Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust going "nuclear" 02:41 - Nov 23 with 3918 viewsJackfath

Please excuse my ignorance. I've seen it asked on another thread but it remained unanswered, for those who still need educating on matters, please could someone explain what "the trust should go nuclear" entails?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Trust going "nuclear" on 04:32 - Nov 23 with 2948 viewsTummer_from_Texas

I would surmise that it's intentionally vague, because no one is sure yet what specifically should/can be done. Just something massive that perhaps goes beyond conventional warfare. Or something.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Trust going "nuclear" on 07:28 - Nov 23 with 2811 viewsLeonWasGod

Nuclear means nuclear!
The Trust going "nuclear" on 08:46 - Nov 23 with 2691 viewsSoberBaker

It means 'getting a bit cross'

Expect to see words 'upset' and 'disappointed' featuring heavily in the coming weeks.

AMOW

The Trust going "nuclear" on 08:46 - Nov 23 with 2690 viewscostalotta

While we wait for the Trust to go nuclear we can for starters...

1. Unsubscribe from the Swansea City FC Website mailing lists.
2. Do not purchase any Swansea City paraphernalia from any outlet.
3. Do not purchase anything from inside the stadium including refreshments and programmes. Also, if everyone took a bottle of water (20,000). As we are not allowed to take bottles in, they would be removed from us, Thats a lot of work for someone to clean that up.
4. Let the old and the new board know exactly how we feel EVERY match from here on in. The will also have the effect of getting it out in the media. If they pick up on our discontent in matches it will be written about.
5. Spread the word ourselves amongst ALL fans and associates and wider network. Use social media (FB, IG, LnkIn) Any forum reviews etc post links back her. Lets use this to our advantage.
6. We also must ask ourselves what are we going to do en mass in and around the stadium on match days? We obviously support the team on the pitch but there are things we can do. Let's not go down the 'villa' route of random ranting and complete disorganisation. Is turning our backs an option for periods of the game? Outside the stadium, what about not entering the stadium until just before KO. What about leaving en masse for a certain period in the game. Perhaps heading down to the concourse areas.

Just a few ideas to help the debate along...but we do need to act!
The Trust going "nuclear" on 09:04 - Nov 23 with 2642 viewsFireboy

The Trust going "nuclear" on 08:46 - Nov 23 by costalotta

3. Do not purchase anything from inside the stadium including refreshments and programmes. Also, if everyone took a bottle of water (20,000). As we are not allowed to take bottles in, they would be removed from us, Thats a lot of work for someone to clean that up.
4. Let the old and the new board know exactly how we feel EVERY match from here on in. The will also have the effect of getting it out in the media. If they pick up on our discontent in matches it will be written about.
5. Spread the word ourselves amongst ALL fans and associates and wider network. Use social media (FB, IG, LnkIn) Any forum reviews etc post links back her. Lets use this to our advantage.
6. We also must ask ourselves what are we going to do en mass in and around the stadium on match days? We obviously support the team on the pitch but there are things we can do. Let's not go down the 'villa' route of random ranting and complete disorganisation. Is turning our backs an option for periods of the game? Outside the stadium, what about not entering the stadium until just before KO. What about leaving en masse for a certain period in the game. Perhaps heading down to the concourse areas.

Everyone except costalotta take a step back as he's become our protest leader

Top man
The Trust going "nuclear" on 09:09 - Nov 23 with 2619 viewswaynekerr55

I messaged my buddy (who does the match day reporting at Sky) - surprisingly he was unaware of the goings on.

Needless to say he now has the trust briefings

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Trust going on 09:14 - Nov 23 with 2604 viewsMoscowJack

My guess is that it would involve the Trust challenging the sale of shares to the Americans based on the wording and their interpretation of the original and initial shareholders agreement (SHA) made back in something like 2002.

As the Trust have already stated openly, any warranties (or guarantees) that suggest that the initial SHA is not applicable are false and incorrect.

This would cause a huge storm and there could be no going back from there, which is why the Trust has to pursue every possible option to find a solution before going to court. If they don't show that every angle of resolution has been explored and every option considered, a judge would probably throw the claim out of court without a second thought.

I think this is what "nuclear" means in this instance.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2016 9:16]

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

The Trust going on 09:27 - Nov 23 with 2540 viewswaynekerr55

The Trust going on 09:14 - Nov 23 by MoscowJack

My guess is that it would involve the Trust challenging the sale of shares to the Americans based on the wording and their interpretation of the original and initial shareholders agreement (SHA) made back in something like 2002.

As the Trust have already stated openly, any warranties (or guarantees) that suggest that the initial SHA is not applicable are false and incorrect.

This would cause a huge storm and there could be no going back from there, which is why the Trust has to pursue every possible option to find a solution before going to court. If they don't show that every angle of resolution has been explored and every option considered, a judge would probably throw the claim out of court without a second thought.

I think this is what "nuclear" means in this instance.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2016 9:16]

True.

Judges get mightily p*ssed off if all avenues have not been exhausted.

Out of interest is mediation an option?

Login to get fewer ads

The Trust going "nuclear" on 09:27 - Nov 23 with 2535 viewsShaky

So there you have your tactics.

But it is customary to start by defining your objectives -- what might they be?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The Trust going "nuclear" on 09:42 - Nov 23 with 2493 viewscostalotta

The Trust going "nuclear" on 09:27 - Nov 23 by Shaky

Quicksand... I refuse to jump in your quicksand.

Happy to debate with you but do not try and entice me to play your silly games.Its poor form to ask a question you know the answer of.
The Trust going "nuclear" on 09:43 - Nov 23 with 2488 viewscostalotta

The Trust going "nuclear" on 09:09 - Nov 23 by waynekerr55

I messaged my buddy (who does the match day reporting at Sky) - surprisingly he was unaware of the goings on.

Needless to say he now has the trust briefings

Spread the word!
The Trust going "nuclear" on 09:52 - Nov 23 with 2457 viewswaynekerr55

The Trust going "nuclear" on 09:27 - Nov 23 by Shaky

The immediate resignation of Jenkins, Dineen and any other former shareholders, with their shares offered to the new owners as per the new agreement, and if not purchased sold to the trust.

They've earned enough out of this, it's time to do the right thing.

The Trust going on 09:53 - Nov 23 with 2453 viewsmonmouth

The Trust going "nuclear" on 09:42 - Nov 23 by costalotta

Quicksand... I refuse to jump in your quicksand.

Happy to debate with you but do not try and entice me to play your silly games.Its poor form to ask a question you know the answer of.

I think his question is quite a reasonable one.

Old board out? Ok, maybe a bit of revenge but how does that help
Yanks out? Old Board back in?
Yanks to spend more money? Loans or share dilution?
yanks to spend the Sky Money in January?
BoBo out?
Trust to get buyout?
Trust to be fully included? (Yanks will say they will)
Yanks to sell to a third party?
Oh and how could I forget...Proper director of football? Acquisitions policy? Leadbetter out?

It is important to agree what the endgame would look like.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2016 9:56]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Trust going "nuclear" on 09:53 - Nov 23 with 2452 viewspencoedjack

Point 6 was done well by Valencia it what seemed a lifetime ago .....

From memory they left 10 mins before half time.
The Trust going "nuclear" on 09:55 - Nov 23 with 2438 viewswaynekerr55

The Trust going on 09:53 - Nov 23 by monmouth

BoBo out?
Trust to get buyout?
Oh and how could I forget...Proper director of football? Acquisitions policy? Leadbetter out?

Old board out - they bring nothing to the table. F*ck me the amount that Dineen eats we'd have the loan fee for a decent striker.

Americans work with the Trust to steady the ship and move the club forward.

BB has to go.

Revert back to a defined playing style with coaches and recruitment fitting that (hence why Gonzo has to go)

Regular promotion of youth

The Trust going "nuclear" on 10:06 - Nov 23 with 2414 viewsfather_jack

lighting fire to a bag of shit and leaving it in the boardroom.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

The Trust going "nuclear" on 10:09 - Nov 23 with 2397 viewswaynekerr55

The Trust going "nuclear" on 10:06 - Nov 23 by father_jack

lighting fire to a bag of shit and leaving it in the boardroom.

F*ck me - if you burn Dineen there's enough combustible material in his gut to wipe out half of SA1

The Trust going on 10:11 - Nov 23 with 2391 viewscostalotta

The Trust going on 09:53 - Nov 23 by monmouth

BoBo out?
Trust to get buyout?

I thought for the most part it was blindingly obvious and and I agree with your list, sort of...

Definitely a start>>>

1. Its nothing to do with revenge. They bring nothing to the table and haven't for a while and have in fact caused this mess. OUT OUT AND OUT!
2. Yanks out, not an option at this moment but if we can force them to move on? Old board back? Certainly not.
3. They certainly need to, but you'd have thought funds are there, or were there.
4. See 3.
5. Lets not focus on this as it will right itself when we meet objective 2.
6. Worth exploring and then see how the land lies.
7. See 2.
8. Definitely.
The Trust going on 10:19 - Nov 23 with 2356 viewsShaky

The Trust going on 10:11 - Nov 23 by costalotta

I thought for the most part it was blindingly obvious and and I agree with your list, sort of...

Definitely a start>>>

1. Its nothing to do with revenge. They bring nothing to the table and haven't for a while and have in fact caused this mess. OUT OUT AND OUT!
2. Yanks out, not an option at this moment but if we can force them to move on? Old board back? Certainly not.
3. They certainly need to, but you'd have thought funds are there, or were there.
4. See 3.
7. See 2.
8. Definitely.

I see, so you are demanfing management control for the Trust, and the right to finance investment plans with other people's money.

Who could possibly argue with that?

If I were you I'd go back to focusing on the tactics; at least as emotional expressions to assuage your impotent rage that has some merit, as opposed this stuff; you might as well solomly resolve to to bake a pie and put in the sky.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The Trust going on 10:25 - Nov 23 with 2334 viewswaynekerr55

The Trust going on 10:19 - Nov 23 by Shaky

I see, so you are demanfing management control for the Trust, and the right to finance investment plans with other people's money.

If I were you I'd go back to focusing on the tactics; at least as emotional expressions to assuage your impotent rage that has some merit, as opposed this stuff; you might as well solomly resolve to to bake a pie and put in the sky.

If we want to go there about other people's money, ask the former owners about the CVA that used other debtors money, or the preferential rates gained from acquiring Mel Nurse's shares.

I see where you are coming from, but football clubs are (or at least were) assets of community value. Then again, we live in a capitalist society...

The Trust going on 10:33 - Nov 23 with 2298 viewsmonmouth

The Trust going on 10:11 - Nov 23 by costalotta

Definitely a start>>>

4. See 3.
7. See 2.
8. Definitely.

I'm not having a go necessarily, but I was meaning which one or two should we focus on, rather than a full shopping list, otherwise it just becomes 'what do we want?' 'the world', 'when do we want it'? 'now!'

Wayne got closer to my current view I think. I reckon that it's actually quite hard to articulate properly though, in a specific action based way. The Trust integrated properly into decision making would be top of my list, but that does feel like pie in the sky given actions to date. And no protest is going to make the Yanks buy the Trust out for £21m or anywhere near.

Jenkins Morgan Dineen and Zwed nowhere near the club would be next. But what if we then get Landon Donovan and spend on a load of crap MLS? Is our next demand, Donovan out? Stop spending?

This is why almost all football protests fail. Look at Hull. Villa.

The Trust going on 10:39 - Nov 23 with 2281 viewsjacabertawe

I hope that any deserved vociferous displays are very clearly directed at the owners and traitors and not when the match is on. The last thing we surely want is for any negativity to impact on the team's performance. Yes, I know that they are all millionaires and should up their games at this precarious time, but they are also human and, just as loud support can help them, the reverse could be true of negative displays.
Whatever our views, BB is here to stay and we should get behind him and the team in the most positive way.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Trust going on 10:55 - Nov 23 with 2244 viewscostalotta

The Trust going on 10:19 - Nov 23 by Shaky

Maybe you don't see and maybe you don't listen.

If you're quiet enough you'd be surprised at what you might hear!

I demanding nothing!

I wasn't actually focusing on tactics you were. I was contributing to the debate and offering some ideas. There was no rage, no emotion in my post but interpret any way you want, if that floats your boat knock yourself out. Sometimes i like reading your posts, their funny. I have also noticed that you love to talk and seem to love yourself and your opinions and that you express all sorts of which usually turn into rants (sort of), but only after you've scoured the Oxford English Dictionary.

Oh by the way I don't like pie, of any kind.
The Trust going "nuclear" on 12:11 - Nov 23 with 2093 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Protest all you want.

Keep it away from the 90 minutes the players are on the pitch.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Trust going "nuclear" on 12:22 - Nov 23 with 2055 viewsmonmouth

The Trust going "nuclear" on 12:11 - Nov 23 by oh_tommy_tommy

Protest all you want.

Keep it away from the 90 minutes the players are on the pitch.

Start winning and I doubt many would give a toss who owns us or if Jonny van Turd took a piss out of the directors box on to the west standers knitting below. Such is football. If we'd been 1-0 up rather than 3-0 down against ManU there'd have been no 'greedy bastards' chant.

If we go two behind (maybe one behind) on Saturday, then unhelpful as it may be to the team, expect the crowd to turn. Basically, events mean Brad Sadly and the players have to drive the crowd now. It's their turn to earn their ridiculous money.

No excuses, and specifically not because the crowd jeered boo hoo.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024