Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would anyone recommend weekend in Cardiff 16:48 - Jul 3 with 2205 viewsrunningman75

Looking through fixture list and my off duty at work I am available the bank holiday weekend in August and see we are away at Cardiff. Have only been to the play off final and decided as we were playing them to go up and down in a day with the supporters coach. Thinking I might make a Welsh tour to include the r's games. Any recommendations and places for decent food, beer and hopefully safe for an r's fan.
Would anyone recommend weekend in Cardiff on 16:52 - Jul 3 with 2189 viewssuttonranger

Yes definitely, top place to go on the piss. Main part of town is good, just don't give it the biggun and you'll be fine, been several times befite
Would anyone recommend weekend in Cardiff on 17:21 - Jul 3 with 2146 viewsrobith

Admittedly I've only been there for rugby and gigs, but as long as you avoid St Mary's Street, it's a top place and has some quality boozers.
Would anyone recommend weekend in Cardiff on 22:45 - Jul 3 with 2040 viewssevenhoop

Would anyone recommend weekend in Cardiff on 17:21 - Jul 3 by robith

Admittedly I've only been there for rugby and gigs, but as long as you avoid St Mary's Street, it's a top place and has some quality boozers.

I'd go along with that. Excellent night out in a compact area
Would anyone recommend weekend in Cardiff on 08:36 - Jul 4 with 1950 viewsKonk

I agree with the others re Cardiff being a good spot for a night out. Plenty of nice pubs, but I do find that anything produced by Brains seems to give me an instant hangover. And they seem to own 98% of pubs in Cardiff.

Brains beer can be easily avoided by going to the Tiny Rebel tap house opposite the old Arms park. A great pub from a brilliant brewery and really friendly punters. I know Cardiff have always had a significant div minority, but I always find it a really friendly city.

If you like your Ale/Craft beer places, this might be helpful: https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2014/oct/14/top-10-craft-beer-pubs-cardiff-wa

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Would anyone recommend weekend in Cardiff on 09:33 - Jul 4 with 1901 viewsrunningman75

Would anyone recommend weekend in Cardiff on 08:36 - Jul 4 by Konk

I agree with the others re Cardiff being a good spot for a night out. Plenty of nice pubs, but I do find that anything produced by Brains seems to give me an instant hangover. And they seem to own 98% of pubs in Cardiff.

Brains beer can be easily avoided by going to the Tiny Rebel tap house opposite the old Arms park. A great pub from a brilliant brewery and really friendly punters. I know Cardiff have always had a significant div minority, but I always find it a really friendly city.

If you like your Ale/Craft beer places, this might be helpful: https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2014/oct/14/top-10-craft-beer-pubs-cardiff-wa

Thanks like my ale though often stick to familiar southern breweries such as Fuller's in London so be nice to try some new stuff.
Would anyone recommend weekend in Cardiff on 09:35 - Jul 4 with 1900 viewsrobith

Ah, I went to Tiny Rebel when it was a wider craft beer place, can again vouch that it's top notch. Also zerodegrees down the road have some tidy beers

Also: CHIP ALLEY. Needs to be done
Would anyone recommend weekend in Cardiff on 10:26 - Jul 4 with 1856 viewsWalnut

With glorious inevitability, it looks like there are no direct trains (from London) on Match Day, it's a bus service from Newport!
Would anyone recommend weekend in Cardiff on 11:27 - Jul 4 with 1808 viewssmegma

Would anyone recommend weekend in Cardiff on 10:26 - Jul 4 by Walnut

With glorious inevitability, it looks like there are no direct trains (from London) on Match Day, it's a bus service from Newport!

Login to get fewer ads

Would anyone recommend weekend in Cardiff on 11:34 - Jul 4 with 1798 viewssmegma

Would anyone recommend weekend in Cardiff on 16:13 - Jul 4 with 1727 viewsBoston

Cardiffs fine. Those "divs"...why do you think the welcomes in the hill sides, or to be more precise, the valleys?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Would anyone recommend weekend in Cardiff on 17:10 - Jul 4 with 1688 viewshopphoops

Would anyone recommend weekend in Cardiff on 11:34 - Jul 4 by smegma

tha's quality.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024