Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Uplands eateries 10:39 - Sep 12 with 11111 viewsjack_lord

Going out in Uplands on Saturday and looking for a nice meal. Any suggestions or wander further afield?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Uplands eateries on 19:33 - Sep 12 with 4631 viewswhoflungdung

In that case Jase ,we ll bring our own provisions and cook for ourselves

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Uplands eateries on 19:34 - Sep 12 with 4632 viewsSPboy

Uplands has lots of options these days:

For fast food KFC is always busy, or Subway if you like that sort of thing
GDK - German Donor Kebab shop, about as good as it gets if you like kebabs
Belash - best Indian takeaway in Swansea
Brewstone- good food & choice of beers if you have got deep pockets, excellent pizza
Verve - ok for food, tapas is ok
Crumbs - very good vegetarian options but not open late

Tav for a drink or two - if you can put up with plastic glasses & sticky carpets. Music a bit hit or miss these days
Noah's - not to everyone's taste but ok when they have Gower Gold on tap
New bar called The Optimist - not to my liking depends what company you are keeping, all a bit too pretentious for me
Late drinks in the Garage or the Terrace - music is pot luck

Who needs Wind St ?
Uplands eateries on 19:54 - Sep 12 with 4615 viewsjack247

Uplands eateries on 19:20 - Sep 12 by jack_lord

Rich, I'm going to be with the wife so go to the places we both like. I don't fancy Noah's yard and the Terrace because it is full of posers but a few of her lot might be in there. I am old school Uplands Tavern so that will be a definite and I have no idea what the pubs on Brynymor Road are like these days.

Mozarts is an experience
Uplands eateries on 19:57 - Sep 12 with 4610 viewsJackfath

Is this all a front for PS own wife swapping club?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Uplands eateries on 21:04 - Sep 12 with 4578 viewsjack_lord

Uplands eateries on 19:54 - Sep 12 by jack247

Mozarts is an experience

Good or bad? I worked there when it was the St James Hotel. Gary, the owner, was as mad as mad could be, The Swansea Mafia had regular meetings in there and some very shady stuff going on. His step daughter Tracey was absolutely beautiful and he closed it after an "argument" with his wife. No messing around, shut so she couldn't have any money.

Uplands eateries on 21:06 - Sep 12 with 4576 viewsjack_lord

Uplands eateries on 19:57 - Sep 12 by Jackfath

Is this all a front for PS own wife swapping club?

I have absolutely no probs with wife swapping if that's what anyone wants but my wife only fancies one man (jammy git :) )

Uplands eateries on 21:09 - Sep 12 with 4571 viewsDarran

Uplands eateries on 21:06 - Sep 12 by jack_lord

I have absolutely no probs with wife swapping if that's what anyone wants but my wife only fancies one man (jammy git :) )

YKTR.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Uplands eateries on 21:15 - Sep 12 with 4570 viewsmax936

Uplands eateries on 18:19 - Sep 12 by FieryJack

La Parmigiana on Duke Street - which I've never been to and which is in St. Helens rather than Uplands - gets good reviews.

Probably a bit too rustic/small/intimate for my liking, but maybe worth a shout.

Also has the advantage of being within spitting distance of one of the few decent boozers in Swansea ie. The Brunswick - where you can get decent beer and have a chat without having to shout over garbage piped music.

Better than the few bars/pubs in the Uplands, which are frequented by an upsettingly large number of poseurs/beardies/trendy arty types.

Also does reasonable pub food, I believe.

Don't bother with La Parmigiana its like a shop come café food is made and cooked previously then microwaved to order, its popular as people can take their own drink, but its a bit of a pit walls are stinking little porky kitchen with a few mircowaves, we went there about 2 yrs ago, after reading the reviews, the owners are tidy enough but the place needs work and food needs/should be freshly cooked in my opinion, its very reasonable though, so it depends what you want I suppose, but we were expecting far better.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Uplands eateries on 21:20 - Sep 12 with 4558 viewsjack247

Uplands eateries on 21:04 - Sep 12 by jack_lord

Good or bad? I worked there when it was the St James Hotel. Gary, the owner, was as mad as mad could be, The Swansea Mafia had regular meetings in there and some very shady stuff going on. His step daughter Tracey was absolutely beautiful and he closed it after an "argument" with his wife. No messing around, shut so she couldn't have any money.

It's quite good fun, but there are some serious states in there. I'd give it a miss if you're looking for a civilised night out with your wife.

I'm guessing it has always been the same, but it's essentially like a house party.
Uplands eateries on 21:23 - Sep 12 with 4555 viewsGaryjack

Uplands eateries on 15:29 - Sep 12 by Darran

You'd be better off mouthing "avoids the bill"

OMG! This has taken another turn! Are you now saying Perchie avoided paying the bill? That's really bad, i always thought you simply offered to pay. Avoiding paying is well out of order!
Uplands eateries on 21:28 - Sep 12 with 4541 viewsDarran

Uplands eateries on 21:23 - Sep 12 by Garyjack

OMG! This has taken another turn! Are you now saying Perchie avoided paying the bill? That's really bad, i always thought you simply offered to pay. Avoiding paying is well out of order!

No comment there's 500 nicker at stake here.

Uplands eateries on 22:00 - Sep 12 with 4508 viewsFieryJack

Uplands eateries on 21:15 - Sep 12 by max936

Don't bother with La Parmigiana its like a shop come café food is made and cooked previously then microwaved to order, its popular as people can take their own drink, but its a bit of a pit walls are stinking little porky kitchen with a few mircowaves, we went there about 2 yrs ago, after reading the reviews, the owners are tidy enough but the place needs work and food needs/should be freshly cooked in my opinion, its very reasonable though, so it depends what you want I suppose, but we were expecting far better.

Thanks for the advice, Max.

I'll probably give it a miss next time I'm in Swansea.

Will defo be going in the Brunswick again, though.
Uplands eateries on 23:03 - Sep 12 with 4470 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Uplands eateries on 19:20 - Sep 12 by jack_lord

Rich, I'm going to be with the wife so go to the places we both like. I don't fancy Noah's yard and the Terrace because it is full of posers but a few of her lot might be in there. I am old school Uplands Tavern so that will be a definite and I have no idea what the pubs on Brynymor Road are like these days.

The Brynymor is much nicer after its revamp . Very nice. If you fancy an indian masala which is in the old Bengal brassrie place is very good.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Uplands eateries on 23:12 - Sep 12 with 4458 viewswhoflungdung

Thanks Bryn

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Uplands eateries on 23:25 - Sep 12 with 4443 viewsGaryjack

Uplands eateries on 21:28 - Sep 12 by Darran

No comment there's 500 nicker at stake here.

But in the interest of fairness, you've already insulted Perchie by implying he 'avoided paying the bill'' when you've always maintained that you offered to pick up the tab? That means you owe him 500 nicker!
Uplands eateries on 23:32 - Sep 12 with 4430 viewsDarran

Uplands eateries on 23:25 - Sep 12 by Garyjack

But in the interest of fairness, you've already insulted Perchie by implying he 'avoided paying the bill'' when you've always maintained that you offered to pick up the tab? That means you owe him 500 nicker!

Fair point,he can go fuçk himself though.

Uplands eateries on 23:34 - Sep 12 with 4427 viewsGaryjack

Uplands eateries on 23:32 - Sep 12 by Darran

Fair point,he can go fuçk himself though.

[Post edited 12 Sep 2017 23:40]
Uplands eateries on 23:50 - Sep 12 with 4409 viewsSwanjaxs

Uplands eateries on 19:34 - Sep 12 by SPboy

Uplands has lots of options these days:

For fast food KFC is always busy, or Subway if you like that sort of thing
GDK - German Donor Kebab shop, about as good as it gets if you like kebabs
Belash - best Indian takeaway in Swansea
Brewstone- good food & choice of beers if you have got deep pockets, excellent pizza
Verve - ok for food, tapas is ok
Crumbs - very good vegetarian options but not open late

Tav for a drink or two - if you can put up with plastic glasses & sticky carpets. Music a bit hit or miss these days
Noah's - not to everyone's taste but ok when they have Gower Gold on tap
New bar called The Optimist - not to my liking depends what company you are keeping, all a bit too pretentious for me
Late drinks in the Garage or the Terrace - music is pot luck

Who needs Wind St ?

No more sticky carpet in the Tavs!!! Shut for refurbishment until Sept 22nd

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Uplands eateries on 23:53 - Sep 12 with 4401 viewsDarran

Uplands eateries on 23:34 - Sep 12 by Garyjack

[Post edited 12 Sep 2017 23:40]

He phoned me up a couple of years ago when I was a mod on here and told me that everytime The Res(T2C) abused someone I should fine him £50 and give it to charity.
I never for one minute thought he was being serious untill I said you can't do that and he started screaming at me and slammed the phone down.

The mad çunt was deadly serious.

Uplands eateries on 00:08 - Sep 13 with 4381 viewsGaryjack

Uplands eateries on 23:53 - Sep 12 by Darran

He phoned me up a couple of years ago when I was a mod on here and told me that everytime The Res(T2C) abused someone I should fine him £50 and give it to charity.
I never for one minute thought he was being serious untill I said you can't do that and he started screaming at me and slammed the phone down.

The mad çunt was deadly serious.

No way!

And to think he loves Res now, when all the while he wanted Planetswans to repossess his house for monies owed for posting abuse on here!
Uplands eateries on 08:53 - Sep 13 with 4294 viewsjack_lord

Uplands eateries on 23:50 - Sep 12 by Swanjaxs

No more sticky carpet in the Tavs!!! Shut for refurbishment until Sept 22nd

Probably the main reason I wanted to out in Uplands was so I could have a pint in the Tavern for old times sake.

Uplands eateries on 12:39 - Sep 13 with 4257 viewsSwanjaxs

Uplands eateries on 08:53 - Sep 13 by jack_lord

Probably the main reason I wanted to out in Uplands was so I could have a pint in the Tavern for old times sake.

Aye it'll be £4.50 a pint in the Tavs when it reopens for sure, another proper boozer bites the dust 😮

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Uplands eateries on 16:26 - Sep 13 with 4209 viewsmax936

Uplands eateries on 12:39 - Sep 13 by Swanjaxs

Aye it'll be £4.50 a pint in the Tavs when it reopens for sure, another proper boozer bites the dust 😮

Was gonna post that the Tavern was having a re-fit I passed it today on a way to a job and saw a skip scaffold and rumble assembled outside and the obligatory couple of workers outside having a fag

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Uplands eateries on 23:00 - Sep 13 with 4137 viewsjack_lord

Uplands eateries on 16:26 - Sep 13 by max936

Was gonna post that the Tavern was having a re-fit I passed it today on a way to a job and saw a skip scaffold and rumble assembled outside and the obligatory couple of workers outside having a fag

The first time in 25 years I'm going to have a proper night in the Uplands and the Tav is effing closed.

Uplands eateries on 23:04 - Sep 13 with 4134 viewsDarran

Uplands eateries on 00:08 - Sep 13 by Garyjack

No way!

And to think he loves Res now, when all the while he wanted Planetswans to repossess his house for monies owed for posting abuse on here!

Yes way. 100% true. Ask him.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024