Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? 13:19 - Jul 19 with 4962 viewsattila_the_hun

I know some people are gonna cry and say it's Ivor (and those people probably never saw him play) Robbie James could come close but surely Michu should go down as the best?
still active legends include Sinclair, Bony, Trundle and then we have the great might have been Ferrie Bodde

"I'm Free"

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 18:24 - Jul 19 with 1199 viewslifelong

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 18:17 - Jul 19 by controversial_jack

Pablo Hernandez, are you nuts, or on a wind up? He was shyte! Michu the best in modern times, he had it all; could score with his feet - admittedly only his left, he could head, pass the ball and make chances for others, plus his work rate was excellent.Shame it only lasted for one amazing season

Pablo will never be in contention but he was far from being shite.
Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 18:24 - Jul 19 with 1199 viewsraynor94

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 18:07 - Jul 19 by jasper_T

Even during Michu's purple patch Pablo Hernandez was doing more for us all-around.

Love a player who disappears for 85 minutes then scores a winner, but best ever? Come on now.

Fair play you don't half post some guff, and you reckon you are paid for your opinion!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 18:28 - Jul 19 with 1193 viewscimlajack

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 17:45 - Jul 19 by raynor94

The legend of Ivor has been passed down, Still remembered in Newcastle as one the finest to have ever pulled on the famous black and white stripes

You are the same age as me
Thereis a statue/bust of Ivor outside Newcastles ground for a reason

Curt is all time no1 for me,just shading Robbie.

I think Michu was awesome,but i'd doubt he'd make the top ten all time list,i'm genuinely saddened by his careers demise. .
Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 18:37 - Jul 19 with 1185 viewsSgorioFruit

two words

LEON BRITTON

end of article

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 18:44 - Jul 19 with 1172 viewsjasper_T

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 18:24 - Jul 19 by raynor94

Fair play you don't half post some guff, and you reckon you are paid for your opinion!

I used to be, quit that job back in May.

We played some of the sexiest stuff ever with our three roaming wingers and Michu doddering around up top-ish.

Problem with Pablo was that by the time he'd get match fit and up to speed it was time for another injury.
Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 18:49 - Jul 19 with 1167 viewsraynor94

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 18:44 - Jul 19 by jasper_T

I used to be, quit that job back in May.

We played some of the sexiest stuff ever with our three roaming wingers and Michu doddering around up top-ish.

Problem with Pablo was that by the time he'd get match fit and up to speed it was time for another injury.

"Doddering" ? You really don't do yourself any favours at all

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 19:08 - Jul 19 with 1131 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Welcome back jasper t 😀

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 20:34 - Jul 19 with 1097 viewsjack247

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 17:45 - Jul 19 by raynor94

The legend of Ivor has been passed down, Still remembered in Newcastle as one the finest to have ever pulled on the famous black and white stripes

Chinese whispers
Login to get fewer ads

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 20:47 - Jul 19 with 1090 viewsraynor94

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 20:34 - Jul 19 by jack247

Chinese whispers

Fair play that's one dumb ass thing to say, I can remember him in the twilight of his career and he was still a class act, in his heyday at the 58 world cup and Newcastle he was one of the finest players in the country. 245 goals from 691 appearances. 23 goals from 68 appearances. Have a little read up on him, and you'll soon realize how good he was.

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 20:50 - Jul 19 with 1087 viewsjack247

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 20:47 - Jul 19 by raynor94

Fair play that's one dumb ass thing to say, I can remember him in the twilight of his career and he was still a class act, in his heyday at the 58 world cup and Newcastle he was one of the finest players in the country. 245 goals from 691 appearances. 23 goals from 68 appearances. Have a little read up on him, and you'll soon realize how good he was.

I'm not saying he wasn't.

I should have just said it's impossible to judge players from 50 years apart and left it at that.

I never saw him play, most on this site didn't either. Reading up reports from people who never watched the current generation play won't change that
Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 20:55 - Jul 19 with 1086 viewsGeoffThom

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 17:55 - Jul 19 by Private_Partz

'This.
My definition is playing at the highest level in the most successful team.
ML's team was our best and most successful to date. Michu played in that team and it could be argued was the best in the league at the time.
That for me makes him the best.
Should we ever become more successful than that team and have a player who can perform at the same level as Michu, or higher and for a longer period, then that player would be the best for me.
That does not take anything away from the greats that have played for us. They can only play in the team that they are selected for. One of my favourites is Russell Coughlin........
Sorry about the grammar and there are far too many 'bests' in that post :-)

This is my view also ,so yes the best I ever seen in a swans kit
Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 20:59 - Jul 19 with 1084 viewsraynor94

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 20:50 - Jul 19 by jack247

I should have just said it's impossible to judge players from 50 years apart and left it at that.

I never saw him play, most on this site didn't either. Reading up reports from people who never watched the current generation play won't change that

Of course you can't, but the closest comparison I can think of to compare Ivor with would be Eden Hazard, he used to float over the cabbage patches of the day. He truly was that good

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 21:03 - Jul 19 with 1072 viewsLoyal

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 14:10 - Jul 19 by jack247

Ivor's career ended nearly 50 years ago. The vast majority of us will have never seen him play. Even those that did must have a hell of a job comparing him to the likes of Michu, Bony and Siggy.

Always amuses me when people in their 30s and 40s say he was our best ever.

Exactly. I can't remember any of those either.
I never saw Curt, but Michu was magnificent.

You can only comment on what you know.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 21:16 - Jul 19 with 1056 viewsJonTheJack

Leon is getting my vote. Always harder to front up with names like this because he doesn't score goals; but he has been nothing short of incredible for every single season he's had with us.
Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 21:20 - Jul 19 with 1051 viewsYossarian

Silly post, can't believe so many responded to it.....

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 21:23 - Jul 19 with 1048 viewsdameedna

Point of clarification. When Curtis left for Leeds Peter Shilton nigh on ended his career with a real shocking kick to the knee outside the penalty area. That unjury affected Curtis and we took him back. In my opinion Shilton robbed us of the finest striker of his time.

Michu is possibly the best striker others will tell you he was not a striker.

Best player you would have to include Latchford, Toshack, Callaghan, Rajkovic, Hadziabdic, Jones, Medwin, Ivor, Leon, Herbie, James, James, Herandez and others.

I think the mark of best player is a player who plays more than one position really well. Michu had it all and is the best of the epl period marred by injury. I could happily go with that.

Probably need ten categories.
Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 21:34 - Jul 19 with 1036 viewsWarwickHunt

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 20:50 - Jul 19 by jack247

You can't judge players 50 years apart but if your peers say were world class it doesn't matter which era you played in.
Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 21:37 - Jul 19 with 1029 viewsLoyal

Jason Scotland ?
Scored more goals than anyone I have seen.
And puts Bony in to 2nd place.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 21:50 - Jul 19 with 1020 viewsTNT

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 13:33 - Jul 19 by SPboy

As good as Michu was he only really played for us for a season and a bit, then threw his toys out when Laudrup was sacked - he left us as soon as he could.

I would argue that Siggy is up there - he has delivered the goods consistently for us at the top level. Hasn't he scored more PL top level goals for the Swans than any other player?

Curtis was outstanding for us in the lower leagues but never really stood out in the couple of years that he played at the top level.

Robbie James is up there as the most successful local lad to play for the Swans

Curt was the best forward in the top flight, in our first season there, imo.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 21:52 - Jul 19 with 1018 viewsSwanjaxs

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 21:20 - Jul 19 by Yossarian

Silly post, can't believe so many responded to it.....

Pot ... kettle .... 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 22:22 - Jul 19 with 986 viewssomersetsimon

No, but in that short period he had, I think he was the best finisher I've seen at the Swans.
(No subject) (n/t) on 23:04 - Jul 19 with 969 viewsQuincy999

It's impossible to compare the players of today with players who used to smoke a pipe and pass around a bottle of whisky at half time.
Cliff jones was the best old un and michu the best modern player.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2017 23:07]
Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 23:15 - Jul 19 with 956 viewsymaohyd

Without a doubt Michu is the most talented player to have ever played for the Swans...in my opinion.

Different argument as to 'the greatest' as that brings in to the debate longevity etc, where he clearly wouldn't be anywhere near.

Given my age I saw Curt at his best Robbie, Leighton James, all superb, but for me for raw talent Michu head and shoulders the best.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 09:20 - Jul 20 with 889 viewsMarinaJack

Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 23:15 - Jul 19 by ymaohyd

Without a doubt Michu is the most talented player to have ever played for the Swans...in my opinion.

Different argument as to 'the greatest' as that brings in to the debate longevity etc, where he clearly wouldn't be anywhere near.

Given my age I saw Curt at his best Robbie, Leighton James, all superb, but for me for raw talent Michu head and shoulders the best.

michu was a great talent bit was he more talented say than cliffy jones ,allchurch and Callaghan

As good as he was he had 2 or 3 good years in his career the guys above had over a decade at the top as did people like Leighton and Robbie james and medwin

As for people say you can only comment on players you saw live, I suggest those people take the time and effort to read up on great players of the past

Listen to the fans who saw them , the players who played alongside them and you may actually learn a thing or two.

There is a reason Ivor has a statue at the liberty, there is a reason he is voted Swansea greatest ever player ,
Was Michu the best ever Swansea player? on 11:12 - Jul 20 with 863 viewssherpajacob

No argument with those that champion Ivor, Curt or Robbie as our best ever.

Michu very good, but he was a surprise package to the premier league when he made an impact, sadly we'll never know if he could have delivered consistently over many seasons as the three named above did.

Someone who deserves consideration, he was a colossus , easily the best defender in an old first division littered with European champions. Ante Rajkovic.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024