Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bloody GMR 10:15 - Dec 13 with 9089 viewsR17ALE

This might be me getting the wrong end of the stick, and I don't listen to it often thank God, but whenever I do, it always seems like the Eyre show as though Fred and Steve are matriarchs of the game.

Fred is introduced as the man who has done everything in football. He hasn't. I've read his auto-biography and he's basically done fook all.

Steve is always introduced as the former Rochdale manager who knows everything about the game. He doesn't.

Why can't GMR just be honest with their intros?

Steve should be introduced as a former failed manager of Rochdale who's trained up a few kids at City, and Fred's here because he's cheap and wants to keep himself in the limelight.

Whilst I'm sure everyone is thoroughly pleasant and decent at GMR I just feel they're taking the listeners for mugs.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Bloody GMR on 19:21 - Dec 13 with 1634 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Bloody GMR on 19:20 - Dec 13 by SaxonDale

Joe Bunney.

Good call.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Bloody GMR on 19:33 - Dec 13 with 1609 viewsseasidedale

Bloody GMR on 19:02 - Dec 13 by BigDaveMyCock

Paid a nominal fee for Gornell I seem to recall.

Gornall signing, no fee involved I asked this at shareholder meeting and was told this as we dont pay fees for players
Bloody GMR on 19:35 - Dec 13 with 1594 viewsfitzochris

Bloody GMR on 18:59 - Dec 13 by SteTsGoldenBoot

I think it was a free but 50% sell on clause.

He certainly wasn't free but you're right that by agreeing to a mahoosive sell-on clause we got him cheaper than he was worth.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Bloody GMR on 21:00 - Dec 13 with 1467 viewsseasidedale

Also when Eyre tried to sign Parkin i believe he wanted £7,000 a week, Fleetwood signed him the following season paying that wage
Bloody GMR on 21:08 - Dec 13 with 1448 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Bloody GMR on 19:33 - Dec 13 by seasidedale

Gornall signing, no fee involved I asked this at shareholder meeting and was told this as we dont pay fees for players

Not doubting that's what they said to you but it seems an odd thing to say as we do, albeit very rarely, pay fees for players. At the time it was reported that we paid a nominal fee to buy Gornell out of his then contract.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Bloody GMR on 21:10 - Dec 13 with 1443 viewsfitzochris

Bloody GMR on 21:00 - Dec 13 by seasidedale

Also when Eyre tried to sign Parkin i believe he wanted £7,000 a week, Fleetwood signed him the following season paying that wage

Eyre tried to sign a lot of players who went elsewhere for more money. Shefki Kuqi Is another.

Bloody GMR on 21:19 - Dec 13 with 1416 viewsSuddenLad

Bloody GMR on 21:10 - Dec 13 by fitzochris

Eyre tried to sign a lot of players who went elsewhere for more money. Shefki Kuqi Is another.

He earned a meagre 4k a week at Oldham. His only contribution was a worldy against us at Spotland. I hope they think he was worth it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bloody GMR on 08:03 - Dec 14 with 1233 viewsnordenblue

Bloody GMR on 19:35 - Dec 13 by fitzochris

He certainly wasn't free but you're right that by agreeing to a mahoosive sell-on clause we got him cheaper than he was worth.

Bobby Grant was a free signing,we just had to take over his remaining contract from Scunthorpe if my memory is correct,they got their brass from a big future sell on clause
Login to get fewer ads

Bloody GMR on 09:37 - Dec 14 with 1176 viewsfitzochris

Bloody GMR on 08:03 - Dec 14 by nordenblue

Bobby Grant was a free signing,we just had to take over his remaining contract from Scunthorpe if my memory is correct,they got their brass from a big future sell on clause

He wasn't free according to John Coleman.

Bloody GMR on 10:11 - Dec 14 with 1147 viewsjudd

Bloody GMR on 09:37 - Dec 14 by fitzochris

He wasn't free according to John Coleman.

Which probably means he was.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bloody GMR on 11:16 - Dec 14 with 1088 viewsfitzochris

Bloody GMR on 10:11 - Dec 14 by judd

Which probably means he was.

Chris Dunphy also said he "backed" John Coleman with the purchase of Bobby Grant, but that could just as well mean in terms of his wages, signing-on fee, or whatever etc.

Bloody GMR on 11:18 - Dec 14 with 1083 viewsjudd

Bloody GMR on 11:16 - Dec 14 by fitzochris

Chris Dunphy also said he "backed" John Coleman with the purchase of Bobby Grant, but that could just as well mean in terms of his wages, signing-on fee, or whatever etc.

Fines

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bloody GMR on 11:20 - Dec 14 with 1076 viewsfitzochris

Bloody GMR on 11:18 - Dec 14 by judd

Fines

Arf.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024