever the reality of getting 25% or otherwise, I think it's clear that the Trust needs as big a 'protection' fighting fund as possible, even if just for advice/support/PR campaigns. Any potential 'investor' would pause for thought with a potentially hostile existing shareholder sitting on enough cash to fight a PR war perhaps. So aim for the stars and see where it goes. This has given the impetus and a sense of purpose.

A bigger membership would be a powerful weapon too. I thought I'd joined last year but apparently I 'misremembered' . Rectified now.

The biggest lever could well be emotional blackmail or on a harder basis, these peoples reputations. Jack to a King shows how much that means to them. Buy them some statues in Castle Gardens......
[Post edited 21 Feb 2015 8:38]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

A Pipe Dream... on 08:55 - Feb 21 with 1720 viewsUxbridge

A Pipe Dream... on 23:34 - Feb 20 by Millie

They have no choice, have to offer share to current shareholders first

Problem is , would certain other shareholders drive the price up, just to block?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

A Pipe Dream... on 08:59 - Feb 21 with 1713 viewsblaine_scfc

When Phil and the rest ousted Petty, with the state of the club as it was, getting to the Premier League was a pipe dream.

We have got Man Utd at home 3 o clock this afternoon folks and I fancy us to get a result.

We can do this if everyone bands together.
A Pipe Dream... on 10:48 - Feb 21 with 1648 viewsairedale

A Pipe Dream... on 05:52 - Feb 21 by JoeSoccerFan

Let's say that the Trust acquires the money to buy 4% (3.7% for the more detailed among us), wouldn't the Americans then just make an offer for 30%? Then, the right of first refusal would be useless.

Am I missing something?

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer...

Would you spend £30mill on shares in a [soccer] company where a lot of power is held by [their] soccer fans?
A Pipe Dream... on 10:56 - Feb 21 with 1642 viewsNeath_Jack

I've only read the first page, and at first i thought, what a great idea, i'm up for setting up a £10 a month donation or something similar. But then i read about poor little Freya Bevan, and thought, surely my money is better spent there, to save a little girls life. I'm starting to really have a downer on our current board if i'm honest, greed is all i can see.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

A Pipe Dream... on 11:06 - Feb 21 with 1619 viewsairedale

A Pipe Dream... on 10:56 - Feb 21 by Neath_Jack

I've only read the first page, and at first i thought, what a great idea, i'm up for setting up a £10 a month donation or something similar. But then i read about poor little Freya Bevan, and thought, surely my money is better spent there, to save a little girls life. I'm starting to really have a downer on our current board if i'm honest, greed is all i can see.

Innit. To me, that is what the PL is all about. Every week you look at certain clubs' results and hope they lose so your club gets another season.

I reckon that a lot of people would be happier if that, some day, we get all our facilities paid for and up and running, and then go back to the Championship. We can have a team of Alan Tates then.
A Pipe Dream... on 11:18 - Feb 21 with 1596 viewsStarsky

The first thing we need to do before anything is get the message out there to all the e-members to upgrade to voting members.
That'll bring in about £120,000 extra per annum.
Get Kevin Johns to appeal to the crowd before kick off and half time.
After all... All the e-members will be present won't they?
We could ask Swansea Sound to promote the campaign on STID... If they can bear to break with their already scintilating program style.

"DROP THE E AND iNVEST IN SWANSEA CITY"

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

A Pipe Dream... on 12:46 - Feb 21 with 1553 viewsmax936

Why and who reported the OP as abuse ffs.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

A Pipe Dream... on 13:05 - Feb 21 with 1530 viewsjacksinceever

A Pipe Dream... on 08:04 - Feb 21 by AngelRangelQS

I don't even know what e members are?

To the best of my knowledge, every ST holder was registered as a member of the Trust for free. However they have no voting rights, which is crucial, and contribute no funds directly to the Trust. They are e-members (I believe) because they get the updates from the Trust by email.
Paid up members get to vote on vital issues (including I believe, if the Trust should sell or retain their shares in the club, buy more shares, as well as electing members and stand for election themselves)
As it only costs £10 to be a full Trust member, then everyone should join IMO
A Pipe Dream... on 13:13 - Feb 21 with 1519 viewsNookiejack

A Pipe Dream... on 10:56 - Feb 21 by Neath_Jack

Terrific post
A Pipe Dream... on 14:05 - Feb 21 with 1490 viewsAJ101

A Pipe Dream... on 10:48 - Feb 21 by airedale

Would you spend £30mill on shares in a [soccer] company where a lot of power is held by [their] soccer fans?

It depends if they see the company as significantly undervalued at the "current" asking price.
A Pipe Dream... on 15:47 - Feb 21 with 1464 viewslovejuicejack

Phil genuine question here but is crowd funding an option worth thinking about. Look at the old fella in nestle that got mugged they raised around 350k within weeks. I know we are a different story but if we put our story out there in the right way it may take off. Just a thought.
A Pipe Dream... on 18:33 - Feb 21 with 1429 viewsSwansNZ

A Pipe Dream... on 12:46 - Feb 21 by max936

Why and who reported the OP as abuse ffs.

It may have been me, scrolling down in the iPad - the bloody thing should ask you to confirm. I have already sent a message to Phil to say it was an accident.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

A Pipe Dream... on 19:01 - Feb 21 with 1407 viewsStarsky

A Pipe Dream... on 18:33 - Feb 21 by SwansNZ

It may have been me, scrolling down in the iPad - the bloody thing should ask you to confirm. I have already sent a message to Phil to say it was an accident.

A Pipe Dream... on 19:11 - Feb 21 with 1403 viewsgetcarter

Leave the running of the club to the professionals and stop interfering in matters you do not understand did any of you make substantial investment in the club?i
A Pipe Dream... on 19:12 - Feb 21 with 1399 viewsStarsky

A Pipe Dream... on 19:11 - Feb 21 by getcarter

Leave the running of the club to the professionals and stop interfering in matters you do not understand did any of you make substantial investment in the club?i

Boooooo

A Pipe Dream... on 19:30 - Feb 21 with 1377 viewsmax936

A Pipe Dream... on 18:33 - Feb 21 by SwansNZ

Nasty bugger you are aye

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

A Pipe Dream... on 19:32 - Feb 21 with 1371 viewsStarsky

A Pipe Dream... on 19:30 - Feb 21 by max936

Nasty bugger you are aye

Yeah but he's a mans man... Unlike you.
How's your dreadful cold holding up?

A Pipe Dream... on 19:37 - Feb 21 with 1364 viewsdobjack2

A Pipe Dream... on 19:11 - Feb 21 by getcarter

Nope. Why did they do it - I assume because they love the club.

If that was why the saved the club I hope that they don't forget why they did it when it comes to selling their shares.

I hope that they make sure that the future of the club is safe and ensure that no future shareholder can get 75% of the shares.

I hope they do the right thing and transfer 4% of the shares to the trust.
A Pipe Dream... on 20:03 - Feb 21 with 1346 viewsairedale

I'll tell you what I think. I'd rather someone like Romany Abromovich, or Shake Yermunny from Man City buy our club than business people solely concerned with money making.
A Pipe Dream... on 20:07 - Feb 21 with 1344 viewsBloodyhills

From reading your intro at yesterday's meeting I'd say we really should try and reach 25% of Shares to ensure the future safety of the club.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

A Pipe Dream... on 09:52 - Feb 22 with 1288 viewsPhil_S

Huw and I talked this concept through at yesterday's game

One thing we agreed on is the post earlier in the thread that there is no point in fundraising if we don't have an end goal to work towards

We need to know we can buy the shares first...
A Pipe Dream... on 09:58 - Feb 22 with 1281 viewsAngelRangelQS

A Pipe Dream... on 09:52 - Feb 22 by Phil_S

Huw and I talked this concept through at yesterday's game

One thing we agreed on is the post earlier in the thread that there is no point in fundraising if we don't have an end goal to work towards

We need to know we can buy the shares first...

But would the momentum of money being raised help convince those concerned to sell their shares to the trust?

Shareholders looking to offload, supporters raising money, shareholders refusing to sell... Could get quite awkward for them
A Pipe Dream... on 10:02 - Feb 22 with 1272 viewsPhil_S

A Pipe Dream... on 09:58 - Feb 22 by AngelRangelQS

But would the momentum of money being raised help convince those concerned to sell their shares to the trust?

Shareholders looking to offload, supporters raising money, shareholders refusing to sell... Could get quite awkward for them

Talked that through too that it could almost embarrass them into it...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024