Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. 18:26 - Jul 1 with 38082 viewssaxbend

I am really disappointed with the kits, but I'm absolutely furious about the lies.

I hope this video covers the whole story. If you don't think it's that important, feel free to ignore it, but if you're bothered either by the kits or the lies or both then please help make some noise about it.

Cheers

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 08:46 - Jul 2 with 3627 viewstorontolifelongfan

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 08:03 - Jul 2 by daveB

Thats exactly the problem, we're not Man Utd so what does it mater. Thats the attitude at the club, we're only QPR, we should just be grateful to be breathing.

glad you see it as it is..we have gone through some shit times since i started supporting QPR [mid 60's] lived within walking distance then..but we had f'ing good times to,kit was never an issue then;well no sponsors to talk about then.as i said 2015 it is what it is money talks.not long ago finished doing work for Nike over here women's 15k race.these people have more money then sense,hey who knows mu look out...ha..ha..ha
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 10:16 - Jul 2 with 3539 viewsQPunkR

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 08:35 - Jul 2 by connell10

i dont buy kits mate, but i dont like our history pisshed down the drain! you either get it or you dont and thats my last post on this subject!

I'm with you on this.
I don't buy the new kits anyway, so the suggestion that they should make a hooped kit for fans and let the players wear...whatever, doesn't really wash with me.
I just like to see my Rangers play in Hoops

QPR - "shit but local"

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 10:45 - Jul 2 with 3489 viewsdaveB

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 08:27 - Jul 2 by traininvain

Yeah the new kit is sh1t but f you don't like it then don't buy it. Not sure why anyone over the age of 16 would want to buy a replica football kit anyway.

It's a bit embarrassing seeing grown men throw their toys out the pram because the kit doesn't have proper hoops!

That's like saying the team is shit so if you don't like it don't go.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 10:47 - Jul 2 with 3486 viewsCiderwithRsie

The thing to remember on the kit vs on-the-pitch debate, is that it's not an "either or". There's no reason why the marketing department can't make the minimal effort needed to get the kit right - in fact, they don't need to do anything really, they just need to not screw up a classic - while simultaneously a completely different bunch of employees concentrate on getting the actual football right. If Les Ferdinand ends up saying "sorry we got relegated, but I had my hands full designing the kit during the transfer window" then we're even more dysfunctional than I thought.

I'd argue the opposite - that the more we respect our traditions (or failing that, do something new but which is cool and classy in an innovative way,) then the better the team is likely to play because they too buy into the image of the club.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 11:16 - Jul 2 with 3456 viewstimcocking

It's very simple. We are Queens Park Rangers. We play in a hooped shirt. Blue and white hoops at home.

Now, we don't play in hoops anymore.

I find it truly astonishing there are some QPR fans that aren't bothered about it. I fcuking well am. F cuking p !ssed right off about it. The club haven't even had the guts to mention it to us! Just tried to sneak it in as if we wouldn't even notice the superhoops no longer have a hooped shirt. Don't even know whether it's a sponsor thing or a new rule. Either way, it's an absolute f cuking disgrace.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 11:30 - Jul 2 with 3426 viewsdaveB

2nd year in a row now as well with no hoops
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 11:48 - Jul 2 with 3380 viewstorontolifelongfan

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 11:16 - Jul 2 by timcocking

It's very simple. We are Queens Park Rangers. We play in a hooped shirt. Blue and white hoops at home.

Now, we don't play in hoops anymore.

I find it truly astonishing there are some QPR fans that aren't bothered about it. I fcuking well am. F cuking p !ssed right off about it. The club haven't even had the guts to mention it to us! Just tried to sneak it in as if we wouldn't even notice the superhoops no longer have a hooped shirt. Don't even know whether it's a sponsor thing or a new rule. Either way, it's an absolute f cuking disgrace.

so you think nobody care's
everybody care's problem is pl rules & sponsor.buddy hate to see it but what do you want to do about it.see you have 3 options
1.Buy the club
2.Buy Car giant and build the new ground
3.live with it....,most of us have to.but we hate it sometimes
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 11:49 - Jul 2 with 3373 viewsDevonWhite

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 23:48 - Jul 1 by simmo

This video is embarrassing

The thread title is bad enough but the video....christ. I got through about two minutes before I had to turn it off. One of the most cringeworthy things I've ever seen.

Watched it with a face like this:

Login to get fewer ads

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 11:55 - Jul 2 with 3353 viewsrrrspricey

Come on you super....oh hold on a minute...erm...mmmm

Horizontal stripes aaaaaaaaa?

Yes we should worry more about performances blah blah but ensuring we have hooped shirts is simple ffs and they can't even do that without right royally fcuking it up
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 12:36]
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 11:56 - Jul 2 with 3350 viewsdaveB

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 11:48 - Jul 2 by torontolifelongfan

so you think nobody care's
everybody care's problem is pl rules & sponsor.buddy hate to see it but what do you want to do about it.see you have 3 options
1.Buy the club
2.Buy Car giant and build the new ground
3.live with it....,most of us have to.but we hate it sometimes

Or option 4, make the club aware of how crap it is and push to make sure the traditions of the club are not gone forever.

Option 5 as a club don't be bullied into accepting sub standard offerings because the company doing it are a bigger name than us and start having some self respect. they want the contract to supply our kit they should supply what we want not the other way around.

Plenty of other options as well on the kit, shouldn't be a case of buy the club or hard luck. This isn't about a collar being crap of the sleeves looking dodgy, that stuff anyone can get over but getting rid of the hoops for 2 seasons in a row, not acceptable in my book and to do it with a big reveal and looking like they genuinely had no idea this would be an issue says it all about the club, clueless from top to bottom
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 11:58 - Jul 2 with 3343 viewsW5R

Have had some right disagreements with DaveB on here but he's talking a shed load of sense
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 12:07 - Jul 2 with 3322 viewsGloucs_R

Agree with the back panel being another way of making more money. That was the first thing that came into my head.

My lad will get his first kit this year and I have no choice other than to get his name and a number on it.

Poll: Are we staying up?

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 12:23 - Jul 2 with 3289 viewsBasingstokeR

Its not "lies" being told...

More like we're being 'Obi Wan'd';
"you told me Vader murdered my father"
"what I told you was true.... from a certain point of view"

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 12:27 - Jul 2 with 3278 viewsAntti_Heinola

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 12:07 - Jul 2 by Gloucs_R

Agree with the back panel being another way of making more money. That was the first thing that came into my head.

My lad will get his first kit this year and I have no choice other than to get his name and a number on it.

But to be fair, putting 'R' on the back as his surname is not too bad.

Bare bones.

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 12:46 - Jul 2 with 3246 viewsSomersetHoops

I presume this comes down to money and image.
Are we paying Nike to produce this crap? Or are they paying us to be shirt sponsors. If they are sponsoring the club I hope its worth lots and if we aren't paying them we should accept what they want to give us or pay someone to do it right - like just do it, but with proper hoops. If the club actually produced a proper QPR shirt, more people would buy it and that might be worth more in the long run unless Nike really are paying us lots to be our shirt sponsor.

Why do we need Nike and to help their image while devaluing the image and history of QPR.

Has Tony Fernandes any competence in branding, communicating and responding to customers. From this kit fiasco it would seem not. He and the club have made a big thing about the kit launch and I expected that we would return to proper wide hoops and a real QPR kit. Instead we get some rubbish off the peg Nike design again. I would have kept quiet about that and given out the pathetic excuses before the kit launch so fans knew they were being fobbed off with another rubbish kit this season.

Any QPR supporter buying this kit is buying into the falsehood that this kit is acceptable and whoever is responsible has got it right. It isn't and they haven't and if we want the board to respond to what we think of it we need to encourage people not to buy it.

There must be lots of people with spare shirts which were right and perhaps people who want a QPR shirt could be offered a proper one from those who have spares.

Who's Next?

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:12 - Jul 2 with 3213 viewsBlackCrowe

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 13:16 - Jul 2 with 3204 viewsR_from_afar

Look, I too think the shirts would've been better with hoops running all the way round but that video nearly lasted longer than one of our "cup runs" (sorry, I couldn't resist that ).

I am impressed that Saxbend found a recent picture of our team celebrating something, though.

I think we need to move on. We need to avoid this becoming a "final straw" issue because there really are a lot of very grave issues to address at QPR (team performance, youth policy, club mentality and ethos, new stadium, new training ground, FFP et fooking cetera).

RFA

PS: Saxbend, that play-off final video you produced was a top, top vid, one of my favourites Rs ones ever

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 13:22 - Jul 2 with 3190 viewsWilloW4

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 11:58 - Jul 2 by W5R

Have had some right disagreements with DaveB on here but he's talking a shed load of sense

Same as that W5R.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 13:31 - Jul 2 with 3177 viewsspudoodles

I remember mid last season there was a lot of talk from the board about going back to the old badge. The general consensus on Twitter was yes but thats a minor issue, lets concentrate on staying up.

We went down, still got the same badge.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 13:35 - Jul 2 with 3167 viewsdaveB

on a side note i'm off to Florida soon so got a dvd from Sea World the other day showing all the rides, shows etc they have and it featured Saxbend talking about the park as a guest.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 13:40 - Jul 2 with 3148 viewsYorkRanger

I agree with Dave on most things. I'm surprised how excited he has got about this issue.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 13:42 - Jul 2 with 3146 viewsheadhoops

I couldnt give a fuc£ about the kit - dont like it, dont buy it. What a few people have rightly observed is its flies in the face of our heritage and more importantly if Tone and Co can't even get a shirt right - how the hell will they deliver a new ground, new training facilities let alone tackle £millions of debt???
Shambolic leadership - its is possible to play decent football and have a decent kit.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 13:52 - Jul 2 with 3120 viewsGetMeRangers

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 13:42 - Jul 2 by headhoops

I couldnt give a fuc£ about the kit - dont like it, dont buy it. What a few people have rightly observed is its flies in the face of our heritage and more importantly if Tone and Co can't even get a shirt right - how the hell will they deliver a new ground, new training facilities let alone tackle £millions of debt???
Shambolic leadership - its is possible to play decent football and have a decent kit.

Prefer we concentrate on playing decent football first....
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 14:01 - Jul 2 with 3099 viewssimmo

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 08:25 - Jul 2 by connell10

Why, because the bloke cares about our history !

No because it's like one of those videos from Chelsea or Arsnenal fans that everybody watches and cringes/laughs at.

I don't like the kit and lack of proper hoops, etc either, but making a 12 (FCKING TWELVE) minute video to talk about it is cringeworthy and self serving and makes us as fans look like tw@ts.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 14:10 - Jul 2 with 3085 viewsAntti_Heinola

It's an incredible video. But please, can we all just leave Britney alone now?

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024