Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal 21:17 - Nov 7 with 8854 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-set-to-confirm-tim-sherwood-as-thei
Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal on 07:40 - Nov 8 with 2266 viewsRanger78

Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal on 00:11 - Nov 8 by Hunterhoop

What is all this "I'm out" business? It's not Dragons Den! You'll stop supporting QPR? Because we've appointed a man you don't like.

The bloke comes across as a bellend, don't get me wrong, but a lot of people in football do. And none of us have actually met him or worked with him, so we're judging from afar here. Unless I'm mistaken he's not raped anyone, killed anyone, done a hit and run, or anything genuinely awful. He's just up himself...or comes across like that.

Genuinely, is that enough for some of you to stop supporting the club? If that's your choice, it's your choice; you're entitled to make whatever decision you like. Just seems ridiculous.

I'm continually baffled by our "supporters" at the minute.

I don't want him. But to stop supporting the club because of it?!

And what happens if he's a success? Will you start supporting again?

I agree with you 100 %.

I find it all rather depressing and difficult to understand. The club is a circus but for me the constant poisonous atmosphere with fans is the worse thing.

Saying "I'm out" before we even know if someone has got the job is staggering and suggesting you'll not support your team if he does, simply blows my mind.

For me, the worst period ever for the club was having Redknapp in charge. How we ever let that parasite darken our doors still bothers me. In my opinion he will always be our worse manager because of how he saw himself and thought of our club as being beneath him.... add to that his lies and constant blaming everyone else.

Yet, I still supported my team. It's what I do, it's what I've always done and it's what I''ll always do.
Supporting QPR is a birth right in my family, that won't change.

Perhaps if we all spent some more time actually supporting the team and managers instead of creating horrible negative atmospheres, we might even do a little better on the pitch?

A real low point for me was when Ramsey got booed at home while winning 3-0 and the opposing teams manager had to put his arm around a him, WTF is that all about it. I had trouble explaining that to my son that day, he just didn't get and neither did I.

I just hope whoever gets the job, they get a chance..a proper chance. I really mean from the fans.
Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal on 08:36 - Nov 8 with 2150 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I really, really think Sherwood would be a foolish choice but after Redknapp then I know I can love my club no matter who's in charge. If it does happen I hope Brighton and others will feel the same. Would be shame to lose anyone.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal on 08:45 - Nov 8 with 2120 viewsGaryT

What is all this "I'm out" business? It's not Dragons Den! You'll stop supporting QPR? Because we've appointed a man you don't like.

The bloke comes across as a bellend, don't get me wrong, but a lot of people in football do. And none of us have actually met him or worked with him, so we're judging from afar here. Unless I'm mistaken he's not raped anyone, killed anyone, done a hit and run, or anything genuinely awful. He's just up himself...or comes across like that.

Genuinely, is that enough for some of you to stop supporting the club? If that's your choice, it's your choice; you're entitled to make whatever decision you like. Just seems ridiculous.

"The bloke comes across as a bellend, don't get me wrong, but a lot of people in football do. He's just up himself...or comes across like that".

Sounds a lot like Brian Clough...waster.

Ok Ok, Timmy´s no Cloughy but there is a ring of the Ollies about him and Holloway encapsulated everything we love about supporting this crazy/ridiculous/underdog club. It might work.
Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal on 08:47 - Nov 8 with 2112 viewsBrightonhoop

Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal on 08:36 - Nov 8 by BrianMcCarthy

I really, really think Sherwood would be a foolish choice but after Redknapp then I know I can love my club no matter who's in charge. If it does happen I hope Brighton and others will feel the same. Would be shame to lose anyone.

Would be almost impossible to turn my back now, but if it is Sherwood it would be the first time I have not been able to support an appointment. Anyone but TS because I will just look forwards to the day he is sacked. I can't stand the bloke and don't want him anywhere near the club. No point in sacking JFH to then appoint that twit IMHO.
Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal on 09:01 - Nov 8 with 2083 viewspomanjou

Well said Hunter. Echoes my sentiments. Either you support the club because you still have hope or you should bid farewell cos its going, going, gone to the dogs.

Regretfully most of the whingers just whinge on and on. It makes them happy.....

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal on 10:00 - Nov 8 with 1998 viewsBlue_Castello

Totally agree our so called supporters are becoming a continual pissing and moaning brigade of the highest order.

Last night I read a quote from somebody if we hire Sherwood I'm off to support Brentford......well in the words of the Bard mate if that's how you feel you' should just f off now.

The continual griping about Sir Les yanks my chain big time, the blokes just doing his job and from what I've seen has in the majority been successful.

Don't start me on the Fernandes subject the bloke has made mistakes BUT he's put his money where his mouth is to his credit appointed a brilliant CEO and after he told Redcrap there's no more money he stepped back and let his CEO run the club.

This forum is absolutely brilliant for debate it wouldn't be the same if we all agreed but the stuff that gets published in the press from social media is juvenile and hateful, main reason why I totally avoid social media.

Hopefully we're going to get Clement because he's the people's choice and will get full support BUT whoever it is Support your f***ing team or as they say in high society "do one"......
Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal on 10:18 - Nov 8 with 1950 viewsolderR

just a few idle comments from me:

"Clement failed at Derby", they fired him when they were fifth in the div., oh for such failure.
Does Ollie want a return to management?
If LF and TF are crap at their jobs, with the average life of a championship
manager something like seven months, every other club is also being run by incompetents.
Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal on 10:20 - Nov 8 with 1942 viewsdaveB

Derby were 5th but they had spent a fortune, should have been challenging for the top 2 and the football they were playing was dull to watch according to their fans.

He sounds great but I think still big question marks over him.

If we are genuine about wanting a club who develop players and play good football then I'd like to see Karl Robinson get a chance
Login to get fewer ads

Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal on 10:26 - Nov 8 with 1911 viewsAntti_Heinola

Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal on 00:03 - Nov 8 by daveB

I don't have any inside info so this is just my opinion but I really don't think it will be Sherwood.

I think much like when Redknapp left if Clement wants the job then it's his if he says no then I think Holloway will get it

Holloway's checked out mate.

Bare bones.

Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal on 10:28 - Nov 8 with 1905 viewsTacticalR

Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal on 10:26 - Nov 8 by Antti_Heinola

You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

Air hostess clique

Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal on 10:32 - Nov 8 with 1893 viewsAntti_Heinola

Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal on 08:36 - Nov 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Anyone?
I reckon we can bear the odd one or two. Not Brighton, though I agree. But one or two. Natural wastage.

Bare bones.

Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal on 11:42 - Nov 8 with 1788 viewsPinnerPaul

Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal on 10:26 - Nov 8 by Antti_Heinola

Plenty of money for him this morning - he's now 2nd favourite at 15/8 with PP.
Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal on 11:45 - Nov 8 with 1773 viewsFDC

As much as it could well end up a total disaster and ruin his legacy here--I can't help but smile at the prospect of Holloway coming back here! Can you imagine the feel-good factor? At first, at least...
Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal on 12:05 - Nov 8 with 1735 viewsFDC

McIntyre pretty sure Sherwood's no longer in the picture.

[Post edited 8 Nov 2016 12:06]
Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal on 12:40 - Nov 8 with 1685 viewsAntti_Heinola

Evening Standard reckon it's a done deal on 11:42 - Nov 8 by PinnerPaul

Plenty of money for him this morning - he's now 2nd favourite at 15/8 with PP.

could be wrong! but plenty of money on sherwood too, and it ain't him.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024