Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christmas Cheese thread.... 17:22 - Dec 21 with 4307 viewsBrightonhoop

http://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/food-drink/cheese-triggers-the-same

This article, for many, may help explain the cheese lust....this year I have found the best Gouda I've ever tasted, and one sold here called Old Amsterdam, like a salty old cheddar but better. My christmas cheese board will also feature a fine Roqufort and some French brie and a proper stinky camembourt.

Missing the sussex classics like Black Bomber, apple and oak smoked cheddars but Spain has some excellent cheeses too. So over to you, your favourite cheese this Christmas?
Christmas Cheese thread.... on 08:42 - Dec 24 with 805 viewsPlanetHonneywood

There was a eureka moment yesterday in a cheese shop in Pitshanger Lane, when I discovered bleu des basques cheese available.

At a considerably more expensive price than what I pay in France, but worth every penny.

Another little thing the French have taught me, is having a little honey with your cheese. Initially I was a tad skeptical, but now a little dash with a hard cheese or even something like a brie, makes such a difference. Utter indulgence on my part, but I wasn't going to get it as cheap over here, I returned with a little pot of truffle infused honey which I will apply a little on my Crimbo yarg tomorrow.

Bon degustation to one and all!!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Christmas Cheese thread.... on 13:18 - Dec 24 with 772 viewsCopenranger

Christmas Cheese thread.... on 13:58 - Dec 23 by aston_hoop

Good stuff, I have a few Dutch shops where I live in Spain so I'll check it out! Failing that, my girlfriend is from Odense (and in the new year will hopefully be the latest Danish visitor to HQ) and I get over to Copenhagen quite a bit so I will look out for it!

It's fairly common in danish supermarkets (at least the red, milder version), so you won't have much trouble finding it over here.
Hope you manage to turn her (girlfriend, not cheese) in to a proper R's fan, there's not a lot of us in DK :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024