Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorrento 22:56 - Jun 3 with 2353 viewsrrrspricey

Anyone been?

Off with Mrs P on Friday for a few days. Got a trip to Pompeii and a drive along the Amalfi coast planned, anything else around there worth a visit?
Sorrento on 23:34 - Jun 3 with 2327 viewskensalriser

Vesuvius, Capri and Naples.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sorrento on 23:46 - Jun 3 with 2315 viewsBasingstokeR

Another vote for the boat trip to Capri
Sorrento on 00:49 - Jun 4 with 2289 viewsSonofNorfolt

Positano.
Sorrento on 08:19 - Jun 4 with 2199 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Walk from Positano to Amalfi bloody beautiful, don't attempt it drunk on the way back though, the road barriers are knee height. *wonders how we made it*
Amalfi Cathedral has St Andrew in the crypt and is very inquisition as the Spanish paid for it from memory.

Capri and Herculaneum and Pompei I've been twice to all three. The boat to Capri from Positano is worth it alone.

Limoncillo is shit btw

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Sorrento on 11:49 - Jun 4 with 2128 viewsoldhoop

Sorrento on 08:19 - Jun 4 by Metallica_Hoop

Walk from Positano to Amalfi bloody beautiful, don't attempt it drunk on the way back though, the road barriers are knee height. *wonders how we made it*
Amalfi Cathedral has St Andrew in the crypt and is very inquisition as the Spanish paid for it from memory.

Capri and Herculaneum and Pompei I've been twice to all three. The boat to Capri from Positano is worth it alone.

Limoncillo is shit btw

Honeymooned in Positano.

Dinner on the waterfront at Chez Black is worth every penny. Saw Kirstie Ali and Jerry Springer in there when we went

Be careful in Naples it is dodgy, pickpockets, scammers & bag snathchers.
Sorrento on 12:08 - Jun 4 with 2111 viewsHarbour

Ravello on the Amalfi Coast is stunning village with fantastic views over the Bay....plus as others say Pompey and Versovius a must....have a great break
Sorrento on 12:23 - Jun 4 with 2098 viewsCFW

Been there a few times wonderful place. Do not book trips you can do them yourself. Walk down to the port and take a trip to Capri easy and cheap. Railway station - trains directly into Pompeii, cheap as chips and so easy. The Almafi coast drive is a must and that is the only organised trip you need to do.

One word of caution - make sure you tell you wife to hold her handbag close and NEVER walk along to road with her bag facing the road. They ride their scooters and snatch ladies bags - just be careful.

A few years ago we were walking along with some friends 3 men and 3 women. Four early twenties guys tried to snatch my friends wife bag. Unfortunately for them my mate is a very, very strong bloke who you never want to mix with - within seconds he had sorted them all out and they were running away as fast as they could. I just stood and watched - my services not required. Police came and sorted it - got the blokes and we enjoyed the rest of our holiday.

Great place and you will enjoy - have a nice time.
Sorrento on 13:55 - Jun 4 with 2030 viewsBathRanger

I'd also recommend visiting Herculaneum. Personally I enjoyed it more than Pompei. It's smaller, less crowded, and better preserved that Pompei.

As others have said, Mount Vesuvius is worth a visit and use the train or public transport if you can because it is so cheap.
Login to get fewer ads

Sorrento on 16:43 - Jun 4 with 1957 viewsJuzzie

I went in Oct 98. Did all the same as others, Pompeii, Mount Vesuvius etc. Hired a scooter one day and we went around the Amalfi coast to Salerno. Amazing roads if a little hairy at times!!

A trip to Ischia is recommended too. I think it's about an hour on a ferry but if I recall, the island has something like 360+ natural mineral springs. You pay to go in one of them, just like an outdoor swimming pool so take your cozzie, towels etc! and can spend the day dipping in and out of different types of natural springs. You come out feeling all tingly and refreshed.
Sorrento on 17:51 - Jun 4 with 1923 viewsHantsR

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/103091/sorrento/#1

I had to cancel this trip at the last minute as my wife needed urgent eye surgery - but sa you can see LFW posters were their usual friendly and helpful selves (no irony|)
Sorrento on 18:45 - Jun 4 with 1904 viewsmalcob

if you were to go in the sea the water is bloody freezing

I'd rather be in P block

Sorrento on 19:18 - Jun 4 with 1886 viewsBrightonhoop

Park the car securely and take the train to/from Naples to enjoy the coast.
Tourist stuff is pricey so, if you're tight wad like me, drink the coffees at the bar to get local not tourist rates etc, second Positana. Personally I can't be doing with the dead people stuff....there was a volcano that went off, many didn't survive. End of. Life is for the living.
Have a good holiday.

And use someone like Currencies Direct to change to Euros. Best rates at .5% don't use your Bank or Post Office, they will sting you.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2015 19:23]
Sorrento on 23:37 - Jun 4 with 1801 viewshopphoops

i left a tip on the other Sorrento thread

Clive turns his back for a minute and the site turns into Conde Nast Traveller.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Sorrento on 16:04 - Jun 5 with 1725 viewsBrightonhoop

Speak to Ron Gould on here about the best back street restaurants in Naples. He visits quite regularly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024