Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Manager 23:53 - Dec 28 with 8855 viewsPlasticJack

Who do you want then? Be realistic if you can.

Poll: Who starts up front at Old Trafford?

New Manager on 16:09 - Dec 29 with 1583 viewsThornburyswan

New Manager on 13:32 - Dec 29 by monmouth

Someone without a frigging 'philosophy'

Personally I don't object to a 'philosophy' provided he's not wedded to it - if he's the right man he'll need to keep us up first, probably add a couple of bodies in Jan & he can then review the squad (in line with his philosophy over the summer) - for the next 20 matches it needs to be all about another 20+ points.
New Manager on 16:11 - Dec 29 with 1577 viewsmonmouth

New Manager on 16:05 - Dec 29 by mrrockin

Yes fair point, you've got me there.

Yes, I believe a manager should have a philosophy - explain to me why this is a bad thing.

You think a football manager should study of the fundamental nature of reality, existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language?

I think they should just be able to pick and organise a side to play a simple game.

Philosophy my arse.

(I actually think we are agreeing, but I detest the pretentious arseholes like Van Gaal and the rest with their 'philosophies' and I wouldn't wipe my arse with Rodgers' dossier. Talk about lucky overpaid smegs taking themselves too seriously).

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New Manager on 16:12 - Dec 29 with 1568 viewsmrrockin

The reason we're in the prem is because we have a philosophy but as sadly many need to be kept reminded of that fact.

If we had maintained the 'tried and tested' Jackett style in their faces approach do you really think we'd be arguing about maintaining our prem status. At best we'd probably be mid table in the championship.
New Manager on 16:15 - Dec 29 with 1555 viewsmonmouth

New Manager on 16:12 - Dec 29 by mrrockin

The reason we're in the prem is because we have a philosophy but as sadly many need to be kept reminded of that fact.

If we had maintained the 'tried and tested' Jackett style in their faces approach do you really think we'd be arguing about maintaining our prem status. At best we'd probably be mid table in the championship.

We don't have a philosophy.

We have, or rather had, a style of play. Is the reason every other club is in the prem because they have a philosophy too? Seeing as ours is so different like.

New Manager on 16:16 - Dec 29 with 1550 viewsmrrockin

New Manager on 16:11 - Dec 29 by monmouth

You think a football manager should study of the fundamental nature of reality, existence, knowledge, values, reason, mind, and language?

I think they should just be able to pick and organise a side to play a simple game.

Philosophy my arse.

(I actually think we are agreeing, but I detest the pretentious arseholes like Van Gaal and the rest with their 'philosophies' and I wouldn't wipe my arse with Rodgers' dossier. Talk about lucky overpaid smegs taking themselves too seriously).

Fergie has a philosophy.

Mourinho has a philosophy

Wenger has a philosophy

We can go back in time to Shankley, Busby, Clough etc

Pulis has a philosophy (right or wrong)

All extremely successful managers/clubs (in general) have a philosophy. I'm not talking Nietzsche for crying out loud.
New Manager on 16:18 - Dec 29 with 1537 viewsmrrockin

New Manager on 16:15 - Dec 29 by monmouth

We don't have a philosophy.

We have, or rather had, a style of play. Is the reason every other club is in the prem because they have a philosophy too? Seeing as ours is so different like.

It isn't too different now, philosophy is more than style of play though it's ethos, integrity, vision, respect for the past, I would go on but I understand you'll be vomiting soon.
New Manager on 16:25 - Dec 29 with 1518 viewsmonmouth

New Manager on 16:16 - Dec 29 by mrrockin

Fergie has a philosophy.

Mourinho has a philosophy

Wenger has a philosophy

We can go back in time to Shankley, Busby, Clough etc

Pulis has a philosophy (right or wrong)

All extremely successful managers/clubs (in general) have a philosophy. I'm not talking Nietzsche for crying out loud.

Ah right, so you're joining in with the overhyped misuse of language that brainless football folk and the likes of talksport use to make themselves feel self important.

Fair enough. We'll have to maintain different opinions on whether it was my toungue-in-cheek comment that was really stupid then in this case.

New Manager on 16:29 - Dec 29 with 1506 viewsmrrockin

New Manager on 16:25 - Dec 29 by monmouth

Ah right, so you're joining in with the overhyped misuse of language that brainless football folk and the likes of talksport use to make themselves feel self important.

Fair enough. We'll have to maintain different opinions on whether it was my toungue-in-cheek comment that was really stupid then in this case.

Pure semantics.

This is football we're discussing not the rise and fall of the Ottoman Empire. I think we are in agreement but finding ways to disagree, it's all good fun.

In answer to the original question a manager with a distinct ideology
Login to get fewer ads

New Manager on 16:34 - Dec 29 with 1488 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

New Manager on 13:36 - Dec 29 by premierjack

I don't!!

If he wanted to come he would have been here by now. I've heard a few times that he's regarded as one of the best managers around?? I find that very hard to believe as he's never linked to any of the big jobs when they are available!!

I know pep said it so he must respect him a lot but if he was that good, wouldn't pep have him on his team? I think it's just said out of respect for him because he's obviously shown him a lot

I'm not bothered either , well I am because I put some money on him .

I meant We .......as in the club wanted him .

Can't see it now , I think we couldn't afford his first signing never mind his wages 😄.

Maybe there's a twist in January with others.

I seriously hope so .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

New Manager on 16:34 - Dec 29 with 1488 viewsmonmouth

New Manager on 16:18 - Dec 29 by mrrockin

It isn't too different now, philosophy is more than style of play though it's ethos, integrity, vision, respect for the past, I would go on but I understand you'll be vomiting soon.

Ah now, if you're saying the club, as an organisation, has a philosophy, I can go with you. I liked the vomiting comment because Van Ghoul actually does make me feel like that. We were talking managers, and I'm a bit fed up with every self important, self righteous billy big bollux manager having a 'philosophy'.

New Manager on 16:37 - Dec 29 with 1480 viewsmrrockin

New Manager on 16:34 - Dec 29 by monmouth

Ah now, if you're saying the club, as an organisation, has a philosophy, I can go with you. I liked the vomiting comment because Van Ghoul actually does make me feel like that. We were talking managers, and I'm a bit fed up with every self important, self righteous billy big bollux manager having a 'philosophy'.

Ok maybe 'to qualify' what I'm getting at. I want a manager who wants to be manager of the football 'club' not the team e.g. invest in the youth. Look towards the long term etc.
New Manager on 16:45 - Dec 29 with 1438 viewsdobjack2

New Manager on 08:57 - Dec 29 by dgt73

Haven't got a clue.

That makes two of us. The press have no idea what is going on and are rapidly losing interest for now.
New Manager on 16:45 - Dec 29 with 1438 viewsmonmouth

New Manager on 16:37 - Dec 29 by mrrockin

Ok maybe 'to qualify' what I'm getting at. I want a manager who wants to be manager of the football 'club' not the team e.g. invest in the youth. Look towards the long term etc.

Now you're talking. Can you imagine this club with a Shankly, a Busby or a Stein. A man with a true long term vision and strategy.

Could he keep Huw's neb out though?

New Manager on 16:50 - Dec 29 with 1413 viewsmrrockin

New Manager on 16:45 - Dec 29 by monmouth

Now you're talking. Can you imagine this club with a Shankly, a Busby or a Stein. A man with a true long term vision and strategy.

Could he keep Huw's neb out though?

After all of that nonsense we're now in agreement.

Yep, my emphasis has always been on a boot room mentality, that's why I would have been happy with Monk in coaching staff but not manager.

I don't really fancy a 'big name' who will here today gone tomorrow.
New Manager on 17:08 - Dec 29 with 1385 viewsOldjack

Got a feeling El Loco is still in the running

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

New Manager on 17:10 - Dec 29 with 1293 viewsDr_Winston

The rotation of managers, the regular influx of new ideas and new influences onto a pre-existing structure are why we've been as successful as we have. We tried the boot room approach and look where it got us.

Best available candidate for every vacancy please.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New Manager on 17:17 - Dec 29 with 1274 viewsCooperman

New Manager on 17:08 - Dec 29 by Oldjack

What feeling is that then?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

New Manager on 17:34 - Dec 29 with 1232 viewsAngelRangelQS

Id be amazed
New Manager on 17:39 - Dec 29 with 1214 viewsOldjack

New Manager on 17:34 - Dec 29 by AngelRangelQS

Id be amazed

Well he's back from his holls at the start of January i believe, so we're hanging on until then ,I'm finding it a bit strange we've not appointed anyone yet ,aren't you ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

New Manager on 17:42 - Dec 29 with 1202 viewsCooperman

New Manager on 17:39 - Dec 29 by Oldjack

Well he's back from his holls at the start of January i believe, so we're hanging on until then ,I'm finding it a bit strange we've not appointed anyone yet ,aren't you ?

When you put it like that...

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

New Manager on 18:07 - Dec 29 with 1161 viewsAngelRangelQS

New Manager on 17:39 - Dec 29 by Oldjack

Yes but it won't be Bielsa I don't think
New Manager on 18:08 - Dec 29 with 1154 viewsHuw57

New Manager on 18:07 - Dec 29 by AngelRangelQS

Yes but it won't be Bielsa I don't think

Who then?

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

New Manager on 18:31 - Dec 29 with 1109 viewsblaine_scfc

Me too.

After the Man Utd game I reckon.
New Manager on 18:45 - Dec 29 with 1069 viewsmonmouth

Bielsa 11-1 on Skybet. You boys know what to do...

New Manager on 18:50 - Dec 29 with 1052 viewsdobjack2

New Manager on 18:45 - Dec 29 by monmouth

Bielsa 11-1 on Skybet. You boys know what to do...

Is he available as an each way bet?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024