Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 Years Ago Today 07:05 - Apr 30 with 1741 viewsPhil_S

The last ever league game at the Vetch

Take a trip down memory lane with the old girl in our photo gallery - remember to click the thumbnails for the full pictures

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/gallery/Vetch/
10 Years Ago Today on 17:20 - Apr 30 with 1601 viewsloughor_jack

It was a lovely, ugly old stadium.

10 Years Ago Today on 12:32 - May 1 with 1472 viewscontroversial_jack

I'd Love to see pics of the north bank before it was reduced in capacity, and the old double decker too.
10 Years Ago Today on 13:28 - May 1 with 1441 viewsairedale

And we all thought that the East Stand was going to continue round the ground until it met itself coming back.
10 Years Ago Today on 14:24 - May 1 with 1406 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Still miss the night games there under the floodlights after a few sherberts around the Sandfields!!!!

Cant believe its 10 years already!!

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

10 Years Ago Today on 14:53 - May 1 with 1379 viewsmax936

10 Years Ago Today on 14:24 - May 1 by PatchesOHoulihan

Still miss the night games there under the floodlights after a few sherberts around the Sandfields!!!!

Cant believe its 10 years already!!

On an earlier note, l was talking to a mate yday and he mentioned working with Darran Gale and said that he was on the verge of a big money move to Liverpool, but that was skippered when he had a bad injury that virtually finished his career, l remember him back around 82/83, but can't recall his impending move to Liverpool anyone else recall? My memory is piss poor these days

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

10 Years Ago Today on 19:13 - May 1 with 1299 viewsGowerjack

10 Years Ago Today on 14:53 - May 1 by max936

On an earlier note, l was talking to a mate yday and he mentioned working with Darran Gale and said that he was on the verge of a big money move to Liverpool, but that was skippered when he had a bad injury that virtually finished his career, l remember him back around 82/83, but can't recall his impending move to Liverpool anyone else recall? My memory is piss poor these days

I used to work with his Mum...

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

10 Years Ago Today on 20:17 - May 1 with 1264 viewsmax936

10 Years Ago Today on 19:13 - May 1 by Gowerjack

I used to work with his Mum...

He used to work at the Steel Works Bos plant I think as that's where my mate has worked man and boy.

10 Years Ago Today on 21:59 - May 1 with 1228 viewsmorningstar

10 Years Ago Today on 14:53 - May 1 by max936

I remember it, not sure whether it was definitely on mind, but they were looking at him and Pascoe.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Login to get fewer ads

10 Years Ago Today on 22:02 - May 1 with 1218 viewsmorningstar

10 Years Ago Today on 12:32 - May 1 by controversial_jack

I'd Love to see pics of the north bank before it was reduced in capacity, and the old double decker too.

Phil's first ever game was the Hull match so he's only got pics from then onwards!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

10 Years Ago Today on 22:16 - May 1 with 1201 viewsmax936

10 Years Ago Today on 21:59 - May 1 by morningstar

I remember it, not sure whether it was definitely on mind, but they were looking at him and Pascoe.

Yeah I remember Pascoe being on their radar, but can't remember Gale being on it, he was a good player though and seemed a natural goal scorer, http://www.11v11.com/teams/swansea-city/tab/players/season/1983

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024