Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
whats your experience of the police 11:11 - Mar 7 with 28169 viewslibertine

recently I've had a bit of a negative image of the police, I believe they've got to messed up with political correctness, the reports I've made to them have involved race issues and they would not go near my complaints even insinuating that I was some sort of bigot.

I don't think that they should go back to the 80's police force as they became Margarets private army, they loved her with the 10% pay rise they got.

But I must say that when I really needed help as one of my kids went missing, the police behaved fantastically, efficient emphatic amazingly sharp, I felt safe in their hands.

I've had a couple of bad experiences in the past with obnoxious plastics, who just wanted to have a bit of power.

But the experience when they helped find my daughter completely6 puts thiings in perspective, it made me realise, what the hell would I have done if there were no police.

whats your experience with the police?
whats your experience of the police on 20:05 - Mar 8 with 1767 viewslibertine

were you at Hilsborough Mr Perch?

exiledclaseboy, the complaints which were made to the police in interview and telephone line which is unfortunately a civilian run call centre, which I think is a gatekeeper type system where the civies try to put one of making complaints so the complaints all don't get to the police, maybe a type of filter system which looks good for the government as crime figures appear to be less.

The complaints made to the police included sexual assault and also theft, both complaints were ignored by the police as soon as race became an issue, to frightened to be called a racist I think, which is in itself racist. When one of mine was surrounded by a group of probably Turkish men and feeling more than a little intimidated, the civy said to her they may have simply found you attractive, her bag and phone was pinched aswell.

I don't blame the police per say I blame the politics involved in the force, I fear it will become worse before better, but the PC brigade will have caused a race war in some parts of the country, by their non intervention.

There is good and bad everywhere but in honesty, I really think its a case of one rotten apple. The police are really up against it, as there will be more riots caused by inequality.
whats your experience of the police on 21:02 - Mar 8 with 1748 viewsHumpty

I think all police officers should wear cameras when dealing with the public. Places where they do this in the US have seen massive drops in incidents of police using force and complaints from the public.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/what-happens-when-police-officers-wear-body-cameras-

Why would any decent police officer object?
whats your experience of the police on 21:06 - Mar 8 with 1742 viewsLohengrin

whats your experience of the police on 21:02 - Mar 8 by Humpty

I think all police officers should wear cameras when dealing with the public. Places where they do this in the US have seen massive drops in incidents of police using force and complaints from the public.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/what-happens-when-police-officers-wear-body-cameras-

Why would they object? What would your Union have to say if you had a camera trained on you every second of your working day so that your behaviour could be dissected by Personnel?

Attendance at major incidents could be a different argument.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

whats your experience of the police on 21:13 - Mar 8 with 1738 viewsHumpty

whats your experience of the police on 21:06 - Mar 8 by Lohengrin

Why would they object? What would your Union have to say if you had a camera trained on you every second of your working day so that your behaviour could be dissected by Personnel?

Attendance at major incidents could be a different argument.

No need for it doing my job. A bit different for the police.

Nobody would look at it unless a complaint was made or a serious incident took place.

I don't see why any law abiding police officer doing their job correctly should mind. Offers them protection from malicious complaints as well.

Someone has already said how sensible and tidy the police seem on those cop programmes. I think I know why.
whats your experience of the police on 21:21 - Mar 8 with 1732 viewsdameedna

whats your experience of the police on 20:05 - Mar 8 by libertine

were you at Hilsborough Mr Perch?

exiledclaseboy, the complaints which were made to the police in interview and telephone line which is unfortunately a civilian run call centre, which I think is a gatekeeper type system where the civies try to put one of making complaints so the complaints all don't get to the police, maybe a type of filter system which looks good for the government as crime figures appear to be less.

The complaints made to the police included sexual assault and also theft, both complaints were ignored by the police as soon as race became an issue, to frightened to be called a racist I think, which is in itself racist. When one of mine was surrounded by a group of probably Turkish men and feeling more than a little intimidated, the civy said to her they may have simply found you attractive, her bag and phone was pinched aswell.

I don't blame the police per say I blame the politics involved in the force, I fear it will become worse before better, but the PC brigade will have caused a race war in some parts of the country, by their non intervention.

There is good and bad everywhere but in honesty, I really think its a case of one rotten apple. The police are really up against it, as there will be more riots caused by inequality.

this week my my wife's cousin is visiting, we were both at h'borough, all 3 of us were in sheffield
I don't see h'brough as a police problem myself, we had a big problem with fans at the game (a minority of course) but it is a long time ago and now have seats
I was also in the leppings lane end for the wednesday v liverpool game the same year, it was not safe
it is regrettable that it was mismanaged so badly and could have been avoided
whats your experience of the police on 22:02 - Mar 8 with 1703 viewsPacemaker

whats your experience of the police on 21:13 - Mar 8 by Humpty

No need for it doing my job. A bit different for the police.

Nobody would look at it unless a complaint was made or a serious incident took place.

I don't see why any law abiding police officer doing their job correctly should mind. Offers them protection from malicious complaints as well.

Someone has already said how sensible and tidy the police seem on those cop programmes. I think I know why.

SWP have been wearing cameras in RCT for quite sometime but people complained the police were breaching their human rights by filming them all the time.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

whats your experience of the police on 22:10 - Mar 8 with 1694 viewsHumpty

whats your experience of the police on 22:02 - Mar 8 by Pacemaker

SWP have been wearing cameras in RCT for quite sometime but people complained the police were breaching their human rights by filming them all the time.

How strange. Personally I think it's a great idea.

I don't know if you read the article I posted but in Rialto, California use of force by officers dropped by 60% and complaints against the police dropped by 88% a year after cameras were introduced.

88% is incredible and suggests a major change in the way police deal with the public.

How anyone can be against that amazes me.
whats your experience of the police on 22:30 - Mar 8 with 1671 viewsPacemaker

whats your experience of the police on 22:10 - Mar 8 by Humpty

I don't know if you read the article I posted but in Rialto, California use of force by officers dropped by 60% and complaints against the police dropped by 88% a year after cameras were introduced.

88% is incredible and suggests a major change in the way police deal with the public.

Or if looking from another point of view people interacting with police acted in a less confrontational way?

Who knows probably a bit of both, it was Interesting to read this week that only 28% of police work is anything to do with crime the remainder is the public asking for assistance for other matters.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Login to get fewer ads

whats your experience of the police on 22:35 - Mar 8 with 1664 viewsDavillin

"How anyone can be against it" having only one or two statistics to go on. Is there a study of changes in crime rates or arrests and convictions?

One small city in California is not enough to judge the effectiveness of cameras on policemen. Hell, all of California is not enough.

Nor is there any report on towns elsewhere in the States who have zero or near-zero complaints about police, or rates of use of force. I'd bet anything that there are thousands of towns that have zero-zero results without cameras, and zero or near-zero crime rates, but we don't hear about them because that does not fit the agenda.

p.s. I have no problem with officers wearing cameras because they tend to protect the officers from false charges. There have been a number of such stories in the media recently.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

whats your experience of the police on 22:35 - Mar 8 with 1664 viewsWitneyjack

whats your experience of the police on 21:02 - Mar 8 by Humpty

Police Officers don't object and the rank and file have called for such equipment. In my Force officers wear them on each tour and they are used in evidence by both the Prosecution and defence if appropriate.
whats your experience of the police on 22:37 - Mar 8 with 1659 viewsWitneyjack

Or may suggest that a large number of complaints against Police were malicious?
whats your experience of the police on 22:41 - Mar 8 with 1648 viewsHumpty

whats your experience of the police on 22:37 - Mar 8 by Witneyjack

Or may suggest that a large number of complaints against Police were malicious?

Of course that's possible. As I said, it would protect both the public and the police. That's why I'm for it.
whats your experience of the police on 22:44 - Mar 8 with 1645 viewsHumpty

I think the only people to be against it are members of the public who make malicious complaints against the police and police officers who don't treat the public properly. Neither of which get any sympathy from me.
whats your experience of the police on 22:49 - Mar 8 with 1638 viewsHumpty

whats your experience of the police on 22:35 - Mar 8 by Davillin

"How anyone can be against it" having only one or two statistics to go on. Is there a study of changes in crime rates or arrests and convictions?

One small city in California is not enough to judge the effectiveness of cameras on policemen. Hell, all of California is not enough.

Nor is there any report on towns elsewhere in the States who have zero or near-zero complaints about police, or rates of use of force. I'd bet anything that there are thousands of towns that have zero-zero results without cameras, and zero or near-zero crime rates, but we don't hear about them because that does not fit the agenda.

p.s. I have no problem with officers wearing cameras because they tend to protect the officers from false charges. There have been a number of such stories in the media recently.

I agree.

Also I think it would reduce the amount of police officers using unnecessary violence and carrying out false, malicious arrests. I'm sure you want that too. You just forgot to mention it.
whats your experience of the police on 22:53 - Mar 8 with 1633 viewsHumpty

whats your experience of the police on 22:30 - Mar 8 by Pacemaker

Or if looking from another point of view people interacting with police acted in a less confrontational way?

Who knows probably a bit of both, it was Interesting to read this week that only 28% of police work is anything to do with crime the remainder is the public asking for assistance for other matters.

Possibly. Who knows? Still, a win/win situation for all concerned I'm sure you'll agree.
whats your experience of the police on 23:00 - Mar 8 with 1625 viewsHumpty

whats your experience of the police on 22:35 - Mar 8 by Davillin

Nor is there any report on towns elsewhere in the States who have zero or near-zero complaints about police, or rates of use of force. I'd bet anything that there are thousands of towns that have zero-zero results without cameras, and zero or near-zero crime rates, but we don't hear about them because that does not fit the agenda

Bit of a strange point with all respect Dav. I'm sure the use of camera in these utopias is hardly going to cause any harm.
whats your experience of the police on 23:19 - Mar 8 with 1604 viewsperchrockjack

I wasn't at Hillsboro mainly because my team is swansea City , has been all my life so sorry to disappoint.

One of my lads was there thiugh and has been given evidence at Warrington one of the reasons being he saved a lad on the pitch by giving heart massage.

I was on morning duty next day and my section were mainly involved in giving death messages.

CAmeras are often worn on merseyside ..glad to clear that up.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

whats your experience of the police on 23:30 - Mar 8 with 1592 viewsHumpty

whats your experience of the police on 23:19 - Mar 8 by perchrockjack

I wasn't at Hillsboro mainly because my team is swansea City , has been all my life so sorry to disappoint.

One of my lads was there thiugh and has been given evidence at Warrington one of the reasons being he saved a lad on the pitch by giving heart massage.

I was on morning duty next day and my section were mainly involved in giving death messages.

CAmeras are often worn on merseyside ..glad to clear that up.

Perch, do you agree with damedna's assertion that Hillsborough was not a police problem?

I disagree with him very strongly. So did the Taylor Inquiry and every inquiry after that.
whats your experience of the police on 23:38 - Mar 8 with 1584 viewsperchrockjack

I most certainly do not. Policing was inadequate, criminally planned and appallingly executed.

The senior officers shatvtheselves as it unfolded and their main focus was deflecting blame be it pissed scousers..a view shared by some on here...

The fear was if gates were locked there woukd have been much trouble..and that was possible...they didn't have the balls to come out and say so and the web of deceit got hold .

And yep I had a colleague who lost his son there..

And yet, even mow, in this site ,uou will have seen references to scousers vids a vis playing martyrs.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

whats your experience of the police on 23:49 - Mar 8 with 1577 viewsHumpty

whats your experience of the police on 23:38 - Mar 8 by perchrockjack

I most certainly do not. Policing was inadequate, criminally planned and appallingly executed.

The senior officers shatvtheselves as it unfolded and their main focus was deflecting blame be it pissed scousers..a view shared by some on here...

The fear was if gates were locked there woukd have been much trouble..and that was possible...they didn't have the balls to come out and say so and the web of deceit got hold .

And yep I had a colleague who lost his son there..

And yet, even mow, in this site ,uou will have seen references to scousers vids a vis playing martyrs.

Thank you. I completely agree. My view exactly. How damedna came to that conclusion despite of everything we now know is incomprehensible to me.

Incomprehensible and disgusting IMO.
whats your experience of the police on 23:52 - Mar 8 with 1575 viewsDavillin

whats your experience of the police on 23:00 - Mar 8 by Humpty

Nor is there any report on towns elsewhere in the States who have zero or near-zero complaints about police, or rates of use of force. I'd bet anything that there are thousands of towns that have zero-zero results without cameras, and zero or near-zero crime rates, but we don't hear about them because that does not fit the agenda

Bit of a strange point with all respect Dav. I'm sure the use of camera in these utopias is hardly going to cause any harm.

Probably I was not clear.

The "story" is that cameras keep down crime, improve police performance, and reduce complaints, but they cite only one California city's results.

In an untold number of towns and cities -- without cameras -- the rates are zero-zero, so they don't fit the "story." [Parenthetically, other posters have filled that in.]

I agree that the use of cameras in those cities won't "cause harm," but that wasn't my point. As I said, I think cameras are a good idea because they do protect the police from false accusations; and they help them to establish whether or not a crime was committed, thus also protecting the innocent.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

whats your experience of the police on 23:58 - Mar 8 with 1570 viewsHumpty

whats your experience of the police on 23:52 - Mar 8 by Davillin

Probably I was not clear.

The "story" is that cameras keep down crime, improve police performance, and reduce complaints, but they cite only one California city's results.

In an untold number of towns and cities -- without cameras -- the rates are zero-zero, so they don't fit the "story." [Parenthetically, other posters have filled that in.]

I agree that the use of cameras in those cities won't "cause harm," but that wasn't my point. As I said, I think cameras are a good idea because they do protect the police from false accusations; and they help them to establish whether or not a crime was committed, thus also protecting the innocent.

Do you not also agree that cameras may also stop the police from using unnecessary violence, arresting people maliciously and generally acting in a manner that they probably don't want the world to see?

To me that is the more important use of cameras. You don't seem to agree. Wouldn't you like to see those things reduced as well? Or is that not important to you?

Or do you not believe those things happen?
whats your experience of the police on 00:05 - Mar 9 with 1562 viewsdameedna

whats your experience of the police on 23:49 - Mar 8 by Humpty

Thank you. I completely agree. My view exactly. How damedna came to that conclusion despite of everything we now know is incomprehensible to me.

Incomprehensible and disgusting IMO.

The situation was badly managed by a number of sources. It was a train wreck waiting to happen. The Taylor report is hindsight. Not sure if you remember Heysel and the people there. Have a look at design of stadium and attitudes at the time, all round and walk on.
whats your experience of the police on 00:05 - Mar 9 with 1561 viewsepaul

whats your experience of the police on 23:58 - Mar 8 by Humpty

Do you not also agree that cameras may also stop the police from using unnecessary violence, arresting people maliciously and generally acting in a manner that they probably don't want the world to see?

To me that is the more important use of cameras. You don't seem to agree. Wouldn't you like to see those things reduced as well? Or is that not important to you?

Or do you not believe those things happen?

How many innocent people have the american cops killed lately, shocking

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

whats your experience of the police on 00:14 - Mar 9 with 1551 viewsHumpty

whats your experience of the police on 00:05 - Mar 9 by dameedna

The situation was badly managed by a number of sources. It was a train wreck waiting to happen. The Taylor report is hindsight. Not sure if you remember Heysel and the people there. Have a look at design of stadium and attitudes at the time, all round and walk on.

I do remember Heysel. It was a train wreck waiting to happen, if managed as badly as it was by the police. I know about stadium designs and attitudes then. I was a regular Swans fan in the eighties and ever since.

You stated Hillsborough was not a police problem.

I think that's complete and utter f*cking bullshit.

If you think the the Police realising they've caused a massive disaster and then immediately trying to deflect blame from themselves by blaming the dead victims is not a "police problem" then you and I have a very different attitude about what we expect from the police.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024