Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If and when we don't get promoted this season... 09:59 - Dec 16 with 2302 viewsSuffolkHoop

What does TF want to do? What can he afford to do?

We need stability, and we need to let JFH make the decisions. I believe he will get us promoted within 3 years.
If and when we don't get promoted this season... (n/t) on 10:02 - Dec 16 with 2289 viewsStanisgod

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

If and when we don't get promoted this season... on 10:03 - Dec 16 with 2280 viewsbosh67

I agree. Although I have a feeling there may be a changing of the owner guard at the end of the season. I have a real feeling that JFH is the right man, finally. He seems to understand the club. He has been very keen on this job for 6 years apparently. He knows a lot of the club staff. He told my cousin, who has known him for 15 years, he has had this dream of making us like the magical team of the 70s. That's a very positive thing to hear. He's definitely on a mission to bring the good times back properly here and in a way that is in keeping.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

If and when we don't get promoted this season... on 10:05 - Dec 16 with 2266 viewsStanisgod

I wouldn't worry as I don't think we'll go up this year. Just enjoy seeing a few months of effort and hard work getting prepared for an assault next season.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

If and when we don't get promoted this season... on 10:24 - Dec 16 with 2228 viewsSuffolkHoop

I get a real sense that JFH is excited to be in the job. He wants to turn us around and he thinks he can do it. If we finish 7th and TF gets rid I'll be very angry with QPR, this is their last chance to run the club properly before I lose interest.
If and when we don't get promoted this season... on 11:19 - Dec 16 with 2178 viewsadhoc_qpr

We should be competing for a playoffs spot, which really means finishing 5 - 10th come the end of the season.

Play like we did last night and i think we would have comfortably beaten probably 18 of the 24 teams in the Championship.

If JFH gets us playing consistently, well organised and has reasonable luck with injuries then we should be in the playoff mix.
If and when we don't get promoted this season... on 11:26 - Dec 16 with 2160 viewsPinnerPaul

Unless we are much worse off than we are now, board would be mad to get rid of JFH.
If and when we don't get promoted this season... on 14:12 - Dec 16 with 2105 viewsessextaxiboy

The danger is that he massively improves us , but we just miss out or lose in the playoffs and a mid table Prem team or Boro if they go up and struggle try to take him ...
[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 14:13]
If and when we don't get promoted this season... on 14:24 - Dec 16 with 2091 viewsLush1664

If and when we don't get promoted this season... on 11:26 - Dec 16 by PinnerPaul

Unless we are much worse off than we are now, board would be mad to get rid of JFH.

Ah, and therein lies the problem - madness is the first requirement for being on the board at QPR!!
Login to get fewer ads

If and when we don't get promoted this season... on 14:30 - Dec 16 with 2077 viewskingsburyR

Bristol away is a real yard stick to see how far we have come in a short term under JFH.

Three weeks ago we would have struggled for a point.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

If and when we don't get promoted this season... on 14:33 - Dec 16 with 2072 viewsNorthernr

Interesting few months ahead. We've almost certainly breached FFP again so there will be an embargo coming our way sooner or later.
If we can stave that off long enough I'm optimistic that JFH can do what Warnock, Hughton, Howe etc have done recently at this level which is use the second half of this season to work out where we're strong and weak, get summer transfer business done early, fly out of the blocks next August and storm the place.
If and when we don't get promoted this season... on 14:38 - Dec 16 with 2057 viewsPinnerPaul

If and when we don't get promoted this season... on 14:33 - Dec 16 by Northernr

Interesting few months ahead. We've almost certainly breached FFP again so there will be an embargo coming our way sooner or later.
If we can stave that off long enough I'm optimistic that JFH can do what Warnock, Hughton, Howe etc have done recently at this level which is use the second half of this season to work out where we're strong and weak, get summer transfer business done early, fly out of the blocks next August and storm the place.

As discussed previously, putting old FFP settlement aside, accounts for this season won;t be published until Jan 17 at the earliest so there certainly won't be an embargo before then.

As has been pointed out previously they can't impose an embargo for the set of accounts we're arguing about currently, I don't think - just a fine.
If and when we don't get promoted this season... on 14:41 - Dec 16 with 2055 viewssimmo

Based on the VERY limited evidence so far, you can only assume that JFH's QPR once it's brought up to fitness and is used to the way he wants to play, will be a proper team that's a real force to be reckoned with in this league. It's the type of togetherness that has seen teams like Burnley do so well on far less resources.

Par tof me hopes we don;t get promoted this season, so we are forced to have a proper clear out and only retain the commited. We will be far better prepared in 18 months anyway - if we keep JFH and foster some stability
[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 14:42]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

If and when we don't get promoted this season... on 16:54 - Dec 16 with 1949 viewsFDC

Part of me--the horrible cynical part that dwells in cellars and delights at terrible karaoke singers--suspects that we're in danger of imprinting all of our desires for a hero to sweep in and solve the past 10 years worth of problems onto an impressive-speaking guy who's quite suave after two games.

On the other hand I'm quite swept up in it too and suspect this is something of a last chance saloon for TF and chums, and they probably see that. I agree with Simmo in that I'd like to see what two or three seasons with JFH building at this level looks like before taking on the prem again. If, and more likely when, we don't go up this season, if it really is promotion or nothing this season for them I really can't see the board getting shot of another manager without there being open dissent amongst the support, and I think a change of ownership would be more likely.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 17:02]
If and when we don't get promoted this season... on 21:29 - Dec 16 with 1840 viewsTacticalR

Perhaps it would help if we knew what the plan was? In particular, if the board has recently divined that our players are so good that we should be in the top six, and Ramsey was then sacked for us not being in the top six, will Hasselbaink also be sacked if we are not in the top six?
[Post edited 16 Dec 2015 21:30]

Air hostess clique

If and when we don't get promoted this season... on 23:06 - Dec 16 with 1771 viewsHayesender

I know it's only been two games, but I'm definitely getting my mojo back thanks to Jimmy

Poll: Shamima Beghum

If and when we don't get promoted this season... on 00:12 - Dec 17 with 1719 viewsrrrspricey

Personally I don't want promotion this season as we'll struggle again particularly with a smaller budget.

Much rather consolidate, let JFH build a team of fighters who will give their all every game and push for promotion next season.
If and when we don't get promoted this season... on 00:34 - Dec 17 with 1703 viewsNeil_SI

It will certainly be an interesting few months ahead, but the board didn't bring JFH here for a three-year plan, they want and expect promotion at the first attempt, this season. So I'm intrigued what they'll do if that's not achieved.

But even if it is achieved, I'm not convinced JFH is a long term appointment by any means, if there's a better offer and a better club out there to go to, and if he's done well, with the rolling contract situation it's a scenario that suits all parties concerned for their goals and ambitions.
If and when we don't get promoted this season... on 05:32 - Dec 17 with 1644 viewsisawqpratwcity

If and when we don't get promoted this season... on 00:34 - Dec 17 by Neil_SI

It will certainly be an interesting few months ahead, but the board didn't bring JFH here for a three-year plan, they want and expect promotion at the first attempt, this season. So I'm intrigued what they'll do if that's not achieved.

But even if it is achieved, I'm not convinced JFH is a long term appointment by any means, if there's a better offer and a better club out there to go to, and if he's done well, with the rolling contract situation it's a scenario that suits all parties concerned for their goals and ambitions.

Given the appalling damage done by the lack of application or commitment of so many 'entitled' operating here under the terms of expensive, fixed-length contracts, it's interesting, indeed worthy of study as a new paradigm, that the club has actively embraced the concept of managerial (ie, structural) semi-impermanence.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

If and when we don't get promoted this season... on 09:06 - Dec 17 with 1546 viewsMvpeter

I also believe Jimmy will take us up within the next few years and will have a hell of a lot more of a chance keeping them up than getting in the boy Krancjar.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024