Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We don't do International breaks 22:30 - Mar 31 with 2134 viewsbosh67

Just back from watching the game at my dad's. Good first ten minutes, quick, dangerous, accurate, high pressing. Then, that team left the field and failed to string a pass together, or a chance until the 88th minute. Thought Ollie got his shape all wrong. A back 3 against a high pressing team with two proper wingers. Far too narrow at the back, although that back 3 played okay. No width at all, midfield bypassed in favour of the long ball to Smith who got hit in the face by it so often he started to look punch drunk.

Although I rarely say it we very much missed Luongo breaking up midfield. Smithies, who quite frankly has kept us up this season, had a rare wobbly game, spilled the chance that went in. But quite frankly Derby completely deserved to win and should have won more easily.

Bad day at the office. I have no idea why we played so poorly but we just weren't at it after the first ten bright minutes and an unconvincing last few minutes where we forced a good save from Smith and a header off the post from Sylla. We would have taken it but we didn't deserve it. Chief, Hall and Perch spent the game having to keep Derby out and both Furlong and Bidwell just had no support going forward.

So, all in all about as ineffective as we have been for some time. Derby simply wanted it more. We looked slow, tired and off the pace. But we so often play like this after a break. It seems to take all the wind out our sails. Hopefully a one off and we can push on and get a few more points to make sure we are 100% safe.

Should have come out 2nd half with a flat back 4 and introduced Yeni for either Manning or Freeman, to add a bit more directness.

Oh well, onwards and mid table.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

We don't do International breaks on 22:53 - Mar 31 with 2052 viewsLblock

Spot on

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

We don't do International breaks on 22:53 - Mar 31 with 2049 viewsted_hendrix

I'd have the bastards on the training pitch tomorrow morning and teach the bastards how to pass the fcking ball an enormous 5 bleeding yards to a teammate instead of some other cnt.
They bastards obviously haven't got a clue how to do that.
Bastards.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

We don't do International breaks on 00:10 - Apr 1 with 1922 viewsMancR

Spot on- to both of you. A typical half arsed, insipid effort( generally when I'm watching) utter rubbish performance 😡
We don't do International breaks on 03:02 - Apr 1 with 1835 viewsozexile

I recorded the game and have got to 70 minutes and turned it off. Both teams woeful.
We don't do International breaks on 07:40 - Apr 1 with 1666 viewssmegma

What annoys me is that after about 20 minutes it was patently obvious we were playing too deep and being over run in our half of the pitch. Yet the 3 people in position to make changes to the system didn't/couldn't/wouldn't make any changes that could affect the shape of the team or the result. As for the passing last night, the small spherical object seemed to treated with contempt by EVERYONE. And it appeared our game plan was for Smithies to welly it into East Midlands airspace to Smith. And that was it it. No Plan B.
We don't do International breaks on 08:21 - Apr 1 with 1588 viewsdaveB

would agree with bosh, we didn't play well at all and lacked width. Derby did a good job of winning the second ball from Smith and we were never able to build attacks. Both teams were poor really but we had too many have an off night. A good learning curve for the team as I'm sure more teams will try this to stop us playing.
We don't do International breaks on 09:34 - Apr 1 with 1456 viewsBlue_Castello

Have to agree with Bosh we should have changed to a flat back four, Russell was taking us to the cleaners down the left because he had so much space and Furlong was chasing shadows, invariably running towards central defence leaving the wing completely open.

Ollie has said we got it wrong because we were too direct, lumping the ball to Matt Smith all the time, that's very true but it would have helped if our players could have actually passed to each other.

That said was happy that we didn't give up, could have even stole a point near the death and happy we have a young team willing to work and learn, they will get better we've seen some good performances recently which has shown a great deal of progress.
We don't do International breaks on 10:32 - Apr 1 with 1378 viewsstowmarketrange

We don't do International breaks on 03:02 - Apr 1 by ozexile

I recorded the game and have got to 70 minutes and turned it off. Both teams woeful.

I had to listen to the 2nd half on radio Derby and to listen to the 2 clowns on there I thought we were playing Barcelona.
I'll never complain about radio London's coverage ever again.They had some muppet called Craig Bryson and he was moaning about the playoff final.
He said that we spawned it and that if they'd have won they would've spent £200 million on new players and they'd be in the top 4 of the premier league by now.
A fair few Derby fans were texting about how well they'd played.
Login to get fewer ads

We don't do International breaks on 12:03 - Apr 1 with 1310 viewsenfieldargh

Derby have also spent 20-30 million on their squad and now may have a manager who will stop them tripping over their own shoelaces.

Their midfield bullied ours which in comparison was extremely lightweight.

They are more of a finished article, we are a young team building for the future.

The may make the playoffs whilst we need to develop our team play/game plan.

Last night was a massive backward step. The players were unable to make a simple pass under pressure.

As Derby tired near the end and our few fresh legs on we did start to get back into the game(slightly).

Thought Freeman was poor after he first 10 mins which left Ryan Manning as the only midfield combatant whilst the superb Grant Hall was on defensive duties much of the time.

Pavel was totally isolated and I think moving him inside may have been a better move.

However no matter who came on if we are going to lump it up to Smudger all the time then it doesnt matter whose on the ground between the keeper, back four and Smith

captains fantastic
Poll: SWEET F'IN CAROLINE. Played every half time

We don't do International breaks on 15:51 - Apr 1 with 1170 viewsmendipexile

I thought Derby were ok but we were really poor so made them look good. It was just one of those games where our tactics didn't work at all and too many of our players had a poor game. Ollie and BIrch should have changed the shape as apart from the first ten mins we offered no threat at all and were getting pulled out of shape all the time. Add that to the fact we kept giving the ball away you get the mess we had last night. Even after all that we nearly scraped a draw. I think we are building a good side so really looking forward to next seasons....he says hopefully....it's the hope that kills you!
We don't do International breaks on 17:28 - Apr 1 with 1116 viewsHantsR

We don't do International breaks on 10:32 - Apr 1 by stowmarketrange

I had to listen to the 2nd half on radio Derby and to listen to the 2 clowns on there I thought we were playing Barcelona.
I'll never complain about radio London's coverage ever again.They had some muppet called Craig Bryson and he was moaning about the playoff final.
He said that we spawned it and that if they'd have won they would've spent £200 million on new players and they'd be in the top 4 of the premier league by now.

'Muppet called Craig Bryson' ? One time target for us as I recall after his performances in the season when we 'spawned it'
We don't do International breaks on 19:11 - Apr 2 with 937 viewswelwynranger

Another one added to the list . We don't do cup ties either
We don't do International breaks on 23:44 - Apr 2 with 854 viewssmegma

We don't do International breaks on 10:32 - Apr 1 by stowmarketrange

I just got back today. Last night in a pub restaurant a couple on the next table interrupted my meal by telling me that it was the best Derby have played in a long time. My mate chatted to them but I couldn't give a flying one as no one comes between me and my dinner.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024