Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Naismith 13:33 - Jan 12 with 25133 viewsDanGom1

Rumours that he's turned down Norwich for us, would you be happy with that?
Naismith on 06:08 - Jan 13 with 3599 viewsStarsky

Some swans posters are more interested in Internet cock waving than discussing potentially decent incoming signings. Get over yourselves ffs.
I,don't give a fook about big club bollocks. It's derailing an otherwise decent thread.

It's just the internet, init.

Naismith on 07:33 - Jan 13 with 3464 viewsdobjack2

Naismith on 06:08 - Jan 13 by Starsky

Some swans posters are more interested in Internet cock waving than discussing potentially decent incoming signings. Get over yourselves ffs.
I,don't give a fook about big club bollocks. It's derailing an otherwise decent thread.

Unfortunately indicative of how the "established premiership club" that wants to "move to the next level" mindset has set in with some of us. This is only the second time we have been in the top division and the fall from the last one was spectacular to say the least. Hopefully we can survive this season and it will act as a wake up call to all. If we go down this year we will be comparative nobody's in the championship.

We don't have a huge stadium,fan base, revenue outside of TV money or a sugar daddy so there is a clear risk of going clean through the championship if we cannot hold onto key players a lot of whom would look to jump ship in my view with a risk of a fire sale. It is only the tv money that is keeping us up, and large chunks are being spent on mercenary players: we have well and truly joined the rat race there

If we stay up outside investment is needed to try and lessen the risk of us being in the same position every season until we drop out. Clearly stadium expansion is now very low on the priority list. we also need to re-evaluate our recruitment strategy to include hungry players from lower divisions not just promising youngsters and mercenaries from abroad.

I may be being disrespectful to the shareholders but they may have seen this coming and may have instigated their abortive attempt to sell shares before a crash.

It won't be easy to get the right type of investment- ie investment into the club not just a transfer of shares and there will be a price to pay for for that investment as an investor won't want a pesky trust having too great a say.

So forget the billy big bollox stuff and remember who we are and why we got here. At the moment we are acting like a club with a rich sugar daddy buying mercenaries when all we have is TV money. Too many on this board are talking like the supporters of clubs we laughed at because of their arrogance when we got promoted.

Rant over.
Naismith on 07:47 - Jan 13 with 3434 views3swan

Naismith on 21:38 - Jan 12 by Thornburyswan

For me the only English clubs bigger than Everton are the usual top 4 (Arse, MUtd, Citeh & the Chavs) plus Liverpool (fan base/trophies/history etc) - Spurs are in the same level for me but with the 'London' location gives them a better platform, without a new investor & retention of players like Stones/Barkley/Lukaku Everton cannot challenge the top 5 for me.

That said they are clearly, for what it's worth, bigger than Villa, Barcodes, Leeds, Forest etc etc

Matches my thoughts as well
Naismith on 07:50 - Jan 13 with 3427 views3swan

Naismith on 22:40 - Jan 12 by Dyfnant

£8M for an impact sub lol

He would start most games if he came.

Didn't we pay £5m for a striker who hasn't had much game time
Naismith on 09:13 - Jan 13 with 3262 viewsDyfnant

Naismith on 07:50 - Jan 13 by 3swan

He would start most games if he came.

Didn't we pay £5m for a striker who hasn't had much game time

Most here reckon he plays Gylfi's role, if true he hopefully won't be coming.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Naismith on 09:15 - Jan 13 with 3256 viewsProfessor

Naismith on 21:38 - Jan 12 by Thornburyswan

For me the only English clubs bigger than Everton are the usual top 4 (Arse, MUtd, Citeh & the Chavs) plus Liverpool (fan base/trophies/history etc) - Spurs are in the same level for me but with the 'London' location gives them a better platform, without a new investor & retention of players like Stones/Barkley/Lukaku Everton cannot challenge the top 5 for me.

That said they are clearly, for what it's worth, bigger than Villa, Barcodes, Leeds, Forest etc etc

Spot on.

Always think of Everton as being the same ilk (traditionally) as City and Spurs ,with Utd, Arsenal and since the 1960s Liverpool as the bigger clubs. Forest are not a big club, but overachieved under Clough. Leeds, Wolves, Villa, the Sheffield clubs, West Ham, Newcastle and Sunderland (and before Abrahamovic's money) Chelsea as the 3rd tier of big clubs, although most are chronic underachievers.

SOmewhere in the early 1990s Everton missed the gravy train or they would appear bigger than they are. Also being a Liverpool club they don't get the hype of Spurs, Chelsea and West Ham
Naismith on 12:28 - Jan 13 with 3077 viewsjack247

Sheffield United and Wolves. Jesus wept.
Naismith on 12:37 - Jan 13 with 3047 viewsProfessor

Naismith on 12:28 - Jan 13 by jack247

Sheffield United and Wolves. Jesus wept.

How do you define it?

Both have grounds that hold 32K. Both won the FA cup 4 times. Wolves have won the League 3 times and the Blades once. Both in larger catchment areas in terms of population (Wolves are well supported in Shropshire as well as Staffs). Chelsea had won less before their current riches. West Ham have never won the League and neither have we or Cardiff. In fact Spurs last championship was in the same era as Wolves success

We punch above our weight, but Swansea is a small city in a poor area financially
Login to get fewer ads

Naismith on 12:42 - Jan 13 with 3020 viewsjack247

Naismith on 12:37 - Jan 13 by Professor

How do you define it?

Both have grounds that hold 32K. Both won the FA cup 4 times. Wolves have won the League 3 times and the Blades once. Both in larger catchment areas in terms of population (Wolves are well supported in Shropshire as well as Staffs). Chelsea had won less before their current riches. West Ham have never won the League and neither have we or Cardiff. In fact Spurs last championship was in the same era as Wolves success

We punch above our weight, but Swansea is a small city in a poor area financially

In relation to Everton, not us.
Naismith on 12:45 - Jan 13 with 2999 viewsProfessor

Naismith on 12:42 - Jan 13 by jack247

In relation to Everton, not us.

I agree Everton are a bigger club-below the very top tier, but as big as Spurs
Naismith on 13:05 - Jan 13 with 2931 viewsjeza739

Anyway! Back on topic. According to SSN Naismith deal to Norwich has stalled but still expected to go ahead.
Naismith on 13:13 - Jan 13 with 2869 viewsOldjack

Naismith on 13:05 - Jan 13 by jeza739

Anyway! Back on topic. According to SSN Naismith deal to Norwich has stalled but still expected to go ahead.

This not good ,C'mon Huw have a word with Judas ffs mun

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Naismith on 14:43 - Jan 13 with 2726 viewsyescomeon

Think Naismith as the false nine with Ayew and one of Montero/Routledge/Barrow as wide forwards with Siggy as a more attack minded midfielder and two or Cork/Ki/Britton as the 2 deeper midfielders could do the job. Back 5 picks itself, Taylor, Williams, Fernandez, Rangel, Fabianski.

Upthecity!

Naismith on 15:29 - Jan 13 with 2638 viewsperchrockjack

Depends on how big is perceived.

Sunderland, many would say bigger than Newcastle having same size fanbase and illustrious history.

Sheffield weds bigger than Utd.arguably.

Pointless argument.

Everton have a history of firsts and achievements. Hate the club

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Naismith on 16:00 - Jan 13 with 2564 viewsStarsky

Naismith on 15:29 - Jan 13 by perchrockjack

Depends on how big is perceived.

Sunderland, many would say bigger than Newcastle having same size fanbase and illustrious history.

Sheffield weds bigger than Utd.arguably.

Pointless argument.

Everton have a history of firsts and achievements. Hate the club

Stay on topic ffs.
The topic is about Naismith, not big Billy bollocks ... Yes we know you hate Everton. You mention it on every Everton thread.

It's just the internet, init.

Naismith on 17:54 - Jan 13 with 2427 viewsDarran

Naismith on 16:00 - Jan 13 by Starsky

Stay on topic ffs.
The topic is about Naismith, not big Billy bollocks ... Yes we know you hate Everton. You mention it on every Everton thread.

He's bound to hate Everton he's a Liverpool fan FFS.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Naismith on 18:02 - Jan 13 with 2402 viewsperchrockjack

TRULY what a pitiful pair you are.

YOU REALLY CANT SEE IT CAN YOU.

BIG was a byproduct of this thread and thus my comments.

TAKE THAT YOKE OFF YOUR BACK STARSKY..

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Naismith on 13:50 - Jan 14 with 2245 viewsJACKARSE

Curt on Naismith ...

"I think he's on a list [of transfer targets]," said Curtis.

"I know he's a player available - he's an excellent player.

"Like all good players, if we can afford to bring him in, then we will be interested.

"We're still looking for that main striker. Steve is probably someone who plays just behind the main striker but someone we will be interested in."
Naismith on 13:54 - Jan 14 with 2201 viewsChrisSCFC

Please make it happen.

A real grafter who gives 100% at all times and scores goals.

Exactly the sort of player we need and the type of player who could keep us up.
Naismith on 14:06 - Jan 14 with 2123 viewsPrivate_Partz

Naismith on 13:50 - Jan 14 by JACKARSE

Curt on Naismith ...

"I think he's on a list [of transfer targets]," said Curtis.

"I know he's a player available - he's an excellent player.

"Like all good players, if we can afford to bring him in, then we will be interested.

"We're still looking for that main striker. Steve is probably someone who plays just behind the main striker but someone we will be interested in."

'If we can afford him' being the operative words here. I am all for prudence but we really have to move into the red ever so slightly to rectify the mistakes of the last two years. Otherwise the whole shooting match will go tits up.
If we fail At least we will have tried. Being 10-30m I debt going into the Championship is not the end of the world. There will be plenty there in far worse condition.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Naismith on 14:10 - Jan 14 with 2109 viewsOldjack

Naismith on 13:54 - Jan 14 by ChrisSCFC

Please make it happen.

A real grafter who gives 100% at all times and scores goals.

Exactly the sort of player we need and the type of player who could keep us up.

Yep ,well worth going the extra mile to get his services ,make it happen Huw ffs

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Naismith on 14:11 - Jan 14 with 2105 viewsshandyjack

Naismith on 14:06 - Jan 14 by Private_Partz

'If we can afford him' being the operative words here. I am all for prudence but we really have to move into the red ever so slightly to rectify the mistakes of the last two years. Otherwise the whole shooting match will go tits up.
If we fail At least we will have tried. Being 10-30m I debt going into the Championship is not the end of the world. There will be plenty there in far worse condition.

the words 'i think he's on a list of potential targets'

shouldn't he know who the targets are and telling HJ who he needs more off the list

Poll: Expectation for the season

Naismith on 14:20 - Jan 14 with 2049 viewsThornburyswan

Naismith on 14:11 - Jan 14 by shandyjack

shouldn't he know who the targets are and telling HJ who he needs more off the list

I think he plays the 'kind, bumbling uncle' role with the media - trying to answer their questions & be really helpful but not knowing much brilliantly................not suggesting he's a Wenger/Ferguson/Mourinho but he's a lot sharper than he comes across...... more like a poor man's Rafa in his early days!
Naismith on 14:34 - Jan 14 with 1984 viewsTheKirkyLife

Naismith on 14:11 - Jan 14 by shandyjack

He can't give it away totally. You can tell he's inexperienced by not keeping his mouth shut :D
Naismith on 16:01 - Jan 14 with 1745 viewsunion_jack

Naismith on 14:06 - Jan 14 by Private_Partz

I think the task of staying up will be a relatively easier battle than coming back up so I think we need to gamble a little.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024