Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
President Trump 03:15 - Nov 9 with 23255 viewsTummer_from_Texas

THIS could actually happen. Florida is his. Ohio too.

If he takes Michigan, it could be all over for HRC.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

President Trump on 11:33 - Nov 9 with 1866 viewsyescomeon

President Trump on 11:27 - Nov 9 by Clinton

Interesting times.

In respect of Trump in the US, it may not turn out as people think. The Republicans in the Senate and the Representatives have little in common with the Donald and a lot of vested interests of their own. They could well dilute and block most of his plans (such as they are).

The conditions driving the vote for Trump and Brexit have been sown by a relentless diet of pseudo-liberalism in the press and promulgated by the back-slappers and happy clappers in the political establishment. Theres been a feedback loop that has made certain things impossible to say and certain groups totally disenfranchised.
That sort of self-censorship has left a section of the population with no voice. Increasingly a sector of voters who have not benefitted at all from the riches brought by freer trade and cheap global labour.
For all their faults, Trump (and Farage) have dared to mention the unmentionable and have found a willing audience, people alienated by that self-reinforcing pseudo-liberalism and forgotten by those in the corridors of power.

All very nice, except the exit polls show this had nothing to do with people at the bottom sticking it to the man. It was the richer in the country getting their man in.

Upthecity!

President Trump on 14:30 - Nov 9 with 1756 viewssherpajacob

President Trump on 10:30 - Nov 9 by VetchitBack

His election is a perfect illustration of the freedom Americans enjoy.

Congratulations President Trump and all those who defied the globalists to vote for him.

Speaking of freedom, having Fox News is an essential counter-balance to the mainstream media.

Difficult to imagine this happening in Western Europe.

I am enjoying the Guardian website immensely

Who needs Fox news, when we have the daily mail.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

President Trump on 14:58 - Nov 9 with 1719 viewsGowerjack

Queen Offers to Restore British Rule Over United States

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/queen-offers-to-restore-british-r

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

President Trump on 15:13 - Nov 9 with 1702 viewsLeonWasGod

President Trump on 14:58 - Nov 9 by Gowerjack

Queen Offers to Restore British Rule Over United States

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/queen-offers-to-restore-british-r

lol

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/international/trump-bored-now-20161109116846
President Trump on 15:34 - Nov 9 with 1674 viewsTummer_from_Texas

President Trump on 09:28 - Nov 9 by Lord_Bony

And Mexican construction workers.

Legal USA citizens of Mexican descent are the ones hurt most directly by illegal immigration, so you are actually quite correct there.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

President Trump on 15:44 - Nov 9 with 1656 viewsTummer_from_Texas

President Trump on 10:43 - Nov 9 by blueytheblue

Indeed, their columnists ( "Clinton will win, liberal renaissance" ) are looking foolish right now.

I love the way Owen Jones is scouring the demographics, trying to find reasons, trying to find excuses and blame.

"It's all white males fault, racists, xenophobes yadda yadda "

Why do the left fail to understand the reason Trump won wasn't because Trump was an amazing candidate. It was because Clinton was an utter joke of candidate.

Played the "wronged woman" card years ago, failed to kick Bill to the curb as that would be detrimental to her political ambitions. Ignore Whitewater and Vincent Foster. Has the blood of the murdered in Benghazi on her hands. Blatent disregard for even basic security regulations with regards to confidential emails just for "convenience". Lack of any semblance of charisma or personality, Nothing likeable about her whatsoever.

Any other democratic candidate would have done a hell of a lot better, Trump would have lost.

The mainstream media is indeed training everyone to believe that "white, racist males did this" and "the country is more divided now than ever in 2016, thanks to Trump," but one simple fact from yesterday completely contradicts that:

In 2012, 19% of Black American voters chose Republican Mitt Romney.

In 2016, 30% of Black American voters chose Trump.

There is indeed a racial division in the USA, but Trump didn't enhance it. If anything, the actual voting numbers seem to show the exact opposite, hard to believe as that seems.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2016 15:48]

President Trump on 16:07 - Nov 9 with 1619 viewslondonlisa2001

President Trump on 15:44 - Nov 9 by Tummer_from_Texas

The mainstream media is indeed training everyone to believe that "white, racist males did this" and "the country is more divided now than ever in 2016, thanks to Trump," but one simple fact from yesterday completely contradicts that:

There is indeed a racial division in the USA, but Trump didn't enhance it. If anything, the actual voting numbers seem to show the exact opposite, hard to believe as that seems.

Come come Tummer, the black vote was distorted in 2012 as you well know, not because of things Trump or Romney did or didn't do, but because Obama was black.

Ignoring the effect of that on black votes is mad.

I'm not remotely surprised by the numbers you have posted there - it's indicative of the large Black affluent middle class in America that has far more in common with white affluent middle class voters than they do with the people living in poverty in the inner cities, irrespective of the fact they share skin colour. It's the reason that they can never get black voters to support inheritance tax.

The truth of Trump is that he serves the most well off in society. The idiots of this election are the poor, white working class who voted for someone who has promised a massive cut in taxation for the most well off, massive cuts in corporation tax and trickle down economic policies gone bionic, in the mistaken belief that he gives a crap about them. They have listened to his rhetoric, and ignored the evidence of his own refusal to pay fair taxes, refusal to support the less well off, his use of foreign sweat shops to manufacture his own products, his use of illegal immigrants on his construction sites, and his use of Chinese steel.

He has played on their fear of immigration and terrorism, their fear of a return to the Cold War, and their natural instinct to isolationist policy, and extreme social conservatism while selling them an ideal of America becoming 'great again' (whatever that means). He doesn't believe in any of it. In fact, he doesn't believe in anything much other than making himself and those like him, even richer than they are. There's a reason why the Murdochs of this world supported him and the stock markets have actually gone up in the US and Europe.

I wonder how long it will take the factory workers or miners, or steel workers of wherever to realise that they're infinitely more screwed than they have ever been. When the dust settles and she gets over the dent to her own personal ambition, people like the Clintons, and the other mega rich elite, will be laughing all the way to the bank.
President Trump on 16:40 - Nov 9 with 1581 viewsTummer_from_Texas

"Come come Tummer, the black vote was distorted in 2012 as you well know, not because of things Trump or Romney did or didn't do, but because Obama was black.

Ignoring the effect of that on black votes is mad."

I try to give ethnic groups a little more credit than that. But if that's the case, then those blaming Trump for racial divisions in the country are still looking in the wrong place.

Login to get fewer ads

President Trump on 16:44 - Nov 9 with 1571 viewsVetchitBack

President Trump on 14:30 - Nov 9 by sherpajacob

Who needs Fox news, when we have the daily mail.

I know you can't be seriously comparing the influence of television to words on paper?

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

President Trump on 16:57 - Nov 9 with 1547 viewslondonlisa2001

President Trump on 16:40 - Nov 9 by Tummer_from_Texas

"Come come Tummer, the black vote was distorted in 2012 as you well know, not because of things Trump or Romney did or didn't do, but because Obama was black.

Ignoring the effect of that on black votes is mad."

I try to give ethnic groups a little more credit than that. But if that's the case, then those blaming Trump for racial divisions in the country are still looking in the wrong place.

I wasn't criticising or giving them credit.

But for those that have either themselves lived through segregation and outright discrimination, or have seen their parents or grandparents doing so, the pull of electing a black person to the White House and, at least partially, righting all those wrongs, would be the one thing that for some at least, could outweigh their own financial self interest.

The exits seem to suggest that the people that elected Trump are the wealthy, who will win 'bigly' and the poor, who have been duped with rhetoric that has fed their need to blame their predicament on 'immigrants, terrorists, foreigners, Mexicans, Chinese etc etc etc etc'. Meanwhile, the markets tick up, and the rich become richer. 'Twas ever thus.
President Trump on 17:32 - Nov 9 with 1505 viewsmax936

President Trump on 09:28 - Nov 9 by Lord_Bony

And Mexican construction workers.

Brickies Wanted

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14947644_1822530454699499_336688655327150

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

President Trump on 18:27 - Nov 9 with 1452 viewsBrynmill_Jack

President Trump on 07:50 - Nov 9 by ymaohyd

FFS.

Good luck to Trump.

Once again the silent majority have spoken.

Apologetic, left wing luvvie actors from the States on chat shows over here giving sycophantic, apologies on 'behalf of their country', nauseating!!!

Trump will make a good president for the US economy. He will probably only have one term as he will not be able to carry out many of the promises that he has made in his manifesto as the American constitution and structure will kick in.

As with Brexit I'm chuffed. All the left wing luvvies can fu ck off! Our (UK) country has become less safe with each passing decade, people on this side of the pond are sick to the back teeth of what is going on and once again have spoken.

Spot on

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

President Trump on 18:31 - Nov 9 with 1445 viewsBrynmill_Jack

President Trump on 10:08 - Nov 9 by siralan

Great news for the U.K. with the Republicans saying they will support a free trade deal with the U.K.
Our FTSE 100 is even increasing in value on the Trump victory.

The Democrats who said we were going to the back of the queue are looking very stupid now.

Something's come back to bite you on the arse.

Indeed. And for our very own doom monger remainers, most of whom are bewailing the lack of economic apocalypse which they so so hoped for. F*cking traitors

President Trump on 18:41 - Nov 9 with 1434 viewsBrynmill_Jack

President Trump on 11:13 - Nov 9 by nice_to_michu

As I said before, nothing says "sticking two fingers up at the establishment" quite like electing Trump, who had already promised to ensure that corporations can donate as much money to candidates as they want (as he did in his previous life too).

Establishment? It wasn't Goldman Sachs backing Hilary then??

President Trump on 18:43 - Nov 9 with 1428 viewssiralan

President Trump on 18:31 - Nov 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Indeed. And for our very own doom monger remainers, most of whom are bewailing the lack of economic apocalypse which they so so hoped for. F*cking traitors

I know,they fecking hate the fact the country has not collapsed.

And now with Trump giving it to Clinton the same leftie luvvies are again
blaming the "stupid people" and saying they do not know what they
have done.

They are pathetic losers who just will not accept democracy.
President Trump on 18:44 - Nov 9 with 1425 viewsDarran

Well I don't see much changing in America myself,by the time he gets everything through his *four years will either be up or he will have been shot.

*Yes I know he can run again
[Post edited 9 Nov 2016 18:45]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

President Trump on 19:00 - Nov 9 with 1391 viewsmax936

President Trump on 18:44 - Nov 9 by Darran

Well I don't see much changing in America myself,by the time he gets everything through his *four years will either be up or he will have been shot.

*Yes I know he can run again
[Post edited 9 Nov 2016 18:45]

He'll need to run if some fecker is shooting at him.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

President Trump on 19:05 - Nov 9 with 1374 viewsexiledclaseboy

Odd how so many of the site's so called "liberal lefties" are shilling for Trump because he's "sticking it to the man, man" so soon after jumping into bed with Farage et al over Brexit for much the same reasons. Both of them are about as "establishment" as it gets. Don't get that personally but each to their own.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2016 19:07]

Poll: Tory leader

President Trump on 19:12 - Nov 9 with 1361 viewsblueytheblue

Even better is Corbyn's comment.

Talking about a divisive campaign, Trump needing to unite America... it's almost as if Corbyn has no concept of irony or self-perception.

Even better, seems to believe this people power is something that could get him elected. Ok, so that ignores the diametric political views, the fact that Trump ( like him or not ) has charisma and personality et al...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

President Trump on 19:14 - Nov 9 with 1356 viewsDarran

President Trump on 19:05 - Nov 9 by exiledclaseboy

Odd how so many of the site's so called "liberal lefties" are shilling for Trump because he's "sticking it to the man, man" so soon after jumping into bed with Farage et al over Brexit for much the same reasons. Both of them are about as "establishment" as it gets. Don't get that personally but each to their own.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2016 19:07]

It's because they only pretend to be "liberal lefties" see my friend.

Being serious though the the amount of slip ups by left wingers on here is bizarre.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

President Trump on 19:52 - Nov 9 with 1303 viewsswanjackal

President Trump on 19:14 - Nov 9 by Darran

It's because they only pretend to be "liberal lefties" see my friend.

Being serious though the the amount of slip ups by left wingers on here is bizarre.

It is entirely possible to be liberal and not actually be a leftist though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

President Trump on 19:55 - Nov 9 with 1296 viewsexiledclaseboy

President Trump on 19:52 - Nov 9 by swanjackal

It is entirely possible to be liberal and not actually be a leftist though.

Very true, hence my use of quotation marks. Some of the self-professed "lefties" on here are among the most illiberal.

Poll: Tory leader

President Trump on 20:00 - Nov 9 with 1286 viewsswanjackal

President Trump on 19:55 - Nov 9 by exiledclaseboy

Very true, hence my use of quotation marks. Some of the self-professed "lefties" on here are among the most illiberal.

Growing up, I used to be left leaning, but the left changed its position to be more extreme, and I didn't change my stance, becoming central by default.

I imagine I'm not the only one in this boat either.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

President Trump on 20:24 - Nov 9 with 1253 viewsJackFish

President Trump on 07:50 - Nov 9 by ymaohyd

FFS.

Good luck to Trump.

Once again the silent majority have spoken.

Apologetic, left wing luvvie actors from the States on chat shows over here giving sycophantic, apologies on 'behalf of their country', nauseating!!!

Trump will make a good president for the US economy. He will probably only have one term as he will not be able to carry out many of the promises that he has made in his manifesto as the American constitution and structure will kick in.

As with Brexit I'm chuffed. All the left wing luvvies can fu ck off! Our (UK) country has become less safe with each passing decade, people on this side of the pond are sick to the back teeth of what is going on and once again have spoken.

Well the "silent majority" haven't really spoken have they, because Trump didn't win the popular vote.
President Trump on 21:09 - Nov 9 with 1214 viewsnyc_swans

President Trump on 15:44 - Nov 9 by Tummer_from_Texas

you are wayyyy off.

8% of black americans voted for trump. i don't know where you got 30% from. ridiculous.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2016 21:11]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024