Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Darran Planet Swans 24/7 10:37 - Jan 8 with 23790 viewsplanetswansadmin

[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 22:01]
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 22:22 - Jan 13 with 1725 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

I dont get this signing to be honest, we need a midfelder with other qualities.
The only plus is he will be good in the championship if we go down.

Neat & tidy , much as much as we have now.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 22:25 - Jan 13 with 1712 viewsDarran

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 22:22 - Jan 13 by oh_tommy_tommy

I couldn't agree more.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 22:26 - Jan 13 with 1701 viewsKilkennyjack

Huws knows him mun ffs

Beware of the Risen People

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 22:30 - Jan 13 with 1677 viewsTheResurrection

What other qualities eh Tom??

But before you answer let me ask you what qualities have best worked for SCFC?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 22:34 - Jan 13 with 1658 viewsLeonWasGod

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 18:27 - Jan 13 by Oldjack

If Carroll is as bad as the Spurs fans say ,then i'm disappointing in Clements and if anyone jumps in and say it's a Huw signing then i'll be more disappointing in him for letting it happen

We don't need to listen to the Spurs fans as we had a season to look at him ourselves. He was tidy, a good footballer. A welcome squad addition imo, although I think we need better quality to stay up. As I've said before we've got plenty of squad players. What we are missing is players the calibre of Ash, Ayew, Wilf, JdG, Michu, Joey. Dare I say it even Sinclair - offered more and more consistently than most of our wingers since.... I'm not sure squad fillers will be enough to keep us up, but we'll see.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 22:37 - Jan 13 with 1652 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 22:30 - Jan 13 by TheResurrection

What other qualities eh Tom??

But before you answer let me ask you what qualities have best worked for SCFC?

We need a bit of pace in the holding postion of midfield , we are way way to slow in there.

He'll keep the ball.
Ki's better than him.

But there you are another Huw signing, always been a big supporter of Huw as most know on here.
I'll keep the faith.
Fair play to the lad for signing thats a plus ,shows he up for a fight

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 22:51 - Jan 13 with 1615 viewsJack11

Is he a decent upgrade or does he offer something significantly different to any player we have. No.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 23:10 - Jan 13 with 1581 viewsmax936

I thought PC said he wanted players that were better than we've got, jury's out on Narsingh as I know feckall about him, on Carrol he's probably better than Cork if he shows that he's quicker in thought and deed, not better than Ki if his head is on and Ki will pop up with the odd goal will Carol? we need another in midfield for me, someone said about another Ferrie Bodde type player and they are spot on a tough operator with a bit of guile and can pop up with the odd goal.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 23:13 - Jan 13 with 1565 viewsJack11

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 23:10 - Jan 13 by max936

I thought PC said he wanted players that were better than we've got, jury's out on Narsingh as I know feckall about him, on Carrol he's probably better than Cork if he shows that he's quicker in thought and deed, not better than Ki if his head is on and Ki will pop up with the odd goal will Carol? we need another in midfield for me, someone said about another Ferrie Bodde type player and they are spot on a tough operator with a bit of guile and can pop up with the odd goal.

Agree with all that and add in Fulton too. He is a better prospect than Carroll.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 23:14 - Jan 13 with 1556 viewsDarran

Someone posted a pass from Bodde on Twitter last night for Scotland to score down the Liberty,obviously I was at the game when it happened but I'd never seen it played back before.
I watched it about 10 times.

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 23:18 - Jan 13 with 1532 viewsmax936

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 23:13 - Jan 13 by Jack11

Agree with all that and add in Fulton too. He is a better prospect than Carroll.

Fulton is coming along nicely, Leon needs to take him under is wing and guide him, he's got a bit more devil in him than Leon as well, but lacks Leon's football intelligence at the moment, he's young so he can grow in that department, looks to have the desire and the ability to be a great player.

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 23:46 - Jan 13 with 1479 viewsharryhpalmer

Loftus-Cheek is that other player. I'd love him here on loan.

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 00:04 - Jan 14 with 1423 viewsMorfa_Same

Completely agree.

This transfer window was the last chance to save ourselves. After Bob was sacked I hoped that the new manager would have his own targets but it's just the same old same old.

Unless Carroll has improved significantly since his last stay he's not even going to make the side.
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 00:15 - Jan 14 with 1396 viewsDarran

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 23:14 - Jan 13 by Darran

Someone posted a pass from Bodde on Twitter last night for Scotland to score down the Liberty,obviously I was at the game when it happened but I'd never seen it played back before.

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 01:09 - Jan 14 with 1342 viewsTheResurrection

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 22:37 - Jan 13 by oh_tommy_tommy

We need a bit of pace in the holding postion of midfield , we are way way to slow in there.

He'll keep the ball.
Ki's better than him.

But there you are another Huw signing, always been a big supporter of Huw as most know on here.
I'll keep the faith.
Fair play to the lad for signing thats a plus ,shows he up for a fight

Pace in the defensive midfield position? When have we ever had that? Or other teams in fairness? A DM holds it all together and can sit and knit. He will never be Usain Bolt but what Carroll will give us is quick ball, quick tempo. He'll get hold of it and move it quickly which is the best we can hope for in our midfield.

And he's better than the Ki we've had to put up with for 80/90% of the time.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 01:11 - Jan 14 with 1335 viewsTheResurrection

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 23:14 - Jan 13 by Darran

You always catch on to things years too late. Don't beat yourself up about it.

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 01:13 - Jan 14 with 1327 viewsTheResurrection

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 23:18 - Jan 13 by max936

Fulton is coming along nicely, Leon needs to take him under is wing and guide him, he's got a bit more devil in him than Leon as well, but lacks Leon's football intelligence at the moment, he's young so he can grow in that department, looks to have the desire and the ability to be a great player.

Fulton may just buzz off someone like Carroll. They will keep the ball moving quick between them that's for sure.

Zip zip zip...

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 01:16 - Jan 14 with 1322 viewsTheResurrection

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 00:15 - Jan 14 by Darran

By the way, as much as Bodde could drop bombs wherever he wanted, you don't get those types of chances in the EPL. Shelvey tried it often enough

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 05:33 - Jan 14 with 1209 viewsmax936

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 01:16 - Jan 14 by TheResurrection

By the way, as much as Bodde could drop bombs wherever he wanted, you don't get those types of chances in the EPL. Shelvey tried it often enough

Funny thing is, I said to my mate that as much as I was glad to see Shelvey go in the end, I'd take him back in a heart beat right now, another thing about Shelvey when he was here Ki used to turn up more often than not.

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 07:05 - Jan 14 with 1174 viewsJango

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 05:33 - Jan 14 by max936

Funny thing is, I said to my mate that as much as I was glad to see Shelvey go in the end, I'd take him back in a heart beat right now, another thing about Shelvey when he was here Ki used to turn up more often than not.

Our best ever season we had Shelvey, Ki, Britton and ....Carrol fighting for a midfield place.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 7:05]
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 07:27 - Jan 14 with 1155 viewsFireboy

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 07:05 - Jan 14 by Jango

Our best ever season we had Shelvey, Ki, Britton and ....Carrol fighting for a midfield place.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2017 7:05]

If Carroll comes it will provide competition if nothing else

Fwiw don't shoot me but I think he 'could' be a replacement for king leon
Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 16:35 - Jan 21 with 912 viewsKerouac

Reports - Carroll Close To Swansea Return on 21:55 - Jan 12 by Kerouac

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that IF we sign this boy (regardless of what we pay for him) his detractors on this thread will be eating their words before the season is out.

...and I think £8m is too much (given his achievements so far and the quality of player you can purchase for that money in the summer) as well, but people don't seem to be taking into account the following;
- our situation/unattractiveness to players
- inflated January prices
- the fact that he has a long contract at Spurs which means they have all the time in the world on this lad. If we don't want to pay the money they will no doubt just loan him out again and see if anyone will pay them good money this summer/next January
- his relative low wages...you could get a top European centre-midfielder for around £10m but his wages would be at least double Carroll's. We've got to make the pot we have this January cover several positions if we are to have a cat in hell's chance of staying up.

IF he comes in I believe we will see some tempo and economic use of the ball injected into our midfield...yes there are other players who could give us that who we might fancy more BUT THESE PLAYERS WON'T WANT TO COME HERE TO US THIS JANUARY, IT'S HARD ENOUGH TO ATTRACT THEM TO SWANSEA WHEN WE AREN'T IN A RELEGATION BATTLE!

Ahem!

...didn't think it would happen this quick!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024