Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steely Dan. How good were they? 19:01 - Jul 17 with 6836 viewsmarkrtid

I know its not Friday but I have been listening to the new Michael Kiwanuka LP which I think along with Steve Mason should at least be nominated for a Mercury prize this year.
I ventured off to Al Green for a while and then landed on Steely Dan and i'm reminded of long hot summers as a kid and when Radio 1 actually mattered and getting sunburnt in the garden.
I think I might be havin a turn.
Peace.

Steely Dan. How good were they? on 06:04 - Jul 18 with 2041 viewsRs_Holy

Steely Dan. How good were they? on 06:22 - Jul 18 with 2028 viewslondonscottish

Great songs, top musicianship, amazing production values.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Steely Dan. How good were they? on 07:00 - Jul 18 with 2016 viewsjonno

Steely Dan. How good were they? on 03:17 - Jul 18 by derbyhoop

I dug out my vinyl copy of Pretzel Logic to try out on my USB turntable before we packed things away for the move to France. I wasn't impressed. I must have liked it once, but that was 40 years ago.

There's something with you. Steely Dan, fantastic music. Wishbone Ash, twin lead guitars with some kind of baroque influence as well on Argus. Superb.
Steely Dan. How good were they? on 09:39 - Jul 18 with 1974 viewsenfieldargh

Steely Dan. How good were they? on 20:16 - Jul 17 by ted_hendrix

One day I might start a thread "Wishbone Ash. How good were they"?

Feast yourself on Wishbone Ashe's 'Blowin Free' a guitar intro, middle and outro like nothing else.

Bought all wishbone ashes albums in the 70's. Loved Argos in fact I sold all my records to a dealer and the ash ones were worth higher than average.

Steely Dan awesome

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

Steely Dan. How good were they? on 17:59 - Jul 21 with 1867 viewsDannyPaddox

All hail the Dan! The music, the playing, the arrangements. Every song a short story. Not forgetting the drinks. One day I'm gonna get smashed on all the drinks referred to in Dan lyrics. Off the top of my head: Cuervo Gold, grapefruit wine, cherry wine, kirschwasser, scotch whisky, and a zombie cocktail (drank from the cocoa shell of course). Burp!

Great live version of Kid Charlemagne:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2m4jtv
[Post edited 21 Jul 2016 18:05]
Steely Dan. How good were they? on 21:07 - Jul 21 with 1824 viewsSonofNorfolt

Nearly Dan are at the Jazz Cafe on Sunday 14th August.
It usually sells out as they are on the fukking money.
Steely Dan. How good were they? on 21:31 - Jul 21 with 1814 viewsBlackCrowe

Steely Dan are Summer (and autumn, winter, spring too, but mostly Summer). Touring throughout the US at the moment and so want them to get over here.

The only album to rival them on the feel good Summer stakes is Santana's Abraxas.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Steely Dan. How good were they? on 22:42 - Jul 21 with 1789 viewsBoston

Steely Dan. How good were they? on 21:45 - Jul 17 by Roller

Not really his style, but he did feature on the "collectors classic" album, The Beerdrop Explodes - as did I on the cover outside the aforementioned Fox and Ferkin. I wonder if any of the few on here who know me can spot me over 30 years ago.

[Post edited 17 Jul 2016 21:47]

You're the bird wiv the curly hair drinking out of the jam jar, right?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024