Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Shaw 21:53 - Sep 15 with 7450 viewsSwaneeRiver

Terrible injury for a young player to suffer.
Hope he recovers soon
Luke Shaw on 20:37 - Sep 16 with 1287 viewsSwansNZ

Luke Shaw on 19:33 - Sep 16 by Hidden_Hand

Hope the lad makes a full recovery, nasty business!

Why people feel the need to tell other people not to have any empathy for him is beyond me.

If you don't give a f*ck, then just ignore the thread and move on. No need to spread your clear hate and bitterness.

I wonder if they would be as callous if it was one of our players?
[Post edited 16 Sep 2015 19:34]

For me, Monmouth summed it up very well…
“I don't see anybody that has said that they are glad that he broke his leg, simply that it's not a disaster. Merely a setback and occupational hazard. His manager reckons he'll be out for 6 months. I, like everyone I'm sure, wish him well in his recovery, but forgive me if I don't weep.”

The most hateful and bitter posts appear to be coming from people telling others that they should be holding candle light vigils or similar. This is not a Luke Shaw appreciation thread, so why do people have to ignore it, if they have an opinion/comment that you don’t like?

It’s not one of our players though, is it. I don’t support United, or Luke Shaw. When Neil Taylor had his injury, which you could say was comparable, then yes, that is totally different, because he’s a Swansea player, we are Swansea supporters.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Luke Shaw on 20:41 - Sep 16 with 1282 viewsMrSwerve

Luke Shaw on 20:37 - Sep 16 by SwansNZ

For me, Monmouth summed it up very well…
“I don't see anybody that has said that they are glad that he broke his leg, simply that it's not a disaster. Merely a setback and occupational hazard. His manager reckons he'll be out for 6 months. I, like everyone I'm sure, wish him well in his recovery, but forgive me if I don't weep.”

The most hateful and bitter posts appear to be coming from people telling others that they should be holding candle light vigils or similar. This is not a Luke Shaw appreciation thread, so why do people have to ignore it, if they have an opinion/comment that you don’t like?

It’s not one of our players though, is it. I don’t support United, or Luke Shaw. When Neil Taylor had his injury, which you could say was comparable, then yes, that is totally different, because he’s a Swansea player, we are Swansea supporters.

Indeed, well said. If Shaw had been ruled out for the rest of his career it would be a bit different...no one wants to see a career end (possibly apart from Shawcross and Adam...they're allowed).

I think it's just the #prayfor generation doing its thing.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Luke Shaw on 20:42 - Sep 16 with 1275 viewsDr_Winston

Luke Shaw on 20:41 - Sep 16 by MrSwerve

Indeed, well said. If Shaw had been ruled out for the rest of his career it would be a bit different...no one wants to see a career end (possibly apart from Shawcross and Adam...they're allowed).

I think it's just the #prayfor generation doing its thing.

I blame Princess Diana.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Luke Shaw on 20:46 - Sep 16 with 1266 viewsmonmouth

Luke Shaw on 20:42 - Sep 16 by Dr_Winston

I blame Princess Diana.

Well she never held back from a tackle.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Luke Shaw on 20:53 - Sep 16 with 1249 viewsDr_Winston

Luke Shaw on 20:46 - Sep 16 by monmouth

Well she never held back from a tackle.

James Hewitt's tackle, Will Carling's tackle, Hasnat Khan's tackle, Dodi Fayed's tackle...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Luke Shaw on 23:57 - Sep 16 with 1234 viewsGlyn1

Luke Shaw on 20:30 - Sep 16 by MrSwerve

Oh, a witty picture!

Do you really think united fans would give a shite if Ash broke his leg? Some of the things I saw written about him after the RvP incident were shocking.

What's that got to do with anything?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Luke Shaw on 14:09 - Sep 17 with 1165 viewsJackSomething

I personally quite liked the comment on the situation from a football website:

"We had a couple of (unpublished) mails to the inbox on Wednesday asking why there was an outpouring of sympathy with a footballer who earns a huge amount of money, to which there seemed two obvious replies:

1) Because not everyone is a d*ck like you, and

2) Because the amount of money you earn does not act as an emotional blanket, a protector against the potentially devastating psychological effects of serious injury. One second your career is ahead of you, the next it will never be the same again."

On the clueless argument that we shouldn't feel sympathy for Shaw because much worse stuff happens to other people, I won't feel sorry for my infant son when he falls and grazes his knee. I'll ignore his tears and look at him with contempt because others have it much worse than him.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Luke Shaw on 14:20 - Sep 17 with 1154 viewsmonmouth

Luke Shaw on 14:09 - Sep 17 by JackSomething

I personally quite liked the comment on the situation from a football website:

"We had a couple of (unpublished) mails to the inbox on Wednesday asking why there was an outpouring of sympathy with a footballer who earns a huge amount of money, to which there seemed two obvious replies:

1) Because not everyone is a d*ck like you, and

2) Because the amount of money you earn does not act as an emotional blanket, a protector against the potentially devastating psychological effects of serious injury. One second your career is ahead of you, the next it will never be the same again."

On the clueless argument that we shouldn't feel sympathy for Shaw because much worse stuff happens to other people, I won't feel sorry for my infant son when he falls and grazes his knee. I'll ignore his tears and look at him with contempt because others have it much worse than him.

Liking your thinking on the contempt JS.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Shaw on 15:28 - Sep 17 with 1130 viewsperchrockjack

It's about perspective.
A broken leg playing football is nothing for a top pro.

It is if you re self employed and face house repossession.

Sadly those seeing themselves as greater humanists than others have taken the higher moral ground.

Fact it, it's insulting for those for whom breaking or losing a limb is a life changing experience.

Now, have you dicks finally got that.

Good, finally, shaw and his injury will be forgotten in six months whereas those suffering a serious injury often won't be

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Luke Shaw on 15:46 - Sep 17 with 1115 viewsJackSomething

Luke Shaw on 15:28 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

It's about perspective.

Sadly those seeing themselves as greater humanists than others have taken the higher moral ground.

Fact it, it's insulting for those for whom breaking or losing a limb is a life changing experience.

Good, finally, shaw and his injury will be forgotten in six months whereas those suffering a serious injury often won't be

Ask Aaron Ramsey how long it took him to forget his similar injury. Wenger reckons it took 3 years until he got over it fully.

It's not taking the moral high ground at all. I saw how nasty the injury was and how much pain he was in and felt sorry for him. To be that's just a natural reaction. To not feel sympathy would imply sociopathic tendancies. Or maybe someone trying to project a certain image on a forum.

Again you say we shouldn't feel sympathy because some have it worse. So you agree I should feel no sympathy for my infant son if he falls and grazes his knee? After all, plenty have it worse than him don't they?

Luke Shaw on 15:50 - Sep 17 with 1113 viewsDarran

It's about perspective.

Innit.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Luke Shaw on 15:55 - Sep 17 with 1108 viewsWhiterockin

It's about perspective.

It's about perspective.

Wrong, although unlikely it could be career ending. There is a strong possibility Shaw will miss the European Championships.

Wrong. Not every self employed person who breaks a leg will face house repossession.

Wrong. We are just trying to show compassion to fellow human beings and treat people equally.

Wrong. It is not insulting for those whom breaking or losing a limb is a life changing experience. They probably understand compassion more than most.

Wrong.

Wrong. Shaw's injury will not be forgotten in 6 months, regretfully it will have a higher profile than most as it will be continually in the press.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Luke Shaw on 16:02 - Sep 17 with 1094 viewsperchrockjack

Luke Shaw on 15:55 - Sep 17 by Whiterockin

It's about perspective.

Wrong, although unlikely it could be career ending. There is a strong possibility Shaw will miss the European Championships.

Wrong. Not every self employed person who breaks a leg will face house repossession.

Wrong. We are just trying to show compassion to fellow human beings and treat people equally.

Wrong. It is not insulting for those whom breaking or losing a limb is a life changing experience. They probably understand compassion more than most.

Wrong.

Wrong. Shaw's injury will not be forgotten in 6 months, regretfully it will have a higher profile than most as it will be continually in the press.

Wrong on all accounts.

So there we have it.

ALICK JEFFERY broken leg was.

Never mind.

Luke Shaw on 16:04 - Sep 17 with 1091 viewsJackSomething

Luke Shaw on 16:02 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

Wrong on all accounts.

So there we have it.

ALICK JEFFERY broken leg was.

Never mind.

Well done on admitting your mistake Richard. Takes a big man to admit when he's wrong.

Luke Shaw on 16:13 - Sep 17 with 1083 viewsraynor94

Luke Shaw on 15:55 - Sep 17 by Whiterockin

It's about perspective.

Wrong.

Great post!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Luke Shaw on 17:17 - Sep 17 with 1052 viewsTreforys_Jack

Dicks for having an opinion different to yours ? Ha ha ok fella
Luke Shaw on 18:02 - Sep 17 with 1033 viewsperchrockjack

This is a great post..

Shaw and his injury Will Be forgotten .

He will be just fine..

The poster who reckoned a self employed person losing or breaking a limb wouldn't or couldn't lose his home ...words fail me. I mean it flies in the face of what is real.

You can't lay bricks, do electrics, engineer or anything physical if you lose a leg or suffer significant injury.
Ergo, you'll lose your livelihood.

Just Gera room lads or have a daisy chain

Luke Shaw on 18:06 - Sep 17 with 1029 viewsjackthepeg

Luke Shaw on 21:58 - Sep 15 by Neath_Jack

Someone in work with us broke his leg in two places this week, awful business.

Bad luck that, going to 2 different places and then breaking a leg in each place
Luke Shaw on 18:18 - Sep 17 with 1019 viewsperchrockjack

Cruel that peg.

In all seriousness, I am genuinely amazed at some of the correspondents on here regarding this topic.

As I've said, I've seen too much genuine ,life changing tragic injuries and events and it must have affected my thinking regarding a footballer who ll be in plaster for a while, then having the very best rehab..this at a time people in Wales wait ages for such .

You can't work if you're sick or injured. If you ve not got insurance or the cover of good sick pay you face hardship , yet this viewpoint is seen as bolloks. And you talk of being humanists.!.

So...shaw...injury...is not tragic. It's not really that sad, all things considered. I note judi drench going blind...that is

Luke Shaw on 18:28 - Sep 17 with 1009 viewsJackSomething

Luke Shaw on 18:18 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

Cruel that peg.

In all seriousness, I am genuinely amazed at some of the correspondents on here regarding this topic.

As I've said, I've seen too much genuine ,life changing tragic injuries and events and it must have affected my thinking regarding a footballer who ll be in plaster for a while, then having the very best rehab..this at a time people in Wales wait ages for such .

You can't work if you're sick or injured. If you ve not got insurance or the cover of good sick pay you face hardship , yet this viewpoint is seen as bolloks. And you talk of being humanists.!.

So...shaw...injury...is not tragic. It's not really that sad, all things considered. I note judi drench going blind...that is

You haven't answered my question. Should I not show my infant son any sympathy when he falls and grazes his knee? After all far worse things happen to other people.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2015 18:28]

Luke Shaw on 18:50 - Sep 17 with 987 viewsDarran

Luke Shaw on 18:28 - Sep 17 by JackSomething

You haven't answered my question. Should I not show my infant son any sympathy when he falls and grazes his knee? After all far worse things happen to other people.

One.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Luke Shaw on 19:02 - Sep 17 with 977 viewsNeath_Jack

Luke Shaw on 18:50 - Sep 17 by Darran

One.

Two.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Luke Shaw on 19:15 - Sep 17 with 973 viewsJackSomething

Luke Shaw on 18:50 - Sep 17 by Darran

One.

Can you do it in percentages please?

Luke Shaw on 19:25 - Sep 17 with 964 viewsMrSwerve

Luke Shaw on 18:28 - Sep 17 by JackSomething

If you were walking in town and saw a child with their parent, and the child fell over and grazed his knee, would you run over to give sympathy?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Luke Shaw on 19:35 - Sep 17 with 956 viewsJackSomething

Luke Shaw on 19:25 - Sep 17 by MrSwerve

If you were walking in town and saw a child with their parent, and the child fell over and grazed his knee, would you run over to give sympathy?

No, because the parent would deal with it. But I would instinctively feel sympathy, because I'm not a sociopath.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024