Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club 20:21 - Jul 18 with 9582 viewsSwansTrust

The Supporters' Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of Swansea City Football Club...

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2016/07/18/trust-remains-disappointed-at-the-lack-of
[Post edited 18 Jul 2016 20:22]

www.swanstrust.co.uk

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 22:16 - Jul 20 with 1573 viewsWatchman

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 19:25 - Jul 20 by MoscowJack

I respect Chris Wathan quite a lot, but he was either blindsided or totally blown away with the exclusive the club gave to him about the American deal.

I TRY to find balance and see things from a different perspective but there's definitely as strong PR campaign going on at the Liberty and has for a while. The likes of CW are probably too scared to write the real truth in fear of missing the Premier League luxuries he's writing about every week.

It's hard for the Trust at the moment - if they say anything it can be used against them. If they say nothing, that's used against them by others.

I personally think we, the fans, need to be patient with the Trust and trust that they're doing the right thing. I just wish they had sold their shares when they had the chance.

spot on Nick

Wise heads still tongues. They know every single word they utter will be scrutinized hence the silence, they will be watching and reading the forums! The monied ones will be ever so careful to project the correct story hence the buying of Vincent!

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 22:17 - Jul 20 with 1570 viewsmonmouth

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 22:12 - Jul 20 by NeathJack

I'm assuming that'll be because they flew in today?

They don't fly, they 'jet'. They are 'jetting in' to 'finalise'....they're high powered go getters mun.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 22:58 - Jul 20 with 1523 viewsPhil_S

On the stuff about Huw being in the States. Huw was hugely involved in setting up the last few pre season trips and has done a massive amount of work in working with our fanbase in America to try and drive up what we do.

I can see the arguments why people say he shouldn't be there and I can see the arguments why he should. The trip was to see through the work that he had done and it feels right that he did that bit.

I don't view it personally as any kind of endorsement just part of his work with the club.
Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 23:03 - Jul 20 with 1515 viewsdobjack2

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 22:05 - Jul 20 by Phil_S

The Evening Post need to get a new impeccable source if they think Levein and Kaplan are flying in tomorrow

Your short comment to my précis of the post article sums up the fecking mess we are in.

I understand your position in that the trust board are limited in what they can say because of confidentiality issues. However this is a fecking mess.

As far as the general public is concerned the current shareholders have no idea who they are selling to yet put out a load of bullshirt in the press.

I appreciate that you may not be able to answer these questions but:

1) is there any commitment from the prospective majority shareholders to expand capacity at the stadium

2) is there any commitment from the prospective majority shareholders to buy the stadium

3) is there any commitment from the prospective majority shareholders to invest in the playing staff if so how much?

4) is there any commitment from the prospective majority shareholders to do anything?
Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 23:39 - Jul 20 with 1476 viewsLoyal

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 22:58 - Jul 20 by Phil_S

On the stuff about Huw being in the States. Huw was hugely involved in setting up the last few pre season trips and has done a massive amount of work in working with our fanbase in America to try and drive up what we do.

I can see the arguments why people say he shouldn't be there and I can see the arguments why he should. The trip was to see through the work that he had done and it feels right that he did that bit.

I don't view it personally as any kind of endorsement just part of his work with the club.

He should be overseeing initiatives not being involved in them at that level.
Control freak ?
Was the blonde companion a part of the initiative ? 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 10:32 - Jul 21 with 1371 viewsUxbridge

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 23:03 - Jul 20 by dobjack2

Your short comment to my précis of the post article sums up the fecking mess we are in.

I understand your position in that the trust board are limited in what they can say because of confidentiality issues. However this is a fecking mess.

As far as the general public is concerned the current shareholders have no idea who they are selling to yet put out a load of bullshirt in the press.

I appreciate that you may not be able to answer these questions but:

1) is there any commitment from the prospective majority shareholders to expand capacity at the stadium

2) is there any commitment from the prospective majority shareholders to buy the stadium

3) is there any commitment from the prospective majority shareholders to invest in the playing staff if so how much?

4) is there any commitment from the prospective majority shareholders to do anything?

I can answer those questions in two letters.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 10:36 - Jul 21 with 1361 viewsMoscowJack

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 10:32 - Jul 21 by Uxbridge

Would those two words have any connection to nasal sex?

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 10:40 - Jul 21 with 1343 viewsUxbridge

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 10:36 - Jul 21 by MoscowJack

Would those two words have any connection to nasal sex?

I don't want to know what you get up to in Russia old chap

I think we're all interested to hear what investment plans, if any, are proposed. Plus how they'll be funded of course.

Login to get fewer ads

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 10:40 - Jul 21 with 1343 viewsmax936

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 10:32 - Jul 21 by Uxbridge

Yep, and it remains very worrying there's 20,000 people who go to watch us play at the Liberty and a few 1,000 that attend away games, yet we're treated like this, none of us know what the fuk is going on the expansion seems to have been pulled and there's very little going on regarding new players coming in, on top of that it looks like we've missed out Allen.

www.miserable.com

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 10:46 - Jul 21 with 1322 viewsUxbridge

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 10:40 - Jul 21 by max936

Yep, and it remains very worrying there's 20,000 people who go to watch us play at the Liberty and a few 1,000 that attend away games, yet we're treated like this, none of us know what the fuk is going on the expansion seems to have been pulled and there's very little going on regarding new players coming in, on top of that it looks like we've missed out Allen.

www.miserable.com

Oh, I think expansion is much more likely under any new buyer.

Has all this had an impact on the timings of signings? Truth is I don't know. It was always expected that deals would be slow due to the Euros (there hasn't been a massive amount of movement anywhere) but we're all painfully aware where we need to strengthen. However, I've seen little evidence to expect a different approach to what we've done in the past.

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 10:47 - Jul 21 with 1319 viewsmax936

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 10:40 - Jul 21 by max936

www.miserable.com

Oh aye, on top of that we've got the so called commercial director tweeting about his fuking laundry ffs. Tw@ting amateur.

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 10:52 - Jul 21 with 1295 viewsMoscowJack

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 10:40 - Jul 21 by Uxbridge

I don't want to know what you get up to in Russia old chap

I think we're all interested to hear what investment plans, if any, are proposed. Plus how they'll be funded of course.

Nasal sex = fcuk nose.

If the Americans say anything very specific about INVESTMENT (ie money spent above the TV, gate and tiny commercial revenue) then I'll be very, very surprised.

I hope someone asks them why they've disrespected the Trust, and therefore the fans, in such a way.....before a ball has been kicked in their direction in anger!!!

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 10:58 - Jul 21 with 1270 viewsAngelRangelQS

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 10:46 - Jul 21 by Uxbridge

Oh, I think expansion is much more likely under any new buyer.

Has all this had an impact on the timings of signings? Truth is I don't know. It was always expected that deals would be slow due to the Euros (there hasn't been a massive amount of movement anywhere) but we're all painfully aware where we need to strengthen. However, I've seen little evidence to expect a different approach to what we've done in the past.

No departure from what we've done in the past isn't a bad thing though?

Better that than suddenly chucking £25m round the place at different clubs
Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 11:01 - Jul 21 with 1262 viewsUxbridge

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 10:52 - Jul 21 by MoscowJack

Nasal sex = fcuk nose.

If the Americans say anything very specific about INVESTMENT (ie money spent above the TV, gate and tiny commercial revenue) then I'll be very, very surprised.

I hope someone asks them why they've disrespected the Trust, and therefore the fans, in such a way.....before a ball has been kicked in their direction in anger!!!

I hope the same question is asked of the sellers too.

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 11:02 - Jul 21 with 1253 viewsAngelRangelQS

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 11:01 - Jul 21 by Uxbridge

I hope the same question is asked of the sellers too.

That's the more pertinent question IMO.

Will any of the behaviour of the outgoing shareholders ever be made public?
Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 11:48 - Jul 21 with 1176 viewswaynekerr55

www.miserable.com

Let's hope them accepting bid from Stoke spurs us into action.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 12:11 - Jul 21 with 1137 viewsUxbridge

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 10:58 - Jul 21 by AngelRangelQS

No departure from what we've done in the past isn't a bad thing though?

Better that than suddenly chucking £25m round the place at different clubs

Indeed. I'm all for a better run version of what we have. However it would rather put the mockers on anyone thinking we're going to go out and spend big, which is what a number of the hints have been.

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 12:40 - Jul 21 with 1078 viewsmax936

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 12:11 - Jul 21 by Uxbridge

Indeed. I'm all for a better run version of what we have. However it would rather put the mockers on anyone thinking we're going to go out and spend big, which is what a number of the hints have been.

We all knew that deep down though in fairness the dilly dallying over Joe is a classic example of that.

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 12:56 - Jul 21 with 1043 viewsmax936

You've got wonder as to what Guidolin thinks of all this mind, he must have had his plans for team strengthening and here we are 3 weeks away from the KO into the new season, with very ltitle done, the Euros were an hindrance yes, just hope things can get moving soon.

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 12:59 - Jul 21 with 1037 viewsMoscowJack

I was just thinking.....I wonder if the new guys and HJ will blame the delay in major transfers on the delay in closure of the deal. This would put pressure on the Trust to agree to a new shareholders agreement and sort of hold the Trust hostage.

"We can't sanction new signings until the Trust have agreed to the new shareholders agreement" sort of thing.

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 13:00 - Jul 21 with 1033 viewsMattG

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 12:59 - Jul 21 by MoscowJack

I was just thinking.....I wonder if the new guys and HJ will blame the delay in major transfers on the delay in closure of the deal. This would put pressure on the Trust to agree to a new shareholders agreement and sort of hold the Trust hostage.

"We can't sanction new signings until the Trust have agreed to the new shareholders agreement" sort of thing.

That would be a hell of a way for the new owners to make an entrance.

More likely to be used as an excuse in January if things haven't been ironed out by then, IMO.
Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 13:08 - Jul 21 with 1015 viewsUxbridge

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 12:59 - Jul 21 by MoscowJack

To which the Trust would reply "Well, butty boy, you've had 10 months to pull your finger out on that score".

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 13:14 - Jul 21 with 996 viewsMoscowJack

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 13:08 - Jul 21 by Uxbridge

To which the Trust would reply "Well, butty boy, you've had 10 months to pull your finger out on that score".

Which would (a) be hilarious, if written exactly like that and (b) still not be simple enough for some of our tw@ts who will simply hear "the Trust is stopping us from signing a striker".

It all comes back to the PR battle again.

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 13:22 - Jul 21 with 964 viewsUxbridge

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 13:14 - Jul 21 by MoscowJack

Which would (a) be hilarious, if written exactly like that and (b) still not be simple enough for some of our tw@ts who will simply hear "the Trust is stopping us from signing a striker".

It all comes back to the PR battle again.

Doesn't it always!

Trust remains disappointed at the lack of engagement over ownership of club on 13:37 - Jul 21 with 928 viewstomdickharry

Saying on another site that the Press conference has been moved to 4pm.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024