Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Ham Pubs? 11:17 - Sep 28 with 7250 viewsStebojacks

Where,s everyone heading for pre match on Saturday? We,re in Paddington half ten, plenty of time for a few cold ones before the game.🍺🍺🍺
West Ham Pubs? on 11:20 - Sep 28 with 7245 viewsairedale

I recommend the Blind Beggar, go in there and ask for a luger and lime.
West Ham Pubs? on 15:27 - Sep 28 with 7090 viewsLoyal

West Ham Pubs? on 11:20 - Sep 28 by airedale

👍😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

West Ham Pubs? on 15:38 - Sep 28 with 7083 viewspencoedjack

West Ham Pubs? on 11:20 - Sep 28 by airedale

Jokes aside we went to the blind beggar a few years back ( the 4 1 win) & had a great time
West Ham Pubs? on 15:39 - Sep 28 with 7080 views1983

The Railway Tavern a few minutes walk from Stratford tube & international station
proper old boozer good grub & drink prices for London, it's been in a couple of films as well

West Ham Pubs? on 15:40 - Sep 28 with 7078 viewsairedale

West Ham Pubs? on 15:38 - Sep 28 by pencoedjack

Jokes aside we went to the blind beggar a few years back ( the 4 1 win) & had a great time

I was surprised to learn as well, that Bobby Moore had once owned it.
West Ham Pubs? on 15:43 - Sep 28 with 7068 viewsLoyal

West Ham Pubs? on 15:40 - Sep 28 by airedale

I was surprised to learn as well, that Bobby Moore had once owned it.

Another footballer remembered as one of the best years after he died.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

West Ham Pubs? on 18:30 - Sep 28 with 6950 viewsFieryJack

The Railway Tavern (above) is a good suggestion.

If you like the idea of a traditional/historical pub I'd suggest the Cittie of York on High Holborn.

Great place to visit, bizarrely low prices for London and is near to Chancery Lane tube station, which is on the central line running to Stratford. Convenient for those travelling in via Paddington.

My sort of pub, but be warned, it's a Sam Smiths pub i.e. It only sells Sam Smiths ales & lagers (some of the lager is lethally strong!) - no Stella, Carling, Fosters, John Smiths etc.
West Ham Pubs? on 20:13 - Sep 28 with 6864 viewsDyfnant

West Ham Pubs? on 18:30 - Sep 28 by FieryJack

If you like the idea of a traditional/historical pub I'd suggest the Cittie of York on High Holborn.

Great place to visit, bizarrely low prices for London and is near to Chancery Lane tube station, which is on the central line running to Stratford. Convenient for those travelling in via Paddington.

My sort of pub, but be warned, it's a Sam Smiths pub i.e. It only sells Sam Smiths ales & lagers (some of the lager is lethally strong!) - no Stella, Carling, Fosters, John Smiths etc.

Any cider

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Login to get fewer ads

West Ham Pubs? on 21:12 - Sep 28 with 6824 viewsFieryJack

West Ham Pubs? on 20:13 - Sep 28 by Dyfnant

Any cider

Yep - they do various ciders, some on tap, some bottled. No idea if it's drinkable or not because I don't drink it myself.

The owner of Sam Smiths brewery is notorious for completely banning all branded products from other companies - only his company's name is allowed on all products, from peanuts & pork scratchings to dark rum and whiskey - only one name will appear - Sam Smiths.

I think this is how he keeps prices down e.g. A pint of Light Mild is a brilliant & ridiculous £1.37 in the nearest of his pubs to me.

You could pretty much get steamed up on 4 pints of the stronger lager for less than a tenner & be thinking you could take on a dozen Hammers fans at once.

This cheapness can affect the quality of some products - our lass drinks Bacardi & coke - but Barcadi, being a brand name, is banned, so she had white rum and coke instead. One sip and she walked out back and threw it down the drain!

Sam Smiths pubs are a cult - no television, no music, no bandits - but some of the best interiors of any pubs in the U.K. - all wood & leather, old mirrors, lamps & Victorian tiling - proper time-warp places - another classic worth visiting if you're in London is the Anchor Tap in the shadow of Tower Bridge.

These pubs can be so silent you can hear the ticking of the clock above the bar, or they'll be full of a sound you rarely hear in pubs today - the loud hubbub of crowds of happy, half drunk, red-faced, amiable folk.

In short - they're as far removed from crass fuc*in Sports Bars as you can get!
West Ham Pubs? on 00:24 - Sep 29 with 6746 viewsDyfnant

West Ham Pubs? on 21:12 - Sep 28 by FieryJack

Yep - they do various ciders, some on tap, some bottled. No idea if it's drinkable or not because I don't drink it myself.

The owner of Sam Smiths brewery is notorious for completely banning all branded products from other companies - only his company's name is allowed on all products, from peanuts & pork scratchings to dark rum and whiskey - only one name will appear - Sam Smiths.

I think this is how he keeps prices down e.g. A pint of Light Mild is a brilliant & ridiculous £1.37 in the nearest of his pubs to me.

You could pretty much get steamed up on 4 pints of the stronger lager for less than a tenner & be thinking you could take on a dozen Hammers fans at once.

This cheapness can affect the quality of some products - our lass drinks Bacardi & coke - but Barcadi, being a brand name, is banned, so she had white rum and coke instead. One sip and she walked out back and threw it down the drain!

Sam Smiths pubs are a cult - no television, no music, no bandits - but some of the best interiors of any pubs in the U.K. - all wood & leather, old mirrors, lamps & Victorian tiling - proper time-warp places - another classic worth visiting if you're in London is the Anchor Tap in the shadow of Tower Bridge.

These pubs can be so silent you can hear the ticking of the clock above the bar, or they'll be full of a sound you rarely hear in pubs today - the loud hubbub of crowds of happy, half drunk, red-faced, amiable folk.

In short - they're as far removed from crass fuc*in Sports Bars as you can get!

Is there one in Swiss Cottage Regent's Park as well. Been in a boozer there that's unbranded stuff

West Ham Pubs? on 08:56 - Sep 29 with 6614 viewsFieryJack

West Ham Pubs? on 00:24 - Sep 29 by Dyfnant

Is there one in Swiss Cottage Regent's Park as well. Been in a boozer there that's unbranded stuff

The one in Swiss Cottage is called "Ye Olde Swiss Cottage" (groan).

The nearest one to Regent's Park was just off Harley Street, and was called the Dover Castle. Closed down now, sadly.
West Ham Pubs? on 11:02 - Sep 29 with 6575 viewsairedale

West Ham Pubs? on 08:56 - Sep 29 by FieryJack

The one in Swiss Cottage is called "Ye Olde Swiss Cottage" (groan).

The nearest one to Regent's Park was just off Harley Street, and was called the Dover Castle. Closed down now, sadly.

It was just called the Swiss Cottage when I worked in it in 1968. There were 7 bars and 2 restaurants and we used to take £9000 per week.
West Ham Pubs? on 13:49 - Sep 29 with 6507 viewsFieryJack

West Ham Pubs? on 11:02 - Sep 29 by airedale

It was just called the Swiss Cottage when I worked in it in 1968. There were 7 bars and 2 restaurants and we used to take £9000 per week.

1968!?

Flipping' 'eck, you must have been serving Double Diamond & Watneys Red Barrel back then!

Bet it doesn't take £9k a week now.
West Ham Pubs? on 14:03 - Sep 29 with 6500 viewsairedale

West Ham Pubs? on 13:49 - Sep 29 by FieryJack

1968!?

Flipping' 'eck, you must have been serving Double Diamond & Watneys Red Barrel back then!

Bet it doesn't take £9k a week now.

Yeah, crap, you didn't drink in the Swiss if you were discerning, even then. A really busy pub in the sticks in those days would take less than £1000pw.
West Ham Pubs? on 17:30 - Sep 29 with 6414 viewsDyfnant

Anywhere near the ground for away fans? We have to collect our match tickets from their ticket office unfortunately

West Ham Pubs? on 17:37 - Sep 29 with 6410 viewsbonymine

West Ham Pubs? on 17:30 - Sep 29 by Dyfnant

Anywhere near the ground for away fans? We have to collect our match tickets from their ticket office unfortunately

I'd go straight in the ground if I was you mate .....I went to Upton Park in 1980 for the FA Cup game and they were phuking horrible fans stabbing us with knitting needles hidden up their jackets and throwing golf balls at us total filth they are .....

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

West Ham Pubs? on 18:06 - Sep 29 with 6395 viewsawayjack

West Ham Pubs? on 17:37 - Sep 29 by bonymine

I'd go straight in the ground if I was you mate .....I went to Upton Park in 1980 for the FA Cup game and they were phuking horrible fans stabbing us with knitting needles hidden up their jackets and throwing golf balls at us total filth they are .....

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Yes just posted my memories of that game on another thread and it was very nasty. Dod go back a few times and not seen anything like level of trouble. All pretty tame last few seasons, not many local pubs so best have a beer in London.
West Ham Pubs? on 18:35 - Sep 29 with 6375 viewspencoedjack

West Ham Pubs? on 18:06 - Sep 29 by awayjack

Yes just posted my memories of that game on another thread and it was very nasty. Dod go back a few times and not seen anything like level of trouble. All pretty tame last few seasons, not many local pubs so best have a beer in London.

There was a bit of trouble after our 4 1 win. Not 80s esqe but naughty at the tube stop.

Arrogant cockney t wats
West Ham Pubs? on 18:41 - Sep 29 with 6368 viewsbonymine

West Ham Pubs? on 18:35 - Sep 29 by pencoedjack

There was a bit of trouble after our 4 1 win. Not 80s esqe but naughty at the tube stop.

Arrogant cockney t wats

Do you want some ??

Do you want it ??

W @nkers .....

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

West Ham Pubs? on 21:02 - Sep 29 with 6300 viewsFieryJack

West Ham Pubs? on 18:41 - Sep 29 by bonymine

Do you want some ??

Do you want it ??

W @nkers .....

Come on then, let's be fa*kin' 'avin ya!

Regarding pubs, The Railway mentioned above is worth a shout, but apart from that the best advice is that given by others on here: have a drink in central London and forget trying to drink near the ground. Even West Ham fans struggle to get much drinking joy around their new home.
West Ham Pubs? on 22:40 - Sep 29 with 6252 viewsGlyn1

West Ham Pubs? on 18:30 - Sep 28 by FieryJack

I don't remember the C of Y having any televisions, so check with them if that's important. It isn't lively, you might think you were drinking in a church at times. There's a Wetherspoons on the other side of the road as well.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

West Ham Pubs? on 00:45 - Sep 30 with 6210 viewsFieryJack

West Ham Pubs? on 22:40 - Sep 29 by Glyn1

I don't remember the C of Y having any televisions, so check with them if that's important. It isn't lively, you might think you were drinking in a church at times. There's a Wetherspoons on the other side of the road as well.

It most definitely does not have televisions - they are banned from all Sam Smiths pubs, along with fruit machines, juke boxes and swearing.

Saw a bloke hurled out of the Shoulder of Mutton in Bradford for playing music on his Smartphone. Fugging hysterical - the look on his face 😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024