Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stotts coaches - Experiences? 21:04 - Aug 19 with 7094 viewsRosun

Hi All,

I was approached this afternoon by a few fans who were unhappy with the level of service provided by the official travel partner, Stotts coaches.

Comments raised included the Carlisle fiasco last season, the late arrival in Portsmouth and the 3 and half hour journey today via the queue for the V Festival at Weston Park.

I'm here to canvass opinion prior to the Trust meeting next week so that we can take any opinions back to the Club to improve the service.

Many thanks.
Dennis
Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 21:39 - Aug 19 with 6983 views442Dale

The club tweeted yesterday about travel issues around the festival so why didn't the coach plan around it?!

Good to see the Trust representing the fans well again after the good work done on the bar issue last week. The club will know this route, via canvassing fan opinion in person/email/this messageboard, can only strengthen their relationship with supporters.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 22:05 - Aug 19 with 6944 viewsdale4ever

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 21:39 - Aug 19 by 442Dale

The club tweeted yesterday about travel issues around the festival so why didn't the coach plan around it?!

Good to see the Trust representing the fans well again after the good work done on the bar issue last week. The club will know this route, via canvassing fan opinion in person/email/this messageboard, can only strengthen their relationship with supporters.

The coach driver today was instructed by police to go that way, seemed daft to everyone on the coach but he had a letter to prove this when asked.
Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 08:07 - Aug 21 with 6367 viewsdalefan

Good to see the trust acting on behalf of the fans again. I have been really unhappy with the travel arrangements the club has made so far this season for the following reasons.
I have been on the supporters coach to both Portsmouth and Mansfield. The late arrival at Portsmouth was the fault of the drivers on the Stotts coach. After a one and a half hour delay due to an accident( not stotts fault) we were on course to arrive at the ground at 2.45 . During the stop for the accident the second driver told me we weren't going to stop en route but would just be pulling over to change drivers. It was then announced we were stopping for people to stretch their legs, no one wanted to stop apart from the driver!! Due to congestion it took 40 minutes from leaving the motorway to rejoining the motorway. We arrived around 15 minutes late. The maps app on my phone accurately predicted our arrival time. Why didn't the drivers do this simple check? They obviously weren't bothered about getting us to the ground on time. Also when we arrived they dropped us off as far as possible from the away end. They said they would pick us up from the place they dropped us off and weren't there. They parked around 20 minutes away from where they said they would be. Why didn't one of the drivers go to the place they said they would be to direct people?
Could you also ask the club why we are now being provided with mini buses with no toilet facilities. For the Mansfield game there were 2 mini buses instead of one large one with toilets on. The club are treating supporters as second class people by not providing adequate facilities for journeys of several hours. When stuck in traffic there is nowhere to stop etc.
I for one will never use the supporters coach again whilst they do not provide facilities that they should do.
Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 09:46 - Aug 21 with 6251 viewsDerekHall5

I refuse to travel on the official coach now because they have become unreliable. Getting to the game on time is a basic and as we have seen they can't manage that. From talking to some fans I think most people would be happy to get to away games earlier, have a look around the place then watch the game. Instead of straight off the coach into the ground or having to listen to the radio on the coach to get updates of the game our fans should be at but are still on the coach
Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 10:17 - Aug 21 with 6189 viewsDerekHall5

As an extra note in what way will the fans who travelled down to Portsmouth on the coach be compensated by the coach company? They should be given free travel to an away game of their choice
Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 10:55 - Aug 21 with 6119 views442Dale

Would be confident that something can be done to canvass the opinion of regular travellers now. Those at the club who oversee the coach travel could easily get a simple questionnaire together and send it out, maybe ask for email addresses when people book for the next away game. That could then be fed back to the coach company to ensure it's taken on board.

The main thing is it won't be forgotten now with the Trust following it up.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 13:50 - Aug 21 with 5948 viewsStreety1996

I was on the coach to Portsmouth and I was baffled by the decision to stop really, not the first time I've been late using them (Walsall away last season was another example turned up 30 mins into the first half)

Poll: Lillis or Logan?

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 13:56 - Aug 21 with 5933 viewsValleySaddler

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 08:07 - Aug 21 by dalefan

Good to see the trust acting on behalf of the fans again. I have been really unhappy with the travel arrangements the club has made so far this season for the following reasons.
I have been on the supporters coach to both Portsmouth and Mansfield. The late arrival at Portsmouth was the fault of the drivers on the Stotts coach. After a one and a half hour delay due to an accident( not stotts fault) we were on course to arrive at the ground at 2.45 . During the stop for the accident the second driver told me we weren't going to stop en route but would just be pulling over to change drivers. It was then announced we were stopping for people to stretch their legs, no one wanted to stop apart from the driver!! Due to congestion it took 40 minutes from leaving the motorway to rejoining the motorway. We arrived around 15 minutes late. The maps app on my phone accurately predicted our arrival time. Why didn't the drivers do this simple check? They obviously weren't bothered about getting us to the ground on time. Also when we arrived they dropped us off as far as possible from the away end. They said they would pick us up from the place they dropped us off and weren't there. They parked around 20 minutes away from where they said they would be. Why didn't one of the drivers go to the place they said they would be to direct people?
Could you also ask the club why we are now being provided with mini buses with no toilet facilities. For the Mansfield game there were 2 mini buses instead of one large one with toilets on. The club are treating supporters as second class people by not providing adequate facilities for journeys of several hours. When stuck in traffic there is nowhere to stop etc.
I for one will never use the supporters coach again whilst they do not provide facilities that they should do.

In regard to Mansfield I supplied the Mini Coaches to the club as there were insufficient numbers to warrant a full size coach and it certainly wasn't viable.
Obviously there isn't a toilet on these vehicles,and i made the call to go straight through with it being a relatively short journey.
However if anybody requested a toilet stop it would have been accommodated.
I cant agree that the club are treating supporters as second class citizens its simply a case of finding a solution when numbers do not warrant a full size coach.
I do what I do because I'm a Dale fan.Last season I ran to Gillingham with 11 paying customers and have ran to Torquay with similar numbers.
Commercially it doesn't add up but I look on it as it gets me to the game as well as fans who have no other way of getting there..
On a side note I have met a lot of fans through doing this,all of them to a man or woman really good people.
I am also quite proud of the fact that a Mini Coach has run to every away game that didn't warrant a full size coach since I started doing this in 2013.
And I have never missed a kick off, although Portsmouth was very very close!!
Login to get fewer ads

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 13:58 - Aug 21 with 5925 viewsTVOS1907

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 13:50 - Aug 21 by Streety1996

I was on the coach to Portsmouth and I was baffled by the decision to stop really, not the first time I've been late using them (Walsall away last season was another example turned up 30 mins into the first half)

To be fair, even those of us who went by car arrived late at Walsall due to motorway and A road problems.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 14:04 - Aug 21 with 5903 viewsStreety1996

Yeah I've been on about 30 away games using the mini bus and the coach and only been late 3 times, never been late once when using the mini bus.

Poll: Lillis or Logan?

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 16:20 - Aug 21 with 5772 viewsdalefan

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 13:56 - Aug 21 by ValleySaddler

In regard to Mansfield I supplied the Mini Coaches to the club as there were insufficient numbers to warrant a full size coach and it certainly wasn't viable.
Obviously there isn't a toilet on these vehicles,and i made the call to go straight through with it being a relatively short journey.
I cant agree that the club are treating supporters as second class citizens its simply a case of finding a solution when numbers do not warrant a full size coach.
I do what I do because I'm a Dale fan.Last season I ran to Gillingham with 11 paying customers and have ran to Torquay with similar numbers.
Commercially it doesn't add up but I look on it as it gets me to the game as well as fans who have no other way of getting there..
On a side note I have met a lot of fans through doing this,all of them to a man or woman really good people.
I am also quite proud of the fact that a Mini Coach has run to every away game that didn't warrant a full size coach since I started doing this in 2013.

Whilst I certainly appreciate what you do and I know you are a fan also and the fact you got to the Portsmouth game for kick off shows your commitment . There were two mini buses to Mansfield so around 30 people in total. Surely this is enough for a large coach with toilet facilities. Perhaps we don't get as many booking on the supporters coach because the facilities are hit and miss. If supporters were sure there would be toilet facilities then maybe more would book. As I said before I consider that to take supporters on a coach for several hours without toilet facilities to be unacceptable
Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 16:25 - Aug 21 with 5746 viewsColDale

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 13:56 - Aug 21 by ValleySaddler

I'm not one for using the coaches, but before the mini coach came along, it seemed 50-50 whether a coach would be run or not. With each cancellation, more and more people make other arrangements or miss out. From those I've spoken to, there are a lot of people who appreciate that you've ensured there is away travel to every away game.
Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 16:27 - Aug 21 with 5741 viewsTVOS1907

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 16:20 - Aug 21 by dalefan

Whilst I certainly appreciate what you do and I know you are a fan also and the fact you got to the Portsmouth game for kick off shows your commitment . There were two mini buses to Mansfield so around 30 people in total. Surely this is enough for a large coach with toilet facilities. Perhaps we don't get as many booking on the supporters coach because the facilities are hit and miss. If supporters were sure there would be toilet facilities then maybe more would book. As I said before I consider that to take supporters on a coach for several hours without toilet facilities to be unacceptable

While you are making some valid points, I disagree that people don't book the coach just because there might not be a loo on board!

What do these people do if they are in a car?

Also, as ValleySaddler said, he would have stopped (and the other driver too, I imagine) had he been made aware of passengers' needs.

It also isn't several hours to Mansfield, but between Rochdale and there are a few service areas where a stop could be made if necessary.

Obviously that doesn't address the situation completely, especially if someone is desperate for a number one or a number two, but in the case of a trip like that to Mansfield, have a word with the driver in advance to see what he suggests.

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 17:16 - Aug 21 with 5667 viewsDaleiLama

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 16:27 - Aug 21 by TVOS1907

While you are making some valid points, I disagree that people don't book the coach just because there might not be a loo on board!

What do these people do if they are in a car?

Also, as ValleySaddler said, he would have stopped (and the other driver too, I imagine) had he been made aware of passengers' needs.

It also isn't several hours to Mansfield, but between Rochdale and there are a few service areas where a stop could be made if necessary.

Obviously that doesn't address the situation completely, especially if someone is desperate for a number one or a number two, but in the case of a trip like that to Mansfield, have a word with the driver in advance to see what he suggests.

Is there any truth in the rumour that the gaffer asked the driver to stop on the way to Shrewsbury because he was desperate for at least a number six, but he might also be able to manage a number five too?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 19:02 - Aug 21 with 5553 viewsRosun

Thanks All.

Great feedback, and it didn't descend into a left back / centre half discussion

We'll take the comments forward and update accordingly.

Cheers.
Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 19:12 - Aug 21 with 5525 viewsnordenblue

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 16:20 - Aug 21 by dalefan

Surely the journeys for several hours are the exact ones less likely to be worthy or viable for a full size coach anyway?

As TVOS mentions id be staggered if any driver would have a problem stopping for a toilet break if needed,and a massive well done to the fan helping out making club travel an option for every single away trip,its silly comments that make him think why the hell he bothers I bet.....
Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 20:06 - Aug 21 with 5442 viewsdalefan

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 19:12 - Aug 21 by nordenblue

Surely the journeys for several hours are the exact ones less likely to be worthy or viable for a full size coach anyway?

As TVOS mentions id be staggered if any driver would have a problem stopping for a toilet break if needed,and a massive well done to the fan helping out making club travel an option for every single away trip,its silly comments that make him think why the hell he bothers I bet.....

Sorry about my comments I just assumed the original post asked for comments from people who used the coaches, sorry for my misunderstanding about that
Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 20:08 - Aug 21 with 5436 viewsdalefan

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 19:12 - Aug 21 by nordenblue

Sorry about my comments I just assumed the original post asked for comments from people who used the coaches, sorry for my misunderstanding about that. Several hours means anything over 2 hours which most coach trips have the potential to be. However I will keep my 'silly' comments to my self
Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 20:18 - Aug 21 with 5403 viewsTVOS1907

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 20:08 - Aug 21 by dalefan

Sorry about my comments I just assumed the original post asked for comments from people who used the coaches, sorry for my misunderstanding about that. Several hours means anything over 2 hours which most coach trips have the potential to be. However I will keep my 'silly' comments to my self

I don't agree that your comments are 'silly', but as explained by ValleySaddler, solutions can be found by speaking to the driver.

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 20:36 - Aug 21 with 5370 viewsriggers37

I was on the coach to Carlisle last year. Not sure who made the call but people on the coach were offered a freebie on the next away trip.

Previously used the coach to QPR and the drivers had a lot to contend with including cleaning the toilet of vomit!

Did the minibus to Swindon and again had no problems apart from the usual road closures on the way home.

Now go by car or train as you can set off early and ensure you get to the game on time and stop when you want. Not everybody has access to a car of course and the coach is probebly the most cost effective mode of travel for some.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 20:39]
Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 20:39 - Aug 21 with 5362 viewsTVOS1907

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 20:36 - Aug 21 by riggers37

I was on the coach to Carlisle last year. Not sure who made the call but people on the coach were offered a freebie on the next away trip.

Previously used the coach to QPR and the drivers had a lot to contend with including cleaning the toilet of vomit!

Did the minibus to Swindon and again had no problems apart from the usual road closures on the way home.

Now go by car or train as you can set off early and ensure you get to the game on time and stop when you want. Not everybody has access to a car of course and the coach is probebly the most cost effective mode of travel for some.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 20:39]

Not sure why you've voted down my post when you seem to be agreeing with me about its effectiveness and good service provided by VS!

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 20:43 - Aug 21 with 5356 viewsnordenblue

Stotts coaches - Experiences? on 20:08 - Aug 21 by dalefan

The same applies if you went in a car though still,there's not a portable toilet attached to most modern family cars so you'd still make a stop if necessary.

Whilst the dictionary may agree with you many people generally wouldn't class anything just over 2 hours as "several",but again the time scales pretty irrelevant anyway, if you needed a stop you just ask the driver
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024