Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Shaw 21:53 - Sep 15 with 7451 viewsSwaneeRiver

Terrible injury for a young player to suffer.
Hope he recovers soon
Luke Shaw on 22:34 - Sep 15 with 1459 viewsbluenile

Luke Shaw on 22:20 - Sep 15 by SwansNZ

IF he could never play again, he’s already earned enough to have to never need a proper job. I wish I could have said the same at 20

Ever so slightly bitter and envious there................................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Luke Shaw on 22:34 - Sep 15 with 1459 viewspikeypaul

20 year multi millionaire breaks leg I am sure he'll get over it.
The guys I feel sorry for are the joe publics who have work accidents and are forced to live the rest of their lives on £80 a week DLA and are continually tested to see if they can walk 20 yards so they can be forced back into a minimum wage job.
I doubt if Shaw will ever fall into that catergory.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Luke Shaw on 22:40 - Sep 15 with 1437 viewsbluenile

Luke Shaw on 22:34 - Sep 15 by pikeypaul

20 year multi millionaire breaks leg I am sure he'll get over it.
The guys I feel sorry for are the joe publics who have work accidents and are forced to live the rest of their lives on £80 a week DLA and are continually tested to see if they can walk 20 yards so they can be forced back into a minimum wage job.
I doubt if Shaw will ever fall into that catergory.

Of course you'd say exactly the same if it was Jefferson Monterro.................

Luke Shaw on 22:41 - Sep 15 with 1432 viewsLeonisGod

Luke Shaw on 22:40 - Sep 15 by bluenile

Of course you'd say exactly the same if it was Jefferson Monterro.................

I doubt it as he's 26
Luke Shaw on 22:41 - Sep 15 with 1432 viewsSwansNZ

Luke Shaw on 22:34 - Sep 15 by bluenile

Ever so slightly bitter and envious there................................

Bitter? Just stating a very valid opinion, while responding to Perch’s comment about him being young enough to find another job. He would not need to, he’s a multi-millionaire already. All PL players are vastly overpaid, no sense in it at all.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Luke Shaw on 22:48 - Sep 15 with 1415 viewsDarran

Luke Shaw on 22:12 - Sep 15 by perchrockjack

Really.
Who truly gives a shite.

Young kid, massive wages and one who ll have treatment we could only dream of.

If his career was over, he s young enough to find a proper job ,in it.

Bit like Legh Halfpenny?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Luke Shaw on 22:50 - Sep 15 with 1405 viewspikeypaul

But the whole point is I and 99% of us have no connection with Man Utd or Shaw I would expect the scum fans to feel for him just like I would for any of our players .All of us here would obviously feel for a family member who was ill but would not give a second thought to someone we did not know.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Luke Shaw on 22:50 - Sep 15 with 1403 viewsSwansNZ

It’s ok everybody, he's fine, already fecking twittering...

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Shaw on 22:52 - Sep 15 with 1391 viewsbluenile

Luke Shaw on 22:50 - Sep 15 by pikeypaul

But the whole point is I and 99% of us have no connection with Man Utd or Shaw I would expect the scum fans to feel for him just like I would for any of our players .All of us here would obviously feel for a family member who was ill but would not give a second thought to someone we did not know.

You mean none of us feel any sympathy for others who have hardship or are ill, because we don't know them personally?...............You need to stop judging others by your own morals.

Luke Shaw on 22:55 - Sep 15 with 1382 viewsbluenile

We're a great football club, and we have come a long way from virtually nothing. But, on occasion, the arrogance and lack of any form of human sympathy shown by some supporters is truly horrific. Just as some look down on other teams because they are below us. Just a little humility please.................

Luke Shaw on 22:55 - Sep 15 with 1382 viewsmonmouth

Luke Shaw on 22:48 - Sep 15 by Darran

Bit like Legh Halfpenny?

Indeed. In rugby it's an even bigger risk, but most players don't get f**k off life lasting earnings, unless they are the at the very very top end. Anyone that plays that game these days though is a few twigs short of the full perch; Jon Thomas retired today as he suffers epilepsy following too many head knocks.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Luke Shaw on 22:59 - Sep 15 with 1372 viewsSwansNZ

Luke Shaw on 22:55 - Sep 15 by bluenile

We're a great football club, and we have come a long way from virtually nothing. But, on occasion, the arrogance and lack of any form of human sympathy shown by some supporters is truly horrific. Just as some look down on other teams because they are below us. Just a little humility please.................

#prayforlukeshaw

Luke Shaw on 23:03 - Sep 15 with 1358 viewspikeypaul

Twist it which ever way you like Shaw is not I'll or experiencing hardship he broke his leg and will get over it, you are like the other tosser who still has not got over us sticking it up Man Utd a couple of weeks back.

Luke Shaw on 23:12 - Sep 15 with 1345 viewsmorningstar

Luke Shaw on 22:32 - Sep 15 by monmouth

Its a risk of playing the game, and they are more than rewarded for that risk. I don't like it happening to anyone, but I'm not going to open a vein. Neil Taylor came back from a terrible injury, so did Ramsey. This guy will have to show some real courage - which most of these kids never have to at his age - and that could be the making of him, who knows.

I feel more sympathy for my mate who broke his collar bone playing rugby and won't be paid for a while as he's self employed, and my sister even though she's an arse that dislocated and broke her ankle ice skating and was terrified that her sick pay period would end before she recovered.

So forgive me if I don't join in with the inevitable hand wringing that will follow about this.

Sorry Mon, i totally disagree with you. That kid (he's 20 so i'll call him a kid) has dreams and aspirations from something he's been dedicated to almost his whole life. It's got nothing to do with the big bucks he's paid at all. He's probably devastated tonight and ye I feel for him. So let's feel some empathy for him, just like I do for your mate who broke his collar bone playing rugby when he knew the risks he was taking as he was self employed eh?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Luke Shaw on 23:16 - Sep 15 with 1335 viewsmonmouth

Luke Shaw on 23:12 - Sep 15 by morningstar

Sorry Mon, i totally disagree with you. That kid (he's 20 so i'll call him a kid) has dreams and aspirations from something he's been dedicated to almost his whole life. It's got nothing to do with the big bucks he's paid at all. He's probably devastated tonight and ye I feel for him. So let's feel some empathy for him, just like I do for your mate who broke his collar bone playing rugby when he knew the risks he was taking as he was self employed eh?

Aye but for Shaw it's a setback, not a disaster. Unless it finishes his career, in which case I would agree that it's a horse of a different colour. There are going to be words like tragedy used for this, I can see it coming.

Luke Shaw on 23:20 - Sep 15 with 1334 viewsmorningstar

Luke Shaw on 23:16 - Sep 15 by monmouth

Aye but for Shaw it's a setback, not a disaster. Unless it finishes his career, in which case I would agree that it's a horse of a different colour. There are going to be words like tragedy used for this, I can see it coming.

Looks like career finishing or as near as to me. If it is, ye, then it's a tragedy for him.

Luke Shaw on 23:22 - Sep 15 with 1331 viewsSwansNZ

Luke Shaw on 23:20 - Sep 15 by morningstar

Looks like career finishing or as near as to me. If it is, ye, then it's a tragedy for him.

how does it look like a career ending injury?

Luke Shaw on 23:31 - Sep 15 with 1315 viewsmonmouth

Luke Shaw on 23:20 - Sep 15 by morningstar

That would be an entirely fair assessment in those circumstances

Luke Shaw on 23:34 - Sep 15 with 1313 viewsmorningstar

Luke Shaw on 23:22 - Sep 15 by SwansNZ

how does it look like a career ending injury?

Because at this early stage without anyone knowing anything, his manager has said he won't play again this season! He's had a double leg fracture and his shin was dangling!

Luke Shaw on 23:39 - Sep 15 with 1308 viewsSwansNZ

Luke Shaw on 23:34 - Sep 15 by morningstar

Because at this early stage without anyone knowing anything, his manager has said he won't play again this season! He's had a double leg fracture and his shin was dangling!

But his career is longer than just this season. Who's to say he won’t be back next season, or even before the end of this one.

Luke Shaw on 00:04 - Sep 16 with 1295 viewsmorningstar

Luke Shaw on 23:39 - Sep 15 by SwansNZ

But his career is longer than just this season. Who's to say he won’t be back next season, or even before the end of this one.

Maybe he will be back on Saturday! .........or the Saturday after......Come on eh? Don't be silly. The guy has had an horrific injury, and it's very potentially career ending.

Luke Shaw on 00:12 - Sep 16 with 1291 viewsSwansNZ

Luke Shaw on 00:04 - Sep 16 by morningstar

Maybe he will be back on Saturday! .........or the Saturday after......Come on eh? Don't be silly. The guy has had an horrific injury, and it's very potentially career ending.

He won’t be back on Saturday or the one after, and might be out for the season. I’d wager he’ll be back playing again next season.

Luke Shaw on 02:11 - Sep 16 with 1230 viewsTreforys_Jack

There are some decent posters on this thread that have seriously let themselves down.
Luke Shaw on 07:39 - Sep 16 with 1185 viewsraynor94

Luke Shaw on 02:11 - Sep 16 by Treforys_Jack

There are some decent posters on this thread that have seriously let themselves down.

Got to agree, horrible attitude towards a young man with a horrific injury, Ramsey came back but it took a while, all the best in your recovery Luke

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Luke Shaw on 08:14 - Sep 16 with 1150 viewsItchySphincter

I was playing football once when one of my teammates clean snapped his leg. He was a bit of a tw@t but I still felt a bit sorry for him, and we didn't have any subs. He got pinned and screwed and was back within a year.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024