Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FORCED RELOCATION 16:19 - Jun 8 with 33323 viewspatchboy

Emails have been sent out in this afternoon TELLING all season ticket holders in the family (South) stand without an under 16 in their group MUST be RELOCATED elsewhere by the 11th June. After this date they will get in touch with you to move you. They are not allowing anybody to be relocated to the WEST at all. In our circumstances, we are family made up of sister,nephew etc and so wanted 6 seats together. This option was not available and we have to settle for a 3 in one row, 2 in another row and a single on their own.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2016 16:22]
FORCED RELOCATION on 13:32 - Jun 9 with 3058 viewsmonmouth

FORCED RELOCATION on 13:04 - Jun 9 by Jackfath

I'll come and sit next to you when there's loads of free seats next season.

Maybe you already do...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

FORCED RELOCATION on 13:35 - Jun 9 with 3056 viewslondonlisa2001

I am thrilled that we're keeping this sort of 'commercial and marketing expertise' around next season. Hurrah.

On a more serious note, bearing in mind one of the reasons we 'have' to have new owners is because of expansion, wouldn't it make sense to say that everyone acknowledges that the situation needs rectifying and we need to allow more kids into the stadium, but it will be sorted with a dedicated family stand as soon as the capacity is improved, and in the meantime, natural migration should help a little. At the same time, an indicative timescale for expansion could be given which one would assume will now be imminent (as it's the reason for the sale).

When we have more capacity, it'll be easy to lay out rules for when people have to move within the stadium, which everyone will know up front?
FORCED RELOCATION on 13:38 - Jun 9 with 3041 viewsJackfath

FORCED RELOCATION on 13:35 - Jun 9 by londonlisa2001

I am thrilled that we're keeping this sort of 'commercial and marketing expertise' around next season. Hurrah.

On a more serious note, bearing in mind one of the reasons we 'have' to have new owners is because of expansion, wouldn't it make sense to say that everyone acknowledges that the situation needs rectifying and we need to allow more kids into the stadium, but it will be sorted with a dedicated family stand as soon as the capacity is improved, and in the meantime, natural migration should help a little. At the same time, an indicative timescale for expansion could be given which one would assume will now be imminent (as it's the reason for the sale).

When we have more capacity, it'll be easy to lay out rules for when people have to move within the stadium, which everyone will know up front?

Stop making sense.

Good album that.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

FORCED RELOCATION on 13:39 - Jun 9 with 3039 viewsJackfath

FORCED RELOCATION on 13:32 - Jun 9 by monmouth

Maybe you already do...

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

FORCED RELOCATION on 13:43 - Jun 9 with 3030 viewsMoscowJack

FORCED RELOCATION on 13:25 - Jun 9 by Phil_S

And that is the exact point made back this morning

I have been told it is not compulsory but made the point that the email reads very much the opposite

As well as the very short deadline. I can't understand why this seems to have been so rushed.

It's almost as if the fans were an afterthought.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

FORCED RELOCATION on 16:57 - Jun 9 with 2797 viewswaynekerr55

FORCED RELOCATION on 13:43 - Jun 9 by MoscowJack

As well as the very short deadline. I can't understand why this seems to have been so rushed.

It's almost as if the fans were an afterthought.

By fans for fans mun.

Arf...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:15 - Jun 9 with 2750 viewsStarsky

The trust have a supporters director that's I assume attends all of the board meetings.
Is this latest relocation from family seats initiative something that would me on a board meetings agenda?
If not, why not?
If the ticket office have total artistic licence on the ticket arrangements then lied help us if this is the best they can come up with.

It's just the internet, init.

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:21 - Jun 9 with 2736 viewsdougie

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:15 - Jun 9 by Starsky

The trust have a supporters director that's I assume attends all of the board meetings.
Is this latest relocation from family seats initiative something that would me on a board meetings agenda?
If not, why not?
If the ticket office have total artistic licence on the ticket arrangements then lied help us if this is the best they can come up with.

This must have been a board decision starsky so the trust surely would have known. There is no way the stadium could do this off their own back surely
Login to get fewer ads

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:34 - Jun 9 with 2706 viewsClydachjack

I sit in the south and this is the first I've heard of this, had no email. Been sat in my seat since the stadium opened, I sit there because I've always watched the swans from behind the goals, 20+ years on the east terrace.

After the farce of the new screens being shoved right in front of us if I do receive an email I'll politely tell them where to shove it.
FORCED RELOCATION on 17:37 - Jun 9 with 2701 viewsBigPhilG

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:34 - Jun 9 by Clydachjack

I sit in the south and this is the first I've heard of this, had no email. Been sat in my seat since the stadium opened, I sit there because I've always watched the swans from behind the goals, 20+ years on the east terrace.

After the farce of the new screens being shoved right in front of us if I do receive an email I'll politely tell them where to shove it.

I'm in the same position as you, no email either and I couldn't agree more. If contacted they'll get a polite get stuffed from me
FORCED RELOCATION on 17:54 - Jun 9 with 2671 viewsDewi1jack

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:31 - Jun 8 by 3swan

So to sum up your posts.

The club did a survey 15 months ago

You renewed a few months ago?

You are given a few days to sort out a move.

I can understand the reasoning but such a short timescale is not on after they already have taken your money.

Haven't they entered into a contract by allowing you to renew

This is exactly how I was reading that EMail.
Doesn't affect me or my family, been in the ASBO stand since we moved there.
Are the club going to force families with U16s sitting elsewhere in the ground to relocate to the rugrats stand, so they can allow families with over age kiddies to sit together?
Probably not.
What if they try and those sitting where the atmosphere is refuse to move?
Trouble is, if they force you to move and you kick up a fuss, they can possibly just give your money back and say your no longer welcome/ banned etc.
Little or no right of appeal- going to court is an expensive option and they still sell your ticket to someone else, so there's no room for you to sit once you win.
Yet another clusterfuk by our incompetent snidey, sneaky, slimy sell out b'stards.
Premier League on the pitch. Just relegated from the Ryman Isthmian league off it.
Sooner the Septics sack them all except Jenkins the better.
Start again with the best people for the job (Jenkins is probably the best man for the job at the mo). Build our club off the field properly, once the playing side is sorted.
Before someone has a pop at me for attacking the off field antics of Coco the Clown et al, why didn't the club sort this problem PRIOR to allowing the renewals?
Think the answer is because they're tw@s end of.

Good luck to anyone affected by this poor decision.
Hope you all still manage to sit with your family

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

FORCED RELOCATION on 18:00 - Jun 9 with 2653 viewsHighjack

This is clearly another reason to leave the EU.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

FORCED RELOCATION on 18:23 - Jun 9 with 2603 viewsairedale

FORCED RELOCATION on 18:00 - Jun 9 by Highjack

This is clearly another reason to leave the EU.

Will that mean we can get rid of the unsafe standing?
FORCED RELOCATION on 19:32 - Jun 9 with 2507 viewsNeathJack

I notice the Commercial Director seems to have had a rare day off Twitter today. Strange that.....

No doubt he'll be back once this settles down though retweeting any compliments.
FORCED RELOCATION on 19:39 - Jun 9 with 2494 viewswaynekerr55

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:32 - Jun 9 by NeathJack

I notice the Commercial Director seems to have had a rare day off Twitter today. Strange that.....

No doubt he'll be back once this settles down though retweeting any compliments.

Now now Mr NJ one knows that us proles are lucky just to get tickets.

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:49 - Jun 9 with 2471 viewsNeathJack

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:39 - Jun 9 by waynekerr55

Now now Mr NJ one knows that us proles are lucky just to get tickets.

Aye. Hopefully the Customer Director will be able to shed some light on this.....
FORCED RELOCATION on 19:55 - Jun 9 with 2458 viewswaynekerr55

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:49 - Jun 9 by NeathJack

Aye. Hopefully the Customer Director will be able to shed some light on this.....

Someone will be along shortly to provide an alternative view on the matter.

It's clear that it had to be done but with 3 days notice? That's just tin pot.

FORCED RELOCATION on 20:01 - Jun 9 with 2447 viewsNeathJack

FORCED RELOCATION on 19:55 - Jun 9 by waynekerr55

Someone will be along shortly to provide an alternative view on the matter.

It's clear that it had to be done but with 3 days notice? That's just tin pot.

It's certainly either incompetence or negligence.

Or both. Yes, probably both.
FORCED RELOCATION on 20:03 - Jun 9 with 2444 viewswaynekerr55

FORCED RELOCATION on 20:01 - Jun 9 by NeathJack

It's certainly either incompetence or negligence.

Or both. Yes, probably both.

"Xmastree was unavailable for comment"

(Hunt, 2016:3)

FORCED RELOCATION (n/t) on 22:32 - Jun 9 with 2272 viewsgrampajack

FORCED RELOCATION on 11:19 - Jun 9 by Highjack

Out of interest did everyone who is posting on this thread who is being forced to move get the chance to vote in this survey that resulted in 41% "overwhelmingly" voting for a family stand?

I filled in a survey which started by saying something like " If / when the planned stadium expansion takes placeAND more seating is available, would you consider moving to another part of the stadium ..... ". Reminds me of the highland clearances in Scotland.
[Post edited 9 Jun 2016 22:45]
FORCED RELOCATION on 22:35 - Jun 9 with 2258 viewsgrampajack

FORCED RELOCATION on 12:42 - Jun 9 by Jackfath

I still haven't had an email.

Nor me .
FORCED RELOCATION on 23:00 - Jun 9 with 2225 viewsDaithejack

I've sat with my old man in the same seats in the East since the stadium opened and I'm not interested in moving but when the survey came out about the expansion my brother in law asked if I'd pay the £100 quid to put his and his boys names on the waiting list if the expansion ever got done, he's been after season tickets for a few years with no luck. I got the email this week asking if I was interested in buying tickets in the south, I thought this would involve me having to give up my seat in the East but it's not the case. We called in the ticket office today and they allowed him to buy the two tickets in the South and I just stay where I am. Now these are two new season ticket holders not moves so I can only assume that quite a few people didn't renew this year or the club have released a new block of tickets for season ticket sales otherwise it's taking a bit of a chance selling new tickets before all the moves are sorted out? I thought that the season tickets were a sell out already or was that not the case?? Either way if your involved in this I'd get down there and get it sorted ASAP there were quite a few not very happy people in there today. Worked out great for my brother in law his boys over the moon and I think it's a good idea but it could have been done a lot better, it should have been done a time of renewal. They made a point of telling him that when his boy hits 16 they would be expected to move so think this is going to be an ongoing thing.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

FORCED RELOCATION on 23:04 - Jun 9 with 2216 viewsmonmouth

FORCED RELOCATION on 22:35 - Jun 9 by grampajack

Nor me .

Nor me

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

FORCED RELOCATION on 23:44 - Jun 9 with 2173 viewsLoyal

I can see it now hundreds of season ticket holders with relocation letters in their hands all crammed on dinghys floating off the bay as police and bar stewards battle to stop them getting to their preferred seats. Camps being set up and fences ringing round the people who are now hungry and start to throw empty plastic glasses and stale pasties ( very dangerous ) at the law. Oxwich bay is over populated, children as young as Leon Britton trying to find shelter as the sirens in the distance get closer and not a bucket or spade in sight. The ice cream van has been turned over, the relocation of all these people will have a knock on effect for years, for fecks sake vote out, or even in or don't bother, either way this is a Swansea hell, and yes they fcking started it by hiding all of Leigh Dineens ties. This is so critical now the cost to lives and the locality will be something we will all have to live with for years.

Only a naked red nosed Mike Lewis in a bra and knickers with a toilet brush up his harris will suffice. Oh Mikey where are you Mikey.

I've had too much Bacardi, night 👍🇫🇷🍷

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

FORCED RELOCATION on 17:04 - Jun 10 with 1869 viewsicantbelieveit

Update on this situation. I have been to the club ticket office this morning but had to visit on two occassions. First time to discuss what Phil S had stated on this topic yesterday the same info was also said in the evening post that is it is an option of moving rather than a forced move. Apparently the emails are sent out in batches and everyone, who is in the south stand with no one in their group 16 or under will be relocated.
There are loads of seats that have been vacated in the East Stand, so they have the ability to relocate upto a group size of 27 seats to a new location in the East Stand. This basically means unless you group is huge then you will be relocated. I suggested that people sitting in the south stands do so for their preference in watching the games from behind the goal and had the club thought about moving the away fans to a corner, so those in the South stand could get their mirrored seat in the North Stand. To which I was told this will never happen. The second visit I made was to sort out my own seat, which has been possible only because one of my group has now transferred his ticket to one of my children, who I couldn't get a seat for in my current row.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024